• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I clicked it. The only out-of-place thing was that Hex Maniac that appeared behind me from nowhere, walked away, and said "No... Your not the one..." or something like that.
    No...that's not right...

On another note, so wednesday we'll have another thread for sure? It would be tentacool if we could have one of the mods sticky it in the BTB on top so people see it... also, i would like there not to be a rotation of types, i like mine? Or at least there to be rotation for people who wants there to be one...
    I see what you did there. I can't Bayleef you went there.

My team is finally in the simultaneous training phase - or at least some of them. Polar's itching for a fight, so I'm trying to get them ready while he's here. One move comes at a very high level, though.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • No...that's not right...

I see what you did there. I can't Bayleef you went there.

My team is finally in the simultaneous training phase - or at least some of them. Polar's itching for a fight, so I'm trying to get them ready while he's here. One move comes at a very high level, though.

Sounds good dude. I have my team ready, and my alternative pokemon ready as well. Supposedly we will be able to rotate pokemons (not types), every so often... two weeks? Three? It would be tentacruel not to :/

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • lol yeahhhh, I'd kinda like to settle our ongoing misunderstanding about that one match tonight if possible. :P

And Chalifoux; thank you thank you thank you - glad to have your eye :3 Hopefully within the next 2 days we'll be battling challengers and tweaking rules and stuff before finally launchinggg, either this weekend or next I'd imagine. ^^ It's close though. Certainly close.

On type rotations, UM. See, I think Cakesu is making the bades based on the type matchups. Which is cool; but at the same time - for all her work, we'd probbbbably wanna stick with these types for at least a while haha. Or maybe have more generic badges, based more loosely on types, and more on positions in the league.

On pokemon rotation, I thought we'd come to an agreement that leaders can change pokemon as often as they please, so long as it fits their typings, and they don't counter pick challengers every time? :x If not my bad haha. I remembered seeing that a few pages back.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm running into a problem that recommended moves are not available to me. They're tutored moves. So much for that plan. I really hope we get Move Tutors in OR/AS; it will improve my team dramatically.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • :x

I uh, all my pokemon are Kalos born. So don't worry about being at a disadvantage for not having Tutor Moves, beeecause I - like I think most people playing competitive on X/Y, don't have them either. Just please for the love of god, level your pokemon in Le Wow, not in friend Safaris, burning chanseys with your Talonflame.... ;-; I thought we set this up at least yesterday...

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • All of your puns are seriously taking me off Gardevoir :#
    But I wouldn't worry about the Tutor Moves, either, as I'm sure most competitive battlers don't have them since that would entail having non-KB Pokemon for most of those moves, as well as getting your flawless 'mons in previous Gens due to such most moves not being breedable on Gen VI and all that stuff ~

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Im slowpoking this late getting my pokes leveled (not my main team).

Glad to have new additions to the league though! Its.. thundershocking...

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • All of your puns are seriously taking me off Gardevoir :#
    But I wouldn't worry about the Tutor Moves, either, as I'm sure most competitive battlers don't have them since that would entail having non-KB Pokemon for most of those moves, as well as getting your flawless 'mons in previous Gens due to such most moves not being breedable on Gen VI and all that stuff ~

^ This. If you go for tutor moves, you almost definitely sacrifice perfect IV's. If you've got the perfect IV's, it's usually because you've bred them in Kalos. ORAS will be the first game to (my speculation here) have both the breeding mechanics to get perfect pokemon, and move tutors. So yay. We'll probably be mixing this whole league bit up a smidge once those games drop. BEST HAVE IT READY BY THEN GUYS. Lol

But hey, Chalifoux - thanks so much for jumping in like this with offers to help. I VM'd you about it too, but I think Euphoric (?) was talking about doing CSS for the page? Not that you can't - but you're probably better off talking to him about it than me. :I I know all the CSS know-how from one year of high school classes, and about 3 months of online practice at www.codeacademy.com. But hey, if you can make our thread look pretty, yay.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    ...that was the weirdest battle I'd ever seen. I thought I should have been wiped out when he was up 4-1 and Greninja was left standing all alone with only 45 HP. Somehow, Dark Pulse kept activating flinching and I ended up winning with a followup knockout move after that. I never would have guessed that happening.

I saved the battle video of this and might tape it on my phone. I'm still trying to figure out how I won. {XD}

I should add that Spikes and Stealth Rock were employed to weaken me. They did the job on Mawile after it got thrown into it two or three times by a whirlwind.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Cyclone... we should really submit that for review. :x

And I still can't say that's a win against me, since counting actual battles, that's 1 for me 1 for you. Because seriously... I'll go find the VM's.

And I'll post this here, AHFG WWWW WWW9 33JN

for anyone who wants to see... I can't even count how many Dark Pulse Flinches that was in a row. The last one on one too, Dark Pulse crit flinch on my final pokemon. I know rng is part of the game, buuuuut - well. Even counting that, again - it's 1 and 1 mate. :L

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, I thought that was a loss. I have no shame in saying that. It was a lucky win on my part, Isn't Dark Pulse supposed to have a 30% flinch rate? That was more like 80% (I think one didn't activate, I'm trying to find how to watch the video).

