• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*~Hoenn Mirror World~* (revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    AUTHOR'S NOTE
    Well, after a lot of consideration, I decided to revise Hoenn Mirror World. Just to let you know, this revision will have similarities and differences (varying from minor to major) to the original, which can be read here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24826. The reason for the revision is because it'll be on my upcoming site, and I want it to be as good and entertaining as it can be. I'd really appreciate it if you give me some reviews and constructive criticism (mainly because all I had was mostly useless praise for the original).

With that said, enjoy the story. :D

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Introduction
    There are two kinds of Hoenn.

One is the Hoenn we are all familiar with. The Hoenn that we know is like any other place in the world: full of special creatures, Pokemon, with different characteristics and abilities. People participate with Pokemon in their own unique way by training them for battles, breeding them, or grooming them to compete in Contests.

However, there's another kind of Hoenn that almost no one knows about? one that is an alternative universe to the familiar Hoenn region. The trainers, breeders, and coordinators that live in this Hoenn bond with Pokemon in a way that may seem different to us yet somewhat similar to our methods with Pokemon.

As 10-year-old Mariah Janvi from Littleroot Town starts her Pokemon journey, she leaves the Hoenn that she is familiar with and enters the mysterious ?parallel Hoenn??

There, her life will be changed forever?

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    CHAPTER 1: The Magical Mirror Girl is Born
    It was a fine morning in Littleroot Town.

In the home of the Janvi family, Mariah was sleeping in her bedroom. She then slowly opened her dark chocolate-colored eyes after feeling the warmth of sunbeams that were coming through her window.

?Morning already??? Mariah said with a yawn.

The ten-year-old girl turned toward her alarm clock, and her eyes immediately grew wide with shock when she noticed that it was blank.

?WHAT?! It isn't working?!? Mariah yelped in panic. ?Oh, man! I bet it?s past 9:30! I?d better get going!?

Mariah jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom near her room. She quickly took off her red and white pajamas before taking a quick shower and washed her face. Afterwards, she dried herself off, wrapped the towel around her body, and brushed her teeth. As Mariah was brushing her short, black hair half a minute later, there was a knock at the door.

?Mariah?? The voice of an elderly woman called through the door.

?Yeah, grandma?? was Mariah?s response after taking a brief pause in brushing.

?I just wanted to let you know that the power had gone out late last night.? The woman told her granddaughter.

?Should've guessed.? Mariah sighed. She then continued brushing her hair. ?How bad is it??

?It's not serious, but it'll take a while to get it fixed.? Her grandmother said.

?Okay. I'm gonna be down in about ten minutes.? Mariah replied.

Mariah's grandmother headed downstairs to the kitchen to make Mariah's breakfast. Mariah?s father, who was a tall, dark-skinned man with dark brown hair, was sitting in the living room reading the daily newspaper.

?I've told her about the power outage.? Mr. Janvi?s mother told her son.

?Good.? Mr. Janvi didn?t turn to the elderly woman but took notice of her words.

Ten minutes later, Mariah came downstairs. She was wearing a bright yellow sleeveless shirt, a medium length skirt and sandals that matched in color, and a yellowish-orange ribbon in her hair. She was about to head out of the door when her father turned to her.

?Hey, Mariah,? He said to his daughter. ?Want breakfast??

?Sorry, Dad, but I'm running late!? Mariah said as she headed toward the door.

?Oh, honey! Wait up!? Mr. Janvi called to his daughter after checking his watch. ?You?re not going to be??

Before Mariah's father could finish his sentence, Mariah had already left.

??late.? Mr. Janvi sighed.

Mariah was on her way to Professor Birch's lab to get her first Pokemon. She was looking forward to it because she can now experience the thrill only a Pokemon trainer could have. After a while of running, she was in front of the door of the lab. She knocked on the door a few times, and Professor Birch answered.

?Sorry? I?m late? Professor Birch?? Mariah said as she was catching her breath.

?Late? You're not late at all.? Birch told her. Mariah looked at the professor with a stunned expression.

?As a matter of fact, you're the first one here.? The professor added. ?Come on in.?

The two went into the lab. There were several machines all over the metal clad room, and a desk that had three Pokeballs and a Pokedex was in the back of the room.

?I bet that power outage confused you a bit, huh?? Professor Birch asked Mariah with a laugh.

?It sure did.? Mariah answered as she laughed as well, although sounding a bit embarrassed.

?Hey, Mariah! Didn't know that you'll be here so early!?

Mariah turned to her right and noticed a boy that she's quite familiar with sitting at another desk that was against the wall and slightly smaller. He had ashen hair and coffee-colored eyes and wore a black headband with a Pokeball symbol, a black and red jacket, black pants, and black shoes.

?How early am I, Brendan?? Mariah asked Professor Birch?s son.

?About two hours,? Brendan Birch responded as he checked his watch. ?It?s only 7:30. Not even Gym Leaders are up before ten.?

Mariah laughed for a few seconds before a sour expression appeared on her face. ?Stupid power outage,? she muttered in annoyance.

?I?ll say.? Brendan agreed. ?At least catching Pokemon for my Dad to study doesn?t require electrical outlets.?

Brendan?s father just chuckled at the remark as he got the three Pokeballs from the desk.

?Okay. It?s time to pick your Pokemon, Mariah.?

Birch pressed the buttons on each of the Pokeballs, and bright lights burst out of them. They formed into a green lizard-like Pokemon, a blue Pokemon with orange fins on its cheeks, and an orange chick-like Pokemon. The three Pokemon appeared eager to see which one of them will finally have a trainer.

?Meet Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic.? Birch said to Mariah. ?Which one would you like??

Mariah first looked at Mudkip, the blue Pokemon with orange fins on its face. It was rather cute, and trainers have always said that Mudkip are easy to train. However, she didn?t feel that the Mud Fish Pokemon suited her.

Then Mariah looked at Torchic, the orange chick. It was a bit cuter than Mudkip, and the number of Fire Pokemon isn?t too high in the Hoenn region. Despite its cuteness, she wasn?t too comfortable with the Chick Pokemon.

Finally Mariah turned to Treecko, the green lizard Pokemon, which she appeared to like the best. Along with a fondness for Grass-type Pokemon, Treecko was, to her, a Pokemon that loves adventure and excitement.

Her mind was then made up.

?I'm gonna go with...Treecko!?

The Wood Gecko Pokemon smiled and nodded at Mariah?s response while Mudkip and Torchic were somewhat saddened that they didn't get chosen.

?Good choice.? Professor Birch said with a smile. ?Treecko is a great Pokemon.?

He then gave Mariah the Pokedex and five Pokeballs. ?You?ll need this Pokedex to get the information on the Pokemon you've seen and caught, and Pokeballs to capture Pokemon.?

?Thanks!? Mariah said with a smile and a nod.

***​

Mariah was in her room to gather her belongings: a backpack, her sleeping bag, and her Pokemon manual. After packing up, she came downstairs where her father gave her a Pokemon Navigator (PokeNav) that he was saving more than a few months ago from a business trip to Rustboro City, and her grandmother gave her some Pokemon food as well as a first aid kit. After some final preparations, Mariah was ready to begin her journey.

?Take care of yourself, Mariah!? The grandmother called out to her granddaughter.

?Good luck!? Mariah?s father called out.

Mariah waved to her father and grandmother before she headed out to Route 101. By the time an hour passed, Mariah had already passed through the small town of Oldale and was halfway through Route 102. At that point, she decided that Treecko should explore the Route with her, so she got out the Wood Gecko?s Pokeball and pressed the button on it to increase its size. The ball opened and released a bright light that formed into Treecko.

After walking through the area for a while, Mariah saw a strange rainbow-colored light in the distance. A seemingly entranced Treecko began to head toward it.

?Hey, Treecko! Wait!? Mariah yelled in surprise.

Mariah quickly went after it, but she was a bit too late. Treecko was pulled into the light?

?and before Mariah could figure out what happened to her Pokemon, she was pulled into the light as well!

?Huh?!? Mariah yelled in a panicked tone as she found herself unable to break free. ?What's going on?! Where are we going?!?

Mariah and Treecko suddenly found themselves falling into a bizarre rainbow vortex. The two shrieked in panic as they continued to fall faster and faster until they finally had a hard landing on solid ground...

***​

?Mariah? Wake up.?

After what seemed like forever, Mariah slowly opened her eyes and sat up.

?Wh...where am I? What's going on?? Mariah asked.

?I don't have a clue.? Someone responded.

?Who said that?!? Mariah began to look around to see where the voice was coming from. ?Hello? Someone here??

She then felt a tug on her shirt and turned to see and hear something completely unexpected.

?I did.?

Mariah was totally shocked that her own Pokemon somehow learned to talk. Before she could ask what was going on, her surroundings shocked her more. She was in a large room that was full of colorful mirrors, and Mariah and Treecko investigated the one nearest them. At the top of the mirror were the words "egalliV toorelttiL".

?Okay, this is getting weird. What the heck is an ?egalliv toorelttil??? Mariah inquired her Pokemon.

Treecko shook his head. ?I don?t know.?

Mariah kept on mumbling the strange words to herself as she tried to decipher the text. While she struggled with the strange writing, Treecko noticed something behind it.

?I think we may be reading it wrong.? Treecko said. He took a good look at the text and was able to figure out what it said a few seconds later. ?Little...root... vill...age.?

?Littleroot Village??

?Hey, Mariah. Check this out!?

Mariah looked in the mirror, but instead of her reflection, she saw a village that was similar to Littleroot Town. However, Professor Birch's lab seemed different. Instead of a modern-styled medium-sized building, there was a small building with vines wrapping it from the bottom.

?I see something that looks like my house and something else that looks like Brendan's, but...? Mariah then looked at the building that looked like Professor Birch?s lab. While it did have some similarities to the one that Mariah always saw most of her life, she couldn?t recognize it very well.

Suddenly, a girl approached the trainer and her Pokemon as they continued to gaze at the village in the mirror.

?Uh...excuse me??

Upon seeing the young girl, Mariah?s heartbeat was abruptly brought to a standstill. After taking a good look at her, she noticed that the girl looked exactly like her and had the exact same voice as Mariah! The only distinction was that the Mariah look-alike was wearing a headband instead of a ribbon and had a necklace with a Pokeball that appeared to be made out of cobalt crystal.

?Okay. I thought this place couldn't get any weirder, but you've just become the icing on the cake.? Mariah said as she pointed a slightly shaky finger at her look-alike.

?Cute. Very cute.? The other Mariah responded with a laugh.

?Okay, what is this place??

?Well, this is the Hoenn Mirror World, and I'm the Mirror Guardian. My name's Mariah.?

Mariah?s eyes widened upon hearing her ?twin?s? introduction. ?This is getting too weird. I?ve just started my Pokemon Journey today, and yet here you, practically my twin of some sort, are saying that you?guard these mirrors?! And while I?m on the subject? what?s this Littleroot Village??

?Do you want me to show you around Littleroot Village?? Mariah?s literal mirror image asked in a somewhat oblivious manner.

Mariah?s expression instantly became annoyed at the reply. ?You?re not getting this, are you??

?Nice Treecko. Where'd you get it?? The other Mariah asked as she noted the Wood Gecko Pokemon.

?I've got it from Littleroot Town, which is in my world.? Mariah said, growing more aggravated with her doppelganger?s obliviousness. ?It appears to have some hidden talents, like talking.?

?It's perfectly normal for Pokemon to talk here.? was the ?Mirror Mariah?s? response.

?Uh...okay.? Mariah said. She then frantically shook her head while rapidly waving her arms before becoming irritated with Mirror Mariah again. ?Hey, wait a sec! How the heck did I even get here?! And what about this Mirror Guardian stuff that you brought up??

?To be honest,? said Mirror Mariah, suddenly becoming serious, ?I don?t know how you got here. I?ve never expected any outsiders to come here, let alone one that looks like me. Second of all, I became the Mirror Guardian a while back. My memory?s kinda fuzzy on the one before me or how I took over, but??

A scream was suddenly heard, and the two Mariahs and Treecko turned their attention to the Littleroot Village mirror. They saw in the mirror a man in a wizard outfit running for his life as he was being attacked by three black dog-like Pokemon in a small grassy area near the village.

?Hey, those are Poochyena chasing that guy!? Mariah pointed out.

?We?d better give him a hand!? Treecko said.

?Let's get going!? Mirror Mariah commanded as she went through the mirror to Littleroot Village. Mariah followed with Treecko right behind. After having another feeling that felt like falling, the three landed just less than half a foot away from the grassy area where they saw the incident.

?Help me! Help!? cried a man?s voice.

Treecko, hearing the cry and wanting to help, headed toward the Poochyena trio and let out a whistle.

?Hey! Over here, fur balls!? The Wood Gecko Grass-type taunted.

The Poochyena turned their attention to Treecko. The Wood Gecko Pokemon jumped towards one of the Poochyena, smacked him with his tail and sent him flying right into one of his team mates. Both of them skidded on the ground when they landed. The third Poochyena charged into Treecko when his guard was down, and the force of the Tackle attack made him fall on his back.

Treecko got up and turned to his trainer. ?Hey, Mariah, any ideas??

?Try a Leer attack!? Mariah suggested.

Treecko nodded at Mariah and quickly gave the offending Poochyena a sharp, intimidating leer. The two Poochyena that were getting up seemed to have backed down upon making eye contact with Treecko, but the third one refused to give in. He tackled Treecko, and then the second one followed suit after gathering his courage, and finally the first. The three Poochyena then banded together to use a team Tackle attack that sent Treecko high into the air. However, Treecko took advantage of this by pointing his body straight down toward his attackers to increase his falling speed. Before the Poochyena could figure out what Treecko was planning, the Wood Gecko Pokemon curls up his whole body but his dark green tail, which he used to hit the middle Poochyena as he fell. The brutal hit made the Poochyena bounce off the ground and landing on his side just as quickly as Treecko landed back on the ground. Both sides were tired, and the Poochyena have already lost one of their teammates.

?Give up yet?? Treecko asked, ready for anything.

The second Poochyena got his fallen partner on his back. Then, seeing no reason to continue the battle, the Dark-type Bite Pokemon ran away. Treecko was breathing heavily as he turned to Mariah.

?Way to go, Treecko.? Mariah congratulated.

?No problem.? Treecko said as he gave Mariah a thumbs-up.

?Wow. That was impressive!? The wizard, relieved that help came, told Mariah and Treecko.

Treecko happily thanked the wizard with a nod, but Mariah, after taking a good look at who she just rescued.

?Professor Birch?!? Mariah exclaimed in shock.

?Professor Birch? I'm sorry, but you must be mistaken. I'm Sorcerer Birch.? The man responded.

Mariah was rather surprised by this. ?Sorcerer Birch? Since when did you become a magician??

?Well, I was taught sorcery that my family's been passing down for generations.? Sorcerer Birch told the currently astonished Mariah.

Mariah has only been in this strange world for only a few minutes and she already have more than enough of the madness. ?Okay. I don't know what's going on here, but I'm outta here.? She began to walk off when Mirror Mariah stopped her.

?You shouldn?t waste your time wandering around here.?

?How'd do you expect me get out of here?? Mariah asked, getting a bit aggravated with Mirror Mariah again.

?Well, there's the Golden Gateway at the Oldale Shrine.? Mirror Mariah answered. ?It'll take you anywhere you want to go right away.?

It was the best news that Mariah heard all day since she came here. ?Well, what are we waiting for??

Mariah?s joy was interrupted by a strange ruby light that shot across the sky.

?Whoa!? Treecko yelled in shock. ?What was that?!?

?I don't know, but I have a bad feeling about this because it's heading to the Oldale Shrine!? Mirror Mariah said before taking the lead to the direction toward the Oldale Shrine. ?Let's get going!?

Mirror Mariah went off and Mariah and Treecko followed her. Meanwhile, Sorcerer Birch appeared worried about the strange glow in the sky.

?Could it be...??

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    The trio made it to the Oldale Shrine, which was very large and appeared very old on the outside but looked like it was built a few days ago on the inside. They entered only to see a boy who looks like Brendan (without the headband and jacket) and a magician dressed in a red robe. The magician blew the boy into a crimson mirror with a fire-like whirlwind from his outstretched palm. Then, with a snap of his fingers, the mirror disappeared. The magician then looked at a large, golden mirror in the corner with two gold Pokeballs on the top and bottom of each side and wings on its sides. He was about to go through it when Mirror Mariah stepped into the shrine and held up her hand to stop him.

?Hey! Hold it!?

A golden wand materialized in Mirror Mariah's hand. It had a Pokeball on top with wings on the side of it, and it had six jewels that were red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple in color on the top part.

?Don't even think about entering that mirror.? Mirror Mariah said in a low, demanding tone.

?Ah.? The crimson robed magician turned to Mirror Mariah. ?I didn't expect for the Guardian of the Mirrors to be here at the Oldale Shrine.?

?Get out of here now.? Mirror Mariah ordered.

?It's for the good of all of the Hoenn Mirror World.? The magician said, sounding serious.

Mirror Mariah didn't listen and headed towards the magician. Before she was close, the magician disappeared in the blink of an eye and reappeared just as fast behind her. He then grabbed Mirror Mariah around the neck.

?This is for your own good,? the magician told his victim. ?Let me through or suffer.?

Mirror Mariah didn?t say anything, and she seemed to be out of choices. Just then, she got an idea and tossed the wand to Mariah. Mariah hesitated at first but managed to catch it.

The magician then tossed Mirror Mariah aside and headed toward Mariah. ?And who are you, young lady?? he asked.
    ?I don't know what's going on here, but leave me out of this! I have nothing to do with??

?You were with the Mirror Guardian,? the magician said, cutting off Mariah, ?so you've got yourself involved.?

?Treecko's worn out from the battle with the Poochyena and can't do much,? Mariah thought with worry. ?And I don't know what to do with this wand!?

Seeing that Mariah didn?t know what she was doing, Mirror Mariah chose to help her. ?Mariah! I'm not sure this'll work, but there is some writing on the left wing of the wand. If you can decipher it, it may give us a chance against this creep.?

?But?? Mariah began.

