• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen non-Hoenn legendaries

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    FrLg had Deoxys, and HgSs had the Latis, the birds, Mewtwo, and the Creation trio. Which non-Hoenn legends do you think will fit with Hoenn, and in where would you like them to appear. Do you even think they'll have outside legends? Perhaps the legends like the Johto Bird Duo and Mew will return (they were in Emerald)?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Heatran always seems to make an appearance or have a reference, the same with the Legendary Birds and/or Dogs. The classics will probably reappear because it's a requirement to have them in every game, apparently...? I'm not complaining, I love Articuno and Zapdos (screw Moltres) as much as the next guy. I'd hope some newer ones besides Heatran are hidden away on those mysterious islands that you never visit in the original games.

Years
    Heatran always seems to make an appearance or have a reference, the same with the Legendary Birds and/or Dogs. The classics will probably reappear because it's a requirement to have them in every game, apparently...? I'm not complaining, I love Articuno and Zapdos (screw Moltres) as much as the next guy. I'd hope some newer ones besides Heatran are hidden away on those mysterious islands that you never visit in the original games.
    Heatran could fit in Mt. Chimney if they decide to have Groudon captured in Origin Cave like in the Originals, or Terra Cave like in Emerald (post game if they include it too).

Yeah I don't want the birds...hope they don't appear in these games like they appeared in both Pt and HgSs...

I hope to see the legendary dogs, or the Kami trio. (the Mirror could be in Slab cave as it's based on where Amaterasu is said to have hidden herself and a Mirror was required to bring her out).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I wouldn't mind if Mew was still catchable at Faraway Island and if both Lugia and Ho-Oh were still catchable at Navel Rock (seeing as how Johto allowed capture of Groudon/Kyogre, why not return the favor yet again?) Anything else would seem forced, IMO. Heatran might work (seeing as it tends to be analogous to Groudon, being associated with earth and lava), and maybe Regigigas (since it ties in with the Regi trio, although I liked it being locked away in an entirely different region, Sinnoh)... Roaming Legendary Dogs could be interesting (with a remastered battle theme, a nod to their unused battle theme arrangement from Ruby/Sapphire). Absolutely no Legendary Birds, please! I mean, they're in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/X/Y; IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO TAKE A REST! Honestly, it's like they don't even feel legendary anymore.. @_@

Last edited:

Years
    I wouldn't mind if Mew was still catchable at Faraway Island and if both Lugia and Ho-Oh were still catchable at Navel Rock (seeing as how Johto allowed capture of Groudon/Kyogre, why not return the favor yet again?) Anything else would seem forced, IMO. Heatran might work (seeing as it tends to be analogous to Groudon, being associated with earth and lava)... Roaming Legendary Dogs could be interesting (with a remastered battle theme, a nod to their unused battle theme arrangement from Ruby/Sapphire). Absolutely no Legendary Birds, please! I mean, they're in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/FireRed/LeafGreen/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/X/Y; IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO TAKE A REST! Honestly, it's like they don't even feel legendary anymore.. @_@
    Actually I think they weren't in the original GSC, only the remakes. Though the point still stands, they've been to every region except for Hoenn and Unova thus far...Please keep out of Hoenn or Rayquaza will Hyper Beam you back to Kanto!

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    Fingers crossed for the Beast Trio. (Dogs? Idk, I've always called them beasts.)
    Deoxys is Gen.III so I hope we have an event Deoxys or something of the sort as well. Besides those, I don't really look forward to any other legendaries. The Bird Trio piss me off so I didn't even go look for Moltres in XY. Kami Trio might be cool because I like their Therian forms but not overly hoping for it or anything.

I really like legendaries but seeing as so many people don't play Ubers Tier and most look down upon legendaries used competitively, it kind of annoys me that such a high percentage of the population wants new/overlapping ones all the time. Why do you want what you won't use. -____-

Years
    I always use my legends, sadly XY had few of them, and only one was available before post game.

I hope Regigigas is available in the undersea chamber that activates the other chambers.

Years
    If you look at past history with remakes HGSS and FRLG, there was about 11
    obtainable legendaries in each game (THere are more as a total but version exclusives leave around 11-12 per game)
    Say all 3rd gen legends are available outside of Jirachi. That would be the Regi Trio, 1 of the Lati@s for each game, 1 of Kyogre or Groudon, Rayquaza, deoxys (Maybe getting one in this game will unlock something in the 5th meteorite in XY) . That would be 7 for buying one of the two games. about 4-5 other legends would be available.
    My Prediction for other available legends:
    You get one of the dogs/beasts depending on your starter.
    Regigigas will be another based on relation to the regis.
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Probably a 5th gen legendary Say kami Trio would be most likely

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    A little off topic, but what was the point of shiny-locking Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.. Hoping the legendaries in ORAS aren't.

