• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May I?

Breezy

Eee.
Years
  • May I?

Author: Breezy! With . . . him. -.-

Muddy (teh Swampert): Hi! ^_^ Like WHOAMG, I haven't like, seen you for like, ages! Do you like my like, accent? I'm particulary fond of it really . . .

Gawd . . .

Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance/Humor

Rating: PG - PG13 (language perhaps?)

Summary: A simple trip to Mauville turns into a fun little fair date . . . but is it all what it seems? (Yeah well . . . it sounds better then it does now)

Anyways, welcome to "May I?" . . . again (since the old version here sucked t3h major monkeys)! I figured I might as well fix thy fic a tad while brainstorming for my 2005 updates/fics and such. Plus maybe it'll get you off my back to update. =P Descriptions have been spruced up a bit along with character development (Brendan's not as mushy o_O), but the main plot hasn't changed because I actually like this plot ::hugs plot::. So if you've read Two Choices and have no clue where the heck I pull my info from, here's your chance to catch up. Enjoy . . . again! ^_^

And excuse all the characters I have to introduce btw, they all play an important part in the fic. o_O There's like ... twelve so bare with me k?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter One:
    What is love? Is it someone that you have a great affection for or that person that gives you that funny feeling in the pit of your stomach? Is it someone that makes you feel all woozy if they touch you by accident? Is it the score in tennis when you have zero points? It is true that "love" is all of those things; we can all define it, but does that mean we know what it's like to be loved? Or to be in love?

The autumn sky illuminated her angelic-like face, giving her a glow that no one but her could muster. Her deep sapphire eyes twinkled in the sunlight, the wind gently playing with her shoulder length chestnut hair, running it's invisible hands through each strand. The soft, gentle, rustling of leaves gave her the feeling of calmness, serenity. Her hand was entwined with his as she gave it a little squeeze, and their faces came closer and closer together . . .

"Oh . . . damn! Why do I always wake up at the good parts?" A boy Pok?mon trainer, known as Brendan Birch, cussed to himself as he sat up in his sleeping bag, running a hand through his snowy-white hair, annoyed that he had awoken from his wonderful dream. Trying not to wake up his other traveling companion a few feet away, the young trainer pushed himself out of his sleeping bag, his rear meeting the cold, damp grass.

Breathing in the fresh air, the boy's crimson-red eyes met the true blue of the heavens as cirrus clouds slowly passed by, the golden rays of the sun turning them a soft shade of tawny. Though, the sound of snickers and murmurs disturbed this peaceful picture, and Brendan turned his head, finding a group of Pok?mon huddled together as if in heated discussion.

"Man, he woke up!" he heard one state sadly in its native tongue. "And it was getting juicy too . . ."

"Why does Brendan wake up at the good parts?" another one whined in Pok?mon tongue. "His dreams are like cliffhangers! They just keep on continuing and continuing and- oh! Hey Brendan! Heh . . ." The creature laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

"Muddy . . ." Brendan snapped his head toward the Pok?mon as he warned his Swampert, a smug smile tugging at his lips. "What did I tell you about looking at my dreams?"

"Uh, not to?" the creature that spoke last, now known as Muddy, answered, forcing a fake smile onto his face. He shifted uncomfortably upon the gray boulder which he sat upon, lacing his cerulean-blue paws together, afraid. His light orange whiskers (which were centered perfectly on each side of his face) quivered a bit, his amber eyes watching his trainer tug on his black and red tee shirt.

"And . . . " The boy popped his head out of his t-shirt, watching the Swampert through curious eyes.

"Not to ever?"

"Yeah, but you did anyways. Hmm . . . How can I trust you now?" Brendan asked with annoyance but had a hint of playfulness in it too.

"See, it wasn't my fault exactly," Muddy tried to explain himself. "It was . . . er . . . it was . . . Flare! The chicken did it!" Muddy pointed an accusing paw at Flare, a chicken at least over six feet with red, orange, and toasty tan feathers with bottom feathers that flared out like bell bottoms.

Flare froze in her place for a second, her scarlet eyes filled with nervousness. She dug one of her talons in the soft dirt. "Nuh uh! It was Skittles' idea!" She glanced at the Calm Pokemon, an innocent smile plastered on her face.

Skittles, a Delcatty, shook her head. Her chocolate-brown eyes were filled with amusement as she licked her dark-orange and maroon fur. "It would of been my idea if Sirius over here hasn't suggested it first!" She smiled smugly at the hyena Pok?mon for the two were known for their rivalary, and the fact that they were pretty keen on each other as well.