?Just do it!? Mirror Mariah insisted before she was hit with a fiery blast from the magician.

Mariah watched her doppelganger trying to hold off the sorcerer and then turned to the worn out Treecko, who nodded to her with encouragement. Mariah nodded back and looked at the near-microscopic text on the left wing: "regnad morf lla tcetorp ot rewop eht em evig esaelp, nneoH fo srorriM lacigaM". Mariah struggled with reading it.

?Hurry up!? Mirror Mariah said with anxiety, apparently unable to hold off her foe?s relentless assaults.

?Sorry, but I don't speak Mirror, unfortunately!? Mariah called back as she continued figuring out the wording.

All of a sudden, the words, in perfect English, were somehow coming into her head. It was almost like that particular phrase was completely memorized, but she never saw it until now. Still, she couldn?t waste anymore time with her look-alike in danger.

?Magical Mirrors of Hoenn, please protect all from danger!?

The jewels then began glowing one by one and shot a light into the sky once they were all lit up. Mariah headed outside followed by her Treecko to see the six lights swirling into a corkscrew. After a short pause, the six lights started to shine on Mariah.

Mariah suddenly felt like she was floating in midair and felt a draft as her clothes suddenly vanished. Rainbow lights surrounded her body, and in place of the lights was a red shirt. Forming around her waist was a short white skirt, and on her feet appeared black high heels. Pokeball barrettes materialized in her hair, and large, round, white wings emerged from her back. The wand then floated down into her hand, and another rainbow light surrounded her as she twirled around. The light then homed into her chest and a black ribbon with yellow at the end and a Pokeball in the middle of the bow appeared on the shirt.

After Mariah?s transformation was done, she felt solid ground again and looked around.

?Huh? What happened?? Mariah, feeling a little lighter on her back, reached for her backpack. ?Huh? Where'd my backpack go? I had it with me before I've got here and??

The wand that Mariah held in her hand changed into a mirror. Mariah looked at her reflection and was freaked out by her new look.

?What the...?!? Mariah yelped. ?What is with these clothes?! And these wings?! Just what in the world is going on here?!?

Just then, a bright emerald-colored beam was shot at Treecko. Upon contact, Treecko was turned into a glow of the light before he was absorbed into the wand. The green gem glowed softly once it completely took in Mariah?s Pokemon.

?Treecko??? Mariah said in shock and alarm. Hoping for answers, she ran into the shrine and saw an injured Mirror Mariah. She was left completely wordless by the recent events.

Before Mariah could approach her look-alike, the magician attacked her with a fiery whirlwind. However, Mariah dodged it just in time by using her newly formed wings to fly.

?Surrender now and I'll let you and your friend leave in one piece,? the magician demanded.

Mariah didn't say anything. She was trying to figure out what to do.

?Not going to surrender?? the magician coldly inquired. ?Oh, well...?

With that, the magician began gathering fire-like energy into an orb. Once the orb was large enough, it headed toward Mariah. Just before it hit her, she dodged by ascending. Mariah was very astounded by her recent ability to fly.

?You little...!? growled the magician. ?Take this!?

The magician gathered up energy into another orb. Once again, it headed for Mariah when it was the right size, but this time it hit Mariah and caused her to stumble in mid air. The magician began his orb spell again to deliver the final blow.

Mariah, unwilling to give up, regained herself and looked at the wand.

?Okay. Let's see what this wand can do!? Mariah said as she prepared to attack.

Mariah pointed the wand at the crimson-robed magician in hopes of something happening. Sure enough, the green gem started to glow and shot a beam at the magician. The magician appeared to have his energy being drained as he crumbled to the ground.

?How...can this...be?? The magician moaned as he got weaker and weaker.

The energy absorbed from the magician healed Mariah. This time, the magician was greatly weakened, and Mariah was on the offensive. Just before Mariah could finish him, however, the magician created a crimson mirror from a fiery whirlwind.

?You haven't seen the last of the Magma Magicians!? The magician yelled as he pointed to Mariah. He then went into the mirror, and the mirror disappeared immediately after its creator entered it.

Mariah began to wonder about what just happened, but then she shook it off and headed to Mirror Mariah. ?You okay?? She asked as she knelt down next to her.

?Yeah. I'll be fine.? Mirror Mariah said as she looked at the wand. ?Wand, heal.?

The Pokeball began glowing for a second, and Mirror Mariah was suddenly as good as new.

Mariah was full of questions and now seemed to be the perfect time to let them all out. ?So, what was the deal with the wand? Why'd it suck up Treecko? And what has it to done to me??

?When a person reads the words on the left wing, stuff like that can happen. At least, that's what I've been hearing in the legends.? Mirror Mariah told Mariah. ?However, you're the first person to use the wand for a long time ever since it got damaged.?

?Damaged?? Mariah wondered.

?Yeah. Anyway, your Treecko's in the wand being healed.? Mirror Mariah continued. ?However, don't rely on its powers too much, or they won't be there when you really need 'em.?

Mariah sighed for a moment, and silence immediately followed for a few minutes. ?Will this thing help me get home?? Mariah asked, finally breaking the silence.

Mirror Mariah shook her head. ?First, you have to go to Ever Grande Cathedral to deal with stuff like that.? She then pointed at the large golden mirror in the corner. ?You can go through the Golden Gateway to get there.?

?All right!? Mariah said happily. The Brendan look-alike suddenly came back to her mind. ?But I wonder what happened???

?Hey, you coming or not?? Mirror Mariah called, breaking Mariah?s thoughts.

?I'm coming!? Mariah called back.

Before the two girls could get close to large gateway, something bizarre happened. The glass of the Golden Gateway suddenly turned black. After a pair of red eyes briefly shone through the large golden mirror, the glass shattered. The shards landed all over the floor and turned to stone, and eight of the shards suddenly transformed as they went in different directions. Afterwards, there was evil laughter that was much different from the Magma Magician?s heard that echoed throughout the shrine.

?Now what?? Mariah asked, obviously a little afraid.

Mirror Mariah sighed as she looked at the broken Golden Gateway.

?Looks like we've got some work to do, Mariah??

End of Chapter 1​

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    MARIAH'S POKEMON
    Treecko(M) LV6
    Trait: Overgrow
    Hardy Nature
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb

CURRENT ITEMS
    Mirror Wand
    Description: Gold and has a Pokeball on top, wings on the side of the ball, and six jewels (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple) on the top part of the Pokeball
    Ability: Enables Mariah to use the attacks of Pokemon she had captured, whether or not they have fainted. Also heals and transforms into a mirror.
    Obtained: Given to by the Mirror Guardian (Mirror Mariah) in Chapter 1

RECAP FROM LAST CHAPTER
    Ten-year-old Mariah Janvi from Littleroot Town was about to go on a Pokemon Journey. A while after receiving a Treecko from Professor Birch, however, a bizarre colorful vortex that had unexpectedly appeared on Route 102 had teleported the young girl and her Pokemon partner into the Hoenn Mirror World. After meeting the Mirror Guardian (who was also named Mariah) and Sorcerer Birch (after rescuing him from some Poochyena), Mariah and Treecko went to the Oldale Shrine. It was there where Mariah transformed with the power of the Mirror Guardian?s Mirror Wand and defeated a Magma Sorcerer. However, the Golden Gateway, the only way that Mariah could get back to her world, was somehow broken. Now, Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Treecko must fix it by finding the eight shards that escaped.

CHAPTER 2: The Millionaire Family
    After flying for a while to look for the lost shards, Mirror Mariah had sensed something out of the ordinary upon being over a large, white mansion. Mariah and Mirror Mariah landed at the front door, and Mariah began knocking.

?Hello?? Mariah called through the large, timber door as she knocked. After knocking again, she turned to Mirror Mariah. ?Are you sure this is where you sensed the Mirror Shard??

?Yeah...? Mirror Mariah responded.

Upon noticing that the door was unlocked by a sudden push, Mariah went inside. Mirror Mariah, worried that someone might catch her, went after her.

?Hello? Anyone here?? Mariah called out in hope for a response.

The only thing that was heard was the echo of Mariah's voice. Mariah sighed and went down the dimly lit hall when Mirror Mariah caught up to her.

?Uh, Mariah?? said Mirror Mariah feeling edgy about barging in. ?Perhaps we need to get out of here. I don?t think that the people who live here like it when someone comes in like we did. Let's look somewhere else for the Mirror Shards.?

?Well, you?re the one who sensed the shard here. We might have a better chance of finding it and the others if we ask some questions,? Mariah declared.

?Such as?? was Mirror Mariah?s response.

?Who are you?? an older female voice asked the two girls. ?And what are you doing here??

Both girls froze, and a shadow fell in front of them. As the figure came into the light, it was revealed to be a middle-aged woman. She had shoulder-length blond hair, cerulean eyes, and wore the traditional maid attire. She gave the girls stern looks.

?Uh...I'm really sorry to barge in, but my friend and I are in a tight spot.? Mariah apologized. ?You see, what happened was that I was going to start my Pokemon journey. Back in my world, mind you. And it would've happened if there was this light that led me to this world and...?

?We're just wondering if you've seen any Mirror Shards today,? Mirror Mariah finished.

?What are you talking about?? The maid asked in slight confusion.

?Well, one of the Magma Sorcerers somehow managed to break the Golden Gateway, and now Mariah here can't get back to her world,? Mirror Mariah explained.

?Hmmm... Sounds like quite a situation you have.? The maid began to lose her stern expression toward the two Mariahs. ?I'll talk to the master about this. In the meantime, have a look around. I'm sorry I was so suspicious of you two.?

?Oh, it's okay,? Mariah said glad to have things cleared up so quickly.

Mariah and Mirror Mariah headed a bit further down the hall and into the living room. The living room has three sofas against the wall, a large table in the middle of the room with a basket full of candy on it, and a large TV.

?Wow. Nice place,? said Mariah as she made herself comfortable on a sofa.

?Yep. You can't expect anything less from a place like the Petalburg Mansion,? Mirror Mariah agreed.

?Petalburg Mansion?? Mariah wondered.

A few minutes later, Mirror Mariah began to sleep on one of the sofas while Mariah watched a movie on TV. Little did they know that two red eyes (which were nothing the one that they saw before the Golden Gateway broke) were watching them...

***​

Later that day, Mariah was about to explore more of the Petalburg Mansion when she felt something scratch her in the face. Dazed, she looked around to see where the attack came from, and it was revealed to be a strange, black, crimson-eyed Torchic. The dark Chick Pokemon jumped toward Mariah to attack again, but Mariah got out of the way.

?Obviously, there's something up with this Torchic,? Mariah said to herself as she got out the Wand. ?I'd send out Treecko, but I don't have a clue about how this thing works! Where's that other me when you need her?!?

?There you are, you fake!? A normally colored Torchic cried as she spotted her dark counterpart.

The fake Torchic then ran away as Mirror Mariah and the maid arrived at the scene. Four other people appeared with them as well. One of them was a man with black hair and a brown jacket; another was a woman with brown hair, blue eyes, and a yellow dress. A girl with light brown hair and a red bandana was with them as well as a boy with bluish-black hair and glasses.

?What happened?? The maid exclaimed. ?I was telling Master Norman about what happened to the Golden Gateway when I heard noises in the hall.?

?Well, this black Torchic appeared from nowhere...? Mariah began.

?See, May?? the normal Torchic said to the girl with the red bandana. ?I know what I saw! There's a fake Torchic running around here!?

?Exactly where'd this other Torchic come from?? Mariah asked May?s Torchic after hearing the word ?fake?.

The Chick Pokemon shook her head. ?I don't know. One minute, there was this weird black smoke and the next...?

May, the girl with the red bandana, heard a strange whooshing noise. She quickly turns around to find where it came from. ?Huh...? What was that?? May asked in surprise.

?Uh, May? Something wrong?? the boy with glasses inquired May.

?No,? said May. ?It's nothing, Max.?

Max, the boy with glasses, noticed May?s worried expression. ?You look like you've just seen a ghost.?

?I have a feeling it?s something worse?? May moaned.

Just then, there was a crash outside.

?What??? Max yelled.

?What was that noise?? May asked in panic.

?I don?t know, but I suggest we find out what it is,? the man in the brown jacket named Norman replied.

Everyone headed outside to see the fake Torchic in a ruined flowerbed. Petals and stems were everywhere and covered with dirt. Torn roots was scattered, and there were holes at where the flowers once stood. The woman in the yellow dress almost began sobbing at this sight.

?My flowers...? she said sadly. ?My beautiful flowers...?
    The maid put her hand on the woman?s shoulder as an attempt to comfort the woman. ?I?m sorry, Caroline.?

Mariah couldn?t let a Pokemon ruin someone?s pride and joy. ?How do I get Treecko out of the wand??

?Say ?I call upon the Rainbow of the Mirror World? and then the color of the gem that absorbed Treecko.? Mirror Mariah told her.

?Okay.? Mariah said as she got the Wand ready. ?I'm gonna teach that Torchic a lesson.?

Mariah closed her eyes as she held the Mirror Wand close to her face. She then held it out at her arm?s length. ?I call upon the Rainbow of the Mirror World! Green!?

The gems on the wand began to shine, but the green gem shone the brightest. It then shoots out a bright light of that color that formed into Treecko.

?Whoa...what was that all about?? Treecko muttered as he felt that he was let out differently than what he was used to.

?Treecko, get that fake Torchic over there with your Pound attack!? Mariah commanded.

?Got it!? Treecko headed toward the black chick, jumped up and whacked her with his tail when he got close. The fake Torchic tumbled on the ground after receiving the impact of the attack. After her tumbling stopped, the fake Torchic got back up, closed her eyes and glowed.

?What's it doing?? Mariah wondered.

?That's Focus Energy!? Treecko pointed out.

?That's not good,? Mariah said knowing it might give the Torchic an advantage. ?Treecko, Leer attack!?

Treecko gave the fake Torchic an intimidating leer, causing her to lower her guard. However, Torchic regained her composure and scratched Treecko with her talons. Torchic came back for another attack, but Treecko uses Pound attack when it got close. The fake Torchic seemed to be down.

?I think it's over,? was Mariah?s response.

The fake Torchic then got back up but disappeared into a black mirror. In her place were five Pokeballs: one red, one orange, one yellow, one green, one blue, and one purple. The green Pokeball opened up, and Treecko transformed into a bright green light that was sucked into the wand. The six colored Pokeballs were then absorbed into the wand.

?I hope that's the last time we'll see that thing,? Mirror Mariah said with a sigh of relief. ?It?s too bad that there wasn?t a Mirror Shard like I sensed, though??

Norman then walked up to Mariah, who was still a bit surprised about what happened. ?So, you're saying that you're looking for the Mirror Shards of the Golden Gateway?? He asked.

?That's right,? Mariah confirmed.

?If I were you, I'd try the Rustboro Ruins,? Norman told her. ?There are usually a lot of treasures there, so maybe some of the shards might have ended up there.?

?Okay. Thanks,? Mariah said with a nod.

?I'd take you there.? Mirror Mariah responded.

Mirror Mariah closed her eyes and held out her hands. From out of the blue, light burst out, and a mirror with a rocky frame came into form.

?Now that's something else.? Mariah commented.

Right after the family wished Mariah and Mirror Mariah luck, the two headed into the mirror.

End of Chapter 2

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    MARIAH'S POKEMON
    Treecko(M) LV8
    Hardy Nature
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb

CURRENT ITEMS
    Mirror Wand
    Description: Gold and has a Pokeball on top, wings on the side of the ball, and six jewels (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple) on the top part of the Pokeball
    Ability: Enables Mariah to use the attacks of Pokemon she had captured, whether or not they have fainted. Also heals, transforms into a mirror and stores Mariah's Pokemon.

Rainbow Balls
    Description: Five Pokeballs with each having a color of the rainbow except green, which was used for Mariah's Treecko
    Ability: Captures Pokemon matching the color of the ball (ex. the Red Ball catches a red Pokemon; Orange catches an orange Pokemon, and so on)
    Obtained: Left by the fake Torchic in Chapter 2

RECAP FROM LAST CHAPTER
    Mariah and Mirror Mariah arrived at the beautiful Petalburg Mansion where they met Norman, his family, and the maid?as well as a mysterious black Torchic. After a battle with Mariah?s Treecko, the dark Chick Pokemon retreated and left five Pokeballs of a different color in her place. With the weird event behind them, Mariah and Mirror Mariah headed to Rustboro Ruins in hopes of finding the first shard.

CHAPTER 3: The First Shard

Mariah and Mirror Mariah have arrived at Rustboro Ruins to begin their search for the first Mirror Shard. Mariah has let her Treecko out so he could help search for the Shard as well.

The ruins were very large and very old, and it seemed that an ancient civilization has lived here and knew their way around this area of the Hoenn Mirror World very well.

However, Mariah had only one concern: fixing the Golden Gateway and going back to her world.

?All I ever wanted is to be a normal Pokemon trainer,? Mariah muttered. ?Instead, I?m taken to this weird world, end up meeting weird this look-alike of mine, and to top it all off, I?m running around finding pieces of glass in these weird clothes!?

?Surprise, Mariah,? said Mirror Mariah with slight sarcasm. ?You?re stuck here until the Golden Gateway?s fixed, and that?s not going to be done unless we do something about it. I had a feeling that I had to do the whole thing alone, but after I saw you handle that Magma Magician at the Oldale Shrine and that Torchic at the Petalburg Mansion, I?d thought you might be some help.?

?Just who do you think I am? A Magical Girl or something?? Mariah retorted. ?Look, I understand that this is a big problem, but don?t you think you could?ve asked me about all of this first??

?Did you think I was expecting a Magma Magician to break the Golden Gateway even though he wouldn?t be able to do such a thing?? Mirror Mariah angrily inquired.

?Hey! Girls!? Treecko yelled, trying to stop the fight between the two Mariahs. ?Can we argue AFTER this is over? I want to go home as much as Mariah, but we?re never gonna get anything done if we just yell at each other.?

Mariah and Mirror Mariah sighed knowing that Treecko was right.

?All right,? Mariah said before turning to the Mirror Guardian that looked like her. ?But as soon as we get the shards, I?m outta here!?

