• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Connections: New Dawn (M) (OOC)

Years

• kokoroconnectlogo_zps5c81a310.png

Connections: New Dawn

Saturday the 26th of July, 2014. For most it is just another day but for others it will hold more significance.
    The small city of Beati, not far from London, is known for having one of the lowest crime rates in the United Kingdom and for its generally well integrated, multicultural societies. The city has an active governing body, well-kept parks, libraries and community centres and a convenient public transport system that makes it easy not only to navigate Beati itself but also to travel to larger nearby cities.

Despite all these positives however, there's been a noticeable change in the youth of Beati. The youth of the city are becoming increasingly troubled and restless, despite the generally peaceful nature of Beati the number of troubled young people in the area is rapidly increasing. Bullying is becoming more common and severe, more teenagers are committing crimes ranging from shoplifting to drug use seeing a notable increase in the crime rate of the city and in the last three months there have been an unusually high number of seriously violent attacks and suicides. Knowing that the happy city of Beati was rapidly falling to the level of the larger cities concerned experts acted quickly, taking inspiration from the Wings Program that was enacted in a Canadian city the previous year, a program to help the troubled youth of Beati called New Dawn was created.

Operating out of Helen's Street Community College, a secondary school that is relatively central in the city, New Dawn hopes to encourage the beginnings of a healthier and happier community of young people in Beati to keep the city safe, pleasant and productive in the future. The program functions simply enough, small groups of young people are placed under the guardianship of a youth councillor and encouraged to act as a social circle and as a support group. The groups, whilst under the watchful eyes of their councillor, participate in social and community events, get to know each other through discussion and have group support sessions eventually fostering friendships transcending race, religion, status and whatever problems have befallen the participants in the program fostering a happy future for Beati.

The New Dawn program, is perhaps an excellent idea but it is also for an ideal target for a menacing being that has been lurking in the shadows of humanity for thousands of years – influencing us and doing terrible things to us simply to alleviate its boredom. Heartseed as this being calls itself, has no understanding of empathy and it doesn't care about the devastation in wreaks on our lives it simply wishes to amuse itself with our misfortune, and it is about to strike again.

Heartseed will soon make itself known to your group in the New Dawn program, unleashing strange supernatural phenomenon on you and your peers that will wreak havoc in your already damaged lives and cause struggles that you could not even imagine. You can tell nobody, because nobody will believe you. Your only hope for making it through the trials before you will be to band together as a group, forging strong connections between yourselves to make it through the dilemma. The problem is, this will be much easier said than done, Heartseed will make sure of it.

Gameplay

Like the original Connections, New Dawn is based off of the Kokoro Connect anime series, however knowledge of the franchise is not necessary to enjoy the roleplay. New Dawn combines chapter-based and sandbox elements.
    New Dawn will be separated into chapters lasting a few IC days. Each chapter will feature a new supernatural phenomenon instigated by Heartseed. It is entirely up to you when you want your character to experience the effects of a phenomenon, although some will effect multiple players at once – for those permission from the other affected characters player is needed. GMs do reserve the right to instigate phenomena ourselves should we think it is necessary, but this unlikely. Furthermore, only the GMs will play as Heartseed at any point.

Heartseed communicates by possessing others and speaking through them. This will primarily be done using the NPC councillor assigned to your characters' group. At some points though we might request to use your character for this.

Rules

1. Obey all forum rules
    2. GM word is law
    3. Don't godmod or bunny without permission.
    4. Aim to post once a week. We are understanding that this isn't always possible, but we think everyone should try for it.
    5. You may create lesser NPCs at will, but not those integral to the RP.
    6. This RP has an M rating. Please do not abuse it.
    7. Be respectful and try to have fun.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name:
    Nicknames (if any):
    Appearance: You may include an image but a decent written description is required.
    Personality:
    History:
    Other:
    RP Sample: You can either write as a day in the life as your character, or link us to a good post from another RP you have participated in.
    Note: History and Personality are incredibly important for this RP.

