• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eeveelutions

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Eevee is a Pokémon that we all know (well, at least most of us). One thing that's special about it is, it's got ability to evolve into a variety of different forms. They all do have similar body structure, but still original in their own way, as they don't share the same, exact typing and evolutionary method.

There are currently around eight Eeveelutions, which are consisting of Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and finally, introduced in generation six, Sylveon. Of them all, which would you consider your most favorite and why? What part of them do you dislike, if there's any? If you were to change anything about them, what would it be?

In addition, if you were to create one of your own Eeveelution at some point in future and have it featured in games and anime, what would you call it? How would it look? What moves would it have access to? What would its type be? How would Eevee evolve into it?

Years
  • I hesitated to make a similar topic, but maybe in gaming section.

I love every Eeveelution (i joined the club for a reason). I said there that my most favorite is Espeon, that was some time ago. This time I have three most favorites being Espeon, Vaporeon and Glaceon. I like Espeon and Vaporeon for being very powerful, Vaporeon is an incredible tank and Espeon has awesome Sp.Atk and Speed, also Magic Bounce ability makes it really good and can learn Fairy move. Glaceon is my favorite mostly because of looks and it has one of the most beautiful and cutest cries :)

Of course many will agree with me that Flareon needs lots of changes. I myself would just change the highest base stat to Sp.Atk instead of Atk, that would be enough.

In the Eeveelution club I mentioned once that I would love to see ghost type Eeveelution. I didn't think of a name for it (maybe Appariteon or Wraitheon or Spectreon ;p). There is one topic in Art & Design (click here) that got me an image of a ghost type Eeveelution. It would have mostly Ghost type moves (like Night Shade, Hex, Shadow Claw)and could learn Shadow ball naturally. As for evolution method, I mentioned in a club topic that Dusk Stone would be a great solution :)

Again with tons of questions Endless, but I like answering them nonetheless :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Vaporeon is my babe, hands down, always and forever. Vap is my most favorite Pokémon of all time too, not just with Eeveelutions.

I'm also fond of Espeon, Leafeon, and Sylveon, but Vaporeon just takes the cake.

I think they should make a Dragon-type next, maybe complementary to Sylveon in the way that Espeon and Umbreon were. I could actually picture it looking similar to Vaporeon with a big frilly fin, too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Just love all the cute and adorable Eeveelutions - one of my X games playing my own Eeveelution team.

For favorites - at the moment I'm just in love with Glaceon, not 100% what attracts me to Glaceon - just love it's overall design (ears to tail), it's fox-like resemblance (love foxes in real life), or maybe it's voice in XY. Also my other favorites are Leafeon and Vaporeon.

If I could create my own Eeveelution, It be my favorite type, Fighting. Walks around like any normal Eeveelution when getting ready to battle it would stand on it's back paws (similar to Mienfoo).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like them all, but not excessively so :) My favorite in the games is Jolteon since it was a blast to use in my Yellow version. In terms of design I adore Flareon because it's like a fluffier Eevee. Sort of like a cat! Very cute, I'd like one as a pet rather than on a fighting pokémon team. But I also like Leafeon a lot and Umbreon is rather cool, I gotta admit. It's a tough choice but since I couldn't care less about stats, I think Flareon get's my vote :)

As for new eeveelutions.... Hmm, I gotta think.

Years
  • I've still never been able to pick which of the two Johto Eeveelutions I like better.

To this day, Umbreon is still one of my favorite Pokemon designs, both in its regular and shiny forms. From my experience, I never really cared for using it in battle, but maybe I was just unlucky while using it. As for Espeon though, I loved using it in HeartGold, and it quickly became one of my favorite Pokemon in that game. If I had to pick just one, I guess I'd go with Umbreon, but I'll go with a split decision between the two for right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Flareon has always been my favorite. Back when I played yellow fire types were my favorite and I had a team with a Charizard, Ninetales, and a Flareon and I thought they were amazing altogether. I do find Flareon to be the cutest one so maybe that's part of the reason why I love it so much. Honestly if Flareon wasn't as bad as it is in the games it would probably be my favorite fire type. If Pokemon were real Flareon would be my go to fire type.

I like all the eeveelutions besides Sylveon. I ended up using it and found myself so bored with it, which was disappointing considering I liked it before I used it.

If they make another eeveelution I'd like to see poison.

Years
  • This is a question that my answer to keeps changing. Currently I have to say Jolteon, because I really like Electric-types and its Speed makes for a formidable Electric-type user, and it can use Baton Pass with Agility. And in-game it helps considerably against bulky waters, except Water/Ground-types. Espeon is probably second, though - it's very powerful and really helped me out in one of my recent Black 2 challenges, and competitively it has Magic Bounce which is super fun.