The Mirror Guardian sighed in disgust and said nothing more. The two Mariahs and the Grass-type Wood Gecko continued on?not knowing that something was slowly following them from a distance?

***​

At an upper outdoor area of the ruins, a yellow orb glowing with eerie black lighting was seen by a gray totem-like Pokemon with a large, burgundy nose. Wondering what it was, he headed there as fast as his short, rocky legs could carry him.

When the Rock-type Pokemon approached the source of the sparking glow, he couldn?t help but to be confused. He appeared to have recognized the symbol that the golden, broken diamond-shaped glass was made in but couldn?t understand why or how it ended up here.

All of a sudden, the black lightning crackled louder and wrapped itself around the Pokemon. The Pokemon cried in pain as he tried to shake off an evil feeling that the dark electricity emitted, but it became harder and harder for him to do so.

The Pokemon started to transform. He doubled in size, and his rocky gray skin began to fade into black. The large nose also became a shade of malicious red as well as eyes that usually appear closed. Long, sharp spikes grew out of his head and resembled a crown, and the transformation ended with the golden shard appearing on his forehead and glistening in black.

?Attack?? the Pokemon softly said in a dark tone.

***​

A bit further away was a woman whose dark-brown hair, which was in pigtails, swayed in the calm, soothing wind along with the pink ribbon on the back of her head. She appeared relaxed to the point of falling asleep when a sudden, pounding noise shattered the moment.

?What in the world was that?? she gasped.

The woman got up from the sitting position she once was and headed toward the source of the noise, which became louder as it came closer. The woman kept on running toward it until she couldn?t run anymore and collapsed on the rocky ground. As she tried to catch her breath, a large shadow fell upon her. The woman looked up toward where the shadow came from and couldn?t believe her eyes.

?N? Nosepass?? the woman said in a frightened and nearly choking voice. She could feel her body shaking as she looked up at the monster that was once her Pokemon. ?What happened to you? You?re enormous!?

The monster formally known as Nosepass stomped the ground with his mighty rounded foot, and a loud crash was followed by a short tremor. Before the blue-dressed woman could take any sort of action, she was surrounded and encased by enormous rocks that sprouted from the ground.

?Nosepass, what are you doing?? yelled the woman as she tried to resist the pain and tried to get out of the Rock Tomb. ?It's me! Roxanne! Please let me out!?

The Nosepass monster didn?t respond. Instead, he headed toward the rocks surrounding the woman named Roxanne and smashed his head into them. The rocks were smashed to smithereens and they fell to the ground along with a badly injured Roxanne who landed on her side as the monster left.

?Nose...pass...? Roxanne moaned as she reached out for the monster. ?What... happened... to you??

Roxanne took in a few short breaths as her eyelids slowly covered her ruby eyes.

?Why??? She said in physical and emotional pain.

***​

Meanwhile, the two Mariahs and Treecko continued through the old ruins in search of the Mirror Shard. That is, until something caught Mirror Mariah?s attention. Something that appeared to be ancient writing was inscribed on the wall.

?What?s up now?? Mariah wondered.

?Take a look at this?? Mirror Mariah replied.

Mariah and Treecko headed toward Mirror Mariah and saw some bizarre writing that was written in a similar fashion as the words that were on the Mirror Wand?s left wing.

Nrael ew, hcaet ew.

Srehto morf denrael evah ew tahw thguat evah ew dna, su erofeb emoc evah ohw esoht morf denrael evah ew.

Sklaw eno hcihw nopu htrae eht tsniaga gnilleber ekil si srewop reh dna reh tsniaga leber ot dna, sgniht eseht fo htob enod sah loohcS sreniarT eht fo rehcaet dna tneduts sronoh gnivol-kcor eht si ohw redlE rorriM eht.

?Okay?? Treecko said. ?I?m already beginning to have enough of these crazy word puzzles.?

?Want me to read it for you?? Mirror Mariah asked. However, she didn?t get the chance. Mariah began to have that same feeling like she had when she read the transformation phrase on the wand as she saw the writing.

??We teach, we learn?,? Mariah began. ? ?We have learned from those who have come before us, and we have taught what we have learned from others. The Mirror Elder who is known as the rock-loving honors student and teacher of the Trainers School has done both of these things, and to rebel against her and her powers is like rebelling against the earth upon which one walks?.?

?Wow,? a surprised Mirror Mariah responded. ?I never thought an outsider can read that as well as I do.?

?Uh?reading backwards is rather easy in our world. We just only do it for fun,? Mariah giggled in embarrassment.

?I thought you had some potential when you read the writing on the wand, but reading something more complex as this? I?d say that you?re...?

Mirror Mariah was suddenly cut off by a rock nearly striking her at her ankle. She backed off a bit when she, Mariah, and Treecko saw a figure sitting on one of the broken down statues.

?Who the heck are the three of you?? the voice of a girl asked rather rudely.

After a moment of silence, a dark-skinned girl with tattered clothes jumped down from the aged sculpture and landed right in front of the three.

?I?ll ask again,? the girl, who appeared twelve, said as she glared at the three. ?Who are you??

?Looks like someone has been living here too long,? Mariah muttered. She took a look at the odd-looking girl?s orange helmet with a Pokeball at the front and a pink tassel on the top of it. The torn orange shirt, navy blue pants with a pink cloth that patched an obvious hole, and worn red and gray shoes further proved to Mariah that she probably isn?t civilized.

?Very funny, girlie,? the girl snapped.

?Can you tell us something?? Treecko asked, trying to prevent a fight between Mariah and the seemingly primitive girl. ?We're looking for??

The girl then pointed her finger right at the three in anger. ?You have some nerve showing your face here!? she yelled.

?You don't understand,? Treecko peacefully told the girl. ?You see...?

?Shut up!? was the wild girl?s response. ?Trespassers aren't allowed here! Rustboro Ruins is a sacred area to Rock-type Pokemon, and I won't allow you to get through the ruins without fighting me!? She then balled her hands into fists.

?Uh...listen, kid. We don't want any trouble,? Mirror Mariah said with a ?hold on there!? expression.

The girl slammed her fist into her hand. ?Too bad! You should've thought about that when you walked in here!?

Mirror Mariah stepped up in an attempt to calm the girl down. ?I'm the Mirror Guardian! Do you THINK I'd wanna cause trouble??

The girl quieted down a bit after hearing this. She was surprised that Mirror Mariah was the latest Mirror Guardian, and apparently thought that picking a fight with someone from the line of Mirror Guardians would be a waste of time because she felt that she would be beaten without doubt.

?Okay. I understand,? the presumably rough girl realized. ?I wouldn't want you to waste your powers on someone like me.?

She then pointed at Mariah. ?However, the look alike is another story!?

?What?? Mariah yelled in surprise.

?There's something I don't like about you!? the girl flared up. ?If you think about getting any further in these parts, you have to beat me!?

Mariah obviously wanted to reject the challenge, but the girl?s attitude showed that she was expecting otherwise.

?Bring it on, unless you're scared. But then again, it's natural to be scared around the great Connie, rock hard fighter extraordinaire.?

Now it was Mariah?s turn to be infuriated. ?Okay! That's it, you little brat! You're gonna get it!?

Mirror Mariah and tried to hold Mariah back, but Mariah shook her off.

?You're gonna be sorry that you've messed with me!? the angry Mariah shouted as she got ready to fight.

?I believe that's MY line,? the wild girl named Connie haughtily countered.

Connie made the first move by throwing her fist at Mariah at full force, but Mariah took to the air to avoid it, causing Connie to punch the wall. The resulting punch left several small cracks as well as a small hole formed from Connie?s fist.

?Wow. She's tough,? Mariah said to herself. She realized that Connie wouldn?t give herself a title called ?rock hard fighter extraordinaire? if she was a pushover.

Mariah swooped down toward Connie to dive-bomb her, but Connie swiftly got out of the way when Mariah was close to her and made her crash. Mariah moaned in pain as she slowly got up, but then freaked out when a boulder was heading her way. She barely dodged by flying toward the ceiling before springing off with her feet in Connie?s direction again. However, Connie was prepared. When Mariah was close, she grabbed Mariah's arm, and Mariah struggled to break free.

?Say good-bye, girlie!? Connie said as she began to toss Mariah.

At the last second, however, Mariah grabbed Connie's arm as she hit the ground feet first. She then pulled Connie, making her fall. Connie, stunned by Mariah?s maneuver, got up and headed to Mariah to punch her. Mariah suddenly felt a sharp blow on her cheek and ended up stumbling in midair. After a rough landing, she regained herself and flew towards Connie again. She then got behind Connie and grabbed her around the waist before taking Connie over ten feet in the air.

?Time to end this!? Mariah yelled.

?Don?t think you?ll beat me by doing THAT!? Connie replied angrily.

As Mariah continued her descent, Connie balled her fists and slammed them on Mariah?s arms. Mariah then yelled in pain as she and Connie began to plummet toward the ground.

Just when the two girls were about to meet their demise, Mirror Mariah flew up and caught Mariah and Connie. As soon as she landed back on the ground, Mariah and Connie glared at each other.

?Do you want to go back to your world or not?? Mirror Mariah demanded.

Mariah and Connie then sat down, glared at each other, and turned away. Mirror Mariah rolled her eyes at this. Just then, a blue rock with worm-like legs and a head slowly crawled past the three girls and Pokemon.

?Uh?what's that?? Mariah wondered upon seeing it.

?That's a Shuckle,? Mirror Mariah informed her ?twin?. ?It usually hides in its shell to eat berries it stores.?

?So, I guess there are normal Pokemon in this crazy mirror world,? Mariah sighed in relief.

The Shuckle yawned and began fall asleep, but he got a rude awakening from a sudden earthquake.

?What was that?? Mirror Mariah said as she looked around for the source of the noise.

There was another earthquake a few seconds later. Giant footsteps grew closer and louder, causing more earthquakes. Mariah, Mirror Mariah, Treecko and Connie got ready for the possibility of a fight, but Shuckle didn't appear too troubled. The cause of the earthquakes, the giant Nosepass monster, has revealed himself.

?Attack!? the stone beast bellowed.

?A monster?? Mariah yelled in slight panic.

Connie, however, didn?t seem too intimidated. Instead, she appeared to have known the monster. ?Is that? Roxanne?s Nosepass?? she said to herself.

?Nosepass!? Shuckle happily cried, appearing familiar with the former Nosepass as well. He crawled toward the Nosepass as quickly as he could, ignoring his slowness because of his pulling his shell with his worm-like forelegs.

?What's the Shuckle doing?? Treecko asked in shock.

The monster didn?t wait. He raised his foot and slammed it on the ground. After a brief earthquake, rocks spewed from the ground and suddenly trapped the shelled Pokemon. The cerulean Mold Pokemon couldn't escape from the Nosepass?s attack.

?Nosepass! What are ya doin'?? the Shuckle called out, thinking that he done something wrong. ?Doncha recognize your old pal??

Mariah and Treecko then stepped up. ?Hey, leave the Shuckle alone!? Mariah shouted at the Nosepass beast. ?You've just made a big mistake picking on your own friends!?

The rocky fiend turned his attention to Mariah. ?Who dares oppose King Nosepass?? he asked.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Mariah got out the Mirror Wand. ?I am the reflection of justice and the twin of truth, and I shall eliminate the illusion of evil! My name is Mariah, the magical Hoenn Mirror Girl!?

Treecko, Mirror Mariah, and Connie had odd expressions on their faces after hearing Mariah?s speech.

?I...don't have a clue about what you just said,? Connie finally said.

Mariah then hit the ground in sheer annoyance. ?Hey, I was on the spot here, and I?m guessing YOU have something better for an entrance speech!?

Before Connie and Mariah could start another argument, a stalactite from the ceiling headed for Shuckle. Mirror Mariah got into the path of the rock and created a glass like shield, but the tip of the needle-shaped rock punctured it. Mirror Mariah barely dodged by jumping out of the way before the rock smashed her. Due to a premature landing, however, she stumbled?right into the monster known as King Nosepass. The Mirror Guardian suddenly realized this when she turned around after feeling the tip of his large namesake nose. She also noticed a golden piece of glass embedded on his forehead.

?A Mirror Shard?? she said to herself.

?Hey! Get out of there!? came the voice of Mariah.

King Nosepass was getting ready to ram into Mirror Mariah when she flew out of the way.

?That was close!? The Mirror Guardian said, nearly out of breath. She then landed near Mariah, Connie and Treecko who were trying their best to get Shuckle out of the tomb of rocks.

The three were pulling with all their might, but they failed to free the trapped Shuckle. Even when Mirror Mariah joined in, it wasn?t enough.

?Geez,? Connie whined. ?Rocks that even I can?t break? That?s not even possible!?

Mariah then remembered about the strange colorful Pokeballs that the Torchic left behind. She began to ask Mirror Mariah how to make them appear when all of a sudden?

?Blue? Pokeball? Appear?!? Mariah found herself saying.

Within seconds after saying that, a blinding sapphire flash filled the area. It quickly died down, and in its place was the blue Pokeball. It then landed in Mariah?s hand, and Mariah just stared at it for a few seconds. Mirror Mariah, Treecko, Connie, and the injured Shuckle were surprised at this.

?How did you know??? Mirror Mariah began.

Mariah just ignored the question. ?Rainbow Ball, go!?

The unintentionally self-proclaimed Hoenn Mirror Girl tossed the bright blue Pokeball at the trapped Shuckle. One the ball has made contact with his shell, Shuckle transformed into a sapphire light that was absorbed into the ball. Once the Pokeball closed and landed, it began to wiggle and glow a glossy blue color for a few seconds.

Unfortunately for the group, King Nosepass used the opportunity to attack. This time, it used its rocky arms to punch a nearby boulder. The large stone shattered into several rocks that were headed for the wobbling Pokeball.

?COME ON!? Mariah yelled in anxiety.

A few seconds later, the ball stopped wiggling and was pulled into the wand just in time to avoid being smashed by the rocks.

?Whew?? Mariah sighed in relief. ?That was way too close.?

Unfortunately, Mariah chose a bad time to relax. Several large rocks were heading for the group.

?Incoming!? Treecko yelled.

?Don?t think that a few rocks will stop me!? Connie jumped up and managed to destroy all of the rocks with punches and kicks. She then landed back on the ground and headed for King Nosepass.

In spite of this, the monster was prepared. He bent down forward and began shooting his rocky needles towards Connie. The self-declared rock hard fighter extraordinaire managed to dodge them all, but she didn?t expect a second flurry of the sharp rocks heading toward her so suddenly. Before she knew it, she received heavy hits.

?Connie!? Mariah shouted.

?Dleihs! Cigam Rorrim Enots!? a voice suddenly cried out.

King Nosepass?s attack was suddenly cut off by a huge stone wall that faded into view. Everyone was amazed by this and wondered who or what could have caused this. Just then, the young woman named Roxanne was seen limping from intense pain toward Mariah and the others.

?Is...anyone...hurt?? she asked as she made a slight moan.

?Not at all, miss,? Mariah said.

?Rox!? Connie cried as she ran up to Roxanne. She was ignoring her pain as well. ?Are you okay? What the heck happened to you!?

?Nosepass?? Roxanne softly said.

Mirror Mariah then put Roxanne in a sitting position. ?You look like you just had a bad beating. You?d better take it easy.?

The loud pounding noises of King Nosepass trying to destroy the wall were suddenly heard, causing everyone to worry, especially Roxanne.

?Hurry!? Roxanne told the girls and Treecko. ?My magic won?t last much longer!?

?It was YOU who made that wall!? Treecko exclaimed.

Connie folded her arms after hearing Treecko?s response. ?Well, what do you expect from the Rustboro Ruins Mirror Elder??

The Mariahs and Treecko were dumbfounded by this. ?Rustboro Ruins Mirror Elder??

?Yes,? Roxanne said with occasional whimpers of pain. ?My name is Roxanne, and I?m the Mirror Elder of Rustboro Ruins.?

?No offense or anything, but I always thought that Mirror Elders aren?t supposed to be beaten up so easily,? Mirror Mariah stated.

Connie was a bit angered by the remark and slapped Mirror Mariah in the face. ?So Roxanne is a creampuff and isn?t as strong as the average Mirror Elder. She still knows a few tricks under her sleeve that managed to help her more than once! If she was as good as a fighter as me, though, Roxanne would wipe the floor with anyone!?

Roxanne let out an embarrassed giggle. ?Uh?thank you, Connie? I think.?

Mirror Mariah was rubbing her cheek which was stinging from Connie?s powerful slap when the wall that Roxanne made shattered. King Nosepass managed to break Roxanne?s barrier and has his aim right at her to shoot the rock needles.

All of a sudden, Mariah began to glow a bright blue color. For a few seconds, she felt a new energy going through her. It was similar to the feeling that she had when she used Treecko?s Absorb attack at the Oldale Shrine, but instead of gaining energy from her current enemy, she felt a very small amount parting from her. After a brief moment of blankness, Mariah flew in front of Roxanne.

?What are you doing?? Roxanne shouted.

?That thing is going to beat the stuffing out of you!? Treecko yelled.

?I know what I?m doing,? Mariah assured.

The rock-like needles were fired from King Nosepass?s head. Mirror Mariah and Roxanne were more worried than Connie and Treecko since they were too weak to make any more shields, so Mariah appeared wide open?that is, until they say that Mariah vanished once the Nosepass-like brute?s assault made contact with her.

It appeared that the Mariah that was attacked was a fake. The real Mariah aimed her wand at her target as she flew above it. A sapphire light was shot out from the blue gem on the wand, and King Nosepass was suddenly constricted by a stream of light. Mariah then landed on the ground, but that proved to be a mistake. King Nosepass managed to stomp the ground again, and after a small earthquake, Mariah was encased by rocks.

Roxanne has had enough of this. ?Nosepass! Stop!?

Just then, King Nosepass froze. He appeared to be in pain as he started moaning softly. The monstrous Compass Pokemon began shake his body very hard as if he was trying to getting something out of his head. This went on for a few seconds and confused everyone, including Roxanne.

?Nosepass?? Roxanne wondered about her former Pokemon?s condition. She then became concerned. ?What?s happening to you??

