The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Prevent depositing of a certain Pokémon species

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old September 7th, 2015 (12:45 PM). Edited September 7th, 2015 by Zeak6464.
Zeak #3205 - Discord

Nature: Calm
    Thanks to Rot8er_ConeX

original post : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355203

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all done in the script section PScreen_Storage:

Step 1
    In the function "pbRelease", which starts around line 234, you should find the following code. Insert the red part:
    Code:
        if pokemon.isEgg?
          pbDisplay(_INTL("You can't release an Egg."))
          return false
        elsif pokemon.mail
          pbDisplay(_INTL("Please remove the mail."))
          return false
        elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
          pbDisplay(_INTL("This species can't be released."))
          return false
        end
    This step can be ignored if you want the player to be able to release the species.

Step 2
    In the function "pbStore", which starts around line 289, you should see the following code. Add the red part:
    Code:
        if pbAbleCount<=1 && pbAble?(@storage[box,index]) && !heldpoke
          pbDisplay(_INTL("That's your last Pokémon!"))
        elsif @storage[box,index].mail
          pbDisplay(_INTL("Please remove the Mail."))
        elsif isConst?(@storage[box,index].species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
          pbDisplay(_INTL("This species cannot be placed in storage."))
        else
    Step 3
    In the function "pbSwap", which starts around line 367, you should find the following code. Add the red part:
    Code:
        if box==-1 && pbAble?(@storage[box,index]) && pbAbleCount<=1 && !pbAble?(@heldpkmn)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("That's your last Pokémon!"))
          return false
        end
        if box!=-1 && @heldpkmn.mail
          pbDisplay("Please remove the mail.")
          return false
        end
        if box!=-1 && isConst?(@heldpkmn.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
          return false
        end
    Step 4
    Very similar to the last step. In the function "pbPlace", which starts around line 397, you should find the following code. Add the red part:
    Code:
        if box!=-1 && index>[email protected](box)
          pbDisplay("Can't place that there.")
          return
        end
        if box!=-1 && @heldpkmn.mail
          pbDisplay("Please remove the mail.")
          return
        end
        if box!=-1 && isConst?(@heldpkmn.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
          return false
        end

DM please
    Old September 7th, 2015 (5:36 PM).

I have seen you take my solutions to one person and then post them as a tutorial at least three times. While I agree that at the very least the Surf fix should have a tutorial - it's now a feature in the official games (I loved riding my Kyogre, even if it did make some Dive spots unreachable because of the huge hitbox), so a lot of people are going to try to emulate it - it is generally customary to ask someone before posting their work, even with credit.

If you had asked to use my work as a tutorial, I would have accepted (after altering my work to be plug-'n'-play rather than what I'll call guts-ripping scripts). However, by posting my work without linking my profile, you don't also include the stipulation I have in my sig when people use my work, which is to use my real username rather than the mistake that my phone caused, which I am in the process of correcting.

The black circular "doodles" in the lower right corner of my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
      Old September 7th, 2015 (7:05 PM).
      Zeak #3205 - Discord

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rot8er_Cone/ View Post
        I have seen you take my solutions to one person and then post them as a tutorial at least three times. While I agree that at the very least the Surf fix should have a tutorial - it's now a feature in the official games (I loved riding my Kyogre, even if it did make some Dive spots unreachable because of the huge hitbox), so a lot of people are going to try to emulate it - it is generally customary to ask someone before posting their work, even with credit.

If you had asked to use my work as a tutorial, I would have accepted (after altering my work to be plug-'n'-play rather than what I'll call guts-ripping scripts). However, by posting my work without linking my profile, you don't also include the stipulation I have in my sig when people use my work, which is to use my real username rather than the mistake that my phone caused, which I am in the process of correcting.
        I totally agree with were you are coming from , and from our PM discussion i think were all cool now about the situation.

DM please

Quick Reply