• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Reapers: Attack on Atlantis (M) (IC)

Years

• Reapers: Attack on Atlantis

6eef042ba629b9f59fd3ea2acaa11546.jpg

GM'd by gimmepie and Nakuzami

Thousands of years before the great civilizations of today, long before the Balance War fought between the Reapers and Harbingers, another great civilization existed. The Atlantean people were a peaceful race who dwelled in island cities; they did not war with the other civilizations of the day and were never attacked for nobody on Earth could hope to topple them. Despite their power, they kept to themselves.

For hundreds of years the Kingdom of Atlantis prospered and developed, but there is a reason that Atlantis exists only in legends in today's society: for despite the kingdom's success, it was doomed. The Atlanteans possessed power and technology that no other civilizations could obtain. The Reapers could no longer allow their existence as it upset the balance of the Earth, and so it was determined that on the day of the festival of Betsalel Atlantis would be destroyed.

This roleplay chronicles the final days of the kingdom of Atlantis as the Atlantean people fight desperately to survive the attack of the Reapers. Despite their superior power by human standards, the Atlanteans were greatly outmatched in this conflict.

Gameplay

Attack on Atlantis has a relatively short plot chronicling the duration of the conflict between the Reapers and Atlanteans that lasts several days. The roleplay itself makes use of a combination of structured and sandbox elements in which parts of the RP's plot are separated into loose chapters. Within these chapters you will be able to react to the situations presented however you wish for the most part with the GMs steering the plot with our own characters and event posts when necessary for the RPs progression.

Rules

☞GM word is law
    ☞All RPC/L rules apply
    ☞Do not god mod and do not bunny without permission (if you don't know these terms, you need to read the RPC rules)
    ☞Try to be as active as you can, if for any reason you will be inactive for a noticeable period of time please inform us so we can work around it. Players who are inactive for a lengthy period without giving a reason will have their characters killed off and be removed from the RP (but can sign back up at a later date)
    ☞Be respectful OOC at all times
    ☞Have fun or else​

Accepted Characters
    We will keep SUs open until we feel there are too many players for us to keep up with.​

gimmepie (GM) as Samael Arcanum
    Nakuzami (GM) as ???
    ♒<Challenger> as ???
    Crunch Punch as Amelia "Amy" Dnes
    Sonata as Marcella Laquatus
    Xilfer as Alistair Morrows
    ♒Sir General Admiral Fancy Swank as Nesoi Halodyne Cerulua

A link to the original for your convenience

Years

• Introduction: The Festival

AncientGreece.JPG

The Festival of Betsalel if a time-honoured tradition in Atlantean society, honouring the founder of the Atlantean nation, the war-hero Betsalel who united twenty continuously conflicting factions under a single banner. It is by far the biggest event of the year in Atlantis, and from all over the country travellers pour into the central Atlantis City from the various smaller communities of the country to be a part of the celebration.

The festival is a joyous occasion; merchants from all over the nation ply their wears on almost every street, the canals are filled with boats displaying exuberantly decorations, artisans demonstrate their masterpieces, minstrels perform on every corner and various competitions and athletic events are held to commemorate the unification of the nation. There is never a happier day in the year for Atlanteans.

This is your introductory chapter. Whether or not your character is a soldier on duty, or simply attending the festival, this is your chance to introduce your character to us and get a feel for the setting.

Enjoy the happy atmosphere whilst it lasts, all kinds of hell await your characters in the near future.​

Years

• Samael Arcanum
    7jARvGx.png

32 | Male | General

Samael stood with several other high ranking soldiers around a large table occupied by a group of thirteen men and women donning effluent robes of aquatic blues and greens bound with shimmering gold thread. This meeting took place during every Festival of Betsalel, the council didn't want anything going wrong on this day. Nothing ever did, but that was just making them more paranoid since they felt it was only a matter of time.

"Samael," an elderly woman addressed the general the lack of formality bothering Samael slightly "remind us of your security measures this festival." The general moved to stand at the forefront of the collected soldiers and spoke in deep, clear tones
    "As per usual, several small squads will be moving throughout the city's districts in shifts. This way we not only assure that we always have fresh soldiers on duty, but they'll get to enjoy some of the festival to. During the ceremony the majority of our forces will be focused primarily in the city centre, however several smaller squads will still patrol other districts. A lot of them aren't going to be happy about having to miss the ceremony, but we've done what we can to minimize trouble from both soldiers and civilians."
    "Excellent, and of the other cities? The capital is not our only concern." The elderly councilwoman continued her questioning
    "As with previous years, we have coordinated everything in advance. All cities in Atlantis will be following a similar security protocol to us, overseen by their own leaders and generals. As per usual, it is expected that whilst some minor incidents are liable to occur, mostly because of drunken foolishness, but in general the Festival of Betsalel shall continue to run smoothly across the entirety of our nation."

Hoping that one last irritating tradition of these meetings wouldn't come to pass, Samael made to step back when another voice interrupted him.
    "One second Samael. What of outside forces?" questioned a man with thick grey hair and sharp narrow eyes.
    "I must remind you, councilman Alexandros, that whilst I am in charge of security during the Festival of Betsalel, I am not in charge of overseeing the defence of our border. I believe you appointed General Ander to that position some years ago. From what I understand though, the other nations that know of our existence still fear our significantly greater military power and have no intention of even coming near us, let alone launching an offensive. Of course, General Ander might say differently as this is his area of expertise and not my own."

It was an hour later that Samael had finally escaped the council building and stepped into the warm sunlight of mid-morning. The weather was fantastic and the festival was already in full swing with beautiful music and alluring aromas already wafting through the streets of the city. Samael would have given anything to be enjoying the festivities alongside his family, however he had been forced to spend the morning in the company of idiots like Alexandros and his infinitely more incompetent son Ander who had only made it to the rank of general due to his relation to the councilman, whom kept trying to saddle Samael with the job his son should have been doing.
    "Only reason that imbecile even has the role of border security is because everyone knows nobody is stupid enough to attack us from the outside" Samael fumed, speaking to himself under his breath.

"Thinking about our dear friend Anders?" a voice from behind Samael spoke as she walked up to him. A general like him, Andrea was Anders' sister but unlike him was significantly more capable. She, like Samael, was involved in ensuring the security of Atlantis' during the Festival and had only just returned from a coordination trip to one of Atlantis' furthermost cities in time for the recently finished meeting.
    "Of course not, that would be extremely unprofessional of me." Samael replied, his tone flat, even though they both new he was lying."
    "Whatever you say" the younger general laughed "I'll see you later, it's time to go to work."
    "Isn't it always?"

Samael broke off from Andrea and headed to the west of the city. He had volunteered to coordinate the security of that sector of the city, even though that job would generally be given to someone of a slightly lower rank. Andrea, one of the few actual friends he had made through his work, had also volunteered and was currently en route to the west of Atlantis city to undertake the same job. Samael was dedicated to his job, but he already longed for the change of shift so he could meet his family and actually enjoy the festival for a while.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • aa12648c9fec2e4576f4785d536fd31b.jpg

Acamus the Silent

Male || 29 years old

Acamus moved among the crowds, silent as ever. His shift had just begun, along with some more guards from his squad. Their task was just to keep everything peaceful in the districts before the celebration reaches its climax. It's a significantly easy job as there is really no one who dares cause a commotion. Everybody knew the prowess of the Atlantean guards and they knew what will happen if they do cause a disturbance. Acamus' new long sword was hung from his hip and his three-leaf clover shield was strapped to his back. His visor was down, giving him a really menacing look as he walked through the people. There were several people calling out to the guard, probably some merchant trying to earn a few coins, but Acamus is set on his job. Straight ahead.

There were other guards milling about the crowd, effectively dispersed to cover as much ground as possible. Acamus saw the logic in that but he did not saw the need. Most of the people are merchants and regular people, just intent on celebrating with everybody. Acamus half-hoped someone would cause a commotion just to break the monotony. His sword is ready and his arm is aching from the lack of use.

"I told you, it's expensive," Acamus heard a man say to his left. He turned his head and saw a pair of men around his age. They were trying to haggle with an elderly merchant over a piece of watermelon. "It's not even that good-looking."

"Then don't buy it," the merchant said. Despite his old age, the merchant seemed to be a hardy one. Acamus attributed that to probably long years of trading. "I've got other people that will buy my wares for the same price."

"Just a little lower, mister merchant," the other man said. His hair is blonde as the noonday sun. There is a vial of water strapped to his belt. "We'll go in peace with our watermelon, we hope."

"No. Go away."

"You are a pesky man, are you?" The first man reached for something behind his back. Acamus was faster, though. Before he could even take out a small dagger, Acamus already held the man by the wrist and head. His eyes glared menacingly from under his visor. The blonde man ran away, leaving his partner behind. Acamus released the man's head and confiscated the dagger. The man was groaning from Acamus' grip. "Let me go."

Acamus obliged. The man looked as if he was going to say something but chose to stay silent. He ran following his partner. He looked at the merchant but saw he was already busy counting his coins. So much for a thank you. He retreated from the stall and went back to his path. I need a good fight.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Rainer Tanner

Male \|/ Age 27 \|/ Festival of Betsalel

A man lent against the wall of a building who's paint sorely needed a new coat. The sun shone brightly, though the shade of the building kept him cool. He observed the festivities rolling through the streets with a keen eye, almost like he was waiting for something. A group of scantily clad girls danced past him, one of them catching his eye. She smiled at him and beckoned with a coy finger to follow her. The man couldn't resist. She broke off from her group and sauntered down a quiet alley, and turned to the man.
    "I saw you looking." She said with a hint of suggestion in her voice. The man chuckled, a deep, intoxicating sound.
    "I saw you like it." Was the man's response. The girl smiled slyly, and put her arms around the man's neck, leaning in close.
    "It'll cost you." She breathed. The man grinned, and closed the gap between them.

Rainer Tanner sat on the edge of his bed and fastened the buckles to his boots. The girl walked back into the room, with just a towel around her, having finished with her bath. The towel shortly landed on Rainer's head. He brushed it off casually, and stood up walking over to the girl who was still only half dressed. He kissed her cheek and handed her a pouch containing silver and copper coins.
    "Go wild." He whispered in her ear, biting it lightly. She giggled and turned to him, fastening her dress.
    "I guess then I'll see you this evening. Don't keep me waiting!" She giggled, stealing a kiss. Rainer reciprocated, before stepping back.
    "Like I'd ever keep a gorgeous girl like you waiting." The girl twirled towards the door of Rainer's small apartment above a failing merchant's store. The merchant was a friend of Rainer's, named Carsten, but the man was often busy, and Rainer rarely saw him. On her way Rainer tapped the girl's behind playfully. She stopped and glared at him in an enticing manner before leaving the flat, and Rainer, behind her. Rainer donned his green shawl over his purple tunic, and his purple scarf. These were essential to his captivating image no girl could resist.

Outside however, these did nothing to combat the heat, but it barely bothered Rainer. He simply took it in his stride, showing the world nothing could phase him. Well, almost nothing. The crowds were bustling here close to the centre of town and Rainer had a hard job making any progress. Not that it bothered him so much. There was plenty of time for him to gaze around and take note of particular flirting opportunities. Many stalls were set up for local and travelling merchants alike to sell their wares, something that interested Rainer greatly. He often liked to browse items that originated outside of Atlantis and took care to notice items originating from West Europe, especially those from England.

One stall Rainer stumbled upon had a small medallion with a picture of the king of England as the design. Upon inquiring as to the price of the medallion, and finding it quite cheap, Rainer snatched up the small piece of his heritage and put it in a pouch he kept in an inside pocket of his tunic. Rainer browsed the stalls extensively, buying himself a small pasty for a snack, before also obtaining a dainty ring and brooch for his date later. As it got late, Rainer began to head westerly, to a small restaurant with a view of the sea. He was a couple of minutes early, so he decided to walk to the waters edge and watch the sun slowly approach the horizon. His date was punctual, and together, Rainer and the girl entered the restaurant.

Inside was dimly lit, but it wasn't hard to see. Paintings hung on the walls and the ceiling was low. It created a very soothing atmosphere. The two sat at a table close to the window and waited for their food. as the sun kissed the horizon, Rainer lent in towards the girl and spoke softly.
    "You know, I really see us having something together. I would love it if you'd stick around, Mary." Normally, this would have been the moment a girl fell for him entirely, had her name been Mary. A cold, vicious slap reached Rainer's face faster than lightning strikes twice.
    "My name, is Lara." She emphasised strongly the word 'Lara'. Rainer was left alone, sitting looking like a fool having got the girl's name wrong. He stood up and left the table, having two now useless gifts in his pocket.

Rainer found a busy bar where a lot of people had migrated too with the darkening sky. Inside was packed, leaving barely any space for Rainer to get to the bar to order some ale. He eventually managed it, and took the ale to a table close to a pretty brunette girl. He took a sip, and leaned over to her.
    "So I couldn't help but notice your fantastic smile." He said, purposefully not looking at her smile but a little lower. The girl turned to him and giggled a little.
    "And what could you want? My smile is up here." He playfully reprimanded. Rainer pretended to correct himself.
    "Sorry about that," He apologised. "my eyes don't focus like they should. Sometimes they wander. Anyway, I thought a nice girl like you would enjoy a little something to go with that dress." Rainer pulled out the brooch and handed it to the girl. She seemed a little surprised, but smiled. Rainer moved around to sit next to the girl.
    "You know, you've got something about you," She began, but didn't finish, instead finding her lips to Rainer's.
    "I know." Came his reply when they'd finished. It didn't take long for them to head out to Rainer's apartment for the rest of the evening.

Back