Years
    I hope we get the opposite Mascot but not the stone for it's new Mega (or whatever the new form is/item is).

I would like Jiranchi to be available too. That'll mean 8 or 9 if Deoxys in included. 10 if they keep the other Lati event of the originals.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    I'm thinking the Tao Trio, but only because Hoenn itself is shaped like the Yin/Yang symbol. I'm also hoping for roaming legendary dogs, but I want them to mention that they escaped from Orre or something. If not, I'd be okay with roaming 4th gen pixies, as we haven't seen them in a while.

Isn't Orre a side game? So it'd make more sense for the 3 legendary beasts to from Johto rather than Orre?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Isn't Orre a side game? So it'd make more sense for the 3 legendary beasts to from Johto rather than Orre?

Orre was as much a part of the 3rd Generation as Hoenn was, in my opinion, because they were the first games to give non-Hoenn native Pokemon to Ruby and Sapphire, and Orre had exclusive Pokemon until Emerald came out (barring events, you'd still need Colosseum and XD for Ho-oh and Lugia). I think it deserves a cameo at least. Some sort of mention somewhere.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    Orre was as much a part of the 3rd Generation as Hoenn was, in my opinion, because they were the first games to give non-Hoenn native Pokemon to Ruby and Sapphire, and Orre had exclusive Pokemon until Emerald came out (barring events, you'd still need Colosseum and XD for Ho-oh and Lugia). I think it deserves a cameo at least. Some sort of mention somewhere.

I've heard arguments about how because Orre isn't part of the main console (GB/DS), it's considered a side game and GameFreak doesn't refer to side games or something along those lines. It makes sense to me but we'll see what happens.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Possibly a good large chunk of BW and XY legendaries are something called for. But then again, this is all probably linked to the postgame, so I don't feel any difference if IV, II or I Gen legendaries are present.

Maybe the player can choose between the roaming legendaries of Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova through something like the buzzed TV?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm pretty sure we'll get to see Regigigas since Hoenn is the home of the regis and all. Also, I'd like to see the "Forces of Nature" trio, maybe connected to the Weather Institute.

I'd also like to see the Swords of Justice instead of the beast trio, I've had enough of Kanto/Johto legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I imagine that some of the key areas in the game will receive expansions. I can really see Shoal Cave receiving an update. The dynamic of the cave itself it actually quite complex due to the tides and so forth. So I do hope that the games actually expand on this and make certain areas accessible at certain times, so that we can continue to find more exclusive legendary Pokémon. However, the number of Ice type legendaries is quite low. We have Articuno who could be a possibility, and Kyurem, assuming Regice won't receive a relocation. Hoenn would be a great place to see the legendary bird trio return though, but I'm sure it's unlikely due to their availability in X&Y. Though I do see Kyurem as a possibility in Hoenn's Shoal Cave.

I really hope they do something involving the Mossdeep Space Center, and Deoxys. Deoxys has never been available through the main game, you always had to retrieve the Aurora Ticket (FR/LG & Emerald) so as to go to Birth Island. However I reckon that given how the games like to make more story integrate with their legendary events; I'm hoping Deoxys will be available in-game. This is where the Mossdeep Space Center comes in. Predominantly useless in Ruby and Sapphire, it gained a larger role in Emerald. Team Magma attempted to steal the rocket fuel from the center. Other than that though, it's just sitting there with no real use. This is why I'm hoping that they will integrate some sort of involvement between it, and Deoxys.

Jirachi is another Pokémon who was "available" back during the time of Ruby and Sapphire, however it was another event Pokémon (Pokémon Channel, Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc). So I imagine that they'll pay homage to that in some way and make Jirachi available in Hoenn somewhere.

In addition to this, we also seen Mew on Faraway Island. Again this was another Japanese exclusive event. Given that Pokémon are being a lot more international these days, I believe we'll probably see Mew all over the world this time if they actually implement the event. Mew is one of the event Pokémon I can see making a return in some shape or form.

So assuming these, I am expecting Kyurem, each Regi, the Eon duo, the Weather trio (obviously), Mew (event), and Deoxys. I am thoroughly expecting more than that, but I'm going to wait until we have a map of the "new" Hoenn, since GameFreak having been calling it a "new world", afterall.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that we will get more legends this time around, we got plenty of non-johto exclusive legendaries in HGSS. I'd definitely say Darkrai, Cresselia, The Lake Trio, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem; that's just my guess but I'm sure there will be more.

Back