• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
UPDATE 1/6/2017: THIS THREAD CAN BE USED FOR DISCUSSING BOTH ORAS AND XY TRAVELS!

Much like the Kalos Travel Journal and the Unova Travel Journal, this thread is for everyone to record and share their journey in the updated version of Hoenn.

General Thread Rules:
-This is NOT a place to ask questions about the games. Questions go in this thread here.
-Team Help threads go in the Battling and Team-Building section. Trades go in the Trade Corner.
-No Youtube videos.
-Discussions can go in their own threads.
etc

So have fun telling us about your experiences in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Last edited by a moderator:

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Started the game at 11 am (Sapphire version).

Trainer Name: Roland

Pokemon: Mudkip Lv 15, Dustox Lv 11, Skitty Lv 10

Currently exploring and training and looking forward to new surprises (walk slowly to catch a pokemon is a new one; especially when they have moves like fire fang, etc). Trained for the 1st gym and later today I will face off on the 1st gym leader.

Last edited:
Years
Started the game last night. Named my character RedJ, chose Mudkip as my starter, and now I'm currently in Petalburg Woods looking for an HA Shroomish. My Pokemon are starting to disobey me so hopefully it wont take too much longer. Also got the EXP Share and immediately turned it off.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

I started the game at around noon today (SO EXCITED)
treecko.gif

In my first (official) trip to Hoenn, I named my character LeAnn (sort of a combination of my nicknames, Lynn and Ann, sort of, but not really. That and I really like the name :))
I chose Treecko as my starter, and named him Midas (not sure why, maybe cause i just think Sceptile looks Regal)

Haven't done much yet, still getting into the game, but it's pretty awesome so far :)

UPDATE: Just received my shiny Beldum and I'm planning on putting him to good use. While I can't nickname him, I think I'll call him 'Gladiator' just cause he's such a beast
beldum.gif

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Started my Ruby game at around 11:30pm (PST) last night, after an agonizing 2 hours of downloading time!

Named my character Zed, after my only other male character I played in Emerald.

Picked Treecko as my starter and nicknamed him Brigan after a character from one of my favourite book series.

Currently at 6 and a half hours of game time (I had to sleep, unfortunately. xD) and have currently just left Slateport to make my way to Mauville. My current team is as follows:

grovyle.gif

Brigan | m | lvl. 20
Pound / Fury Cutter / Mega Drain / Quick Attack

skitty.gif

Katsa | f | lvl. 19
Disarming Voice / Double Slap / Attract / Sing

surskit.gif

Bitterblue | f | lvl. 19
Signal Beam / Quick Attack / Bubble Beam / Water Sport

poochyena.gif

Fyre | f | lvl. 17
Thunder Fang / Howl / Sand Attack / Bite

ralts.gif

Po | m | lvl. 17
Disarming Voice / Confusion / Double Team / Magical Leaf

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
So I beat the Gym leader after I did a bit of wonder trading (Heck YES)

New Team: Marshtomp Lv 17
Roucool (Pidgey) Lv 9 *Wonder traded for my Dustox*
Croagunk Lv 11 * wonder traded for my Skitty*
Fayana (Fennekin) Lv 5 *wonder traded my surskit*

Onward to defeat the goon in the cavern and then to the Boatman to the 2nd gym.
But training my team up for a bit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
I was able to go to one of the midnight releases of ORAS and it was a lot of fun!

I picked out Omega Ruby cuz my friend is getting Alpha Sapphire.

Let's see, so far my team is:
combusken-f.gif
- Fuega the Combusken

taillow.gif
- Soara the Taillow

shroomish.gif
- MushiMushi the Shroomish

Currently, I am walking around Slateport City having delivered the "goods" to Capt. Stern. :)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Well, I got the game yesterday and have been playing it since I got it. I have started out picking may, named Kimmy, and picked treeko. I got my shiny beldum and first 3 badges. Now, before I go to work, I have almost made it to lavaridge town. I've been training up and what not.

My current team is:

Grovyle (tamriel) lvl 31
Mightyenna (bear) lvl 31
Event shiny beldum lvl 31
Begon [from X version/sat in bank] lvl 21
Zigzagoon lvl 16 (using as hm slave)

[I have been thinking of usin my legally bred beldum from X, but decided to leave it in the bank for now. Might train it after league]

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Began playing at 5PM EST. Loving this game so far.

Picked up Torchic, and keeping true to the DexNav encouragement by catching all the Pokemon I encounter. I love the small ways this game rewards you for completing an area.

Decided to keep training Ralts, for nostalgia's sake. Currently getting through Petalburg Woods. Also just picked up my Shiny Beldum mystery gift.

Torchic @ Lv13
Ralts @ Lv5
Beldum @ Lv5

Years
So I got the games, and picked up Omega Ruby to use as my main one. I chose Mudkip and named it Slippers, then went to Route 103 and beat May's Treecko there. I caught a few Pokémon on Route 102, including a Ralts that I found in hiding, which I caught and named Purity. After getting a Taillow on Route 104 named Codswalloo (meant to name Codswallop, but I accidentally hit o twice), and in the Petalburg Woods I caught a Slakoth in hiding too. Once I got to Rustboro, I traded it for that Makuhita. I beat Roxanne without too much trouble at all. Here's my team:
Mudkip (M) "Slippers", Level 14
Ralts (M) "Purity", Level 11
Taillow (F) "Codswalloo", Level 11
Makuhita (M) "Makit", Level 11

Just the start of my journey, so let's see how interesting this gets.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Currently in slateport city; after defeating 2nd gym. Trained my team.

