• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen White Rock

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
  • The White Rock has confused me for a while. (It's outside of the Space Station in Mossdeep) I'm hoping it brings like a Jirachi event or something like that. What do you guys think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps, or perhaps it'll have something to do with Shaymin? As Oak said something about a white rock in Kanto similar to the one in Sinnoh, it may have been a mistake and was meant to be Hoenn...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Perhaps, or perhaps it'll have something to do with Shaymin? As Oak said something about a white rock in Kanto similar to the one in Sinnoh, it may have been a mistake and was meant to be Hoenn...

I'm not really sure about that, haha. It does sound good on paper, but have a feeling that it won't be as great when put into actual work. Shaymin is a generation four Pokémon, but Jirachi, on other hand, is from gen three; to me, it'd make a lot more sense if they'd put more focus on the latter than former. d:

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Well, the girl standing next to it just says

"This rock has a special meaning to the people at the Space Center.
    They put it here as their wish for their rockets to fly safely.
    When you make a wish, what do you use? Do you wish upon a star?
    I use a wish tag to make it happen. That's what I do."

It never had anything to do with Jirachi before, so I dunno.... But the girl seems to be referring to it. It'll probably have something to do with something

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh yes, the girl talks about shooting stars and wishes next to a special rock. She also mentions it brings good luck to the Space Center launches. Maybe a side thing would be Team Magma/Aqua trying to take away that White Rock thinking it would have some connection with altering the land/seamasses?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well, the girl standing next to it just says

"This rock has a special meaning to the people at the Space Center.
    They put it here as their wish for their rockets to fly safely.
    When you make a wish, what do you use? Do you wish upon a star?
    I use a wish tag to make it happen. That's what I do."

It never had anything to do with Jirachi before, so I dunno.... But the girl seems to be referring to it. It'll probably have something to do with something
    Wishes = Jirachi, that would be common sense... that's why most people believe it had something to do with Jirachi.

I'm not really sure about that, haha. It does sound good on paper, but have a feeling that it won't be as great when put into actual work. Shaymin is a generation four Pokémon, but Jirachi, on other hand, is from gen three; to me, it'd make a lot more sense if they'd put more focus on the latter than former. d:
    On the other hand, it would explain why it wasn't used in the 3rd generation games when Shaymin wasn't announced yet =D

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm also hoping the white rock and the space station have something to do with Jirachi. I remember talking to that scientist at the space station every day, hoping I'd get to fly to space and catch Jirachi after maybe a 100 successful rocket launches. :P

Years
  • Perhaps GF will take a page from the Pokemon Special Emerald arc and make Archie and Maxie try to use Jiranchi to achieve their plans they fail. At least Maxie since Groudon didn't awaken until after Archie succeeded in his plan.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I hope they have that rock serve a purpose now. It's always caught my curiosity and I've felt like it just had to be connected with Jirachi in some way

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It wouldn't make sense to me to have both Jirachi and Deoxys events in space (we'd better go to space tbh) so the rock will probably have to do with one of them. It might be a meteorite Deoxys crashed down in, or maybe Jirachi lives inside it or some weird garbage like that. Leave it to GameFreak to develop some sort of weird theories and stories, ya know?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure they will make something out of it this time around, especially if they expand on the whole Space Shuttle/Jirachi Event.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Perhaps GF will take a page from the Pokemon Special Emerald arc and make Archie and Maxie try to use Jiranchi to achieve their plans they fail. At least Maxie since Groudon didn't awaken until after Archie succeeded in his plan.

Plot twist: Steven is a Vigilante who wants to take advantage of Jirachi's power to create the purest ore in the world. 8D

I'm pretty sure they will make something out of it this time around, especially if they expand on the whole Space Shuttle/Jirachi Event.

The more I think about it though, it feels the rock involved in Shaymin's event is similar to this rock and it might be expounded upon in that way. It just seems weird that two space-themed Pokemon's events would be so closely related like this.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, they may turn it in to a place where you can change Deoxys' Forms. Like in Veilstone City. (Sinnoh)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    It'd be cute as can be if they had a lil' mini in-game event where Jirachi appeared or something. Like, maybe a download from the Pokemon website and the scientists find a stone from space that reacts when near a large sum of White Rock, and then the stone turns out to be Jirachi? c':

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That too...however they could also put those in Meteor falls.

Meteor Falls can be the encounter place for Deoxys, if that's what you're asking. I think the White Rock could 'glow' in certain days and allow you to catch Jirachi, like Mirage Island. That or they'll pig out and make it just like the old games as event Pokémon.

Years
  • I sure hope so...Jiranchi along with Manaphy,Shaymin, Mew and Celebi don't appear in many games...and I fear Victini will share that too...the curse of the cute Pokemon.

Years
  • The White Rock was pretty cryptic in the original RSE. It'll be interesting to see if Game Freak does anything special with it. Jirachi is one of my favorite legendary pokemon, so I'd love it if they found a way to tie the two together. In any case, I'm really hoping we have to venture into space at some point in the game; that would be pretty rad. d:

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Did anyone actually think of this...? Could it have something to do with a mega version of Jirachi? What if Jirachi can extract the stone and possibly make itself a mega after catching it in space? This is really out there, but I think it wouldn't seem to far off. A mega Jirachi is definitely desired.

Back