"What! It wasn't me!" Sirius, a smug and proud Mightyena, barked in protest. He shivered and shook himself at the mere thought, his ebony and gray fur waving back and forth with each movement. "It was . . . Silver! He's the guilty one! I knew he was always . . . buggy." He glared at the cicada through his crimson-red eyes.

"No, really? You think?" Silver answered back sarcastically. He rapidly beat his ash-white wings repeatedly before landing on the head of Flare. His beady, dark-red eyes darted back and forth, staring at each Pok?mon for a quick second, suspicious, clinking his stormy-gray claws together in annoyance. "It's not me Brendan! I'm the most trustworthy Pok?mon on your team and you know it! Well maybe besides Cy but still! Would I ever betray you?"

"Uh, duh?" Muddy replied as if it were obvious.

"Thunderbolt over there started it! He's the perpetrator!" Silver hissed.

Thunderbolt, a Mantetric, glanced up from his lying down position, a bored look in his scarlet eyes. He rested his tawny head upon his saffron and azure paws, his eyes glaring at the grassy ground as if trying to bore holes. "Why would I be interested in an old fart like Brendan?" he commented cooly.

"HEY!" Brendan's Pok?mon, except Cy shouted angrily.

"What? It's true you idiots, admit it," Thunderbolt concluded, "and by the way, it's Sapphire's fault. She's the one who actually thought of it last night before we went to sleep-"

"Uh, no I didn't!" Sapphire retalited sharply, her beacon (which swung back and forth in front of her head) crackling with sparks of bright blue electricity. Water dripped off of her sleek, rubber-like, cerulean skin as she rose from the depths of the crystal-clear lake. "I had nothing to do with this! It was . . . Banana!" she stated, mouthing an apology afterward.

"Ah ha! It is Sapphire! She mouthed a sorry!" Thunderbolt exclaimed.

"It's not her fault," Banana, a Tropius, stated, her head hovering over the Tai's and Cherry's heads. Bunches of Pok?mon berries (mainly Nanabs) hung around her neck, its sweet aroma drifting in the air. "It was those two over here. They convinced Cyto read your dream."

Tai, a flirty little Swellow with navy-blue and red feathers preened back and Cherry, an agile and graceful Beautifly with wings decorated in an array of bright and vibrant colors, glanced at each other, trying to read each others thoughts. "It was . . . HIM!" the two shouted at the same time as they flew over to the lake and hovered over it until a massive shape began to emerge from the lake's water.

"Fine! It was me!" a Gyarados, also known as Hydro, stated. He narrowed his eyes at the rest of the Pok?mon in disgust as water dripped off his cobalt scales. "And I would of gotten away from it too if it weren't for you meddling Pok?mon!"

"Uh, jinkies!" Sapphire stated, diving under water to avoid the gigantic wave Hydro created when he went above surface.

"Zoinks . . ." Flare groaned as the wave hit the Pok?mon on the land. "Just . . . zoinks."

"Oops, sorry," Hydro apologized.

"Cy," Brendan stated as he took off his bandana and wrung the water out of it, "why did you do what Hydro said? You usually don't listen to the other Pok?mon very often, stating that your intelligence might turn them for the worse or whatever."

The mysterious Cy, an Alakazam, only shrugged in return. "I was bored and your dreams make very good soap operas," he remarked cooly as he spun his telekinetic spoons through his hands. "We can turn it into a television show and call it Brendan: the boy with no brain."

"Gee, I'm glad you find my life very entertaining to watch for your pleasure," Brendan replied sarcastically, putting his soggy bandana back on top of his head and tying it down.

"No problem!" Muddy replied, a smile on his face. "Were you being sarcastic?"

"He may of evolved and gotten smarter but his old Marshstomp self is still in there." Flare sighed and slapped her forehead with her sharp claws. "Now we just gotta figured out where it is and get rid of it."

"Figure out where and get rid of what?" someone asked from behind them in a soft voice that traveled with the wind.

"Hi May!" Cherry greeted her trainer warmly as she fluttered off the tree branch she was resting upon to land on her trainer's head. "We were just talking about yo-"

Muddy's eyes widened at the Beautifly's sentence. "Yoga!" Muddy finished for Cherry. "Yoga, that's right. Very . . . uh . . relaxing. Did you know there's an 'O' yoga? I, for one, sure didn't."

"That doesn't surprise me," Flare remarked, grinning cheerfully at the glare the Swamp Pok?mon gave her.