Meanwhile, Mariah was almost unable to move in her rocky prison. Her arms and legs began to ache, and she was running out of oxygen rather quickly.

?Okay, Mariah,? the Hoenn Mirror Girl told herself. ?You?ve gotta get outta these rocks?? She then tried to knock the boulders over by kicking them, but the stones were too strong. She was getting frustrated by this.

?Oh, man! Do something!?

Mariah didn?t want to die this early in her mission to get out of this world, but King Nosepass appeared to be almost untouchable. She then noticed that she was still holding the Mirror Wand.

?This just has to work,? Mariah whispered. She raised the Wand as high as she could and shuts her eyes. ?Wand, get rid of the rocks!?

Within an instant, the wand glowed a bright rainbow color, and the rocks were suddenly blown away and sent back to constricted King Nosepass. The shower of pebbles took the Nosepass monster by surprise, but he didn't seem too injured by this. He then looked ahead to see a heavily breathing Mariah with one hand and knee one the ground.

?This? must? end!? King Nosepass then broke free from his shining bindings and slammed his whole body into the ground. The huge force sent rocks flying all over the place, and some even hit Mariah.

Mariah managed to fly safely back to Mirror Mariah and the others.

?Treecko! I?m gonna need your help in this!? Mariah told her Pokemon.

?What do you intend to do?? the Rustboro Ruins Mirror Elder asked.

?I?m going to figure out a way to beat that overgrown Nosepass!? Mariah stated firmly.

?What?? Connie began to get up and balled her hands into fists. ?If anyone?s gonna beat that thing it me!? Connie stepped forward but cried out and collapsed.

?You?re staying put, Connie,? Mirror Mariah declared as she seated the injured Connie by Roxanne. ?You?re in pretty bad shape to be fighting.?

King Nosepass started off by using his huge and rocky body to tackle the Hoenn Mirror Girl and her Pokemon, but Mariah took Treecko and took flight to dodge. Once Mariah was high-enough, the ten-year-old Magical Mirror Girl tossed the Wood Gecko Grass-type toward the giant Compass Pokemon. When he was a few feet away, Treecko curled up his body and used his tail to hit Nosepass as hard as he could. Despite the power Treecko mustered, King Nosepass shook off the attack. The Pound attack seemed to be a distraction; once Treecko landed he opened his mouth as his eyes began to glow. Suddenly, King Nosepass felt his energy leaving him, but once almost half of his energy was gone, he broke free from the attack.

Although Treecko had a good amount of King Nosepass?s energy, it didn?t seem to be enough to do any major damage.

?What's with this thing?? Treecko complained. ?It doesn't even flinch!?

?You're telling me,? Mariah agreed.

King Nosepass charged toward both Mariah and Treecko, and both of them went a good distance away once he got into a position to tackle them. He then raised up his huge foot again to prepare for another Rock Tomb to trap the two, but Treecko dodged at top speed while Mariah flew away just in time to avoid being encased by the rocks that resulted from the short but powerful earthquake. Mariah tried to attack from one direction while Treecko attacked from another, but King Nosepass became encased with a strange crystal that made Mariah and Treecko's attacks almost ineffective.

?That thing knows Harden too,? said Treecko as he was breathing hard. ?I don't know if we can go on anymore.?

?Treecko, I have an idea,? Mariah said between breaths.

Mariah whispered to Treecko. After hearing the plan, Treecko nodded and headed toward King Nosepass. The giant evil Nosepass bashed his head into a bunch of rocks to stop the Wood Gecko, but all of them were dodged. He then leered at King Nosepass to lower his guard while Mariah turned to Mirror Mariah.

?Is there anything else the Mirror Wand can do besides making use Pokemon attacks?? Mariah inquired.

?There's this attack called Mirror Beam,? Mirror Mariah replied.

Mariah then nodded and quickly turned to Treecko, who was just on the receiving end of King Nosepass?s rocky head needles. Treecko was knocked on the ground and skidded for a short time but managed to get back up. He then noticed the black totem Pokemon heading toward him.

?Mariah! Now!? the Treecko called out.

Mariah flew high above King Nosepass. She then held the Mirror Wand into the air, and the gems began to sparkle. A glittery light suddenly surrounded the Hoenn Mirror Girl as she began to twirl. The light was then absorbed into the Mirror Wand before it was aimed at King Nosepass.

?Mirror Beam!?

The gems on the Wand then shot out colorful beams at King Nosepass. Once the beams hit him, he was completely immobilized by swirling lights. The large Nosepass monster was covered with these rainbow lights for a few seconds before they vanished. In place of the lights was a normal Nosepass.

?What happened?? the Compass Pokemon asked as he looked around. ?Where am I??

Roxanne was relieved. She got up and quickly limped toward her Pokemon. The injuries that she received from her Pokemon were still stinging her, but she didn?t care.

?Nosepass!? she cried happily.

Mariah landed and wiped the sweat from her forehead. ?Whew. I thought it was never gonna end.? She then looked at the Wand and recalled capturing Shuckle and using his Constrict and Substitute attacks?like she?s been using them all of her life.

?What?s happening to me?? Mariah asked herself. She then shook her head hard. ?Just what in the world is going on??

The golden glass suddenly transformed into a normal mirror shard and floated toward Mirror Mariah.

?All right!? the Mirror Guardian cried happily.

The mirror shard suddenly disappeared.

?Huh? Where'd it go?? asked a confused Mariah.

?Back to the Oldale Shrine,? responded Mirror Mariah with a smile.

Mariah sighed in relief. ?Well, at least this time we didn?t come here for nothing.? She then noticed Roxanne, who had just collapsed right in front of her Nosepass. Mariah headed towards her.

?Okay?? Mariah said to herself as she got the Wand ready. ?Wand, heal Roxanne.?

The Pokeball began glowing for a second. The glow then connected to Roxanne, and the Rustboro Ruins Mirror Elder was rid of her injuries.

?I can't thank you enough,? said Roxanne as she tried to hold back her tears of happiness.

?Uh?no problem,? replied Mariah in an embarrassed tone.

?Same here,? Treecko agreed with a nod.

Mariah then headed to Connie to heal her as well.

?Hey...uh...? Connie began.

?If it's about another fight, it'll have to wait until after I?m done healing you,? Mariah muttered.

Connie shook her head. ?No. No. I'm wondering if I could come along with you.?

?Huh? What do you mean by that?? suspected Mariah, feeling that she?ll end up as Connie?s sparring partner.

Connie let out a brief laugh. ?I didn?t get to go all out as I wanted, but if I come along with you and something like this happens again, I?d finally get to show you how powerful I am. Why don't you admit that you need my raw power??

?Thanks, but no thanks,? Mariah replied.

?Connie would probably invite herself, so it won?t matter if you say that she can?t or not,? Roxanne laughed.

Mariah, feeling defeated, just recalled Treecko back into the wand and said nothing more as Mirror Mariah made another mirror appear. This Mirror Portal had a similar rocky frame as the one that led them to Rustboro Ruins, but the rocks were a mixture of blue and orange to match the tidal waves on the sides.

Mirror Mariah got with Mariah and Connie. ?This mirror will lead us wherever the next Mirror Shard could be, so let's get going.?

Mirror Mariah, Mariah, and Connie went into the Mirror Portal, and it disappeared as soon as the last person went through. Roxanne and Nosepass walked off relieved that their problems are over.

However, the battle was not unwatched?

?I knew it. That force I felt? It?s attacking this world as well.?

End of Chapter 3

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    Sorry for only reviewing now!

Heres my review

Good Things
    Battle Scenes
    Videogame Style
    Description/Detail
    Length
    Originality
    Style

Bad Things
    Wand is rather powerful
    The plot is kinda weird

Im glad that you wrote this in normal format because I HATE script format. Overall you fic is very good! The writing itself is amazing the only thing I have against it is that I find the whole magical harry potter plot to be sorta weird, but its still cool and orignal. The thing I like best is that this fic is like a video game and Nosepass was like the Boss of a level

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    IceKing said:
    Sorry for only reviewing now!

Heres my review

Good Things
    Battle Scenes
    Videogame Style
    Description/Detail
    Length
    Originality
    Style

Bad Things
    Wand is rather powerful
    The plot is kinda weird

Im glad that you wrote this in normal format because I HATE script format. Overall you fic is very good! The writing itself is amazing the only thing I have against it is that I find the whole magical harry potter plot to be sorta weird, but its still cool and orignal. The thing I like best is that this fic is like a video game and Nosepass was like the Boss of a level
    Thanks for the review.

I never felt the the Mirror Wand was too powerful, but I suppose I can tone it down a bit.

As for the plot, I was sorta going for a Magical Girl thing, but only a few people caught on to that. :nervous:

As for the video game style... I wasn't really expecting that, but since this fic DOES have some elements from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, I guess I really can't say much about that.

Hopefully, I get done with chapter four ASAP. ;)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Review for Chapter One~ =3

Well, I didn't feel enough tone, enough voice in your story. It almost felt like reading script format again. =/ And also some akward tense switching throughout the story. More description would be nice also. xD

Personally, I preferred it when you wrote it in script format. xD; But add more tone to the story, and it'll do way~~~ better. =)

Very creative idea, like I said in the original. n_n Feels like a cutsy magical girl genre. You have all the requirements in your story for the genre, so it's really, really nice. =)
    I feel that you have the potential to write a very, very, uber super fanfiction, keep it up. ;D

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Wow. A good review and a semi-bad review. Well, let's see how chapter 4 fares.

MARIAH'S POKEMON
    Treecko(M) LV13
    Hardy Nature
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

Shuckle(M) LV13
    Trait: Sturdy
    Relaxed Nature
    -Constrict
    -Withdraw
    -Wrap
    -Substitute

CURRENT ITEMS
    Mirror Wand
    Ability: Enables Mariah to use the attacks of Pokemon she had captured, whether or not they have fainted. Also heals, transforms into a mirror and stores Mariah's Pokemon.
    Attacks: Mirror Beam

Rainbow Balls
    Description: Five Pokeballs with each having a color of the rainbow except green, which was used for Mariah's Treecko
    Ability: Captures Pokemon matching the color of the ball (ex. the Red Ball catches a red Pokemon, orange catches orange Pokemon, and so on)

RECAP FROM LAST CHAPTER
    Mariah and Mirror Mariah arrived in Rustboro Ruins where they met Connie, a wild girl who called herself ?rock hard fighter extraordinaire?. After a fight between Mariah and Connie, an enormous monster known as King Nosepass appeared and went on a rampage. During the battle, Mariah unwittingly captured an endangered Shuckle, and Roxanne, the Mirror Elder of Rustboro Ruins, managed to help out the girls. Eventually, Mariah and Treecko managed to defeat King Nosepass which revealed himself to be Roxanne?s Pokemon under the possession of a mysterious force. Now with Connie on the team, Mariah and Mirror Mariah head off to find the next shard.

***​

CHAPTER 4: Going All Out

I can?t let this go on.

A young girl glided through the air at a very swift pace with her black hair, spiked ball barrettes, and bat-like wings trailing behind her. The wind beat against her dark red sleeveless shirt and gray skirt as she flew through the sky, and her black high-heeled shoes set off a soft gleam. Thoughts raced in her mind.

It must be stopped.

She noticed that she was quickly approaching a small, lone island and began her descent.

I can?t let this world suffer like mine did.

As soon as she landed on the island, the mysterious girl took cover behind a nearby bush between a few palm trees. From there, she watched as several people with surfboards headed toward the beach area. One particular person in the distance caught her attention.

?Okay, Makuhita!? a young man yelled. ?Let?s take off!?

With a flash of the man?s Pokeball, a plump, yellow Pokemon came into form and landed on a surfboard smaller than the one of his trainer?s. As soon as the man and his Pokemon were in the water, they both laid flat on their boards and paddled themselves until a large wave came into view.

?All right, Maku,? the man said with determination. ?Let?s go for it!?
    ?Ready to hang ten when you are, buddy!? the Makuhita?s responded, just as determined.

When the wave was right above them, they went into a standing position. It wasn?t long before the man and his Makuhita rode the wave on their surfboards.

The mysterious girl who watched this was appalled by the man and his Pokemon?s carefree attitudes. ?How can he be happily surfing when this world is slowly falling apart?!?

The girl?s disgust suddenly left her when she saw a bizarre, bluish light heading for the Fighting-type Guts Pokemon.

?Oh, no,? the girl fearfully moaned as she watched this. ?Not again??

The strange light grabbed the attention of the yellow sumo Pokemon. The light came closer and closer to him, and Makuhita began to become interested and mystified by it. A weird power emitted from the light, and Makuhita became incapable and unexpectedly reluctant to break free from a temptation to gain that power.

I know your true desires. I can make them come true.

Makuhita cut off everything in his surroundings except for the glow that he couldn?t turn away from.

?Hey! Focus, Maku!? Makuhita?s trainer told his Pokemon.

The Guts Pokemon didn?t listen. He appeared to be too interested in the strange power within the light?which suddenly went into his body. Makuhita began to feel woozy, and his trainer watched in surprise as his Pokemon fell off his surfboard.

?Makuhita!?

Without wasting any time, the light blue-haired man dove into the water to save his partner and friend. However, just when he was within range of his Pokemon, something unexpected happened.

A blue, boxing glove-shaped symbol with an orange circle at the bottom formed on the Pokemon?s forehead. Eerie lights swirled around Makuhita until a shining cocoon-like object was in his place and began to increase in size.

?What?s? going on?!? the man asked in surprise and fear.

Finally, the cocoon burst, and the man laid his eyes on a large gray robot. The Makuhita-like android?s eyes flashed a bright green as he appeared to be scanning the blue-haired surfer. Once the scan was completed, he aimed his fists at his former trainer.

?Makuhita, what?s--?

The man was immediately cut off when he saw four large missiles that launched from the robot?s fists were heading straight toward him. Suddenly, there was a black flash?

***​

A few hours later, the man awakened and found himself back on the beach. He sat up and looked around as he rubbed his head.

?H? how?d did I get here?? he asked.

?Are you okay, Brawly?? the strange black-haired girl inquired as she approached him with his clothes and shoes.

?Yeah,? the man named Brawly responded. His eyes widened in surprise at the mention of his name by the ?evil? girl. ?Hey! How?d you know my name, babe?! And how?d you managed to find my clothes?!?

The girl didn?t answer. She just murmured something to herself.

?Oookay?? said Brawly as he put on his light blue pants over his orange swim trunks. He put on his shoes after that but took a brief pause when he noticed the spacey expression of the girl.

?Is there?s something wrong?? the surfer asked as he resumed putting on his grayish-brown and orange shoes.

The girl still didn?t respond. She just stood up and looked at the sky.

?You know if there?s something wrong, I might be able to help you out, babe,? Brawly told the spacey girl as he put on his orange shirt. ?I promise I won?t bite.?

The girl suddenly noticed something shining in the sky. At first, she felt that it might be related to a ?strange force?. After the light died down, however, a mirror that was similar to the Golden Gateway except for a smaller size came into form. The mysterious girl became even more surprised as she saw the mirror floating toward them and Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie came out of it. Upon laying eyes on the girl, Mariah nearly screamed. Brawly, on the other hand, became confused that Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and the shadowy girl almost looked just like each other. A moment of silence passed until the light blue-haired surfer got up on his feet.

?Are the three of you sisters or something?? he finally asked.

The eerily-attired Mariah tilted her head in puzzlement, Mirror Mariah looked somewhat uncomfortable, and Mariah, completely annoyed at the question, hit the ground.

?I never saw this freak in my life!? Mariah almost yelled as she pointed at her ?dark? counterpart. She turned to Mirror Mariah in hopes of finding out who the girl was, but the Hoenn Mirror Guardian put both of her hands behind her back and bashfully took a few steps back.

?What?s your problem?? Mariah questioned harshly.

?Nothing,? Mirror Mariah slightly giggled in embarrassment. She took a few more steps back and hoped that someone would change the subject. ?I have absolutely no clue who she is.?

?I don?t see what so funny about this,? the shadowy Mariah responded with slight irritation. ?Why is there another girl who looks like me??

Mariah, now feeling suspicious of what Mirror Mariah said, turned to her. ?Are you sure that you don?t know her??

Mirror Mariah just put her hand behind her head and laughed very embarrassedly while Mariah rolled her eyes in annoyance of her doppelganger?s words.

?I just hope that Maku?s okay?? Brawly sighed as he wondered what became of his Pokemon.

?Maku?? Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie all asked.

?Yeah,? Brawly replied. ?Something weird has happened to my Makuhita while we were surfing.?

?I think I know what it was,? said the sinister-looking Mariah. All eyes immediately went to her, but Mirror Mariah slightly blushed at this.

?One way or another, an evil force managed to invade this Mirror Hoenn,? the dark Mariah told the group. ?It happened a few days ago??

[flashback]

In a place similar to the room of mirrors where Mariah first met Mirror Mariah but much darker and more rusted, the shadowy Mariah appeared to be looking for something.

?Come out!? the girl cried out. ?Where are you? Show yourself!?

All of a sudden, black lightning filled the room. Shadow Mariah knew that this wasn?t normal at all. She noticed that the bizarre bolts of electricity were heading toward her and evaded the blast. She eventually ended up in front of the source of the dark lightning: a large black sphere that continuously crackled with dark energy.

A dark version of Mariah?s Mirror Wand appeared in the evil-looking Mariah?s hand. The shadowy Mariah look-alike concentrated her energy as she took aim at the sphere.

?Shadow Beam!?

A bright red beam was fired from the crimson gems on the Pokeball part of the wand. It headed straight for the sphere, but the attack was negated by dark energy.

Shadow Mariah glared at the sphere angrily, unwilling to give up. She decided on another tactic to attack.

?I call upon the darkness of the Mirror World! Torchic!?

A black flash shot from one of the crimson gems and formed into the black Chick Pokemon. The two watched as the malicious sphere formed into large bird-like monster.

?Do you really think that a weak, defenseless Torchic that you had to rescue can stop me?!? the monster laughed at the mysterious girl and her Torchic.

?You distract it,? the ?evil? Mariah told her Pokemon. ?I?ll attack after that.?