Chapters

Accepted Characters

1. Leonard Shawn (Nauje)
    2. Devon Lliam (Gimmepie)
    3. Karter Devven (Tyler1616)
    4. Murphy Edgson (Xilfer)
    5. Heather Rockford (Albunnie)
    6. Dareon Baker (GastlyGibus)
    7. Sophia Sokolova (Geras32)
    8. Parker Jose Espinoza (Chalifoux)

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Ok, if someone else puts up a completed SU before me, darn, but at least ill be the first to reserve.

Name: Karter Devven
    Nicknames (if any): Kurt
    Age (13-19): 15
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Other:
    RP Sample:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Jumpin' in with a reservation while I have the chance. Had to quit two other RPs for this

I should have my SU up today or sometime within next week I suppose. Can't say when as exams are coming up.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I would also like to reserve a spot as well. Got to say, it caught my eye.

Edit: Thinking better of it now! Kinda need to focus on some other stuff first. If another spot ever comes up in the future, be sure to contact me. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh bananas, this is what happens when I hesitate. I'll just be watching... From the shadows... Like a ninja. *Disappears in a smoke cloud* You didn't see anything...

Years
  • haha sorry Shay, I'll let you know if a place opens up.
    Guys I have started on my SU, I'll be re-imagining my last Connections character. :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • You know, on second thoughts it's lookin like my schedule is worse than I thought. >.> All this week should be spent on exam preparation because next week is exams. -___- What an untimely time for a reservation.

I can guarantee I'll be free on... next Wednesday, I believe it was. Last exam and then Summer FTW! So I can start on an SU then. Sorry for the holdup!

Feel free to start without me if it comes to that. lol

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • You know, on second thoughts it's lookin like my schedule is worse than I thought. >.> All this week should be spent on exam preparation because next week is exams. -___- What an untimely time for a reservation.

I can guarantee I'll be free on... next Wednesday, I believe it was. Last exam and then Summer FTW! So I can start on an SU then. Sorry for the holdup!

Feel free to start without me if it comes to that. lol

Concentrate on your exams mate! If you promise you can work on your SU some time next week then you can keep your reservation till then.

I'll try start on my character today too, though it'll be someone different this time around than the original Connections.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • This looks interesting! I'm gamed!

Name: Terra

Appearance: A small teenage girl with freckles that are only noticeable if you're close. She has deep green eyes with chocolate brown hair that reaches halfway to her back. She's lean and has them "man hands". She has a tight square jaw and has a very bony body.

Personality: She's a very pessimistic person; mainly because she hasn't hit growth spurt yet and sees all the violence around her. She's short tempered, and she will go all animal on you if you get enraged. She will attack anyone based on self defense and lost her morality a long time ago. She's stubborn and only does what she thinks is suitable, although deep inside she knows that she's lonely.

History: Living in an orphanage for her whole life until 12, she was forced to give up her food to the bullies due to her size. They would constantly nag her and beat her up for they viewed her as a weakling. She would usually shout and insult them instead of hitting them, therefore resulting in more beating. One day she had enough and hit a boy in the jaw. His eyes went blank and he never woke up. The headmaster came to check and she confirmed his death. The police came right away but Terra was already planning an escape. Pretending to go to the restroom, she ran outside and crawled through the fence, which was no problem due to her size. She ran and ran and never looked back towards her torture. She waited til night to rob a local beauty store and stole some products to change her red hair and she dyed it brown. She dyed her hair until not even the rain could wash it out. Ever since then, she's been on the streets but never dared to attend to school of fear to be recognized. Two years later, she's had a pretty good life; she has enough food for survival and uses an abandoned house as her home. Of late, she's been feeling temptation to rob local shops and houses but resisted in fear of getting busted by cops. The feeling comes and goes and she can't fight it for much longer. Then she hears about the New Dawn program and although she doesn't want to be around people, it is at least far away from where she comes from. She takes the risk and goes to the school, walking of course.