Croagunk - Lv 20 (Mud-slap, Taunt, Drain Punch, Feint attack)
Fayana (Braixen) - Lv 20 (Ember, Howl, Psybeam, Scratch)
Marshtomp - Lv 21 (Tackle, Foresight, Water gun, Mud Shot)
Pidgeotto - Lv 21 (Steel Wing, Whirlwind, Gust, Quick Attack)

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Deafeted May with Marshtomp, Nuzleaf and Croagunk. Then ended up training more and then Made it to Mauville City; OMG it changed ALOT

Pokemon: Marshtomp Lv 24, Fayana (Braixen) Pidgeotto and Croagunk all Lv 25
New Members of team: Eevee lv 16, and Nuzleaf lv 18

I ended up getting the Mach Bike and looking around a bit in Manville. And now resting for the night. More adventures tomorrow!

Years
Honestly, this game is so so so good and I'm only 2 badges in. Like I'm enjoying this game so much and taking my time with it. I've been switching around my team and I plan to continue doing that, but holy JESUS I love this game.

Team so far:
Skip the Grovyle Lvl. 23
Marvel the Tailow Lvl. 19
Paragon the Sableye Lvl. 15
Cruncher the Mightyena Lvl. 19

I'm planning on removing Mightyena and replacing it full with Sableye. I have shiny Beldum, but I'm not sure if I want to use it in my run through. I will probably swap out Tailow for Altaria or Flygon a little later. Other than that I'm good.

The DexNav makes looking for all Pokemon on a single route so much fun. My box is literally filling up cause I want to catch everything. Despite its seemingly average reviews, I'm extremely satisfied with this game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Take 2.

After spending practically the whole non-working day soft-resetting for a good Mudkip, I finally got my hands on an Adamant one. Sure, this weakens its ability to dish out damage with its early/mid-game STABs, hence forcing me to fight left-handed for the majority of the game, but I do enjoy a bit of a challenge every now and then.

Current team:
Mudkip, male, level 7:
MDP258.png

-Tackle
-Growl
-Water Gun
Nature: Adamant

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
And Day 2 of Sapphire Adventure:

took on the 3rd Gym leader and defeated him with Marshtomp and Croagunk!
Took some time to look around a bit in Mauville and had my Eevee relax.

Went out to catch Pokemon and did a Wonder trade for a Marill and got a Spirtzee and then Deposited my Eevee to add her to my team.

I entered the Beauty contest with Spirtzee and WON!

After that I fixed the Issue with the Rocks in the cave so people can pass in and out with ease! Now currently training.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Here is the start of my travel journal. Note: these events are from yesterday.

Even though I picked up Pokemon Alpha Sapphire around 11 AM (Pacific Time), I did not start playing until around 5:40 PM (Pacific Time). When I started playing, I ended up choosing to play as Brendan, whom I named Mandolore. I of course chose to start with Mudkip. I have currently obtained two badges.

I made it as far as Slateport. While I was there, I found my first Mega Stone in the game. The one I found was Alakazite. The way I found it was by seeing three glowing sparkles on the ground near each other. I have currently seen 35 Pokemon and caught 17.

Star Wars Jedi Team
Luke (Mudkip -> Marshtomp)
L22/Naughty
Moves: Tackle, Rock Tomb, Water Gun, Mud Bomb

Obi-Wan (Tailow)
L18/Lax
Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Yoda (to be caught)
Mace Windu (to be caught)
Ki-Adi (to be caught)
Anakin (to be caught)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 8, 2019
Started the game off last night and played for around 4hours. Wake up this morning and i found a shiny zigzagoon using dexnav im so happy right now haha even if its a zigzagoon my first ORAS shiny

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Started the game at 10:30 pm and ended at 1:30. I recieved my starter, Mudkip and named him Captain. I met my new friend, May and professor Birch (I think he is clumsy). Later I caught an adamant poocheyena with fire fang, who I named Dudley. After meeting my dad, I taught Wally how to catch his first pokemon and I recieved my shiny beldum. I also caught a zigzagoon for cut. After meeting with the fishermen, he took me to Dewford, where I battled all the trainers. I'm planning on entering the cave, catching a zubat for my party, and challenging the gym. My party will be: Mudkip, Poocheyena, Beldum, and Zubat. So far everything is the same level without the exp. share. And nothing has fainted!

Years
So last night, I got to Dewford, beat Brawly without taking any damage, and then met Steven at the Granite Cave. I beat the trainers on the coast, arrived in Slateport City, got Team Magma out of the Oceanic Museum, and then found that you can catch Magnemite in hordes, which was surprising. I caught one and named it Parallel. I would have named it Parallelogram, but sadly that's one character off the limit. Anyway, I beat the trainers on Route 110 then arrived in Mauville, did some stuff and beat Wattson without too much concern. Here's my team:
Marshtomp (M) "Slippers", Level 22
Kirlia (M) "Purity", Level 20
Taillow (M) "Codswallop", Level 20 (this was male, not female)
Makuhita (M) "Makit", Level 21
Magnemite "Parallel", Level 20

This is going quite good, wonder how much i'll get done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back