The Torchic nodded at her trainer?s command. She ran toward the large bird but was suddenly stopped when the black lightning struck her and managed to knock her out cold.

?Torchic!? Shadow Mariah cried.

Suddenly, a mirror that resembled the Golden Gateway except black in color with bat wings appeared, and the unconscious Torchic was blown into it by a black gust of wind. Shadow Mariah flew toward the mirror as quickly as she could, but the mirror vanished.

?This is just the beginning?? said the bird monster. ?You might have defeated one of my monsters earlier and saved that pathetic Torchic of yours, but this time, you can?t do anything about it! Not only will the Mirror Worlds be completely annihilated, but also all of Hoenn?s Light and Shadow Universes! Even if you are the Shadow Mirror Guardian, there?ll be nothing you can do!!?

The Shadow Mirror Guardian watched as the bird monster faded away. She wondered about what just happened?

[end flashback]

?When I saw a bizarre glow in the water early and noticed that Brawly was in trouble, I felt something similar to that monster?s power,? Shadow Mariah continued. ?Luckily, I was able to save Brawly before that monster?s attack--?

?You?re the guardian of the Shadow Mirror World?!? Mirror Mariah interrupted.

?That?s right, unfortunately,? said Shadow Mariah with some sadness. She didn?t appear to care that she was cut off.

?Uh? I?m just wondering,? Mirror Mariah whispered to Shadow Mariah. ?Would your Torchic be the same one that battled my Mudkip? Or is it the same Torchic that somehow ended up in Caroline?s flower bed at Petalburg Mansion??

Mariah overheard the Mirror Guardian?s question and folded her arms. ?Battled? That?s funny. You said you didn?t know her.?

Mirror Mariah froze at hearing Mariah?s voice and began stuttering under her breath, obviously thinking how to cover up. However, when she turned to see the Hoenn Mirror Girl?s expression, she knew that she was unable to continue telling her stories. Finally, she sighed in defeat.

?Okay. You?ve got me.?

[flashback]

Mirror Mariah and her Mudkip slept under a tree in the middle of a forest when they?ve got a rude awakening by tiny fire pellets. The two of them got knocked on their sides and suddenly saw the black Torchic with a broken Mirror Wand beside her.

?What the??? the surprised Mirror Guardian yelped.

The dark Torchic leaped toward the Mud Fish and raised up one of her talons to scratch her opponent, but Mudkip jumped over the ?evil? Fire-type Chick.

?I think this thing wants to battle!? Mudkip pointed out after observing the aggressive nature of the Fire-type Chick.

?Well, let?s give it one, Mudkip!? responded Mirror Mariah. ?Tackle attack!?

Mudkip reared back a little and began running toward his shadowy opponent. Once the Water-type Mud Fish was within attack range, however, the Torchic hopped out of the way. The Mudkip doubled back and headed toward the Torchic again, but instead of dodging out of the way, the Torchic managed to deliver a Scratch attack from a kicking motion. Mudkip ended up stumbling backwards a little.

?No way!? exclaimed a shocked Mirror Mariah.

?Ugh? this thing is tough,? the Mud Fish Pokemon moaned, just as bewildered.

?Mud Slap attack!? commanded Mirror Mariah.

Mudkip nodded and turned around so his back legs faced the Torchic. He started to kick up mud in the Torchic?s face, and the Chick Pokemon ended up receiving heavy damage. The Torchic shook off the mud off her face before breathing in deeply and firing a barrage of fire-like pellets out of her beak. Despite being resistant to Fire-type attacks, Mirror Mariah?s Mudkip received a serious burn on his leg. Mudkip struggled to keep going but collapsed on his stomach.

?Mudkip!? Mirror Mariah cried.

Seeing Mudkip was unable to battle, Mirror Mariah took the Pokeball that hung from her neck and aimed it at Mudkip. A sparkling, light blue beam shot from the Pokeball and made impact with Mudkip before reeling him back into the Ball.

?How could a Torchic manage to damage the Mirror Wand?? the Hoenn Mirror Guardian wondered to herself. ?And why it would suddenly attack me like this??

[end flashback]

?If you knew about the black Torchic, why didn?t you say anything about it while we were at Petalburg Mansion?? a suspicious Mariah asked.

?I?d thought I?d never had to deal with the little creep again?? mumbled the Mirror Guardian. After a short pause, her expression became serious. ?Anyway, after we find the other Mirror Shards, I?ll explain the whole incident, but for now??

Mirror Mariah was suddenly cut off by a loud blast. The three Mariahs, Connie, and Brawly all turned in the direction of the explosion and saw smoke coming out of the nearby cave.

?What was that?!? Brawly asked in surprise.

?I don?t know,? Mariah responded, ?but we?d better find out before that cave collapses!?

***​

Deep inside the cave were another man and a gray-shelled Pokemon appearing to be looking for something. The Pokemon sniffed around some rocks while the man dug some holes with a small shovel.

Suddenly, there was a weak tremor that eventually grew stronger in vibration. The grayish-blue haired man immediately turned to see what was causing the tremors. The Pokemon got beside his trainer and prepared for whatever that might come their way.

?I feel some weird energy coming,? the man stated. ?Get ready, Aron.?

Aron the Iron Armor Pokemon stood his ground. ?Okay!?

Just then, a large figure appeared just a small distance away from the man and his Aron.

?Scanning?? a mechanical voice said as a pair of green eyes lit up.

Not letting their guards down for a slight second, the man and Aron went closer to figure out what the robot was and where it came from. The huge Makuhita-like robot continued to scan the two for a while longer before the bright lime-colored eyes dimmed down.

?Data received,? the robot said. ?Identification confirmed. Target: Hoenn Mirror Overlord.?

?What are you?!? the man demanded once the large robot revealed his title.

?My name is Mecha Makuhita,? the automation replied. ?My assignment is to annihilate those who interfere with the will of Shadow Wing.? Mecha Makuhita aimed one of his large metal fists at the Mirror Overlord and his Aron. ?Preparing to fire??

With that, several small holes opened up in the fist pointed at the Overlord. Missiles were suddenly fired right at him, but the target that they intended to hit swiftly moved out of the way by dodging to the side. The Overlord became shocked when he saw Aron charging toward Mecha Makuhita despite his odds being against him.

?Identification confirmed,? said Mecha Makuhita after briefly scanning Aron. ?Incoming target threat: zero.?

Aron continued running toward the large robot. He felt that as long as his could protect his trainer, the injuries he?ll receive won?t matter.

?Accuracy: 99.9%,? continued the metallic voice of Mecha Makuhita. ?Estimated damage: 115%. Preparing to fire??

?Don?t worry, Lord Steven,? Aron said to himself, determined to help his trainer. Once he got close, he jumped as high as he could and aimed straight for Mecha Makuhita?s left green eye. However, Aron?s chances of landing a hit on Mecha Makuhita went from slim to none as the gigantic machine aimed his fist at him.

?Aron!? Lord Steven worriedly called out. He quickly got up from the ground and held out his hand in front of him. ?Elbmert, dnuorg!?

Almost immediately after Lord Steven said those words, the rocky ground suddenly began shaking. Mecha Makuhita?s aim got thrown off due to the vibration, and Aron was able to land between the eyes of the robot. Despite missing his intentional target, Aron was still willing to take matters into his own hands. He started to repeatedly bang his head between Mecha Makuhita?s eyes in hopes of thinning the metal of the Makuhita-like robot as the tremor slowly came to a stop.

?Get away!? yelled Lord Steven, growing more concerned about his Pokemon. He looked down at the ground and tightened his fists and looked up at his low-leveled but brave Aron who continued to use his Headbutt attack on his metallic foe. Then, the worst happened. The unfazed Mecha Makuhita swatted away the opposing Pokemon, and Aron was thrown into the air before landing in front of his trainer.

?Lord Steven? I?m sorry,? Aron croaked with disappointment.

The Overlord of the Hoenn Mirror World cradled his injured Iron Armor Pokemon. ?As long as you do your very best, I?ll always be proud of you.? His expression suddenly gained slight sternness. ?But I think it?ll be better if you didn?t take a chance like that.?

All of a sudden, Lord Steven saw that Mecha Makuhita was aiming one of his fists at him and his Aron to finish the two off.

?Accuracy: 100%. Estimated damage: 120%. Preparing to fire??

With that, the fist of the large Makuhita robot was shot right at the Hoenn Mirror Overlord. Hope was lost when a flash of blue got in the path of the large fists. The fist made impact with the flash and exploded, but Lord Steven and Aron found themselves unscathed.

?Scanning?? Mecha Makuhita said as he looked for who blocked his attack.

?Over here!?

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Just then, Mecha Makuhita saw Mariah (who had just used Shuckle?s Substitute) flying into his view.

?Accessing data?? said Mecha Makuhita with glowing eyes. A few seconds later, his eyes dimmed down. ?No data found. Identification unknown.?

?Well, I?ll make my identification known!? Mariah got out her Mirror Wand. ?I am the reflection of justice and the twin of truth, and I shall eliminate the illusion of evil! My name is Mariah, the magical Hoenn Mirror Girl!?

Connie folded her arms and gave Mariah a bitter look. ?Are you gonna say that EVERY time when you fight??

Mariah rolled her eyes.

Meanwhile, Mirror Mariah, once noticing Lord Steven, blushed once she was with him. ?Uh? I can explain,? she began, feeling a bit nervous. ?I know that I?m supposed to be at the Mirror Hall, but--?

After recalling his Aron, Lord Steven shook his head and looked at Mirror Mariah. ?We?ll talk later, but now we?ll have to deal with that thing.?

Another fist headed toward the group but was stopped cold and appeared to be thrown right back at Mecha Makuhita. Just when the fist was about to make contact with the giant android, Mecha Makuhita?s eyes lit up and fired a laser that made the fist explode.

?Shoot!? Brawly growled.

Mariah?s expression confirmed pure shock when she figured out that Brawly managed to stop the giant fist. ?You did that?! I thought Connie did that!?

?Brawly beat me to it,? Connie sighed with slight disappointment.

Despite losing his fists, Mecha Makuhita didn?t want to give up. An antenna came out of his head, and the tip became a satellite dish. After a brief moment of generating some energy, a laser fired out of the dish.

?Watch it!? Mirror Mariah yelled.

Everyone managed to evade the bright laser, but the beam of energy slammed into the ground and managed to create a crater. It was a sure sign that Mecha Makuhita?s power was not to be underestimated. Brawly was getting rather concerned about the situation, but the others had enough of the massive metal menace. Mariah and Connie stepped up.

?Switching to second formation.? Suddenly, Mecha Makuhita?s feet, fist-less arms, antenna were drawn into his body. A few seconds later, the feet were replaced with large tank wheels, slender arms with laser guns took the place of the fist-less upper limbs, and the new antenna had a slightly larger satellite dish.

?No way?? moaned Shadow Mariah.

?I have a really bad feeling about this,? said Mirror Mariah.

?Target priorities: Mirror Overlord and Dewford Cavern Mirror Elder.? Mecha Makuhita aimed his lasers at his two targets and fired. Fortunately for Steven and Brawly, Mirror Mariah and Shadow Mariah both created white and black shields respectively to block the assault but were knocked backwards on the ground.

Connie jumped towards Mecha Makuhita and managed to land on his chest. She immediately began punching the huge robot?s upper body area as hard as she could, but Mecha Makuhita used his laser arms to swat her off. Just before Connie crashed on the ground, Mariah caught her.

?This guy is pretty tough,? grumbled Connie.

The Makuhita robot headed toward the group and aimed his large, silvery lasers at Brawly and Steven again. He fired several bright beams at his targets, but the two managed to dodge once again.

Brawly had enough of this. ?Snap out of it already, will ya, Maku?! We don?t want to fight you any longer!?

To everyone?s surprise, Mecha Makuhita appeared hesitant to continue shooting at Brawly.

?Maku? is? not in? memory?? the robot said as he appeared to be preparing for an attack again.

Brawly stood up and gave his former Pokemon a stern look. ?Maku! Listen to me! This isn?t what you are! This isn?t the Makuhita I know at all, dude!?

Everyone just watched in silence, and Steven just glared at the Dewford Cavern Mirror Elder like he was insane. His expression grew tenser when he saw Brawly heading toward Mecha Makuhita.

?What are you doing?? the Mirror Overlord yelled in concern. ?Get back here!?

Brawly didn?t listen. He just continued on toward the monster that was once his Pokemon, but Mecha Makuhita didn?t see Brawly as a threat and aimed both of his lasers at him.

?He?s gonna be beaten to a pulp by that thing!? Connie began to charge toward Mecha Makuhita, but Mariah stopped her.

?Hey! What are you doing?!? Connie demanded.

?Wait,? Mariah told her. ?I? hear something??

Get me outta here!

?Me too,? Mirror Mariah responded.

?So do I?? Shadow Mariah said. ?But where?s it coming from??

?I don?t know,? replied Mirror Mariah, ?but? I?m getting the feeling that??

Hurry up already! I need to get outta here!

?Could it be??? Mariah said to herself.

It?s this Shadow Wing guy?s fault that I?m like this now! You?ve gotta help me out here!

?Is that??? Shadow Mariah turned to Mecha Makuhita who is now charging energy in his lasers. Brawly was still concerned about his Pokemon, but everyone else was even more worried about Mecha Makuhita?s lasers hitting Brawly.

?Attacking?? Mecha Makuhita said as his lasers were almost fully charged.

Hey! Don?t fire at Brawly! I?m his best bud! I can?t let him go through this! Somebody get me outta here!

Brawly didn?t hear the voice, but at this desperate point, he didn?t care about anything except Makuhita. ?I?m sorry, Maku,? said Brawly with a hint of sadness in his voice, ?but you leave me no choice.?

In Brawly?s hand appeared a pair of bronze nunchucks with Pokeballs on the handles.

?This is probably the only way I?m gonna bring you to your senses!? the Dewford Mirror Elder yelled.

Mecha Makuhita stopped and prepared to fire his most powerful blast at his previous trainer. Brawly was about to attack when Mariah and Connie ran up to him.

?We?ve got an idea!? Mariah told him before she turned to Connie. ?Try to throw Brawly towards the head, and I?ll handle the rest.?

?Uh? you sure about that, babe?? Brawly asked in a skeptical tone.

?Don?t worry,? Connie said with a wink. ?We?re here to help you out.?

Brawly looked at Mecha Makuhita and then back to the two girls. ?If it?ll get Maku back to normal, I?d do anything,? he finally said.

And with that, Mariah?s plan was underway.

Connie took Brawly by his waist and threw him as hard as she could. Seeing that Brawly was quickly coming toward him, Mecha Makuhita made his antenna appear from his head and charged it up to attack in case the lasers on his arms missed his target. Mariah managed to swiftly fly behind the Makuhita robot and prepared her Mirror Wand to attack, but instead of attacking Mecha Makuhita, she aimed at Brawly?s nunchucks.

?Please let this work,? Mariah prayed silently.

All six gems on the wand fired out a colorful beam that homed into Brawly?s weapon. Immediately after the beam made impact with its target, the nunchucks began glowing with many colors. Brawly swung his shining weapon, and once he was within range to attack, he managed to cut through the metal with the chained stick.

When Brawly landed on the ground, he turned around to see black electricity crackling around his Pokemon.

?Heavily damaged.? Mecha Makuhita?s voice became garbled with static and suddenly slowed down. ?Heav? ily? dam? aged??

And with that, Mecha Makuhita fell backwards on the ground. Everyone was expecting that Mecha Makuhita would explode. Instead, black smoke came out of the cut, and the robot appeared to be fading. Once all the smoke left the robot, the boxing glove-shaped glass returned to a normal glass shard. As the shard floated toward Mirror Mariah and vanished, the robot was covered in a rainbow light and returned to a normal Makuhita. Brawly, unable to hold back his joy, ran up to his Pokemon.

?Maku! I?m so glad to see that you?re back to normal!?

The sumo Pokemon just gave his trainer a confused look. ?Back to normal? What do you mean?? He suddenly noticed Brawly and the others looked as if they were in an intense battle. ?What happened to you? You guys looked like you were all dodging lasers or something!?

Lord Steven was surprised by Makuhita?s words. ?He doesn?t remember???

Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Shadow Mariah were just as astonished. ?Then? how could you have said all that stuff about getting you out of there?? Mariah asked Makuhita.

?Getting me outta where? All I remember is this weird light and something about knowing my true desires??

Everyone just looked at Mecha Makuhita in silence, but Shadow Mariah furiously pounded her fist on the ground.

?I knew it!? she yelled. ?I knew that story was true!?

All eyes suddenly turned to Shadow Mariah, who felt uneasy about the swift change of the situation. Not wanting to say anything else, she created a dark mirror-like portal and went through it.

Mariah was obviously puzzled by her ?shadow?s? abrupt exit. ?What was that all about? And what was with that story she mentioned??

End of Chapter 4

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Wow...not in a script format? I certianly wasn't expecting that. XD Personally, I prefer it this way.

As usual- your originality is credited. This is like one of those cute RPG games, except in fanfiction form. I loved how you did it! It keeps reminding me of Paper Mario 2 for some reason. XD Mariah is a cool character. Brawly...hmm, never really knew him with such personality, but characterization was decent.

Grammar wise, your use of dialogues had some minor problems. Remember to insert a comma if the character is continuing to speak. Also, try adding more emphasis towards the climax or the most exciting part, to make it a tad bit more captivating. It helps if you want to gather attention and make your story appeal to others.

I like your details/descriptions. o_O They were better portrayed rather than your original version, so nice job on that.

Like Miyu-chan mentioned, try working on your tone. Having multiple characters nearly the same can get a bit bland.

Oh...if it's not in script format, then I'd suggest you avoid the parenthesis. ^^

Either way, great original plot, and I like this rather than your first.