Other: Every July on the fifth, she always dreams about voices that she doesn't recognize and can't tell what they're saying. Terra gave up on deciphering the dream.

RP Sample: Pokemon Rising Shadow

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Just an update, well, a 90% done update

Name: Karter Devven
    Nicknames (if any): Kurt
    Age (13-19): 15

Appearance: He has long, black hair that reaches the bottom of his neck, hazel eyes, and sharp eyebrows. He is about 6'0 and weighs 125 lbs. He also has bulky arms and a tall torso. He often wears a white t-shirt to show off his muscles. He also wears baggy blue jeans, and red running shoes. He also is always wearing his sunglasses. They never leave his face unless he is in a dark room, or sleeping.

Personality: By many, Karter is considered a cocky prick, and they aren't completely wrong. His sunglasses are his ego. If someone is being rude to him or his friends, and his sunglasses are on, there is a flow of smart remarks and retorts. However, there is a select few who see his friendly, fun loving side, where he isn't a complete jerk. This is a select few, although. He still has a fan base, so if someone he dislikes goes to the same party or public function, they are 'asked' to leave.

History: Ill do it soon :{

Other: He ALWAYS wears his sunglasses. Also, kinda lame for using one of your other rps as a sample, but i already used never split the party for Fragmented, and my posts on tinted arent the longest.

RP Sample: excerpt from Fragmented (Chapter One)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • @Cabbage - Sorry but we are full.

@Tyler - Try to add as much to the history and personality as possible. Try for at least two paragraphs is you can because personality and history are key in this RP. Nice work so far though.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

• EllieCarney

Appearance:
    Standing at around the average female height, Ellie is a solid five-foot-four. She has a body type leans more towards the skinnier side, but is packed with lean muscle built up from hours upon hours of soccer training. While she is thin, the young woman has enough assets to make one look twice. Her hair is a platinum blonde color and reaches all the way down to the small of her back. Equipped with her striking red eyes and bright white smile, she's found herself in many a Beati boy's fantasy.

As for her attire, she prefers to just wear her school uniform even after her academic schedule is over. However when she isn't, she sports some sort of sweater with skinny jeans to compliment her body ;D. Ellie attempts to always keep her left arm covered to conceal the blemishes that line the inside of her arm.

Personality:
    As bubbly as boiling water, Ellie is almost never quiet and when she is you'll more often than not find a grin on her face. She has the ability to make a simple conversation last hours and makes friends extremely quickly. While just based upon her physical appearance, one may believe her to be an uptight princess, but there is a genuine happiness and sweetness that she possesses which has made her quite popular throughout the community. There is just an uncanny likability about the girl.

While she is a very pleasant and kind young woman, her moral compass isn't entirely up to par with that of the average person. While she doesn't go around hurting others for any reason Ellie sees no wrong in doing things that are against the law as long as they don't harm anyone other than herself. But if she were to find that those things she does were hurting those around her she would feel immense amounts of guilt and shame as while laws and rules don't matter to her the well being of others does.

History:
    For most of her life, Ellie lived very comfortably. She was the only child in a household with two doting parents who both worked hard to provide for her. Even as a youngster she was the happiest girl around, always with a skip in her step and a penchant for a chat. At school she wasn't the brightest light bulb, but she would study hard and try her best which usually resulted in an average grade.

While she wasn't so successful in her academics she excelled in the social aspects of her life. She was the one girl who was friends with basically everyone. No matter how popular or lame one was considered Ellie would reach out and befriend anyone she met. She also shone on the football field. Starting from a young age her work ethic came through and she improved drastically into one of the better players in the area.

Ellie's life was perfect as far as she could see going into high school. She had plenty of friends, a devoted family, and a talent for the sport she loved. As she entered these times there was plenty of unfamiliar things to be dealt with and one of those was partying. Naturally as one of the more popular teens of her age, she was frequently invited to parties and kickbacks which she gladly obliged to.