"I'm sure there is." May smiled, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. and running her left hand through her short, chestnut brown hair while straightening the wrinkles out of her t-shirt with her right. "Hey Brendan, we're suppose to go to Wally's before nine remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, I remember alright," Brendan grumbled, frowning at the sound of his long time rival's name. "Wally . . ." he spat out with disgust. "Ugh, I can't believe I just said his name!"

"Did we somehow force you to say his name or something?" Muddy questioned curiously.

"No but-"

"Ah, do not comment on my intelligence, my trainer, for you might only hurt yourself doing so."

"Back at ya!"

"Are you guys ready to go?" May interrupted Brendan and Muddy's quarrel. "It's already seven."

"But it's only a fifteen minute walk to Wally's!" Brendan whined. "And I don't wanna see him when I don't have to yet! That wanna-be trainer! He gets his like tidey-whiteys in a knot when I beat him in a battle! What's the score now? Oh yeah, ten to zip! Who rocks!"

"Not you apparently since I'm the one that won all those battles," Muddy muttered to himself.

"Well, he does have rocks for brains!" Sirius pointed out jokingly.

"And he is hard-headed if you catch my drift," Silver remarked, playing along with Sirius.

". . . Some Pok?mon team I have."

---

The sun peaked over the rolling hills of Verandturf Town, its rays touching the tops of houses as Brendan and May entered the small town, one skipping in the ankle-deep grass, the other trudging through it, head hung low, back hunched over.

In the quiet neighborhood of Pine Crest Drive sat a boy, his feet swinging over the wooden planks of his porch as he gazed admirably at the clouds, his emerald-green eyes sparkling from the golden light of the sun.

Immediately, as both boy and girl trainer entered the town, May squealed and ran toward the boy. "Wally!" she cried out happily to the green-haired trainer who was dressed in a button up white tee and khakis. She bounded up the porch steps and hugged the boy in a tight grip as if she were trying to smother him in love. The boy didn't seem to mind though; in fact, from behind May's back, he grinned evilly at Brendan, hugging the girl tighter in his grasp.

Brendan reached Wally's home and scuffed the ground, glaring ice cold daggers back at the green-haired trainer and scatching his head with his middle finger in Wally's direction.

"So May," the green-haired boy began, letting go of May reluctantly, "oh, and 'Brandon'." Wally, as usual, 'accidently' said Brendan's name wrong. "How's the badges coming along? I've already got my fifth badge-"

"Ha! Were already on our seventh! Beat that 'Walter'!" Brendan also "accidently" mistook Wally's name as he taunted him. "Guess we know who the better trainer is huh May?"

May looked questioningly at Brendan. "Well maybe-"

"Of course I'm the better trainer right May?" Wally asked, putting on his puppy eyes.

"No, aren't I May?" Brendan too put on his puppy eyes.

"Um . . ." May looked at the boy trainers and sighed. "I'm out of here!" She quickly ran into Wally's house, slamming the wooden door behind her.

Brendan and Wally blinked for a minute before starting at it again.

"Look what you did Birch! You made May run away! I was this close too!"

"You were close! HA! In your dreams Wanna-be!"

"Can't you think of any better comebacks!"

"I can!"

"Then try!"

"Well . . . uh . . .you're stupid!"

"You're an idiot!"

"At least I'm not a . . . stupid person!"

"Yeah, well, you're a japanese word for stupid!"

"At least I'm not . . . stupid . . ."

---

May sighed to herself, cuddling in her makeshift bed on the floor. Wally and Brendan were fast asleep, shifting and snoring in their own sleeping bags. Reaching for her bag, she took out a small, red, and white book. She nibbled on the rubber eraser on her pencil, opened the book, and took out a flashlight. She thought for a minute before scribbling down furiously:

Dear Diary,

Well, here I am at Wally's. Brendan and Wally were at it again. I wonder why . . . what's wrong with them? Is there a chip programmed in their brains so whenever they see one another they go insane? I don't know but I'm completely clueless as you are!

May turned off her flashlight and shoved her diary back into her bag. She smiled as she saw the two trainers sleep peacefully; the only time when their not at each other's throats. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate how this fic starts slow. Meh. At least you read it 'til the end lol. Review if ya wanna.

LaTeR dAyZ!