So good luck with the next chapter. >]

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Finally finished reading. xD

Well, I noticed that your battling scenes were wonderfully written. =3 More description could be added though (similies, metaphors, etc) to your characters, actions, and setting. Just add more description, and then I'll have nothing to pick on. x3

I've also felt that you've improved from when I first reviewed. =D And, gotta love the plot. xD

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    MARIAH'S POKEMON
    Treecko(M) LV15
    Hardy Nature
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

Shuckle(M) LV15
    Relaxed Nature
    -Constrict
    -Withdraw
    -Wrap
    -Substitute
    -Encore

CURRENT ITEMS
    Mirror Wand

Rainbow Balls
    Description: Five Pokeballs with each having a color of the rainbow. Green and blue were used for Treecko and Shuckle respectively.
    Ability: Captures Pokemon matching the color of the ball (ex. the Red Ball catches a red Pokemon; Orange catches orange Pokemon, and so on)

RECAP OF LAST CHAPTER
    On an island where Dewford Cavern was located, Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie met Shadow Mariah, a young girl who was the Mirror Guardian of the Shadow Mirror World. She revealed herself to be the trainer of the Torchic that Mariah and Mirror Mariah encountered at Petalburg Mansion and appeared to know a lot about the evil force that was controlling Brawly?s Makuhita. Inside the cavern were Steven, the Overlord of the Hoenn Mirror World, and his Aron. They were badly hurt by a robot named Mecha Makuhita but were protected from further harm by Mariah and the group. Brawly finally defeated Mecha Makuhita with some help from Mariah and Connie, and the monster returned to a normal Makuhita. However, Makuhita was unable to remember anything and Shadow Mariah?s mentioning of a story have raised some questions?

CHAPTER 5: The Mysterious Mermaid
    The rising sun turned the sky from a cold night black to a bright golden-yellow morning sky. A cool sea breeze made the palm tree leaves sway slowly which woke the Wingull from their night-long sleep. The seagull Pokemon flew off across the sea which was reflecting the glow of the first light of a new day.

In a straw hut near Dewford Cavern, Connie was soundly sleeping in a curled position on the yellow bristly floor. Despite still wearing her helmet or being without a pillow or a blanket, Connie looked comfortable. That is, until she felt someone poking on her shoulder. At first, she just moaned and turned to the other side. After a few more pokes, however, she crankily shot open her eyes and glared at Mariah after noticing that she was the one who awakened the pigtailed wild girl.

?Mariah!? Connie angrily howled.

?It?s sorta weird that you can sleep like that,? Mariah commented as she bent over to Connie, ?my whole body would be sore if I did that for ten minutes at the least.?

?I live by my rules,? Connie harshly told Mariah as she got up off of the floor, ?beds are for lazy weaklings.?

Mariah said nothing more and sat on a comfortable looking bed. She looked out the window and noticed that Mirror Mariah was sitting on a small rock near the shore while Lord Steven was with her. From glancing at Mirror Mariah?s expression, Mariah figured that Lord Steven was currently less than happy with the Mirror Guardian.

Mirror Mariah, however, had a large pain in her heart as she gazed at the harsh expression of her master.

?Now, Mariah,? the Hoenn Mirror Overlord sternly asked the Mirror Guardian, ?would you mind telling me why you are not in the Mirror Hall like you?re supposed to be??

Mirror Mariah barely looked at Lord Steven in the eye. She frequently shut her eyes tight and opened them again in hopes of making this result in a dream. Her heart was pounding, her palms were sweating, and she softly moaned that she wanted it to be over. She almost felt like crying.

?Mariah, answer my question!? Lord Steven demanded.

?I?m sorry, sir,? Mirror Mariah choked. She looked at the ground and tried to hold back her tears. However, it didn?t seem possible. Finally, she wrapped her arms around her lord.

?I?m sorry, sir,? she apologized, ?I didn?t mean to go back on my duties. It was all because of this ?other Mariah? from this place called Littleroot Town. I just found her in the Mirror Hall after I was training with Mudkip. I know that you told me never to leave the Mirror Hall unless you told me so, but I couldn?t let an outsider that looked like me hang around in a place like the Mirror Hall. I took her to the Oldale Shrine, but we?ve ended up running into a Magma Magician that ended up breaking the Golden Gateway and--?

Lord Steven shook his head at these words. ?Mariah, you should know that a Magma Magician isn?t powerful enough to break the Golden Gateway!?

?I know, sir? but this one managed to after he left as a sneak attack,? Mirror Mariah squeaked as she looked into Lord Steven?s eyes. She backed off and took a few steps back, not taking her eyes off of her master for a second.

Lord Steven eased a little. While he knew that Mirror Mariah would never lie, he figured that she was overreacting. The situation didn?t appear to make sense to him. Someone or something other than a mere Magma Magician might have broken the Golden Gateway, and Brawly?s Makuhita being turned into a massive monster might be connected to that.

Still, it was too early to suspect anything major, but Lord Steven was sure that the Golden Gateway couldn?t be broken so easily by a Magma Magician.

?Trust me. The Magma Magicians won?t be able to do anything like that,? Lord Steven assured Mirror Mariah.

Mirror Mariah paused for a few minutes. She thought that Lord Steven would be angry with her beyond belief, but now he?s telling her that a Magma Magician couldn?t have put her on this difficult mission. She breathed a sigh of relief that Lord Steven wasn?t mad at her any more. She cheerfully hugged him again and giggled.

?I?m so glad! Thank you!?

?Mariah!? Lord Steven chuckled embarrassedly upon being suddenly cuddled, ?come on!?

Mirror Mariah blushed at her behavior and backs off of Lord Steven. ?Sorry, sir. I just? well??

As Mariah continued watching the Mirror Guardian and her Master, Connie sat next to her.

?Does that other me like that guy or something?? Connie heard the Hoenn Mirror Girl ask herself.

?I dunno,? was the rock hard fighter extraordinaire?s response.

?I mean? she was so freaked out that Lord Steven was about to bite her head off,? Mariah wondered, ?When she hugged him??

?No offense,? Connie rudely interrupted, ?but I don?t see Lord Steven as a ladies? man. But then again, I don?t know too much about dating.?

Mariah got closer to the window and rested her elbows on the windowsill. ?Well, when you really like a person, I think it?s best that you tell the person how you feel. Or at least? that?s what my mom told me before she??

The last word was stuck in her throat, and she didn?t get the chance to get it out. A bizarre looking boy about Mariah?s age suddenly appeared on the other side of the window. He put both of his pale hands on Mariah?s cheeks and pulled her toward him as he learned toward her. Suddenly, his lips met Mariah?s, and all the Hoenn Mirror Girl could do was just look at the young boy with sheer infuriation for kissing her out of the blue. Finally, she managed to push the boy away from her and into the sand.

?Hey!? the boy cried out.

Mariah and Connie headed outside and went to where the boy was. The two of them saw the 10-year-old dusting the sand off his blue robe?which looked suspiciously similar to the Magma Magician?s.

?Who do you think you are kissing me like that?? Mariah demanded.

?My name is Cobalt,? the strange boy said, appearing to be impressed with Mariah, ?Thanks for the kiss. Too bad you?re like that mermaid that got kicked out. I?d stay and hang out, but I have to meet my boss. It was nice meeting you, cutie, and I hope I see to you soon.?

With a snap of the boy?s fingers, a mirror that had a tidal wave frame appeared. Before Mariah and Connie could ask any questions, he jumped into the mirror-like portal.

Mariah and Connie were both left wordless after that event?

***​

In a cave under the sea, a mermaid was constantly moaning, tossing in her coral bed, and wiggling her cerulean fin.

?No... I don't want to go back.?

The mermaid tightly grasped some plants that were in her reach for a few seconds. She occasionally gritted her teeth as she turned on her back, and her fish-like fin flapped in a vertical motion.

?No! I don't want to go back!? she shouted in fear as she let go of the plants and clenched her fists, ?I'm NOT going back! I WON'T go back! Ever!?

Just then, a purple star-shaped Pokemon swam toward the teenage mermaid.

?Miss Cascadia!? the Pokemon cried.

The mermaid shot upward and gasped. She felt her rapidly beating heart starting to slow down from waking up from an intense nightmare.

?Huh?? Cascadia the mermaid said as she caught her breath. She then turned to the Pokemon floating beside her and sighed in relief.

?Oh... it's just you, Starmie.?

Cascadia the mermaid felt a little shaky after the nightmare as she began to swim through a long tunnel toward the exit of her cave.

?You were having that dream again, weren?t you?? the Mysterious Water/Psychic-type Pokemon asked its trainer as it caught up to her.

?It?s getting predictable, I see,? Cascadia dryly responded to her Pokemon despite not facing it.

?The dream has been bothering you since you left,? Starmie told her, sounding troubled.

Cascadia shook her head and let out a scoff. ?At least I came to my senses.?

?A bit late, though,? Starmie responded with slight teasing.

Once the mermaid and Starmie were out of the cave, they noticed a blue dog-like Pokemon sleeping near the entrance. The bluish-green haired mermaid swam toward the Pokemon and poked it a few times to wake it.

?Vaporeon,? Cascadia whispered, ?Vaporeon. Wake up.?

The Pokemon called Vaporeon wagged her mermaid-like tail a few times before opening her black eyes. As she stretched and yawned, two serpent-like Pokemon who were sleeping near a large shell woke up as well. The smaller serpent of a darker pink color yawned as she turned to the peach-colored serpent next to her.

?Is it time to eat yet, sis?? the long nosed South Sea Pokemon drowsily asked, ?I?m hungry.?

The beautiful Tender Pokemon couldn?t help but smile at her younger sister?s comment. ?I don?t think that Cascadia mentioned anything about our meals.?

?Otherwise, we?d be eating by now, goofball,? an aggressive-looking crab Pokemon teased, making cherry-colored Pokemon feel silly for what she said.

?Don?t be so hard on Gorebyss,? Vaporeon defended in an easygoing tone. She swam toward the large violet shell and sat on top of it. ?Besides, you all know that Cascadia has to go to Slateport Beach to get us food.?

?It?s not easy for her to avoid getting spotted,? stated a voice from the bivalve. When it started to open, Vaporeon got off. An inky black sphere with a somewhat menacing face was revealed when the shell completely opened.

?You do remember why we?re here, right?? he inquired in a serious tone.

?Cloyster has a point,? Cascadia agreed with her oyster-like Pokemon, ?In case you?ve forgotten, the police are still on my tail despite quitting--.?

?Cassy, please,? Vaporeon sighed as she swam toward her mermaid trainer, ?Let?s just forget the whole thing with the vision.?

Just then, Vaporeon saw a strange glow on the surface. An uncomfortable expression fell upon the Bubble Jet?s face as she headed toward to surface at a rapid pace.

?Vaporeon! What's the rush?!? Cascadia called out as she tried to catch up with her Pokemon.

The other Pokemon began to follow the Vaporeon wondering as well what the bright glow could be. After a while a swimming, Vaporeon managed to catch her breath once her head was out of the water. The other five Pokemon and Cascadia arrived on the ocean surface as well and saw that the glow was in the sky. A blue mirror with a water-like frame suddenly came into form, and two lights stormed out of it in the blink of an eye. The lights headed to a far away area, and Cascadia and her Pokemon gazed at the lights until they couldn?t be seen. This made the adolescent mermaid freeze in dismay.

?It can't be...? Cascadia squeaked in a near-inaudible voice.

?Looks like they really wanna take you back,? Vaporeon pointed out as she got closer to her trainer to comfort her.

The six Water Pokemon and Cascadia unexpectedly saw another Mirror Portal forming, and out of this one came Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie. The two Mariahs seemed confused about their current whereabouts, but Connie appeared panicked. Unlike the two Mariahs, unfortunately for her, Connie couldn?t fly and plummeted toward the ocean. Both Mariah and Mirror Mariah dove down to save her, but Cascadia?s South Sea Pokemon managed to coil her tail around Connie.

?Hey, you okay?? Gorebyss asked, hoping that Connie wasn?t injured.

?Yeah,? Connie replied with a wink, ?thanks.?

Mariah let out a sigh of relief as she and Mirror Mariah hovered next to Connie. ?Thanks for saving Connie.?

?No problem,? giggled Gorebyss.

?Good thing we were around,? Cascadia said, nearly laughing. She then shook Mariah, Mirror Mariah?s, and Connie?s hands. ?I'm Cascadia.?

?Hi,? Mariah greeted. ?I'm Mariah Janvi.?

?I'm Connie,? the wild girl introduced.

?And I'm the Guardian of the Mirrors, but you can call me Mariah,? Mirror Mariah ended.

Cascadia was surprised that the Mirror Guardian and the Hoenn Mirror Girl shared the same name, but then she shook it off and attempted to change the subject.

?So, where are you guys going?? the mermaid asked.

?We were supposed to go to where the next Mirror Shard is, but it appears that something must've happened to caused us to end up out here,? Mirror Mariah said with remorse.

?Well, I'm on my way to Slateport Beach,? Cascadia told the three girls, ?Perhaps you should a break from this Shard thing because you looked a bit exhausted.?

?The beach? Great!? Connie beamed. She turned to Mariah who nodded in agreement.

?I guess it wouldn't hurt to relax for the day,? Mirror Mariah also agreed as a slight smile formed on her face.

?Okay, then! Full speed ahead to Slateport Beach!? Cascadia shouted as she pointed ahead of her.

Gorebyss put Connie on her sister?s back, and soon everyone was on their way to Slateport Beach.

***​

A young boy was slowly opening his brown eyes after being awakened by the warm sun. He felt the dry sand under his back and suddenly sat up. His eyes then met a wide blue ocean where many people and their Water-type Pokemon played and swam. He looked behind and besides him to see some more people and Pokemon doing various activities.

?Where am I??? he asked to himself.

The boy suddenly got up and dusted off his clothes. After his black-red jacket and black pants were clean of sand, he began walking around the beach.

?That Magma Magician? where?d he sent me?? the boy wondered, ?He said that he wanted to show me a perfect world, but??

[flashback]

An exhausted Mudkip was lying flat on the cold marble ground, and in front of the Mud Fish was a black, red-eyed Torchic. The Mudkip struggled to get up to continue the battle but suddenly collapsed on her side.

?Shoot!? the boy growled, clenching his fist. He got out a red and white sphere and aimed it at his Pokemon. A red beam shot out of the ball and made contact with the fallen Mudkip. The Mud Fish was suddenly transformed into a light of the same color and was reeled back into the ball.

?I knew you were lying,? the boy?s demon-like opponent stated coldly.

?It?s the truth! I really am Sorcerer Birch?s son!? the ashen-haired boy cried out.

The bat winged girl was about to leave to dark shrine when she stopped and turned to the boy.

?I don?t think I can trust anyone anymore?? she sighed with sadness.

The boy tried to approach the dark girl in order to comfort her, but he didn?t get the chance. A wand with a black Pokeball on top and bat-like wings on its side formed in the dark girl?s hand.

?I think you?ll be better off going back to where you came from!? she barked as she angrily aimed it at the ashen-haired boy, ?It?s already bad enough that my world is messed up!?

[end flashback]

?What was with that girl?? the boy wondered as he sat down at a nearby bench. He paused for a moment to think about the mysterious demon like girl and the Magma Sorcerer, thinking that they may be related to the recent happenings.

TO BE CONTINUED...

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    WOW THIS IS AMAZING, This is like the only story ive ever not got bored of.

I like the sort of mirror theme, i guessed u used a bit of kirby and its kinds harry potter.

But the 6 coloured gem things clever. each ones a pokeball eg like ure allowed 6 balls. And is it me or did them gems also have to do with that episode where there gems at a shrine in oldale

Last edited:

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    The purple fur on a bug-like Pokemon stood on end, and her antennae perked up a few times. She dizzily looked around until she saw a large white building ahead. The Pokemon timidly approached the area and quickly hid in a bush when she saw a few people dressed in blue robes looking at the building in awe.

"This is it?" a woman said with glee.

"The famous Mirror Marine Museum," a man grinned.

"Hopefully, this place has what we're looking for," another man replied.

As the violet-furred Pokemon watched the blue-attired group talk amongst themselves, she began to get tense. She started to get out of the bush when she felt a tug all over her body.

"Oh, no?" she squeaked.

The blue-robed people turned to a rustling bush that let out strange squeaky noises. Cobalt, who had just arrived to meet with them, stopped and noticed the bush moving. Suspicious, he headed toward the bush and began to feel for whatever was in there until he finally pulled out the Insect Pokemon.

"Lookie what we've got here," Cobalt grinned triumphantly, "a Venonat!"

The Pokemon, worried that she was revealed, let out an earsplitting screech. Everyone around her covered their ears, and Cobalt ended up dropping the Bug and Poison-type Pokemon. Once Venonat hit the ground and got on her feet, she ran off.

"What the?? That little punk!" the navy-eyed Aqua Sorcerer angrily yelled. He then calmed down a little and flicked back a small piece of his odd indigo hair. "Oh, well. Guess that little bug has to learn the hard way," Cobalt said smugly as he got out a strange colored Pokeball, "Go, Croconaw!"

The pale-skinned boy threw the blue and black sphere on the ground. The Pokeball opened up, and a white light was released from it. The light then formed into a bluish-green crocodile Pokemon.

"Croconaw, go get that Venonat!" Cobalt commanded his Pokemon, pointing ahead of him.

"You've got it, boss," Croconaw said with a grin, "and I'll make sure that I'll get her good!"

***​

Mariah and Mirror Mariah have finally landed on the sands of Slateport Beach with Connie getting off of Cascadia's Milotic and joining up with them.

"Hey, Cascadia," Mariah called out, "are you coming with us?"

"I'll be there in a minute," Cascadia responded, "I just need to? huh?"

The mermaid looked out of the corner of her blue eyes and saw something that made her clench her fists and grit her teeth. Several red-robed Magma Magicians heading somewhere and rather quickly. One of them mentioned "beating Aqua", and Cascadia froze at this.

"Hey, Fish Face! What are you looking at?" Connie asked, becoming impatient.

Cascadia nervously turned to the three girls and laughed embarrassedly. "Sorry about that!"

"Are you going to show us around?" Mariah wondered.

"I? uh? I n-need to do something? for a while?" Cascadia stammered. She swam off quickly, and her baffled Pokemon tried to catch up to her a moment later. Mirror Mariah and Connie just shrugged at this and left to find a spot to relax.