At her first kickback a close friend of hers offered her a joint to which she hesitantly accepted. After meeting many a burnout there was a slight wariness she had before taking that first puff, but after all doubts of taking it went away. The high was unlike anything she had imagined it to be. While she knew it was technically wrong and against the law it wasn't as if she was hurting anyone, so it didn't bother her in the slightest.

Life went on as it had before just with the smoking of a blunt whenever possible. Her grades still weren't great and were gradually lowering as she had less time to focus on studying, but she was doing just as fine as she had been doing on the football field. That was until after a string of parties another friend offered something a little stronger at a kickback. Black tar heroin, promises of the strongest high that she would ever feel were ever so tempting to accept, but Ellie turned it down in fear of becoming another junkie on the street.

However, as she went on with her daily routine there was always the longing to try at the back of her mind. It wasn't as if she were hurting anyone... was it? After much debate with herself she broke. The next weekend she sought out that friend and was greeted with a spoon, a lighter, and a needle. Ellie had no idea what to do with them, but was quickly taught and filled with euphoria in an instant. It was the greatest feeling she had ever felt.

She had only tried it once, but the young woman was hooked. She sought out more and more until eventually she was using every other day. Grades plummeted. Sports plummeted. Even her relationships started to deteriorate, as many of her friends tried to convince her to give it up while she just continued on.

There was nothing wrong with what she was doing. At least that was what Ellie would tell herself when she was locked away in her room. It had gotten to a point where she didn't even need to get high around her friends, she would just use by herself, shutting herself off from everyone else. This wasn't really her, but it was changing her. There was a lack of motivation in doing anything and just a general apathy towards her life. Even her body was taking a toll as she had lost a drastic amount of weight and track marks lined the inside of her left arm.

Ellie's parents had noticed her strange behavior, but each day it worsened. Instead of her usual cheery self she was now lethargic and occasionally lashed out at them. At first they thought maybe it was just how she was growing as a teen, but it was apparent that there was something much more sinister in the works.

It was just another evening about half a year since the girl had started her addiction. The Carney's had gotten home from working and Ellie's mother had cooked dinner for the family. As strange as the teen's behavior had been she was most often ready for supper with the household. They called her name, but there was no answer. Having enough of it her mum stormed up the stairs and to her daughter's room.

What she found she would have never imagined and if her motherly reflexes didn't kick in she would have broke down right then and there. There was an incredibly cluttered room and in the middle of it all was a bed and on it sat a spoon, a needle, a lighter, and her daughter drowning in her own vomit.

It was all a blur, but in almost an instant Ellie was rushed to the hospital. She survived, although as the doctors said she would have been lost if she was found an moment later. Ellie awoke, groggily to the worried faces of her parents along with a huge group of friends that packed the small corridors of her hospital room. As she realized what had happened she whipped her head towards her parents wondering what their reaction would be.

They sat by her bed, together crying tears of joy that their little girl was going to be fine. The bed ridden girl tried to breathe a sigh of relief, but a lump caught her throat and she started choking up as tears rolled down her face. It took her a moment to realize what she had done to those around her, the ones that spent their heart and soul loving and taking care of her. It was now apparent just how "harmless" her addiction was.

There was no anger or scolding. Just a promise to never use again. There was no rehabilitation center around the town of Beati, so the family supported their daughter in anyway possible. It was a strenuous process for Ellie to stop herself especially when she went through withdrawal. Many nights were spent in her mother's arms sobbing, sweating profusely, and vomiting. But with the support of her friends and family she was able to endure through it all.

Now six months sober, an opportunity has arose itself. The New Dawn program a potential fresh start to reconnect with society, was suggested to Ellie whom happily accepted with the encouragement of her friends and family, with little idea of what was in store of her there. O.o

Rp Sample:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8152725&postcount=35

Back