• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, hello!

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Hi there! :) Online, I go by Nas, but I see the username has already been taken here xP

Simply put, the other day I simply decided I wanted to join a Pokémon forum, so I looked it up on Google and this is the biggest, best one I could find from my opinion. I'm a huge fan of Pokémon, and would love to become acquainted here and have this as another place I could go to to talk about it! :3 My favorite Pokémon, to get this outta the way quickly. is Leafeon. Shortly put, it was the Eeveelution I chose in Diamond over Glaceon. Blaziken was my #1 favorite up until my recent re-surge in loving the series, which was when I got AlphaSapphire earlier this year.

I've been watching the anime on and off every since I was very little, and finally got my first game, Emerald, in 2005 when I was about 9. Ever since, I've gotten at least one core game and remake from every generation ever since, played tons of the spin off games, watched a lot of the anime and movies, and- starting recently- started to collect Pokémon merchandise for once.

Pokémon was my number one favorite thing as a kid. I have so many fond memories of playing Emerald, talking about the series with other kids at my new and old schools, battling and trading with them, going to a few Pokémon-themed parties at their houses, etc. I had watched most of the Hoenn and Sinnoh episodes, often getting up early every day and watching them, as well as doing so every afternoon when I got home from school. :P Most of all, I've often wished about living in the Pokémon world. A handful of years after realizing that isn't possible, I still dream. ;)

Unfortunately, around the middle of Gen V, a little after B2W2 came out, my passion started dwindling a bit. I had seen only a few episodes of the Black/White anime, and I never got to finishing White 2. Perhaps it was a lot of the negative things about BW that was a factor in this, or just the fact that I could've been a little tired of it, admittedly. I think I was no more than a tiny bit excited for X and Y when it came out. I got Y, and only got a little bit past the first Gym. I had really no more attachment to the series anymore, and I was sort of afraid it it'd be that way forever. But finally, the long-awaited Hoenn remakes I was dying for for quite a few years came out. Through playing AlphaSapphire, 10 years after playing my very first Pokémon game, I've reminisced over the past decade how the series changed my life, and re-established my love for Pokémon. Today, my passion burns more than ever, and I strive to keep it alive forever. I went to the amazing Pokémon symphony concert in July, and have recently gotten a Leafeon shirt, as well as Leafeon shirts and plushies, and Eeveelution posters. I learned that Pokémon is truly a timeless cultural phenomenon that all generations can relate to, and it's something that never really leaves you. :)

To try and keep this intro as brief as possible, I just want to say that I love the series more than nearly anything and I've been wanting to join a forum-based community to share my passion with! This place looks like a lot of fun. I joined last week but I've been busy with high school and work and have had difficulties managing my free time to make a post, and additionally I'm actually a tad nervous making this post and introducing myself xP But I hope to be active here, and to make some friends and have some fun with you guys! As I said, I am a tad bit nervous but I think I'll be able to get myself acquainted here within time. :3

Have a nice day~

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! I pretty much ran into this forum at random just like you, actually. I like Leafeon too, I don't think I've really used it any but I like all of the Eeveelutions so it gets a definite pass in my book. I also grew up with the pokémon anime, I watched the first two movies so many times when I was a kid and I saw a ton of Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto reruns when I was a little older. Even now I'm slowly going through the anime, I've recently started Sinnoh and I'm enjoying myself. Of course we have a board for the pokémon anime, go check it out if you'd like.

My first pokémon game was Ruby and that was around the time Gen 4 came out though, I sorta stopped being associated with pokémon for whatever reason for a couple years. Once I played it though I loved it and I've been a big fan ever since. Of course I like Blaziken too but the Treecko line wins it for me; I picked Treecko my first time and I had so much fun with it. Hoenn is my favourite region too so I was really excited when OR/AS were announced and I really liked those games, I like B2/W2 just a tiny bit more but it's a definite second for me.

So yeah, here's my story for you. I hope you have a great time and that we can maybe become friends. =3

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Hello there Nas! Welcome to the PC! Nice to meet you ^^

I'll start from the last thing you've said! You don't need to be nervous you know? We, members of the PC, respect everyone, and we are very friendly, we don't judge anyone! Although you're nervous you made an AWESOME introduction! Many shy people don't usually make an introduction like this! They usually just say "Hi"! But, I think you already got the idea ... you don't need to be shy, don't need to be nervous about asking a question, we will always help you need ;)

If you wanted to join a Pokémon forum, you've come to the right! PC has looots of awesome things to do >.< We have many sections with many topics to discuss, ROM Hacks and Game to try, trivia games, cool events, fanfiction, and much more ;) So go explore the forums, and find a section that you like ;)

Your favourite Pokémon is Leafeon? *-* I really like Leafeon. It isn't my favourite Pokémon but it's one of my favourite Eeveelutions :3 I like grass-types and I love the leaves on its body ^^ Leafeon is a great choice for a Favourite Pokémon! Btw, I love your avatar ;)

You have quite the story ^^ So when you were a kid, you loved Pokémon, but since Pokémon B2/W2 you had a break right? No problem! Everyone can have a break ^^ I had a break one year ago, but with so many months without playing Pokémon, I was longing to play >.<
    I guess your favourite Pokémon Game is Emerald? Or at least was? I think I can imagine your happy face when you heard about the remakes of the Hoenn Region ^^ Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are great remakes, that's for sure u.u

I hope you stick here with us! You will meet many people and make awesome friends! You will have fun posting in the forums and playing trivia game, so go on ... Start posting ;)

If you want to chat with me, just send me a message ;)
    Enjoy your stay! See you around~

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Hey Nas, welcome to PC 8)

Haha I'm quite similar to you in terms of recent dwindling interest! I loved Pokemon as a kid (like you have great memories of playing Emerald as a kid, for me I have fond memories playing Blue and Crystal) but I never finished W2 (got 2 badges I think) nor did I finish X. I finally finished OmegaRuby a few days ago and really enjoyed how it was both nostalgic but also fresh, and since then I've gone back to playing X more again and now have 5 badges.

