• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Resurrection

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome for the return of the Pokémon Poll of the Week, with it's brand new home here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As with the series in Pokémon (Voting) Polls though, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Seeing as this is the first week back for the PokéPOTW, I came up with the poll, but if you've got a question of your own that you would like to see featured, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this week's poll question is:

"Which is your favorite fossil Pokémon?"

Seeing as how we're resurrecting the PokéPOTW, it seems only fitting that we vote on the most popular of the fossil Pokémon, brought back from the dead! Cast your votes now, and let the best Pokémon win!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I picked Cradily, Rampardos, and Tyrantrum. They're all cool stuff. Cradily has a fun ability in Storm Drain, which is graet for a Rock type. Rampardos's sheer power is insane, and it was invaluable in both my Rock monotype and beating Super Rotations in the X/Y Battle Maison. Tyrantrum has a cool typing (Rock/Dragon is cool stuff, despite all the weaknesses) and is probably my favorite Kalos Pokemon. And I can't wait for Rock head to be legal on that thing (just a few more days!).

Years
I had already voted before seeing I can pick more than 1.... I picked Carracosta cause I'm using one in my water monotype playthrough of Black and with Shell Smash, he is just too awesome. I also like Aerodactyl, the only fossil I've bothered training til now, and Tyrunt cause it is so cute and when is evolves it gets so bad-ass.

blue

gucci
Years
Kabutops and Armaldo for me. Kabutops to start with because ever since Generation I it has always been my favourite Fossil Pokemon. I also chose Armaldo purely because of the storyline from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, it just really changed my perception of Armaldo all together.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Fossil Pokemon! But anyway, to cast my vote:

410.png
Isn't this Shieldon cute? I especially loved that fossil ever since Pokemon Conquest! This fossil can pack a punch, and a great weapon of defense against the new fairy types! Use an Iron Head!

235.png
Omanyte was the first water type pokemon that I lived the most (before Wooper and Mudkip)! Sure its worst nightmare is a grass pokemon, but back in the day, this was my surfing pokemon. Plus, it is also cute!

345.gif
It's hard to kill a Lileep now and days. This rock grass type can't die due to fire power, nor grass power. I love this fossil as well, and it is my second favorite grass type pokemon. Who doesn't love Storm Drain though?

698.png
Last but not least, Amaura! This can whip up a hail (we all hate it when it's against us, but love it if its in our favor)! Plus, isn't this fossil also cute? It can do electrical moves, and now water types will have more efforts to break this fossil away!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
kabutops and omastar

kabutops is a good swift swim abuser with access to rapid spin and decent coverage moves, it's really hard to stop if it turns out to have swords dance. lord helix has a brutal choice specs set which is insanely hard to wall.

also this is the nth time PokePOTW returns lol

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Mine were Aerodactyl, Bastiodon, Rampardos, Tyrantrum, Archeops, and Aurorus, and I think all I have to say about it is Pteradon, Styracosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Archeopteryx, and Apatosaurus, in order, without looking.

Just waiting on the Velociraptor fossil. It's coming eventually, I know it.

Years
While I've never been a huge fan of the fossil Pokemon, I really loved Archen/Archeops the first time I used it, and if it weren't for it's hindering Defeatist ability, it would easily be in my top 3 favorite Unovan Pokemon. Still, there are a lot of cool facts about Archeops that left a lasting impression on me (eg: 567 is not only its Pokedex number, but also its total base stats, and 567.9 is the Dewey Decimal number for feathered dinosaurs).

The other Pokemon that I voted for were Amaura & Aurorus. To be fair, I've never used them that much, but something about its typing + design made me regret picking Tyrunt in my first playthrough of Y. Hopefully if I give the game another go, I can make Aurorus a main component of my party.

Years
I have to give it to both the Unova fossils, Tyrantrum and Armaldo. Carracosta is one I really like for both its design and usability - it's very slow, but has good Defense and can use either Curse or Shell Smash, even if the latter is a bit hard to use given its low Speed. Archeops I like since it's really fast and has a tropical feel to its design, even if that ability is off-putting. Tyrantrum has great Attack and despite its massive amount of weaknesses, can still be interesting, especially now that it has Rock Head and can fire off those Head Smashes, putting it in that club with Aggron and Relicanth.

As for Armaldo...I really like that Shell Armor ability, which is a worthwhile benefit and it's designed alright also. Even if its resistances are lacking. I really want to like Aurorus, but all its weaknesses make it really tough to use.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh boy, I voted in the poll a while back but didn't have time to post. I think I went for Aerodactyl :3 It's a great concept and very simply carried out. No fancy markings or hefty colors. Just a prehistoric flying reptile!

But I also voted for the Unova and Kalos fossils. Especially the Kalos ones - I'm glad they made interesting dinosaurs after the somewhat boring Sinnoh versions. Archeops was a fun thing to include! Like the feathery version of Aerodactyl. Tyrantrum and Amaura are good opposites, and I guess in a way the turtle and the bird in Unova are opposites too, sky and ocean. Somewhat like Ho-oh and Lugia 8)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
My favorites have been Omastar, Kabutops, and Cradily. Cradily is def my all time favorite though.

The first two I found to be really usable, especially Omastar. As for Cradily I LOVE the design and the typing. Turned out to be a pretty good team member too. I also have to add I do love Aurorus's design also. (idk if I spelled that right, too lazy to check rn)

Years
Kabuto/Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Shieldon/Bastiodon
Archen/Archeops
Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Amaura/Aurorous

In no particular order. I chose based on sprites and whether or not I would use it in game or not.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I feel Tyrunt and Tyrantrum's designs are pretty nice to look at.

They seem menacing, which they sort of are, and that's one thing as to why I find myself leaning on them. Their color-combination seem to be decent, too, which would be another reason; orange, brown, and red complement each other nicely, if you ask me.

As far as battling is concerned, I used to be an Aerodactyl fan when it came to this, as it was able to set up entry hazards and cause some damage to the opponent before exiting the battle field, but after generation four, it seemed to have become slightly more difficult to utilize due to introduction of all those new Pokémon that could easily take it down and whatnot. If it weren't for this, I still likely would've been a follower.

Aside from Aerodactyl, though, I'd have to go with Aurorous; it's easy to utilize, and also fun.

Years
Finally, in gen 6 we get "good" dinosaurs. Sorry Bastiodon and Rampardos. Gen 6 hands down has the best fossil pokemon. Aurorus and Tyrantrum are just about equal to me, but it goes down to preference of refined regality over badass regality...though they are both regal. So tough to pick between a diamond crested brachio queen and a spike-crowned and frilled t-rex king.

aurorus.gif
- Queen of Fossils
tyrantrum.gif
- King of Fossils
cradily.gif
- Just plain cute how it's body lays down with its legs stretched out ready to take a hit. He's a tank and knows it. And those tentacles!

HM: Aerodactyl and Archeops

Years
408.png
409.png

698.png

Eee these are my lovelies. I've always adored Cranidos and Rampardos despite never having actually used them and Amaura is a very recent favorite. Her shiny form is beautiful. Will probably use the Cranidos line when I next replay Platinum. :)

Back