• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wordcount

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The minimum post count on PC is 100, and the maximum is far far beyond that. In the roleplays I've seen post can vary to be from every size, from a hundred to 5 or 6 thousand words. How long do you like your posts? Do you write long posts, or do you writer shorter ones? And if a post ends up being long, do you cut it up in parts, or post it as one long behemoth?

Years
  • I always try to keep my word count around 1000-1500. I find that after you get higher than that, people start to lose interest and don't read all of it, often missing important details. On top of that, once you start writing posts that get up into the thousands, are you really interacting with other people? Or are you just writing the story that you want? Shorter posts around a thousand I think promote interaction between players as well as keeping people from getting tired of reading.

(Sweeps nearly 3000 word post I just wrote under the rug)

Shorter posts around a thousand are better! :D

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I try to keep my posts under 3000 words. I write at least 1000, but once it hits 3000 I start looking for a place to split it up.

Years
  • My posts tend to be around 1000 words but can go up to about 2000. I tend to think that any more than 3000 words in a single post can become tedious and dull to read, however I wouldn't really enjoy a post with less than about 500 words either I don't think.

Back