• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[COMPETITION] VVI's Holiday Giveaway Contest #1 - Halloween Edition

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
VVI's Holiday Giveaway Contest #1
Halloween Edition

Gather round, boys and girls, and behold the unveiling of my first Holiday Giveaway Contest! Each holiday season, I'll be hosting one of these bad boys in an attempt to give the fine people of the Arts & Designs sub-forum some nifty prizes! You don't have to be an A&D regular to win something, though. These prizes could range from Gold/Silver Tier Supportership status, to custom emblems and even real life gifts like plushies. The rules are simple; design a Halloween themed banner and win a prize! Of course there's a bit more involved than that, but I'll explain all of that a bit later. First though, unfortunately we need to cover some ground rules.
Rules

1. No plagiarising submissions. Make your own, it's a lot funner that way!
2. You must get your entry submitted by November 7th, 2014. This in in bold, so that people don't ask when the due date is. ^.^
3. You're only allowed to submit one entry that will count towards a prize. You can, however, submit more than one just for show, but you need to specifically state which submission you're entering.
4. Have fun! Yes this is a rule now.

Alright! Now that that's out of the way, let me explain a bit more in depth on what's actually going on here. There will be three (3) prizes that I will be handing out, with first place being the most prestigious prize to be won. Don't worry though, you'll be rewarded nicely for your efforts if you come second or third, I'll make sure of that. Of course, for your submission to actually qualify for a prize, it has to follow all of these requirements.
Entry Requirements

1. All entries have got to be a minimum of 500x200. There is no maximum size.
2. You have two ways of entering; via PM or posting in this thread. I'm not too fussed which you chose, I check my PM's and this thread daily.
3. I know not everybody has Photoshop/GIMP, so I'm going to allow the use of any graphic design program (even Paint).
4. Your banner has to be Halloween themed. It can be Pokemon related, or not, so long as it fits the Halloween theme.
5. Put your PC username somewhere on the banner, or screenshot your workspace whilst making it. This is just for legitimacy reasons.
6. Include some Halloween-y text. "Happy Halloween!", "Spooky Halloween!", even "It's Halloween". Anything Halloween themed counts.​

They aren't that hard to follow, but if you are struggling to grasp a certain concept here don't hesitate to drop me a PM/VM! I've already got all of the prizes ready, it'd be a shame if nobody entered because they didn't understand one of the entry requirements or rules. And speaking of the prizes, I think it's time I let you all know what you're competing for!
Prizes

1st Place - Gold Tier Supportership, and a Gourgeist emblem to be displayed in the 'Emblems' tab on your PC profile.
2nd Place - Silver Tier Supportership, and a Pumpkaboo emblem to be displayed in the 'Emblems' tab on your PC profile.
3rd Place - Silver Tier Supportership.​

In case anybody is interested, this Pumpkaboo was originally the prize for second place, but after a discussion with a moderator we decided that, if the second place winner DOES want the plushie, they forfeit the emblem to third place and I'll mail the plushie to them. It's completely up to the second place winner though, and whoever that is I'll PM directly after the contest has finished. With all of that being said, I hope to see some awesome entries and I hope you all have fun whilst creating your banners. Happy Halloween, everybody!

Contestants
*Click on a contestants username to view their entry*

JustTheFx
Flushed
Flipancake
Jackthething
Epicassassin1811
Yet Another Logical Nerd

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
As rightful moderator of this section, you have my blessing Veranithas. Good on you for being one of the very few members to post a contest here. If you need any help at all, I'm no more than a VM away. :)

I'll spread the word!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Thank you so much, Fairy!

I really just want an excuse to give some cool free things away to the brilliant members of PC, but I can't really justify just going around mailing people plushies and granted Gold Tier donation status for no reason! :P

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
I should've specified, I'm sorry! I'll edit the main post, but I'll accept either a PM or a post in this thread. Either way is fine! :)

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
I'll sign Up~! Although, I do have a few questions~

1.So we make something like a banner correct? The Op doesn't really tell you Exactly what to make in the 500 x 200 dimensions.
2. Can we use Renders, C4D's, and such for the image?

and that is all~

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'd love to participate, huge fan of art competitions even when there weren't prizes haha.

Another question about the size (although it's clearly stated, just wanted to make sure), is 500x200 the max size or the size the image has to be?

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
R.I.P. Veranihas 10/14 Known for being a Community Supporter, and a beloved Artist~ You will be Missed~

Well here's my Entry~ Not my best'est work but hey~ I tried~ :)
Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Sorry everybody, I've been away on work! But I'm back now and ready to get judging!

I'll edit the rules for clarity, but yes, if you could PM me your entries that would be brilliant. You can feel free to state in this thread that you're entering, and even use it as a sort of general discussion, but yes, please PM me your entries.

And 500x200 is the minimum. There is no maximum size. Hope this cleared some things up! I've also pushed back the submission date, y'know, since I was M.I.A for a while!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Just letting people know that I've altered the first post a little bit, pushed the deadline date back by a week and I've added our first three contestants!This might also be a shameless bump though so shhhh

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Just informing everybody that there's still three days left of this competition! I've got all of the prizes lined up waiting so don't be shy with entries!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I was away from my computer, so this isn't my best work, but I did my best with what I had.

Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Here's my entry. Am I late?

Spoiler:

You most certainly are not late! Added you and Epicassassin1811 to the competitors section, will be judging the entries today and my decision will be posted into the OP of the thread by the end of the day! After that, I'll be getting Fairy to close the thread and hand out emblems and the like whilst I prepare donations for the winners. :)

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Hey guys! A big thank you to everybody who entered, was a blast seeing all of your submissions and what not. After careful consideration, it's time for me to announce the winners! You'll all receive your prizes this week, emblems and donations and the like. Hopefully my next holiday giveaway will take off a little bit more; but with all that being said, time to announce some winners.

First Place
lA1wzUO.png

Flushed
Brilliant entry! The combination of the colours and the placement of the render, as well as how seamlessly the text fits, makes this a winning entry! You'll be getting your Gold Tier supportership and Gourgeist emblem later on this week! :D

Second Place
spooky_halloween____pokecommunity_contest_by_wasefd2-d85g3nm.png

jacktheking

I love the saturation on this submission, and the placement of the text makes it look like the words are hiding behind tendrils of shadow. Second place! You'll be getting your Silver Tier supportership and Pumkaboo emblem later on this week!

Third Place
PCHalloween_zpsc442c566.png

JustTheFX

I'm in love with the background work on this submission, and the render is very neatly placed too. Third place! You'll be getting your Silver Tier supportership later on this week!​

Again, a big thank you to everybody involved; shout out to Fairy for giving this her blessing; and good luck for next time everybody else! I'll try and see if I can get an emblem for everybody who didn't place just for being a part of this competition, but there's no promises being made there! :P

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
I'm glad that I won the second place. And, I knew I wont be getting first place. What Flushed may look bad but at first but when you look closely, it is an amazing piece of art. It look like what professional out there made or draw. I agree, the text is placed in a good way.

What JustTheFx made is amazing too! I like the text style and how he make the render 'glow'.

Hopefully there will be another Holiday Giveaway soon! :)

Back