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • *raised eyebrows* Impressive, most impressive. It's nice to see that Wally gets some negative stuff, not all that "poor, sweet little boy who is gonna be the next supreme Pokemon master and hasn't got an enemy in the world", ugh.
    He may of evolved and gotten smarter, but his old Marshstomp self is still in there."
    Comma, comma, comma.
    She smiled smugly at the hyena Pok?mon, for the two were known for their rivalary
    Same as above.
    Last one for now.
    Thunderbolt, a Mantetric, glanced up from his lying down position
    Rebuilder initiated. "Thunderbolt, a Manectric, glanced up from where he was laying,"
    Har, I like humour, it's good fer the heart. SB

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Before i liked wally but he is a sick near dead boy! ahhhhhhhhh![just kiddn].

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • Lol, we know there aren't any good stories out this week if this became ff of the week. :P

Just kidding! ^^; I meant that I was wondering why this yucky fic became ff of t3h w33k.

Last edited:

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • SilverBlaze said:
    Breezy said:
    Lol, we know there aren't any good stories out this week if this became ff of the week.
    That hurt.
    I didn't mean it like that, honest. ^^; In Breezy terms, it means "Why the hell is this crappy fic a ff of the week?", it just came out wrong.

I apologize for not knowing how to say things heh. *goes to edit*

But thank you.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • *assumes injured look* I'll forgive you if and when you get the next chapter up! J/k. It's all right, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that. And when can we expect the next chapter? SB

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • I can post the next chapter whenever I want to since I'm finished with this fic. It's just the manner of if I'm lazy enough to do it. :P Plus I got to edit some of the future chapters.

Until then, enjoy chapter 2. I promise it DOES get better, and if you know me, you know I don't say that anything like that about my fics. =3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 2:
    The sun peaked over the rolling green hills of Veranturf town as the boy slipped his hand into her's, a comforting and relaxing smile on his face. She planted a very chaste kiss on his cheek yet the boy felt like it was special, unique, just for him. The girl smiled warmly, her hair being teased by the northwestern zephyrs, giving her the scent of sweet grass to go with her smell of jasmine. A lingering smirk was held in the young girl's eye as she pushed the boy over and then . . .

"May! Look at this!" Brendan shouted excitedly, shaking the poor girl out of her slumber. It was seven in the morning and we all know how much most girls love their beauty sleep, so combine that with May's somewhat angry mood every now and then and what do you get?

"BRENDAN BIRCH! If you ever wake me up at seven in the morning ever again with no important reason whatsoever, I swear I'll sick Flare on you and make her use her Sky Uppercut to send you to planet Kafloogah! Got that!"

"You heard the lady Birch, shut up!" Wally agreed from his makeshift bed on the couch, throwing his extra pillow at Brendan's head. "Normal people are trying to sleep here!"

"Then why are you still asleep?" Brendan asked curiously, throwing Wally's pillow over his shoulder. "Normal people don't have green hair you know?"

"Not many people have white hair either Brendan," May replied, blinking back sleep from her sapphire eyes. "Except for old people anyways."

"Hey, we all live in a Pok?mon World." Brendan shrugged, sweeping a hand through his tousled hair. "Isn't that a song for one of the seasons of the Pok?mon anime?"

"Pok?mon . . . I wanna be the greatest master of them all . . ." Wally snorted, turning the other way, cuddling with another pillow on the couch.

Silence overwhelmed the randomness that Wally brought upon the room. Brendan and May stared at each other, one combing a hand through her tangled hair, the other staring at the ceiling, twiddling his thumbs.

"The greatest master!" Wally finished, jolting Brendan and May out of their thoughts.

"Freak," Brendan murmured.

After a few more minutes of restless silence, Brendan and May found it safe to relax, knowing that Wally wouldn't randomly shout out another verse to the song.

"Put my challenges to the test to be better than all the rest!"

Brendan and May look at each other and sweat-dropped, too freaked out to speak or to wake Wally up.

"So you wanna be the master of Pok?mon?"

"Um . . . Brendan? He's scaring me," May whimpered finally.

"Do you have the skills to be number- Hey! What are you doing Brandon!" Wally awoke to find the white-haired trainer trying to muffle his face with a dark-blue cotton pillow.

"The name is Brendan okay?" he remarked, annoyed. "You were singing the theme to the Pok?mon television show! Do you know how annoying that is?"

"Was it the one where Tracey was in it and Brock wasn't?"

"Yeah."

"Then I see how it was annoying."

"Now that were all up, why don't you tell us what you wanted to show me now B Boy?" May remarked as she stretched out her legs. "You know, now that I'm up thanks to you . . ." A mischievous glint passed through May's eyes.

