• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Alright, after Firered and Leafgreen were announced people started to speculate on Gold and Silver remakes. After Heartgold and Soulsilver speculation of Ruby and Sapphire remakes came up. Now that Omegaruby and Alphasapphire have been announced it's time for the Diamond and Pearl remake speculation to begin!

What do you think they'll be called? When do you think they'll make them? Will they even be remade? Do you think they'll even have to?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Please, no. Sinnoh is great as it is. If they're remade, it'll probably be on the next handheld only, and only if there's a next handheld (considering competition from smartphones and tablets).

Years
  • Please, no. Sinnoh is great as it is. If they're remade, it'll probably be on the next handheld only, and only if there's a next handheld (considering competition from smartphones and tablets).

How is that bad? That's been the case with all the remakes, third versions, sequels, and the rest of the main games...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • How is that bad? That's been the case with all the remakes, third versions, sequels, and the rest of the main games...

I think it's too early to tell. We don't know if next handheld will follow the same dual-screen design of the DS/3DS, and we don't know if it'll run DS games. If it's compatible with DS games, then a remake is pretty pointless. If it doesn't have dual-screens, reproducing the gameplay will be very difficult, because the Pokétch was a big part of DPP and it only works with a touch screen.

Anyways, considering how they're marketing ORAS, I think a Sinnoh remake is definitely possible in the future, but not something I'd be particularly looking forward to.

But then... The original games are out of print, and boxed copies are very expensive... :( I had to import one.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • We won't see AdamantDiamond/LustrousPearl for at last five years at this point, and considering Nintendo's financial situation, it's doubtful they'll make another handheld after the 3DS.

Years
  • I'd definitely like to see a renewed focus on Sinnoh at some point but I think it'll probably be way in the future, most likely in conjunction with whatever new hand-held device Nintendo comes up with haha. The reason being is that a DS is probably more available to people nowadays than a GBA so the demand for Sinnoh remakes won't be very high atm in comparison to the desire for Ruby/Sapphire remakes - years down the line though there'll probably be the same kind of feeling as all the Hoenn fans are currently feeling haha :)

It's fun to think about though, it's one of my favourite regions :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • WHAT. We just got the names of the Hoenn remakes/revisits (whatever they are, we don't even know for sure) and there's already a Sinnoh remake speculation thread? Damn. We sure live in a fast paced world now...

Anyway, as with the RSE remake speculation threads of the past, this one needs to stay on topic, stay respectful, and not call me or other staff over here for reports too often. :P That one RSE remake thread was a disaster.

As far as Sinnoh remakes are concerned, I don't even want to think about it. My focus goes to ORAS for now. Rather speculate a sure-fire thing than something that's likely in the very distant future.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • As I've said in another thread, there's absolutely no need for D/P/Pt to be remade right now, because the originals are fully playable on the current hardware.

I guess they will be remade when Nintendo moves on to a new handheld with no DS compatibility.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Sinnoh's a lovely region, but it doesn't need a remake just yet. Let there be a gap of a few years, maybe to the next generation or two if applicable, only then would a remake be appropriate.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, as soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought are we already on this?

I really don't think Sinnoh is something that needs to be remade because not only is it perfectly playable on the DS as it is now, but it already had things that RSE didn't, like Wi-Fi (although in a week and a half that'll be moot) and the physical/special split.

Years
  • Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if remakes stopped with Hoenn, considering that it's the last stage pre-DS/3DS. In my opinion, thinking about Sinnoh remakes right now is indeed a little too soon, considering that Nintendo *just* announced ORAS and that DPPt are not that old at the same time.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The only person I know who will be for a Sinnoh remake is my friend, who is a user here in PC and a major Dawn fan. Other than that, I think it's too soon to even start talking about Sinnoh remakes, because ORAS hasn't been out yet.

If they're remade, it'll probably be on the next handheld only, and only if there's a next handheld (considering competition from smartphones and tablets).
    Seeing the responses from this thread at the Video Games section, the remakes will definitely be handheld only.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The only person I know who will be for a Sinnoh remake is my friend, who is a user here in PC and a major Dawn fan. Other than that, I think it's too soon to even start talking about Sinnoh remakes, because ORAS hasn't been out yet.

That's sad... Sinnoh is a great region.

Seeing the responses from this thread at the Video Games section, the remakes will definitely be handheld only.

I know. But what I meant is that they would be on the next Nintendo handheld, if there's one.

Considering ORAS can use the dual screens of the 3DS when the GBA had only one, I could see a Sinnoh remake using only one screen, as long as it features touch controls of course. The Pokétch is essential to the Sinnoh games.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I guess for me, Sinnoh just seems so recent that remakes don't even cross into the realm of possibility.

Sure, they may be made sometime in the future, but they seem too current to be thinking about right now.

Then again, having not played much of Pearl and Diamond when they came out, I also don't have a lot of nostalgic feelings for them and therefore makes remakes less of a priority in my mind.

Years
  • I pointed out earlier in a thread in ORAS that the remakes seem to come out after 6+ 2X years since the original pair came out. X= The number of the generation. Kanto got remade 8 years after the originals...damn actually when you think about it it's been 8 years already since DP came out in Japan...
    Johto got remade 10 years after GS.
    And now Hoenn is getting remade after 12 years since RS came out in 2002. If GF were to keep it up at the current rate we'll get Sinnoh remakes by the start of the next decade...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I really see no need for Sinnoh to be remade right away or maybe even at all. It still feels too current of a game even if it's 7/8 years old. However maybe several years down the road when and if Nintendo release's a new console, then maybe. It just doesn't seem necessary to remake every game and ORAS were JUST announced. Plus DPPT have yet to create the great amount of nostalgia that RSE is just starting to make now. The nostalgia RSE has with fans and the high demand the remakes had is why GF decided to final give them a proper remake likely.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • They'll remake FireRed and LeafGreen before Diamond and Pearl. Yes, remakes of the remakes for the 3DS.

Point is, DPPt are playable on a 3DS and can transfer Pokemon to BW which can transfer to XY. There's no reason to remake them right now, whereas there is with FR/LG into Burning Red and Forest Green. You need a DS Phat or DS Lite to transfer stuff and since they don't make those anymore and RS are getting remakes... why not?

Yes, they'd include the islands and perhaps even more new stuff. I'd like to see those in full 3D.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Remakes have to stop somewhere. I don't want fifty remakes, they're fine as they are.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I personally think the remake train is going to stop with OR/AS. The way I see it, the first two remakes: FR/LG and HG/SS came out because of the incompatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3. And I don't think GF was actually planning on RSE remakes, but the demand for it was huge, and there's a particularly high nostalgia factor in RSE because it was the first Pokemon game a lot of people played (moreso than DPPt, it seems).

That said, I'm still down with the whole sequels idea (I know, a lot of people are adamantly opposed to this idea), so if they did something like that for DPPt, I'd totally play them. But I'm doubtful that they'll be doing remakes. The demand for it just isn't there like it was for OR/AS.

Back