• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thus far, we have a total of six leagues in Pokémon games, with the names of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Each of these leagues have their own Elite Four members. They're supposedly some of the best Pokémon trainers of their respective regions, specializing in a certain type.

For Kanto, our Elite Four were Lorelei, Bruno, Bruno, and Lance, whose focus were ice, fighting, ghost, and dragon; Johto region, we've had Will, Koga, Bruno, and Karen, specializing in psychic, poison, fighting, and dark; in Hoenn, it was Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake, and they were primarily focusing on dark, ghost, ice, and dragon; Sinnoh--Aaron, Bertha, Flint, and Lucian; in Unova, our Elite Four were Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley, and Caitlin; finally, for Kalos, the Elite Four members were Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, and Drasna.

Of all Elite Four that we have met in Pokémon, which would we personally say is our most favorite, and why? Which is our least favorite? Which member did we have the toughest time facing off against, and how so? Also, if we were to create our own Elite Four member for a future game, how would they go? What would their name be? What would be their type?

Years
    To be honest, I think all of the Elite Four were fairly easy to deal with as long as you had a good spread of high leveled Pokemon (at least four around level 50-60) because you could probably use one or two Pokemon to defeat the first 3 Elite Four members. Plus, you would have a good amount of money at the end to be able to buy Full Restores and Revives as well as Elixirs and Ethers you had picked up during your playthrough.

My favourite E4 was probably the Sinnoh E4, but not because they were the hardest, I just really enjoyed battling against the Pokemon the members had because I adored the Pokemon they had. Platinum's E4 was preferable to the E4 in DP because the Pokemon were better and Flint actually had a proper Fire-type roster rather than having a Steelix, Drifblim and Lopunny with 2 other Fire-types. I really liked the introduction of a Bug-type E4 member, because that type is underused across all of the games and Bug-types are always the ones you box after the first few gyms or so because you encounter more favourable Pokemon. My least favourite E4 was probably the Kanto E4, because there was a lack of variety, I felt, but that is understandle as it was 1st Gen. Most of the members had 2 of the same Pokemon in each team, which I found annoying or easy, depending on which Pokemon I had in my roster. I didn't feel as relieved beating that E4 over the other E4s.

Years
    I'm with Hiroshi on this one, Unova definitely had the coolest Elite Four of them all. The personalities of the members and their design themes really worked well, and their rooms also reflected that. Alongside that, they all have very strong Pokemon with some interesting tricks up their sleeves. 5th Gen really did a great job by making its characters have very unique personality to them, and the Elite Four was definitely no exception.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Um, there is no "Kanto" or "Johto" League. Kanto and Johto share an Elite Four, and it's called the Indigo League. The differences between Gens 1 and 2 can be chalked up to the passage of time, not the existence of separate Elite Fours.

Anyways...

The original Elite Four will always be tops in my book. They posed a decent challenge (Back when I originally played Yellow, I lost to Lorelei, like, 8 times!) and were also interesting as people. (Lorelei and Lance are still some of my favorite Pokémon trainers.)

... Which is why the Gen 2 Elite Four was such a disappointment, in comparison. While Karen was awesome, the psychic clown they thought was a good "replacement" for the cool and powerful Lorelei wasn't. (Xatu as your ace, really?!?) And, Bruno (the weakest link of the original E4) needed a much better team if he was going to stick around; an unevolved Onix with that glorious Base 45 Attack (tied with the powerful monster known as Butterfree) just wasn't going to cut it. Even Lance, I felt, was much stronger as an Elite Four member than as a Champion. Koga was okay, I guess, (he, at least, employed some strategy) but he was still no Agatha.

Gen 2's E4 would've been much better as this, IMO:

- Koga
    - Karen
    - Lorelei
    - Lance
    - Red (or someone else, if he must stay on Mt. Silver) as the Champion

Years
    My favorite Elite Four would have to be the Hoenn one. I love all of the members in that Elite Four, and they gave me a challenge in RSE. (Kind of in ORAS too but not as much, but I still love them.)

Least favorite? Kalos. I feel as if it were rushed and the teams were disappointing. As well as the champion. I wish that the members were more of a challenge and had more screen time during the game. Maybe a Kalos remake in the far future would help them out a bit?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Unova definitely. Minus Marshall because he was kind of boring, but everyone else had an interesting personally and a cool room. Not that the rooms are that important BUT THEY WERE COOL OKAY.

Back