Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Age 26
Male
Hong Kong
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted September 24th, 2021
859 posts
13 Years
Does anyone have the images that were included in the attachment in this post? They're long gone now because of the breach back in September. :\
Just reuploaded it! Sorry for the delay. I'd forgotten where I'd put them.
Male
Seen January 3rd, 2019
Posted April 24th, 2016
13 posts
7.8 Years
I have a little problem, I managed to follow the tutorial and havent got any errors, how do i know? well thats simple:
I made balbasaur mega evolveinto venusaur whitout an item I cant m evolve it in battle but when i defeat the wild pokemon my bulbasaur is switched with venusaur and when i defeat another wild pokemon venusaur becomes bulbasaur, with that being said I know that i have inserted megas.
But i dont know what to do next, or to be more precise how to set up my item that mega will react to thanks in advance

What I did so far :
I changed 0x4001 player variable before building the mega to 0x161 to gold teeth as a test and did make insert.py cmd and in nothing required in g3t typed 13 which is id of potion
a nd when i start the game with bulbasaur and get the gold teeth in key items and bulbasaur is holding potion i cant mega evolve and i dont even see mega icon

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda
joexv.github.io

Age 24
Male
Oregon
Seen October 6th, 2021
Posted December 21st, 2019
1,033 posts
9.1 Years
I have a little problem, I managed to follow the tutorial and havent got any errors, how do i know? well thats simple:
I made balbasaur mega evolveinto venusaur whitout an item I cant m evolve it in battle but when i defeat the wild pokemon my bulbasaur is switched with venusaur and when i defeat another wild pokemon venusaur becomes bulbasaur, with that being said I know that i have inserted megas.
But i dont know what to do next, or to be more precise how to set up my item that mega will react to thanks in advance

What I did so far :
I changed 0x4001 player variable before building the mega to 0x161 to gold teeth as a test and did make insert.py cmd and in nothing required in g3t typed 13 which is id of potion
a nd when i start the game with bulbasaur and get the gold teeth in key items and bulbasaur is holding potion i cant mega evolve and i dont even see mega icon
0x4001 is a temporary variable, use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF
New living flesh vessel who dis?
Male
Seen January 3rd, 2019
Posted April 24th, 2016
13 posts
7.8 Years
0x4001 is a temporary variable, use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF
Thanks for the reply.
If i understand correctly the 4001 is the temporarily variable for players key stone, and if you say that i should use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF, so of i want my mega bracelet to be golden teeth which is 0x169 i should do 4011 + 169 which would make 417A. Am i correct?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda
joexv.github.io

Age 24
Male
Oregon
Seen October 6th, 2021
Posted December 21st, 2019
1,033 posts
9.1 Years
Thanks for the reply.
If i understand correctly the 4001 is the temporarily variable for players key stone, and if you say that i should use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF, so of i want my mega bracelet to be golden teeth which is 0x169 i should do 4011 + 169 which would make 417A. Am i correct?
No what you would do is edit the Config file for the mega evolution to use a different variable instead and then in game you would make a script that sets your var to 0x169
ie
//Code
setvar 0x4030 0x169
//more code
New living flesh vessel who dis?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Male
Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Seen August 13th, 2017
Posted January 1st, 2017
793 posts
7.3 Years
Just reuploaded it! Sorry for the delay. I'd forgotten where I'd put them.
There's no file attached on your original post
This signature has been disabled.
Scrollbar appears
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Age 26
Male
Hong Kong
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted September 24th, 2021
859 posts
13 Years
There's no file attached on your original post
It's weird because when I went to edit it, the attachment is there, but it wasn't available.

I had to add a separate attachment button.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Male
Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Seen August 13th, 2017
Posted January 1st, 2017
793 posts
7.3 Years
It's weird because when I went to edit it, the attachment is there, but it wasn't available.

I had to add a separate attachment button.
Yeah, that's so weird, I saw that it was edited couple of days ago but no file attached to it. Perhaps, mediafire would ease the your work so you don't have to upload it over and over again whatever circustances may happen.
This signature has been disabled.
Scrollbar appears
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied

Age 28
Female
Seen November 30th, 2016
Posted July 24th, 2016
164 posts
8.6 Years
Will this work on progressed hack with expanded Pokemon and Evolution? Also, if I managed to implement it to a clean rom, will I still be able to expand the number of Pokemons and Evolutions?
I do believe the latest version is designed specifically to work with expanded tables, but I'm not sure, since I'm still using an older version of the code since I have to lose a ton of development if I want to update since patching over the old code causes bugs and my version is pre-removal patch implementation.