If there were another Eeveelution type i'd like to see? Probably Bug.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • All eeveelutions are fine by me, but my absolute favorite of them all is so Flareon! Unless they come up with a ground or a dragon eeveelution, Flareon will be my favorite! Fire types rule, and the second I had my first Eevee in Pokemon Yellow, I wanted to try out some stones. Already fire types were my favorite pokemon because of the classic of Charmandar, so why not see what Eevee turns to with Fire? Let's just say that attack gets a big thumbs up! Burn up Leafeon and Glaceon! Bite away with Espeon! Dig away with Jolteon! Flareon Forever!

As for a new eeveelution, like I said before, a ground and dragon eeveelution would be awesome!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Umbreon holds a special place in my heart. While it does have a simple design, it's a simple design that's effective (I love those rings, it's cooler when shiny) and plus Dark is my favourite type. I even have an Umbreon plushie~

Least favourite has to be Eevee itself. I don't know why but it doesn't really appeal me as much.

If I could change one thing about an Eeveelution, I would change Jolteon's HA from Quick Feet to Lightingrod. Jolteon's speedy enough and plus a bonus Special Attack from something like a Volt Switch is nice to have.

As for types, would be nice to see a Flying type.

Sirfetch’d

I've always been most fond of Espeon and Jolteon as they were the two I used most in the game and the two I found most useful in battling. Both are extremely powerful and really fun to use! I'm also quite fond of Sylveon now because I love it's type, its battle style, and most importantly; it's design!

Years
  • My top 3 are: Vaporeon, Umbreon and Leafeon :)

Vaporeon is my ultimate favourite, ever since I saw its sprite cutely flicking its tail in Pokémon Stadium I've been sold on this Pokémon lol :) Not to mention I love its monstrous HP lol, I dunno I just think overall Vaporeon's a Pokémon that really suits my battle style :)

Umbreon I ended up with in Pokémon Silver accidentally - I was levelling it up at night and had no idea it was gonna evolve lol and when it did Umbreon just automatically became my second favourite for design reasons lol :) It was a welcome introduction to the Dark type for me and I thought it was super cool that my favourite Elite Four member (Karen) also chose to use an Umbreon on her team :)

Leafeon's an Eeveelution I got into more recently actually, when I had Pokémon Diamond I already had my team sorted before Eevee was even available so I never got to use either of the new Eeveelutions. Come Pokémon X, I finally had the chance haha and ended up using a Leafeon on my team :) I like it for its moveset and the fact that it's green (one of my favourite colours) lol :)

If I could make a new Eeveelution it would definitely be a Fighting-type, it would be orangey-brown in colour and have fighting tape round its ankles :) Dunno about its moveset but you'd evolve it by the Challenger Rock in Unova (and presumably an equivalent in all other regions lol) :)

Years
  • I love them all! Can't deny the cuteness and usefulness of the eeveelutions. I'll always think Eevee would've been the perfect mascot for Pokemon given how many different types it can evolve into. But alas, that's for another topic...

Favorite is Flareon. It's way underrated but the cutest of the bunch (and fluffiest)! Coming in close is Leafeon, Glaceon, and Jolteon, though I do love them all quite a lot. If only you could keep each and every eeveelution on your team without having to box something else.

The eeveelution I've used the most is Vaporeon. It's incredibly bulky and useful in every game, especially when taught Surf and Ice Beam. Please give us a flying type aaa!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • My favourite Eeveelution would be Slyveon. It not only has a nice design, but can also hold it's own competitively as a wall or assault vest pokemon. Also, I love the fact that it's Fairy, which comes with a multitude of resistances which is always handy to have, coupled with a nice movepool and you have a beast.

I'm not what you could call the most creative person so I won't be speculating about any Eeveelutions, but I sincerely hope that they do not make a Dragon type one. I don't know, the Dragon type dosen't seem to tie in with the whole Eevee theme, same goes for Poison and some other types, fighting and the like. Flying would be plausible, but I can't imagine a nice design for it and not really a fan of flying Eevees. I really don't mind a Ghost and maybe even a steel Eeveelution, those are long overdue in my opinion. ;)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • What would really be amazing would be an eevveelution that could type shift, It could have Normal as its base type and change via, Move, Item, Weather conditions or due to opponents pokemon type.

Now that this us mentioned, this is an interesting thought. It would be cool to see this, but since a pokemon can only have 4 moves, this idea is bust. Unless it can have something that changes it's normal moves to the type it is. But really interesting.

Years
  • Now that this us mentioned, this is an interesting thought. It would be cool to see this, but since a pokemon can only have 4 moves, this idea is bust. Unless it can have something that changes it's normal moves to the type it is. But really interesting.

Yes that would be the problem, but it could have a move that changes type/function depending on the type the pokemon is at that moment.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Leafeon is the most adorable Eeveelution in my eyes. Its cute leafy ears and head tuft, adds up together nicely with its beautiful leafy tail and small brown paws. Even its colour palette complements it very nicely. I've actually never used it in-game before, so this is purely based on design. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic battler though!

As for a new Eeveelution type, I'd like a Ghost or a Flying-type which evolves with the Dusk and Dawn stone respectively.

Back