"Haha, yeah." Brendan rubbed the back of his neck nervously, moving away from May to avoid getting pummeled into the ground. "You know . . . I rather not say right now."

"Tell me," she growled.

"Nah, it's okay but um . . . th-thank you?"

"Tell me . . ."

"You know, I'm not really in the mood at the moment heh."

"Tell me!"

"Aw, do I have to?"

"TELL ME NOW!" Outraged, May jumped on the boy trainer's back, causing Brendan to topple over onto his stomach. May pressed down on the back of his head.

"Watch the nose, watch the nose!" he yelled, muffled by the wooden floorboards. "I kind of need that to breathe- okay, push even harder and further down, that's nice."

"Look what I have to do just to get some answers out of this boy's mouth!" May sat on Brendan's back, trying to bore a hole in the ground using his face. Finally, satisfied with her results, the now content girl trainer got off of Brendan's back; an apologetic smile crept onto her face. "I am sooooooo sorry."

"What?" Brendan sat up and stared at Wally and May, puzzled.

* * *​

". . ." Brendan kept rubbing his ruby-red nose in a frustrating manner, giving May dark glances every now and then. The three trainers were just outside of Mauville, ready to train their Pok?mon and to visit some of their friends.

"Hey, look at things this way! At least it wasn't your you-know-what!" Wally laughed, clutching his stomach. "I thought you were Santa because of your white hair! Now your Ruldolph! Ruldolph the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose! And if you ever saw it, you can even say it glows! All of the other reindeer, use to laugh and call him names-"

"Hey! There's a bunch of howling Mankeys outside!" a random person yelled from outside of his window in Mauville.

Wally frowned and bit his lip, while May smiled innocently in embarrassment, but Brendan on the other hand . . .

"Haha, howling Mankeys! Sounds like a rock band! Named after Wally, the worst singer in the world!"

May only shook her head at Brendan's pathetic attempt to joke on Wally as the three trainers continued their way down the sidewalk path. "Hey, what's this?" May ripped down a blue sheet on the Mauville bulletin board. "Attention all Pok?mon Trainers, Researchers, Coordinators, and other fields of Pok?mon! The semi-annual Pok?mon Fair will be held in Mauville this year! Food, fun, and . . . another word that starts with F."

"Catchy," Brendan murmured, starting to rub his nose again.

"Fantastic, freaky, furnish?" Wally suggested.

"That has nothing to do with the sentence but moving on," May began to read again. "Starts on the second week of October, ends until the beginning of the third week . . ."

"You know, they could make things less complicated by saying October fifth to October twelfth . . ." Brendan pointed out.

"Or better yet, the fifth to the twelfth!" Wally proposed.

"Yeah . . . um . . ." May shrugged and read the rest of the ad. "So be there and be-"

"Dead?" Brendan remarked cheerfully.

"Square?" Wally answered dully.

"Gone?"

"Stupid?"

"Be there and be happy," May answered for them. "Latias, how lame. Anyways, the last night of the fair will be formal, for food, for fun, and for something else that starts with a F. Who knows what will happen. What does it mean by that?"

Wally and Brendan began to smirk uncontrollably as plans began to form in their heads.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, the early hoennshipping days. >=D Don't worry, it's actually not a hoennshipping based fic. More of an action/adventure type from chapter 5 and up.

Thankies for reading!

LaTeR dAyZ!

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • *grins* Oh, good, that means we can just ORDER you to post the next chapter, right?

BRENDAN BIRCH! If you ever wake me up at seven in the morning ever again with no important reason whatsoever, I swear I'll sick Flare on you and make her use her Sky Uppercut to send you to planet Kafloogah! Got that!"
    That would be sic and a question mark.
    "You heard the lady[] Birch, shut up!"

Hmm, there's a comma missing. The Lady Birch?
    "Now that were all up, why don't you tell us what you wanted to show me now B Boy?"
    We're, and what is the last line supposed to mean? Beyond the fact that you're missing another comma.
    Whoops, gotta run. SB

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • SB said:
    Breezy said:
    BRENDAN BIRCH! If you ever wake me up at seven in the morning ever again with no important reason whatsoever, I swear I'll sick Flare on you and make her use her Sky Uppercut to send you to planet Kafloogah! Got that!"
    That would be sic and a question mark.
    Actually, May was yelling that part, and I hate typing "?!" 'cause it looks icky, so I put more emphasis on the fact that she's yelling and not that she's asking it.

But thank you for catching my other mistakes. ^_^

Last edited:
    Back