Just backup your ROM, expand then patch and see if it works out; if not, then roll back to the backup :)

I'M A WITCH THAT'S HOW

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted December 19th, 2017
360 posts
9.3 Years
I do believe the latest version is designed specifically to work with expanded tables, but I'm not sure, since I'm still using an older version of the code since I have to lose a ton of development if I want to update since patching over the old code causes bugs and my version is pre-removal patch implementation.

Just backup your ROM, expand then patch and see if it works out; if not, then roll back to the backup :)
Thanks.
My Hack:
Seen November 20th, 2016
Posted November 20th, 2016
420 posts
6.8 Years
Will this work on progressed hack with expanded Pokemon and Evolution? Also, if I managed to implement it to a clean rom, will I still be able to expand the number of Pokemons and Evolutions?
In the src folder, you can open evo.h. It is looking at areas of your ROM for a pointer to the evolution table and evolutions per pokemon. That's an area most people don't change, but even if they do, that's the beauty of this being open source. You can just change the file.

RuFF

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
360 posts
9.3 Years
It's me again, I got it working but when my enemy Brock uses it to Onix his second Pokemon, it will say "Geodude's Heart Scale is reacting to Brock's Gold Teeth." and it continues to mega evovle but it doesn't change it's Sprite and says "Geodude mega evolved into mega Steelix". Please help me :(

I used heart scale as it's mega stone, gold teeth as key stone, and steelix as it's mega.

EDIT: I tried change Brock's Pokemon into Onix only and it work fine.
My Hack:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 26
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 19th, 2021
623 posts
12.5 Years
I don't know if anyone has tried kleenexfeu's Mega Evolution in Emerald, but I found some problems.

Apparently, the only one that works perfectly is the Wish Mega Evolution. However, the other two, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution with an item...not so much...

Primal Reversion...flat out doesn't work. I used G3T AND G3HS and it still won't work. All I get is this:
Spoiler:

Then, with Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone, it works...to a certain extent. I gave my Venusaur a Venusaurite, and when I activated it, the game locked up...for 30 seconds, THEN it activated.
Spoiler:

Once it Mega Evolves, however:
Spoiler:

That's not Mega Venusaur, I made sure a few hundred times. Has anyone else have this problem?

Also, there was one other glitch that I found where the Pokemon would stay as the Mega. I fixed it very easily. Just set the Mega Evolution option or Primal Reversion option to the Mega form to the original Pokemon. BUT, set the argument to 0 in G3T, or in G3HS, if you have an item, set it to the very first item, or the ??????? one. If you have a move, set it to the - option, which is the first option.
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
Male
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted April 30th, 2020
218 posts
8.3 Years
I don't know if anyone has tried kleenexfeu's Mega Evolution in Emerald, but I found some problems.

Apparently, the only one that works perfectly is the Wish Mega Evolution. However, the other two, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution with an item...not so much...

Primal Reversion...flat out doesn't work. I used G3T AND G3HS and it still won't work. All I get is this:
Spoiler:

Been a while since I didn't test this version, but I never had this bug.

Then, with Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone, it works...to a certain extent. I gave my Venusaur a Venusaurite, and when I activated it, the game locked up...for 30 seconds, THEN it activated.
Spoiler:

Same.

Once it Mega Evolves, however:
Spoiler:

Same.

That's not Mega Venusaur, I made sure a few hundred times. Has anyone else have this problem?

Also, there was one other glitch that I found where the Pokemon would stay as the Mega. I fixed it very easily. Just set the Mega Evolution option or Primal Reversion option to the Mega form to the original Pokemon. BUT, set the argument to 0 in G3T, or in G3HS, if you have an item, set it to the very first item, or the ??????? one. If you have a move, set it to the - option, which is the first option.

It is in the explanations if I remember well
I'll test later these bugs, but the mega will be in my base anyway, so you can either wait or try to make this work.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 26
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 19th, 2021
623 posts
12.5 Years
I'll test later these bugs, but the mega will be in my base anyway, so you can either wait or try to make this work.
I looked at your explanation. It helped with the problem with the Megas not reverting back to their original form. But, not with the other glitch, and Primal Reversion not working.
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240

leyn09

Truant Trainer

Male
Philippines
Seen September 22nd, 2016
Posted September 22nd, 2016
84 posts
10.6 Years
There is a problem with my AI evolution. I made a test run by putting a pokemon capable of megavolving at the first slot of opponent's party. I set both the player's and opp.'s var to the corresponding index item (161). The problem is sometimes, the battle freezes after my pokemon initiates an attack to the megavolving pokemon. But if it successfully mega-evolved, there are gibberish/glitchy messages appears in the text box (example: sadasdhajskdhasjkd$%!^&!^ is reacting to Ben's Mega Ring.)