Mariah stayed and gazed at the sparkling blue ocean even after Cascadia was out of view. A cool sea breeze briefly blew through her black hair as she watched various water Pokemon play and swim with their human partners.

"It's nice to be able to take a break," Mariah sighed as she stretched herself out for a few seconds. Her attention then turned to a little girl and her mother near the shore.

"Mommy, look what I found!" the little girl said with a giggle.

"Coming, sweetie!" the mother panted as she ran up to her daughter.

As Mariah watched the girl and her mother, she sighed in disappointment.

"Once, I had a mom like that. It was impossible for me or anyone else to hate her. She was the type of person that I could trust with anything. I could tell her whatever that's bothering me? but those days are over. Now, I have no choice but to hide everything?"

A small tear fell from Mariah's eye. "I couldn't trust anyone else like I trusted Mom. My dad, grandma, and my best friends tried to live up to that, but it didn't feel the same."

Mariah made the Mirror Wand appear in her hand and looked at it with a hint of sadness. "And to make matters worse, I was suddenly thrown in a world that looks a lot like my own, but it's not! I'm not even supposed to be here! I'm supposed to live up to my family's expectations and become a Pokemon Trainer! Instead, I'm fighting weird monsters with people that I barely even know! And for what? To gather some pieces of glass so I could go home?"

Mariah suddenly found herself crying. She occasionally wiped her eyes to dry them, but the tears came faster than she could dry them.

"Oh, who am I kidding?" the Hoenn Mirror Girl sobbed softly, "It's not my choice anymore. All I could do now is just go along with that other me."

Suddenly, the force of something bashing into Mariah from behind made her tumble and fall on her face. Mariah angrily got up and dusted the sand off herself.

"Help!" a muffled voice cried out.

Mariah noticed a pair of small, brown feet wiggling in the sand. After getting a hold of the feet, she slowly pulled the object out. A few moments later, she noticed that she was holding the Venonat.

"Are you okay?" Mariah asked the Bug and Poison-type Pokemon.

"Yes, miss," Venonat squeaked. She looked around for a few seconds and sighed in relief.

"Anything wrong?" Mariah wondered.

"Found ya, runt!" a scratchy voice called out.

"Oh, no!" the Venonat squealed. She jumped out of Mariah's arms and hid behind her legs. "That Croconaw's gonna get me!"

"Not if I could help it!" Mariah said as she picked up her wand. "I call upon the rainbow of the Mirror World! Green!"

The green gem on the Mirror Wand glow brightly as it shot out a beam of the same color. The emerald beam transformed into Mariah's Treecko.

"I'm not going to let you pick on a defenseless Pokemon!" Mariah sternly told the Water-type Big Jaw Pokemon.

"Ooh, you sent out a Grass-type," Croconaw taunted with sarcasm, "How scary!"

"Treecko, Quick Attack!" Mariah commanded.

Treecko got on all fours and zipped toward the Croconaw at full speed. Despite the Wood Gecko's rapid approach, Croconaw didn't appear too intimidated. He held up his hands to stop Treecko once he was close, and both Pokemon with their hands against each other's tried to force the other one back. However, Treecko caught the Croconaw off guard when he slackened his force to make the Water-type foe fall on the ground.

The crocodile-like Pokemon got up and glared at Treecko angrily. "You've got lucky!"

"Treecko, Absorb!" Mariah called out.

"All right!" Treecko opened his mouth wide, and a bright green sphere began to form in it. A beam was suddenly shot from the sphere and surrounded the unsuspecting Croconaw in a green glow on the beam's impact. As Treecko ?inhaled? Croconaw?s energy, his Water-type opponent slowly collapsed to the ground and winced in pain.

"Dang Grass-type," the Croconaw angrily mumbled as he eyed the Venonat shuddering behind Mariah's legs, "Besides, I need to deal with that Venonat. I don't need a coward like her running around."

After breaking free from the Absorb attack, Croconaw shut his eyes and began to focus intensely. A small light began glowing at the tips of his claw and grew to his wrist. Briefly looking at Treecko before looking fiercely at the defenseless Venonat, he reared back his fist and ran toward his target. Mariah was about to tell her Treecko to attack again, but she was cut off when she saw the Croconaw ran past her Pokemon and headed toward Venonat.

"Help!!!" the Venonat cried.

"Here I come, you little furry cockroach!" the Big Jaw Pokemon growled, not taking his eyes off the Venonat.

Mariah, not wanting this to go on any longer, aimed her wand at the aggressive Croconaw. "Don't even think about going near that Venonat!"

Croconaw skidded to a halt, and his fist was no longer glowing. "Back off!" the crocodile-like Pokemon demanded with a sharp glare at the Hoenn Mirror Girl, "I don't need any humans other than Cobalt telling me what to do!"

With the kiss suddenly rushing into her mind, Mariah slightly twitched at hearing the name. "You've really caught me on a bad mood here, and you've just made it worse by mentioning that name!"

Treecko got in front of the Croconaw and folded his arms. "Attacking a weaker Pokemon isn't very lightening to the mood either."

Croconaw just glared at Mariah and the two Pokemon. He then grabbed Venonat by her fur, held her close, and jumped into the air. Once the bluish-green crocodile Pokemon reached the peak of his jump, he began to tumble down towards the ground at incredible speed. When Croconaw was close to the ground, he put Venonat at his arm's length and slammed her to the ground as he landed. Croconaw landed on his feet unscathed while Venonat lied motionlessly on the ground.

"Venonat!" Mariah and Treecko exclaimed.

The Croconaw folded his arms before taking one last look at the Wood Gecko, the Insect, and the Hoenn Mirror Girl.

"My work is done. Cobalt is waiting for me." And with that, the Water-type Big Jaw left.

Mariah sadly looked at the injured Venonat as she held her in her arms. She then noticed a crowd surrounding her and suddenly got embarrassed.

"Uh?" Mariah laughed, putting her hand behind her head, "Does anyone know where I could find a Pokemon Center around here?"

"There's one right near the Shopping Mall. I've just passed it," a familiar voice responded.

Mariah turned behind her to see Mirror Mariah and Connie standing right behind her.

***​

The setting sun painted the sky with a golden orange and the sea an orange-red. Knowing that night was coming soon, several flocks of bird Pokemon flew south while several land Pokemon on small nearby islands headed to their homes in either trees, the ground, or in tiny caves. Leaves hanging from the palm trees swayed in the wind, and slight waves began to form in the ocean.

Cascadia was on a lone island with very few trees. She spent an hour gazing at her reflection in the water. Strands of her green-blue hair occasionally got in the way of her blue eyes and were moved to the back of her neck. She often sighed and shook her head as she said to herself, ?I wish I never gotten myself into this mess.?

The mermaid briefly looked away to see Vaporeon approaching her. The Bubble Jet Pokemon noted her Trainer's expression and sat down next to her.

"I can't let them know who I was," Cascadia said with guilt.

Vaporeon shook her head and sighed. "Cassy, come on. Will you just put it behind you already?"

"Vaporeon, seriously," Cascadia said with remorse, "all that trouble we caused? all the people we've tortured? everything we did just to fight the enemy and reach the goal for the sake of those who love the sea? do you really think it's something I could forget about so easily?"

"I felt the same way too, and so did the other Pokemon," Vaporeon replied, trying to comfort the teenage mermaid, "I totally understand that we're all to blame here, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't let that drive us crazy."

"I was just trying to return their favor of saving my life," Cascadia told her Pokemon. She then lowered her head in shame. "My parents and sister back home are probably worried sick about me." She looked up in the sky. "Yes," she said with anger, "I tried to return their favor, so I ended up doing things that I'm still paying for! And now that I've seen what will happen if I did help them reach their goal, they think I'm crazy! Well, from now on, I'll make sure that the expansion of the sea or the land won't happen!" She turned to Vaporeon with a cold look in her green-blue eyes. "They won't like it, but it'll be for their own good."

***​

"Mariah?"

A strange voice echoed throughout a marble chamber, and the Hoenn Mirror Girl couldn't help but to follow it.

"Mariah. Hurry."

Mariah walked at first, but she suddenly broke into a run. As she continued on, the dark chamber began to fill with light.

"Mariah. Hurry. You must hurry. Time is running out?"

The light became brighter and brighter, and Mariah suddenly stopped to shield her eyes from the light's increasing glow.

"What's going on?" Mariah called out.

There was no answer.

The light suddenly died down, and Mariah noticed that she was in the middle of a small room. Just in front of her was a shining green treasure chest with a leaf-shaped lock, and on the wall behind it was a crystal framed mirror. She walked up to the mirror and saw something that left her wordless. Her reflection appeared for a brief moment before silhouettes of six Pokemon, each one having a color of the rainbow, flashed in the mirror. Three of the silhouettes appeared familiar to her, but then the green silhouette began to grow and transform. After all but the green silhouette passed, a leaf formed above the green silhouette. Mariah gazed at in confusion.

?What?s that?? Mariah asked.

Once the green silhouette have completely transformed, it took the leaf and jumped out of the mirror. Mariah shuddered at this and took a few steps back.

"Wh? who are you?" Mariah asked the approaching lizard-like figure.

The green figure handed the leaf to Mariah, and she looked at it for a moment. Before she could ask anything, Mariah suddenly covered her eyes when the leaf emitted a powerful glow?

Mariah shot up to a sitting position in her bed. After a slight pause to take a breath, she saw that she was in her room at the Pokemon Center. She looked down to her lower bunk to see Mirror Mariah sleeping peacefully and Connie doing the same on the floor. A few seconds later, she lay back down in her bed, but she couldn't go back to sleep.

***​

Mariah headed to the counter of the Pokemon Center's main lobby. She looked up at the golden yellow walls until her met a clock with strange-looking numbers. She couldn't read them, but it didn't take too long to realize how early in the morning it was. She yawned and started to rub her eyes until the Croconaw's brutal beating of Venonat came to her mind.

"Venonat? I hope you'll be all right," Mariah whispered to herself.

A red-haired nurse walked by with a bucket of cleaning supplies until she saw the Hoenn Mirror Girl.

"Oh, hello, Mariah," said the nurse as she put down the bucket, "is there anything you need?"

Mariah began to think about the strange dream. She recalled that three of the silhouettes looked like Treecko, Shuckle, and Venonat. However, she recalled that one of the silhouettes started changing and jumping out of the mirror. She wondered about the leaf and its sudden glow.

"Is something going to happen to me?" Mariah asked herself, "Am I? destined to be here?"

"Mariah? Is something on your mind?" the red-haired nurse asked.

Mariah thought about the dream a bit longer, but then she shook her head. "There's no reason I should be here. I just want to go home already."

"Are you okay, Mariah?" the Hoenn Mirror Girl heard the nurse ask.

Mariah put her current thoughts aside and turned to the nurse. "Is Venonat okay, Nurse Joy?" she asked.

The nurse named Joy smiled and headed towards a curtained room. A few moments later, Joy returned with the Bug and Poison-typed Insect Pokemon in her arms.

"All Venonat needed was loving care and a good rest," Nurse Joy enlightened Mariah with a cheery tone.

"I'm so glad." Mariah sighed in relief at this news.

Joy handed the violet Insect Pokemon to Mariah.

"I have to get back to work now," Nurse Joy said as she picked up her bucket of cleaning supplies before heading off, "Take care of the Venonat, okay, Mariah? Good-bye."

Mariah's eyes widened at this. "Uh? the Venonat's not mine." She then saw that Nurse Joy had already left.

Venonat's antennae perked a few times. The purple Insect Pokemon let out a yawn and noticed that Mariah was holding her. Then, she suddenly jumped out of Mariah's arms and ran screaming out of the Pokemon Center.

"What??! Wait!" Mariah called out as she began to chase Venonat.

The two ran throughout the small city near Slateport Beach and into a forest area. Mariah tried to catch up to the frightened Bug and Poison Pokemon, but Venonat evaded her by squeezing through bushes or climbing trees. Little did she know about Mariah's flying ability, which almost resulted in her getting caught a few times.

Venonat barely got away from Mariah and climbed up a large tree. By the time she was close to the first branch, Venonat was worn out. She took a few moments to catch her breath just in time to see blue stringy lights rapidly approach her. The Insect Pokemon jumped back a little at this but nearly fell off the branch. Once she found out how high she was, she didn't dare to look down again.

"Now what'll I do?" Venonat asked in a shaky voice, "I can't let her get me."

Thoughts suddenly began to flow into Venonat's mind. She recalled being a strange room with a purple chest and mirror. Because of where the mirror was located, Venonat climbed onto the chest and looked at her reflection. A few seconds later, five different colored silhouettes appeared behind her and started to take form of Pokemon.

"That was? a weird dream," Venonat said to herself, "Those weird shadows? what kind of Pokemon were they? Were they even Pokemon?"

"Hey!"

As Venonat saw Mariah flying toward her at an incredible speed, she knew that she was trapped.

"I guess this is the end," Venonat whimpered.

Mariah was finally within reach of violet-furred Insect Pokemon, and Venonat timidly stepped back.

"Come on," Mariah said in a tender voice. She landed on the branch and, keeping her balance, slowly headed toward Venonat.

Unfortunately, there was a cracking sound as Mariah got closer to the branch's edge. It was soft was first, but then it grew louder with each time that Mariah moved.

"Oh, no?" Mariah moaned, knowing that the situation was not in her favor.

While keeping one hand on the branch, Mariah reached out for Venonat. The fuzzy Bug and Poison-typed Pokemon, still feeling uneasy going with Mariah, took another step back. However, she lost her balance on the branch and slipped off.

"Venonat!" Mariah shouted as she watched the purple bug-like Pokemon plummet towards the ground.

Without wasting another second, the Hoenn Mirror Girl got of the branch and flew toward the ground. The wind beat against her Pokeball barrettes in her black hair, and the black and yellow ribbon on her red shirt as well as the white skirt waved in a similar pattern.

Mariah managed to land before Venonat did and got out her Mirror Wand.

"I call upon the rainbow of the Mirror World! Green! Blue!"

The green and blue gems on the Pokeball part of the Mirror Wand shone brightly before shooting two bright lights of their respective colors. The green light formed into Treecko, and the blue one in Shuckle.

"Treecko! Try to catch Venonat!" Mariah commanded.

The green lizard-like Pokemon nodded at the command. As he saw the Venonat in question headed for the ground, he jumped up with amazing agility, caught the Pokemon by grabbing her fur, and landed on the ground in the blink of an eye.

"That was too close," Mariah sighed in relief.

Venonat took a look at Treecko and then at Shuckle. Suddenly getting an uneasy feeling about both of them, Venonat tried to escape from Treecko's grasp. She eventually resorted to letting out an ear-splitting screech to force Treecko to let go to cover his ears. Shuckle followed by covering his non-visible ears with his worm-like legs, and Mariah tried to block out the deafening screech by covering her ears as well but dropping the Mirror Wand in the process. Once she noticed that the three can't do much at this point, Venonat stopped screaming and started to run away again.

"Treecko! Stop Venonat with your Leer attack!" commanded Mariah.

"All right!" Treecko replied with a nod.

The Wood Gecko Pokemon zipped in front of Venonat. His yellow eyes began to glow as he leered at the whimpering Insect Pokemon who just stopped in her tracks.

"I-I? I won't go down without a fight, Miss!" Venonat stated as she tried to gather some courage.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    The fuzzy Bug and Poison-type Pokemon began to concentrate on Treecko. Her antennae stood on end for a few seconds before they leaned and pointed at Treecko. Before lizard-esque Grass-type could figure out what was happening, a strange light was shot from the Venonat's antennae and hit Treecko right in the face, forcing him to fall.

"Treecko!" Mariah cried.

Treecko slowly got up on his feet and glared at Venonat. He tried to catch his breath a few times and appeared wobbly in his steps as he walked toward his opponent.

"I'm fine, Mariah?" Treecko said in between breaths, "I'm wondering? why that? Venonat? didn't fight? like that? yesterday?"

"Treecko, you need to rest," Mariah told her Pokemon after noticing his condition, "Shuckle and I will handle it from here."

Treecko shook his head and dashed straight toward Venonat. The red-eyed Insect studied Treecko's somewhat clumsy movements before jumping out of the way. Treecko, unable to stop himself, crashed into a large rock. The confused Wood Gecko slid off the rock and stumbled around a bit.

Meanwhile, Shuckle managed to catch Venonat off guard as he wrapped his legs around his opponent's body. He then started to tighten his grip even when Venonat tried to wiggle free. Venonat started to take a deep breath again, but Shuckle raised one of his legs to cover Venonat's "mouth". The only things heard from Venonat were muffled shouts.

"Great, Shuckle!" Mariah congratulated, "Don't let go of her!"

As Shuckle continued to squeeze Venonat, Treecko finally snapped out of his confusion. He locked his eyes on the Venonat as he put his hands and legs on the ground. Mariah noticed that Treecko was getting ready to attack as she watched him dash toward the hairy bug-like Pokemon. Relieved that Treecko's confusion ended but at the same time concerned about her Pokemon pushing himself beyond his limits, Mariah watched as the Grass-type lizard Pokemon rammed into Venonat. Venonat soared across the ground and crashed into a tree. Shuckle, who was still hanging on to Venonat at the time, bounced off of Venonat and landed in front of Mariah. Shuckle didn't appear to be too injured from hitting the ground, but Venonat appeared unable to continue fighting.

"Purple Pokeball, appear!" Mariah said.

A bright amethyst flash appeared in Mariah's hand and formed into the purple Pokeball. Mariah looked ahead at the weakened Venonat against the tree with a hint of guilt.

"I just hope it's for the best," Mariah said to herself, "Rainbow Ball, go!"

Mariah threw the violet sphere at the Venonat as hard as she could. When the ball made contact with Venonat, it opened and released a purple light that covered all of Venonat's body. The entire Pokemon became part of the purple light and was sucked into the ball. After the ball closed, it started to wiggle around for a few seconds. Mariah, Treecko, and Shuckle watched in anticipation as the purple ball swayed back and forth. Just then, there was a ping sound, and the ball was still. The purple gem on the Mirror Wand began to glow as the Pokeball had an aura of matching color surrounding it. The Pokeball then shrunk in size and was pulled into the purple gem of the wand.

