• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reading for Entertainment

Years
  • I know personally I am here mostly to roleplay on my own, and oftentimes I don't even read posts in my same roleplay (gasp!), but has anybody here ever read a roleplay purely for the entertainment without even being a part of it? So many interesting stories come out of what we create here, and its practically fanfiction, but does anybody bother to read it afterward?

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I scan some active IC thread, either to scan the posts or marvel at the formatting.

A lot of posts here are set up to appear "fanfiction"-esque, aren't they? They're more interconnected stories than constant interaction, which is interesting to me.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I scan some active IC thread, either to scan the posts or marvel at the formatting.

A lot of posts here are set up to appear "fanfiction"-esque, aren't they? They're more interconnected stories than constant interaction, which is interesting to me.

Yeah, for some reason that style is really popular here. You won't hear me complaining, because I really like it, but it certainly isn't the usual roleplay style. I'm a bit confused as what you mean with fanfiction-esque, though. Except for the obvious Pokémon ones, there isn't that much established universe stuff going on.

I don't read any RPs I'm not in. I'll follow an RP if I'm interested and I'm not in it, but at the moment that's just not the case, so I've just been reading Gunpowder and Abyllia.

Back