Ooh, the Pokemon Symphony concert is coming to my city later this year too, I'm pretty interested in seeing it. What was it like? :D

It was great to read your introduction and learn about you 8) If you ever want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message! I'm sure you'll fit right in (:

Oh man I'm jealous. Symphony sounds like an awesome thing to check out if I had the time and money. You do seem like a pretty big fan! Same here, been into the franchise since the generation 1 days. And your taste in Pokémon is awesome too.. Leafeon is one of the best eeveelutions next to Flareon. :D Welcome to PC, Nas!

This is indeed one of the biggest Pokémon communities out there and dare I say the best. ;p We have a lot of active members, of course anyone else who loves the franchise so much is welcome. Please have an awesome time! Hopefully it'll help keep your love for all things Pokémon lit, too.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys! ^^ I'm a bit loaded with school and other things, I'll try to make some time for posting here and whatnot. :3

I love your avatar ;)

You have quite the story ^^ So when you were a kid, you loved Pokémon, but since Pokémon B2/W2 you had a break right? No problem! Everyone can have a break ^^ I had a break one year ago, but with so many months without playing Pokémon, I was longing to play >.<
    I guess your favourite Pokémon Game is Emerald? Or at least was? I think I can imagine your happy face when you heard about the remakes of the Hoenn Region ^^ Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are great remakes, that's for sure u.u

I actually did play a bit of Y, I got up to a little past Lumiose before I stopped. But now that I'm super into AlphaSapphire, I'm definitely going to go back and plow through Y at full force! Hopefully I beat it before Z comes out xP And yes, definitely! My favorite games are a tie between ORAS and Emerald. Only a few bits of stuff were a tad different in Sapphire than they were in Emerald, but for the most part, playing ORAS has been an absolute nostalgia trip for me, and has brought back my love of the games more than ever. <3 And yeah, I was ecstatic to learn they were finally getting made :D I was waiting for them so long, haha xP

Hey Nas, welcome to PC 8)

Haha I'm quite similar to you in terms of recent dwindling interest! I loved Pokemon as a kid (like you have great memories of playing Emerald as a kid, for me I have fond memories playing Blue and Crystal) but I never finished W2 (got 2 badges I think) nor did I finish X. I finally finished OmegaRuby a few days ago and really enjoyed how it was both nostalgic but also fresh, and since then I've gone back to playing X more again and now have 5 badges.

Ooh, the Pokemon Symphony concert is coming to my city later this year too, I'm pretty interested in seeing it. What was it like? :D
    Hehe, thanks!~ And wow, that's awesome! I only got one badge in Y, but once I finish AlphaSapphire I'm going to start over Y and hopefully finish it before Z comes out. But yeah, it's an amazing remake! Not only is it great to return to Hoenn, but with all the new features, story elements, Mega Evos and whatnot, it's possibly my favorite game ever in the series. The XY graphics engine is great for making the environments more real, and cutscenes more dramatic and cinematic, and they really took advantage of that in this game. The remixed music is amazing, too! I'll always love the compressed orchestral music of the original, but the remixes in this game sound even better in a lot of cases! Really gives the music of the original game new life, so to speak. A few tracks sound a bit different than the original, but they all sound great! This year has really been one big reminder of why the series was pretty much my life as a kid. And I now strive to never let it go again. :)

As for Symphony, it was absolutely amazing! It was pretty much my first Pokémon fan event of any kind. There was a giant screen on top of the orchestra to provide visuals (via both random visual effects as well as footage from the games) to go with the music. It started with a performance of the main theme as the title screens from all the core games and remakes were shown on the screen. There were three songs (some were single tracks, others were medleys) for each generation of core games. Then, they had a couple bonus tracks at the end, of which I will spoiler in case someone who's going doesn't want to know yet.

Spoiler:

It was amazing to see, especially in this year of me rediscovering my passion for Pokémon! Very emotional, the music was amazing, especially if you recognized it. They gave every generation fair justice, I think. It was awesome, loud, and emotional. Someone recorded the whole thing, if you're interested. Just search "symphonic evolutions Madison Square Garden", since I can't post links yet. MSG is one of the biggest and most popular venues here in America, I bet seeing it there was amazing. :)

Oh man I'm jealous. Symphony sounds like an awesome thing to check out if I had the time and money. You do seem like a pretty big fan! Same here, been into the franchise since the generation 1 days. And your taste in Pokémon is awesome too.. Leafeon is one of the best eeveelutions next to Flareon. :D Welcome to PC, Nas!

This is indeed one of the biggest Pokémon communities out there and dare I say the best. ;p We have a lot of active members, of course anyone else who loves the franchise so much is welcome. Please have an awesome time! Hopefully it'll help keep your love for all things Pokémon lit, too.
    Even though Leafy's my favorite Eeveelution, I love all of them :D They're super adorable. Also, wow, all the way since Gen 1? o.O That's amazing. This is probably a loaded question, but what's your favorite generation?

And thanks! I hope so too! Between balancing school work, hobbies like non-Pokémon gaming and watching YouTube, I'll try to make playing ORAS and catching up on the anime be a thing at least a little bit per day! xP But I know it won't go away this time!

Back