"Well," Mariah sighed in relief, "I've caught her?"

"You have a lot of skill," a voice said to her.

Mariah turned around to see a man dressed in a red robe. Upon seeing him, her face became pale.

"You're a? Magma Magician?" Mariah asked nervously.

"That's right," he replied with a light and evil laugh, "I've been hearing about you. Apparently our team's been getting a lot of weaklings lately. Despite how you and your Pokemon battle, I find it hard to believe that one of our teammates have lost to a little girl."

Mariah noticed that Treecko and Shuckle were tired from the battle with Venonat. Seeing that they were incapable of fighting another battle, Mariah recalled her Pokemon.

"What do you want from me?" Mariah demanded.

"You appear to be a potential threat to our plans of expanding the landmass," the magician told the Hoenn Mirror Girl in a dark tone, "?and all threats must be eliminated!"

Just then, the magician was ambushed by a stream of bubbles and braced himself from further damage by shielding himself with his arms. Mariah wondered where the bubbly torrent came from and turned behind her. Cascadia was shooting the bubbles from orbs around her white-gloved hands.

"Cascadia?" a confused Mariah said when she noticed Cascadia floating just above the ground, "how could you be on land floating like that? And how??"

The Magma Magician raised up his arms, and Cascadia's bubble attack came to a halt when a large wall of fire turned it into steam. As soon as the fire vanished, the Magma Magician saw Cascadia and grinned.

"So, the renegade Aqua Sorceress appears at last?"

End of Chapter 5

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    MARIAH'S POKEMON
    Treecko(M) LV16
    Hardy Nature
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack
    -Pursuit

Shuckle(M) LV15
    Relaxed Nature
    -Constrict
    -Withdraw
    -Wrap
    -Substitute
    -Encore

Venonat(F)@-- LV12
    Trait: Compound Eyes
    Naive Nature
    -Tackle
    -Disable
    -Foresight
    -Signal Beam
    -Supersonic
    -Screech

CURRENT ITEMS
    Mirror Wand

Rainbow Balls
    Description: Five Pokeballs with each having a color of the rainbow. Green, blue, and purple were used for Treecko, Shuckle, and Venonat respectively.
    Ability: Captures Pokemon matching the color of the ball (ex. the Red Ball catches a red Pokemon; Orange catches orange Pokemon, and so on)

RECAP OF LAST CHAPTER
    The morning after the intense battle with Mecha Makuhita, Mariah got kissed by a strange young boy named Cobalt. Later that day, Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie met Cascadia, a teenage mermaid who was on her way to Slateport Beach. The four girls headed there where Cascadia left in an awkward hurry. While Connie and Mirror Mariah head off to have fun, Mariah started to think about her recent happenings. Her thoughts were interrupted when a desperate Venonat and an arrogant Croconaw, who belonged to Cobalt, appeared. Despite Treecko?s best effort to stop him, the Croconaw badly hurt Venonat. Fortunately, Mariah managed to get Venonat to a Pokemon Center. The next morning, Mariah thought about a dream she had until Nurse Joy walked by. She told Mariah the Venonat was safe, but when Venonat saw Mariah, she ran out of the Pokemon Center. After a long chase followed by a battle, Mariah successfully captured Venonat. However, a Magma Magician appeared to fight Mariah, but then Cascadia appeared and attacked him. It was then Cascadia was revealed to be a former Aqua Sorceress?

CHAPTER 6: A New Direction
    ?An Aqua Sorceress?!? a stunned Mariah asked.

Cascadia looked down on the ground. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth as the words ?Aqua Sorceress? echoed in her head.

?It?s nice to finally see you, Cascadia,? the Magma Magician grinned coldly, ?I heard so much about you. I heard about your powerful psychic abilities and your tremendous powers. If you weren?t so adapted to water, you would?ve been a powerful Magma Magician. You?d be a great help to our much superior goal of expanding the landmass.?

?Stop?? whispered Cascadia with regret, ?just stop??

Mariah turned to Cascadia. ?Cascadia, what is he talking about?? she asked with concern.

?Mariah?? Cascadia began with remorse, ?I?m? I?m??

Before Cascadia could finish, a red shockwave struck her in the stomach and managed to knock her over.

Mariah and the Magma Magician turned to where the shockwave came from and saw an angry Connie with both feet and one hand on the ground.

?Fish Face here is an Aqua Sorceress!? Connie yelled as she got up, ?I knew there was something fishy about her besides the way she looked! She looked familiar, but I decided to keep it to myself. Her act won?t work on me anymore, though!?

Cascadia looked at Connie coldly. ?Oh, so you?ve pretty much figured my secret from the start, huh??

?Well, I don?t see too many mermaids who are Magma Magicians!? Connie snapped. She then turned her attention to the Magma Magician. ?And you?re not off the hook either! One of your teammates stole something valuable from me, and I?m gonna do what I can to get it back!?

The situation appeared hopeless. Mariah looked at Mirror Mariah, but the Mirror Guardian shook her head.

?Mariah, I?m sorry,? the Mirror Guardian responded with sadness, ?but both the Magma Magicians and the Aqua Sorcerers can?t be trusted. They believe that the land or the sea is better than the other, and if they managed to get the power that they needed then? the Hoenn Mirror World would never be the same.?

The Magma Magician let out a sigh. ?If you?re done talking, I?d like to eliminate the four of you.?

The crimson-robed magician fully extended his arm and faced his bare palm toward the girls. A glowing red orb appeared in his hand and started to increase in size as fire surrounded it.

?Witness the true power of the Magma Magicians!? laughed the red-robed magician.

With that, the burning orb was hurled toward the girls. They managed to dodge out of the way, but the magician shot out another fiery orb at them and it hit Mirror Mariah on the side.

?Mariah!? the Hoenn Mirror Girl yelled as she saw her ?twin? fall on the ground.

The Magma Magician attempted to approach the fallen Mirror Guardian. Connie, knowing that the crimson-robed man will try to finish her off, put one hand on the ground, and her feet began glowing red. She swung her body; raising her hands out of the way and placing them back down at the appropriate time. The swing of her body resulted in firing a red shockwave similar to the one that hit Cascadia.

?Do you seriously think that trick will work on me, little girl?? the Magma Magician asked in his dark-sounding tone. He raised up both of his hands, and a near-invisible shield that appeared in front of him negated Connie?s attack.

?What?!? Connie shouted in shock.

Mariah then stepped up with her Mirror Wand in hand. ?Maybe I should take care of this guy!?

Mariah aimed her Wand so that the wings on the Pokeball were aimed at the Magma Magician. The purple gem began to glow and fired a bizarre light that was similar to the attack Venonat used on Treecko in her earlier battle. However, the Magma Magician once again raised his hands to summon his shield, and the Signal Beam fizzled out upon contact on it.

?This is not good,? moaned Mariah.

The Magician created another orb, but this time he split it into two orbs with tiny flames surrounding them.

?It?s time to end this,? he whispered.

?Not quite?? Mirror Mariah said softly but determinedly. She slowly got up but occasionally moaned in pain.

?You?d better take it easy,? Cascadia advised to the Mirror Guardian after noticing a burn on her leg.

?This is for the good of everyone of the Hoenn Mirror World!? Mirror Mariah stated in a serious tone.

Mariah and Connie watched in surprise as a Wand similar to Mariah?s appeared in Mirror Mariah?s hand. Unlike the Mirror Wand, the wings on the sides of the white Pokeball pointed downward like an angel?s wings. The platinum-colored stick attached to the Pokeball glittered like the diamonds on the Pokeball.

?You have another one of those Mirror Wands?? Mariah asked her ?doppelganger?.

?It?s my Crystal Wand,? Mirror Mariah told the Hoenn Mirror Girl, ?Wait till you see what this baby can do.?

The Magma Magician became bored with the situation and fired his two orbs at Mariah and Mirror Mariah.

Despite her burn, Mirror Mariah stepped up and aimed her Crystal Wand at the crimson-robed foe. One of the diamonds on the Pokeball began glowing, and a sparkling stream of water doused the two orbs.

?How?s that?? Mirror Mariah beamed, ?Lord Steven taught me that personally!?

?Wow?? an impressed Mariah replied.

Cascadia and Connie didn?t say anything, but the Magma Magician didn?t appear too amazed. ?So you two girls can perform Pokemon attacks like Water Gun and Signal Beam? Hah! Don?t think it?ll be enough--?

The crimson-robed magician cut himself short. He then turned into the opposite direction and clenched his fists in anger.

?Argh!? he growled, ?the Mirror Marine Museum! I can?t believe that I suddenly forgot about it! Those blasted Aqua Sorcerers must have arrived there a long time ago!?

A mirror with a fiery red flame appeared besides the magician.

?Until the next time we meet, farewell!? he told the girls before he jumped into the mirror before it vanished.

The four girls were bewildered by the Magma Magician?s sudden exit, but then the mentioning of the Mirror Marine Museum came back to their minds.

Cascadia placed her hands over Mirror Mariah?s burn. The mermaid began to glow, and the bright blue light slowly began to connect to Mirror Mariah. When the glow died down, Mirror Mariah noticed that her burn was gone. An impressed Mirror Mariah started to thank Cascadia but said nothing after seeing the former Aqua Sorceress?s troubled expression.

?I have a bad feeling about this,? a worried Cascadia sighed, ?the Aqua Sorcerers are going to steal some artifact that?ll get them closer to finding the Pokemon of the Sea. After that they?ll--?

?Yeah, yeah, yeah,? Connie rudely interrupted, ?Like we?ll listen to someone like you! You?re probably going to make us go to this stupid museum so you?ll have us where you want us! Well, guess what? We don?t need to be involved in your stupid mission of making more water! Go jump into a skillet or something.?

?Connie!? Mariah snapped.

?It?s already bad enough that we have to find some stupid pieces of glass,? Connie harshly continued, ?I mean, seriously. Who?s stupid enough to let some of the shards get away, let alone letting the Golden Gateway broke in the first place??

?Connie, cut it out already!? the Mirror Guardian barked.

Cascadia angrily extended her arm behind her, and a mirror with a watery blue frame appeared.

?I don?t know about you,? Cascadia sternly told the other girls, ?but I?m going to the Mirror Marine Museum before things get out of hand there. If you want to go with me, feel free, but I can?t take being treated like a criminal any longer.? And with that, Cascadia went into the mirror before it faded away.

Mariah and Mirror Mariah just looked at each other trying to figure out what to do, but Connie impatiently paced around.

?Can?t we just forget about Fish Face and look for the other shards already?!? Connie demanded, ?this is a waste of time!?

Mirror Mariah just shook her head. ?I don?t know why, but I feel that destiny?s playing a part here.?

?What do you mean?? Mariah wondered.

?Well, you were the only one who recently read the text on the back of the wing,? Mirror Mariah informed the Hoenn Mirror Girl, ?Sure, anyone could read it, but I guess that the reason you became the way you are now is because you? seem to have some sort of purpose here. Unfortunately, I don?t know what it is?? Shadow Mariah then came to the Mirror Guardian?s mind. ?Maybe it?s the ?story? that she mentioned back at Dewford Cavern??

After a pause, Mirror Mariah closed her eyes and held out her hands. Suddenly, a golden mirror with wings on the sides of the frame came into form.

?Uh? where are we going?? Mariah asked.

Mirror Mariah turned to Mariah and Connie with a serious expression on her face.

?To the Mirror Marine Museum.?

***​

Cobalt was near the reception desk of the Mirror Marine Museum, which was currently swarmed by Aqua Sorcerers. He tapped his foot, looked at his fellow sorcerers as they carried on their work, and sighed.

?Man, I hope the boss gets here soon,? the young, pale-skinned Aqua Sorcerer complained, ?Ever since that mermaid quit the team, it?s been all work and no play to the extreme. Plus this other job is sorta wearing me out. I just hope that this so-called ?dark spirit that caused the sky to turn black as night to strike fear into the hearts of his opponents? can help me out here.?

?Cobalt,? a female voice called to him.

Cobalt turned his attention to a girl who appeared to be in her late teens. ?What is it, Water Sapphire?? he asked.

?It doesn?t look like anything?s here,? the blue-robed girl sighed with disappointment, ?We?ll do a double check, though.?

?Whatever,? Cobalt responded to the blue-violet haired girl.

Just then, the ten-year-old Aqua Sorcerer felt a strand of his whitish-blue hair being yanked off. He winched and squeaked in pain as he saw the strand between Water Sapphire?s fingers.

?It?ll help if you gave us a hand, you slacker,? Water Sapphire responded with an annoyed expression.

Cobalt sighed, put his hands on his hips, and shook his head. ?Fine. I?ve got nothing better to do. With the two of us being the only elite ranks since the mermaid quit--?

Cobalt was immediately cut off when he noticed a death glare in Water Sapphire?s indigo eyes. ?Don?t EVER mention that nutcase!?

?Sorry,? Cobalt apologized with an embarrassed smile and a shrug.

Just then, several Magma Magicians stormed into the blue marble-clad museum.

?Blast it!? one of the red-robed magicians growled upon seeing Cobalt and Water Sapphire, ?We?re too late!?

?Lookie here,? Cobalt chuckled, ?The firemen are back for another round.?

?You little brat!? another Magma Magician yelled angrily as he approached the two Aqua Sorcerers.

?Never thought I?d see you again,? Water Sapphire told the Magma Magician with a sly smile.

The Magma Magician just looked at Water Sapphire. ?I never thought that you?d lose one of your Elites,? he responded.

Water Sapphire turned away from him. ?She was one of our best. We were so close until? she lost her mind??

Just then, a blue mirror with a water-like frame appeared in the middle of the room. The bright glow that came from it caused everyone to cover their eyes, but when the glow died down, they were surprised.

Cascadia looked at the Aqua Sorcerers and the Magma Magicians with rage and regret towards both teams.

?Well, the fish chick decided to come back,? Cobalt grinned, ?if you managed to get us anything about what we?re looking for, we?ll forgive ya.?

Cascadia extend her arm toward the group and showed them the palm of her gloved hand. An orb began to form in it and slowly increased in size.

?Ocean Chain!?

The orb was then shot toward the group and exploded into many bubbles. Once the bubbles approached the unsuspecting Magicians and Sorcerers, they formed a long chain that trapped them all together.

?I?m guessing you?re not gonna rejoin the team?? Cobalt said with disappointment.

Cascadia nodded. ?What both of you have planned could threaten all of the Hoenn Mirror World, and I can?t let this go on anymore.?

The Magma Magician who was talking with Water Sapphire began glowing red. The bubbles that surrounded him and the others began to turn into steam. Within a few seconds, the bubbles vanished into vapor.

?It?ll take a lot more than bubbles to keep me down, Cascadia,? the Magma Magician responded coldly.

?Rubyfire?? Cascadia whispered in slight anger.

Rubyfire turned to his fellow Magma Magicians. ?Search for any information on the Land Pokemon here. We?ll meet outside.?

The Magma Magicians nodded at this and headed off in several directions. Meanwhile, Rubyfire had his crimson eyes locked on Cascadia, Water Sapphire, and Cobalt.

?Listen,? the former Aqua Sorceress told her ex-teammates and the Magma Magician, ?what all of you are doing will severely throw off the balance of nature. If you know what?s good for you, you?ll stop this plan and just give up your goal for the sake for humans and Pokemon everywhere.?

?I can?t believe that you still think that your vision is right,? Water Sapphire sighed as she folded her arms, ?this whole world depends on the sea. That is why we exist. We are doing this for the benefit of humans and Pokemon. Also, if the sea was expanded, then you?ll never have to use your psychic abilities or your human form again because the land won?t exist.?

?Typical response from an Aqua Sorceress!? Rubyfire countered with a scoff, ?if there wasn?t any land, then how would the humans survive? And I?m referring to the humans who CAN?T breathe underwater. Also, what about the Pokemon who can?t survive in the water? The sea is useless. The land should be a much larger concern!?

?Well, there are some fish-human hybrids like Cascadia who aren?t lucky enough to survive out of the water,? Cobalt argued, ?Also, there?s a number of Water-type Pokemon who can?t live on land! Ever thought of that, genius?! Face it. The Hoenn Mirror World?s better off flooded.?

?FLOOD THIS!? Rubyfire cupped his hands, and a circle of red rings began to form. The circle began to spin as Rubyfire shot it toward Cobalt. However, the young Aqua Sorcerer raised his arms, and a wall of water gushed from the ground to douse the burning red loop.

?Is that all ya got?? Cobalt conceitedly asked Rubyfire.

Cascadia felt that a fight was going to happen, but before Rubyfire could use another attack, a streak of red whizzed right by the four and slammed into a pole. The two Aqua Sorcerers, the teenage mermaid, and Rubyfire turned in the red streak?s direction and saw that it was only a red arrow.

?Where the heck did that thing come from?? Cobalt wondered.

?It doesn?t look like a usual Magma Magician attack,? Rubyfire pointed out upon closer inspection.

Just then, a golden mirror appeared. Mariah, Mirror Mariah, and Connie suddenly fell out of it (and on top of each other) before it vanished.

?What are you guys doing here?? Cascadia asked the three girls.

?Well, we wanted to get to the bottom of this,? Mirror Mariah replied with a slight moan of pain.

The three girls got up just in time to see who just shot the arrow. Shadow Mariah, with a black and grayish-blue chicken-like Pokemon beside her, jumped off an exhibit that looked like a blue submarine-like Pokemon with red markings.

?It?s her!? Mariah and Mirror Mariah shouted in unison.

As soon as Shadow Mariah and her Pokemon landed, she aimed a fiery red bow and arrow right at Marian and Mirror Mariah.

?Hey, wait!? Mariah exclaimed, ?I thought you were on our side!?

Shadow Mariah looked at Mariah with a strange look in her dark brown eyes. One part of her didn't want to attack her after what she did back at Dewford Cavern, but the other part couldn't trust Mariah fully yet. Finally, Shadow Mariah walked closer to Mariah.

?Sorry...? the Shadow Mirror Guardian sighed in regret, ?but I...don't think...I can...trust you...?

Everyone?s eyes grew in surprise when Shadow Mariah shot the arrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back