• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#20: The Pika-Clone Wars

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
  • Hey everybody, and welcome back for the 20th edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Polls! Make sure that when posting, you're following all section and forum-wide rules, especially:
    Don't just list- expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be deleted, and could be up for a warning or an infraction if it becomes a recurring issue.
    This week, our poll was suggested to us by gimmepie, so let him know if you liked the idea! And for those of you that were unaware, any time you submit a potential POTW idea to myself via VM, PM, or with your response in this thread (and your poll gets used), you can earn a special emblem. But with all that out of the way, on to this week's poll question:

Which are your favorite Electric rodent Pokémon?

With everything after the originals being dubbed "Pika-clones," it should be interesting to see if Pikachu can reign supreme, or if one of the other Pokemon proves to be more popular. Either way, let the voting begin!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I voted for Pichu, Pachirisu and Emolga. Pichu is cute, maybe quite useless but still does have a cute design. Pachirisu is weak, but she's also cute, and I like how she's portrayed in the anime! Emolga has potential in competitive battling, I think, like Dedenne - but I like Emolga's design more.

Years
  • I love all of them, but especially Pachirisu and Emolga due to how adorable the anime portrayed them. Pachirisu's design is kinda cute, even if everything else about it is mediocre at best. As for Emolga, it's the only one lacking a Ground weakness due to its Flying-type and boy it's one of my fave Pokemon to pet in Pokemon Amie.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Everyone one but the electric duo from Hoenn. They are the worst rip offs by far. So was Pachurisu, but I'm okay with that cute little one. Raichu at least came in handy in Pokemon Conquest and Heart Gold. Emolga and Dedenne are at least useful by being duo types, one a flying type, the other a fairy that can kill the dragon. Do not be mad at me for voicing my voice.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I like the clones PAST Hoenn. Pachurisu was cute enough, so I tolerated it. Emolga was pretty cool also being a flying-electric squirrel. It was also cool in competitve, despite how underrated it is. Dedenne is awesome, it's cute and useful. And omergerd the anime adaptation is adorable(guys can fangirl too), and its fairy typing and design is everything Pikachu isn't(I don't like Pikachu that much)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Pikachu and Raichu, simply because they're more useful than the later Pika-clones in some way. As cute as Dedenne and Pachirisu are, they're just not that good. But I do like the personality of Clemont's Dedenne in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I hate these things so much goddddddd

I only like Raichu. I always thought it was so much cooler than Pikachu and I really wanted Ash to evolve his Pikachu, but we all know how that goes. The rest are just so dumb... Plusle and Minun are almost identical to Pichu, Pachirisu is devil spawn, Emolga is sometimes a pain in the ass to deal with (volt switch everyone), and then Dedenne is just whatever to me. All useless all have me wondering why they waste time making a pika-clone every generation.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Pikachu and Raichu are two of my favourite Pokemon of all time. The Pika-clones don't even come close, though I do like Dedenne.

Years
  • I loooove Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne; they're all so adorable ;-; I especially like how Emolga and Dedenne aren't pure Electric like the rest of the Pikaclones. I'm disappointed that Dedenne currently can't learn many Fairy moves (and that its only offensive one is physical), but I enjoyed using it in XY. As for Emolga, I found the ones Elesa had annoying as hell, but I still like it a lot anyway XD I was also going to use it once, but I stopped my playthrough and later restarted the game. Still, I like it enough that I may try using it again at some point.

Pachirisu I mostly like because it's a cute squirrel and has the best shiny color palette of all the clones (in my opinion). Plus, I have a fond memory of catching a team of six Pachirisus with Pickup just to try and acquire a Dusk Stone so I could evolve a Misdreavus and Murkrow in Pearl. (You can only find one Dusk Stone before post-game unless you used Pickup.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pikachu and Raichu <3 They will probably always be my favorite mouse-like pokémon. Sandshrew and Cyndaquil come close though ;) Raichu has a design that is at the same time adorable and pretty badass and it's always been useful for me in the games. It was a pity when I couldn't evolve my Pikachu in Yellow, haha. But Pikachu is just too "pokémon" to not like, somehow. It's not exactly overrated imo. It just happens to be everywhere - although not as much these days as early days of pokémon. There are many more recognizable pokémon characters now I believe, so Pikachu isn't the only way to go.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I'm one for the classics, so pikachu and raichu are the ones I tend to go for haha. if I really had to choose, I would pick raichu. mainly because he is a lot more useful. as for the others, I have been a fan of the plusle minun pair, but I dont like them enough to give them a vote in the pole :P

Years
  • I've said it before in the Electric Rodents fanclub, but Emolga is my absolute favourite. I think the fact he was a semi-major character in the new mystery dungeon game helped raise him to the top of my list; he's just such an adorable awesome character.

Years
  • I've made a team of these little guys. Totally cute. I love Pikachu, obviously, and the other ¨copies¨ took awhile to grow on me. They seem a bit shortchanged compared to the pika line in terms of movesets

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Pachirisu is my all-time favourite of the Pika clones, despite not actually caring about Dawn's one in the anime. From my first experience of Platinum, Pachirisu was in my team when I first encountered one because it seemed rather strong at that time. As the journey went on, little Lexi (Her nickname) did occasionally drag behind in terms of power, but it was okay because she made up by picking me up items and wrecking the Water gym for me later.

Sure, Pachirisu may not have the power to match the other Pika-clones, but I feel its the best one so far, better than Pikachu by far for me. But not Raichu, I'll admit Raichu is better but Pachi is my favourite.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • How is Dedenne not winning?
    ????????

Spoiler:

It's the best rodent ever. Just look at those gifs and you'll be upset that you didn't vote for it earlier :P Besides, it looks more like a rodent than all of the others imo

Years
  • Gotta go with Raichu! Raichu has always been my favorite electric type, and I seem to always have one on my teams in game. It's design is absolutely awesome, and it's strong too! Raichu is just the best imo n_n

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • Pachirisu for me. It won so many contests for me in Sinnoh, and was quick with dishing out attacks. Despite the anime rendition, it's a super adorable pokemon

Years
  • Personally, I voted for all of them before 5th Gen for a myriad of reasons:

1. Pika line; although Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, I do have some attachment to his line outside of that; I have an entire family (as in eight or nine) of Pichu-Raichu from me and my sis playing SoulSilver and going on a breeding rampage all named after Pepsi or some variation thereof (eg Pepse, Pepsey, Pepsei)-I kid you not.
    I also recently picked up a Pikachu for my X playthrough, and it served me pretty well.

2. Minun & Plusle; I can't really find out why I like these guys as much as I do, apart from the fact they're cute. Maybe because of nostalgia back in the days when I judged Pokemon based solely on how cute they were. Maybe it's because of how they're themed; the only Pikachu Clones to acutually have one outside of 'electric rat'. They may be the least voted for (as of 18/7/14) but they're still awesome to me.

3. Pachirisu; other than how I loooooooooove how its name sounds aloud, this one is a bit of an odd choice for me, since I don't really have any fond memories regarding it in game. However, back when I lived closer to Japan, my mom came home from traveling for work one day with a Pachirisu toy for me (not a plush, a slightly fuzzy hard toy) that I nicknamed 'Defense'. Unfortunately I lost it, but I loved it while I had it.

I never really liked the Pikachu clones after that; you can't spell 'Emolga' without a 'GA' of frustration, and I have a personal vendetta against Fairy types right now (uncounterable fudgers) and Dedenne just looks...weird. I can't put my finger on it, but it just looks...eckh.

Ga, that took a looooong time to type...

Back