EDIT: Found it. Taking a look.

Oh cool, it's public now. For a full day you can laugh at how silly this was.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Dark Pulse is actually 10 % flinch rate :x

As to getting it 5 or more times in a row like that, it happens. Rarely, but it happens. Deciding a match single handedly like that though, thaaat just sucks. If you wanna do another singles, I wont' be sore about that happening if you wanna redo that same battle even.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It's 3 AM now, so it's a bit...late ATM. Someone will get up for work here in an hour and I should be asleep when that happens. I'm watching the video ATM and will post the code for others to see.

EDIT: I just realized why you named Excadrill "I hate molds!"

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • It's 3 AM now, so it's a bit...late ATM. Someone will get up for work here in an hour and I should be asleep when that happens. I'm watching the video ATM and will post the code for others to see.

And I'll post this here, AHFG WWWW WWW9 33JN

for anyone who wants to see... I can't even count how many Dark Pulse Flinches that was in a row. The last one on one too, Dark Pulse crit flinch on my final pokemon. I know rng is part of the game, buuuuut - well. Even counting that, again - it's 1 and 1 mate. :L

battle code's there-
    but alright, tomorrow.

PS - anyone who watches, save yourself some time and skip to turn 33 or 35.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Oh, I missed that. I have it under MKDW-WWWW-WWW9-33KT, same video.

The funny stuff begins at turn 37. Here's the call, if you will, for anyone who isn't able to watch.

Metagross has just knocked out Skarmory, and Excadrill uses Drill Run here to finish off Metagross. Greninja gets in, takes stones and spikes (again), and is facing a team of four. Excadrill is immediately swapped for Jellicent, Cursed Body takes out Surf from continued use, and Excadrill pops right back in with Water no longer a factor and very healthy, and is hit by a free Ice Beam move. Dark Pulse hits and causes Excadrill to flinch. Now weak, it's withdrawn on turn 41.

Daisy the Florges enters at half strength and takes the free Dark Pulse (this one didn't count for flinching being a free attack). It uses Wish (...Wish?) while I try to destroy it with Ice Beam. It survives and swaps out for Jellicent, who survives the free Ice Beam (BTW, I typoed Ice Beak here - that should be a bird move) attack and gets partially healed. Dark Pulse flinches it. Ice Beam kills it at turn 45. Somewhere in here, Surf returns.

Excadrill enters to take a single Surf and is out right there.

Daisy returns. Dark Pulse somehow isn't enough at low health...and it flinches. Out at turn 48.

Tomahawk the Staraptor comes in and gets another Dark Pulse (this was an error, Ice Beam would have won immediately)...AND FLINCHES! Greninja pulled out what, IMO, was an impossible upset! I did a good job making sure it got the Speed IVs, but even with that, the first portion of the battle being whirlwinded around pretty much decimated the rest of the team...but I counted I think two times early in the sequence where Polar also had a chance to attack and didn't, letting me pull off the win. If you were keeping score, I got four flinches out of Dark Pulse. What do you folks think?

Last edited:

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • ^ This. If you go for tutor moves, you almost definitely sacrifice perfect IV's. If you've got the perfect IV's, it's usually because you've bred them in Kalos. ORAS will be the first game to (my speculation here) have both the breeding mechanics to get perfect pokemon, and move tutors. So yay. We'll probably be mixing this whole league bit up a smidge once those games drop. BEST HAVE IT READY BY THEN GUYS. Lol

But hey, Chalifoux - thanks so much for jumping in like this with offers to help. I VM'd you about it too, but I think Euphoric (?) was talking about doing CSS for the page? Not that you can't - but you're probably better off talking to him about it than me. :I I know all the CSS know-how from one year of high school classes, and about 3 months of online practice at www.codeacademy.com. But hey, if you can make our thread look pretty, yay.
    Definitely not me, haha. I have no knowledge of CSS.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • Just watched the match between Cyclone and Polar;

Thaaaaaat was some serious jank. Lol. I know RNG is game and all but damn, RNG activated dark pulse's flinch literally every time Greninja used it. 10% CHANCE :x

ANYWAYS, I don't have my ideal team ready but if anyone wants to test their team against me, you can.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Thaaaaaat was some serious jank. Lol. I know RNG is game and all but damn, RNG activated dark pulse's flinch literally every time Greninja used it. 10% CHANCE :x
    To be fair, wouldn't you flinch every time a frog attacked you?

Joking aside, I was laughing at it because I seriously thought I was going to lose that match.

Oh and cyclone- whenever you see this, not sure of you peeked at that VM yet, but is that Fokko's bisharp he traded you in that match?
    Saw it first. Replied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back