Fairy

she / they
in the flowers
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
12,930 posts
10.5 Years

Create A Fakemon

This thread was originally made by Logiedan back before the Pixel Art and A&D merge. Because it seemed like some fun for our dwindling spriting community, I'm bringing it back! Feel free to check out the old thread.

The basic instructions are to continue the artist's previous image and expand on it by adding colours, shading it, changing outlines, add appendages, add parts, etc. until we have completed and created our very own Pokemon! Read the rules for some extra information and looking at the old thread will help you understand the game. Any questions and concerns can be posted here and I will get to it ASAP!

Rules:

1. Artists must make small changes to the sprite such as a simple hue change or adding some spikes, etc. Do not try and complete the sprite in one go just so you can start a new one yourself.
  2. The size restriction is 96 x 96. Use this size and ONLY this size to post your post.
  3. Do not double post and make changes twice in a row. Once you've posted your contribution and changes, it's final.
  4. The current Pokemon/Fakemon must be completed before starting a new one.
  5. Have fun with this and make funny or crazy stuff!
  6. The save file-type must be in .PNG format or .GIF. The former is more recommended.
  7. There is no palette restriction. You can have as much colours on the sprite as well but pay attention to rule 1.
  8. Do not start colouring, shading until the outline is complete. After that you may alter colours, outlines, design, etc. Addition: Whenever it's time for a new sprite, you can start with a solid colour/silhouette. Make sure it's not too large.
  9. You may not use these fakemon in your ROM hack, so don't even ask. If you do, your post will be deleted and you may be warned/infracted for your violation. Seriously.

Please follow these rules otherwise your contributions will not be accepted.

Starting image!

Completed Fakemon

Spoiler:

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

fafrir

Queen of Dragons

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,767 posts
7.4 Years
Ooh yay!

Can't wait to see it finished~
|
Pal: Dakota

fafrir

Queen of Dragons

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,767 posts
7.4 Years

Gave it a little pattern, it's looking good! :D
|

fafrir

Queen of Dragons

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,767 posts
7.4 Years

Gave it a wing~ :D
|

Ice

Seen February 23rd, 2021
Posted February 3rd, 2020
3,448 posts
7.3 Years
I know this is a double post, but I decided to post in the sprites seperately to signal that there is an update.

I think we can start coloring it now. I edited one with the lower wing, and one without, because I don't think it fits that well, but I don't want to decide that on my own. So the next person can choose which one is the final one.

fafrir

Queen of Dragons

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,767 posts
7.4 Years

I've continued to add to the palette thingy.
|

The ???

The one true question mark

Male
???
Seen December 10th, 2020
Posted January 14th, 2017
295 posts
8.8 Years
To the ones who will SHADE it, please add the shaded pallet BELOW the actual color.

I think we have a Bug/Ghost here? XD

EDIT: is it only me or does this..thing.. kinda resembles Yamask?
Hey there I am a budding YouTuber and make funny Pokemon Videos, check me out >>HERE<<

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator

Male
Israel
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 16th, 2021
285 posts
8.2 Years
To the ones who will SHADE it, please add the shaded pallet BELOW the actual color.

I think we have a Bug/Ghost here? XD

EDIT: is it only me or does this..thing.. kinda resembles Yamask?
Can also be ghost/fairy...
Pokemon....

A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....

Ice

Seen February 23rd, 2021
3,448 posts
7.3 Years

Feel free to better the shading, it's not perfect. I added all the colours, the original row is still the basic colours, everything above it is for highlights, under it is shading. Next up is either adding some details, or colouring the outline.

I would say bug/ghost or ghost/fairy. Ghost/fairy would be the most interesting but bug/ghost would fit a little better

Last up, is anyone up to make a good dex background and tile for these? That way we can display them nicely :)

Ice

Seen February 23rd, 2021
3,448 posts
7.3 Years
I'm going to place another double post, as it shows there is an update to the sprite. I don't know if this is allowed, but I think it's a good way to keep the pace in the game.

I did the outline, mainly because I think shading the outline is probably the least fun part, and I didn't expect anyone to wanna do this.

I'll try to make a gif to shows the progress, as they did in the old thread. I'll edit this post once that's done.

I think the sprite is finished, so the next person can either start a new one, or perfect this one if he/she wants too. Also, while we start a next one, maybe decide on a name and typing for this cutie?

Edit1: Made a transparant sprite

Edit2: And here is the gif: