• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello there!

Minkee

Cupcakes!
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2018
    I barely got to experience playing my first Pokemon game about a month ago. I've been religiously playing Pokemon X since I've bought it and I barely realized how much I missed out on during my childhood.

I never realized there was such a large Pokemon community until I Google searched it after having my first shiny encounter (that wasn't from trading) and it used Takedown after I got it to red health. I became curious if there was a group that would be able to understand the pain of that, hahaha.

I also have Alpha Sapphire now purchased and I've been patiently waiting to play that until I feel I have gotten my fill of Pokemon X. I've finished the adventures it had to offer so now I'm mainly working on my Pokedex and trying to capture all the Pokemon I can. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this community since I have been wanting to find a new online forum to occupy my time.

Cheers. ^-^

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! I feel your pain on missing out on shinies, my first was a Hoothoot in Crystal, except that I didn't know shinies existed at that time and now I feel really stupid because of it. I do have a bunch more shiny pokémon though so I guess that makes it better?

Anyways, I hope you have a great time, and just PM/VM me if you want someone to talk to. =3

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Hi there, Charissa! Interesting to learn that you've only gotten into Pokémon now. Better late than never, huh? Hah. Anyway, I hope that you'll grow to love Pokémon as much as I have.

Why not join a Pokémon club here? Sounds like you'd feel right at him with other like minded Pokémon fans. There's also a cool Trade Corner that will probably help you out in completing that all important Pokedex.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Years
  • Charissa... I really love that name, it's very special but very awesome at the same time. On that note, it's so nice to have you around the forums today!

So, you're new to Pokemon in general. Well, we're a great place to help you get adjusted fast and of the 6th Gen games are you currently liking XY or ORAS better, or do you like both? My first ever shiny was a Duskull caught while playing Ruby, and while I have had found a fair number of lucky shinies since, I'm not that much of a dedicated shiny hunter, although do consider looking around Trade Corner as mentioned above since they have some great breeding and trading services.

Anyhow, do enjoy everything here and I hope all goes well for you if you stick around. Feel free to leave me a visitor message if you ever need someone to talk to!

Years
  • Ah geez.. that's unfortunate about your shiny. :( But at least you weren't a silly goose and restarted over your copy of Diamond since you were desperate to replay and lost all your shinies. To this day that's still the dumbest thing I did. /sigh

But better late than never to get into Pokemon for sure! There are plenty of fans here, new and old, as well as many areas to get some help in. Hope you have a fantastic time and welcome, Charissa. ♥

Years
  • Hey Charissa! Welcome to PC!

Shiny Pokemon are like the bane of my existence! They are the most stressful things in the world to catch and I always panic if my fingers get too close to the "Run" button. You're Shiny story is so disappointing! I'd rage quit if anything like that happened to me haha. Do you happen to remember which Pokemon it was?

Anyways I hope you have a great time here and if you ever want to chat them shoot me a VM!

Minkee

Cupcakes!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2018
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! ^-^ I really appreciate it.

It was an Ivysaur, the encounter happened just last night when I was in a friend safari. I have no idea when I'll encounter another shiny from the wild, and despite having other shinies that I got through wonder trade or GTS, it would have felt very nice to finally have caught my own instead of getting them gifted from others.

Well, I'll start poking around in different areas of the forum. :) Thanks again!

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
    Years
  • Welcome charissa, I hope you like it here, there's a lot we have to offer, from trading forums to modified Roms by some of our more technically talented members

I'm 21 too, well I am in July, and I wasn't fortunate enough to have pokemon in my preteens. I played Pokemon Ruby on the computer in about year 6, with VisualBoyAdvance. And that was it for a few years. That game was where my first shiny encounter was. I found a shiny Magnemite in New Mawville that I evolved and ended up beating the elite 4 with. Then, as of around 2010 I was given a R4 card which is a Ds cartridge with a removable microSD card, and you can put numerous nds roms(game files) on it and play them, so I had Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, I preferred Diamond myself, and soon after I got my hands on some gen 5 roms which were Black and White, and had some fun with that too. (Dat Zekrom doh) and in 2014 bought a 2DS and my first legitimate pokemon game which was Pokemon X (for M Charizard X) and I've been playing that religiously ever since.

Now, when my pay check comes in next week I'll be getting ORAS, so I can get my Mega Gallade and Salamence on. (Hands in the air like I just do not care) |0|

See ya round :)

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hello Charissa and welcome to pc! i love your name it's very pretty. i never finished beating pokemon x..i stopped at victory road. oops :3 also, it's a pain to catch shiny pokemon! i've never encountered one, i've always ended up trading for them. you should check out the general pokemon section if you want to trade pokemon or just chat about pokemon! let me know if you need any help or just a friend, drop a vm.

Back