I'm not sure what i've had messed up so im hoping for a heads-up. Thanks in advance!

leyn09

Truant Trainer

Male
Philippines
Seen September 22nd, 2016
Posted September 22nd, 2016
84 posts
10.6 Years
There is a problem with my AI evolution. I made a test run by putting a pokemon capable of megavolving at the first slot of opponent's party. I set both the player's and opp.'s var to the corresponding index item (161). The problem is sometimes, the battle freezes after my pokemon initiates an attack to the megavolving pokemon. But if it successfully mega-evolved, there are gibberish/glitchy messages appears in the text box (example: sadasdhajskdhasjkd$%!^&!^ is reacting to Ben's Mega Ring.)

I'm not sure what i've had messed up so im hoping for a heads-up. Thanks in advance!
Here is my screenshots of errors:
Spoiler:

Here's the script:
Spoiler:
'---------------
The bolded texts are the one related to mega-evolution
#org 0x80398E
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x881A9B7
waitmovement 0x0
call 0x8803A36
msgbox 0x8803A80 MSG_NORMAL '"I've been wanting to challenge\nyo..."
call 0x8803A48
setvar 0x4011 0x161
setvar 0x4012 0x161
additem 0x161 0x1

givepokemon 0xB2 0x32 0x3B 0x0 0x0 0x0 >>>> This is Est, with Darkness as held item
givepokemon 0xB1 0x32 0xD1 0x0 0x0 0x0
givepokemon 0x7D 0x32 0xE2 0x0 0x0 0x0
givepokemon 0x89 0x32 0xB3 0x0 0x0 0x0
givepokemon 0xA9 0x32 0xB7 0x0 0x0 0x0
givepokemon 0xB9 0x32 0xBB 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox 0x8803B2C MSG_NORMAL '"[player]: You're quite informed bu..."
trainerbattle 0x1 0x59 0x0 0x8803B83 0x880EE4B 0x8803A5A
special 0x0
goto 0x8803A5A

'---------------
#org 0x803A36
special 0x113
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x881A9BA
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
return

'---------------
#org 0x803A48
special 0x113
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x881A9C6
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
return

'---------------
#org 0x803A5A
call 0x8803A36
msgbox 0x880EE9F MSG_NORMAL '"????: That was a nice battle. You\..."
fadescreen 0x1
call 0x8803A48
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox 0x881A977 MSG_NORMAL '"[player]: I forgot to ask her name..."
setvar 0x4015 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x803A80
= I've been wanting to challenge\nyou, Hero of Green Valley, ever\lsince I started my new\linvestigation. Please, show\lme the strength that wiped out\lrenowned trainer guards!

#org 0x803B2C
= [player]: You're quite informed but I'm\njust a mere trainer. Though, a\lbattle is a battle!

#org 0x803B83
= Battle!

#org 0x80EE4B
= It is greater than I've had\nexpected. You're really strong,\lHero of Green Valley.

#org 0x80EE9F
= ????: That was a nice battle. You\ncould even be an Exceed.\p[player]: Exceeed?\p????: Haven't you heard about\nthem? They are graduates of SSF,\lor the SS Facility. I'm currently\linvestigating about them.\pWell then, Let's meet again!

#org 0x81A977
= [player]: I forgot to ask her name. I\nbetter chase her while I can.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x81A9B7
#raw 0x3 'Face Right
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x81A9BA
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)

#org 0x81A9C6
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied

Age 28
Female
Seen November 30th, 2016
Posted July 24th, 2016
164 posts
8.6 Years
Is this project completely stable touch?
No. The current version has introduced new bugs in the process of fixing old ones. I'm sticking to an older build of it until it is completely polished, or at the very least link battle mega evolving is fixed.

I'M A WITCH THAT'S HOW

RuFF

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
360 posts
9.3 Years
Can someone help me how to fix this? This is what happens when the AI's 2nd to 6th Pokemon Mega Evolve. Did I do something wrong? I'm using MrDs patch.

The message uses the AI's first Pokemon and the Pokemon's sprite is not updating. But I think the Base stats and the ability of the Pokemon changes properly.
My Hack: