• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Pokémon Hunts [ENDED]

[a id]sh_guide[/a id]Guideline and Rules
Global PokéCommunity Rules and Get-Together Rules apply.

The organizer posts a WANTED poster along a countdown timer at least one hour before the Hunt.

Please take note of each Missions and your own Points!

Participating all hunts are not necessary.

No one is allowed to hunt before the countdown timer ends!

The 'Wanted Pokémon' can be a hatched Pokémon or a wild Pokémon with added prerequisites, including but not limited to, Shiny, nearest-IV total, caught location, amount of Pokémon to catch, etc..

Hunts aren't limited to the core games.

Hunters are rated under this simple method: the fastest hunter to complete a task on that day gets the most points, 1st runner-up gets some points, 2nd runner-up gets only little OR those who fulfill the requirements get the most points!

[a id]sh_join[/a id]Hunter Sign Up Form
Username:
Games you own:

[a id]sh_scores[/a id]Scoreboard

Spoonacross - 410 Points!
Congratulations for winning the event, Spoony!

Sukyandaru - 30 Points!
Pancham Cutie - 180 Points!
zoroarkrules25
Lycanthropy
Lrachelr5 - 30 Points! (Awarded because of my clumsy mistake!)
Wiicked
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire - 80 Points!
DarkSkys

Spoiler: Scoring for each mission

200 Points for the first hunter to complete the mission.
100 Points for second main hunter to complete the mission.
50 Points for third main hunter to complete the mission.
Additional 50 Points for the hunter who excelled the mission (only given in certain missions, Hunters will only get to know they received it when the mission wraps up).
150 Points for all Bonus Hunts (no particular orders, you get Points as long as the mission is completed).
40 Points per video proof.
10 Point per image proof.

[a id]sh_tools[/a id]Help and Tips
Make sure you have at least 3-4 games of the following series:
X7CJUqk.png
MHl9azW.png

nex9tP9.png
a8hEOQe.png

5TxjlUv.png
9cMM2T3.png

AgbJqEJ.png
qBq4bdJ.png

9yOOBic.png
IdKlRbu.png

f3RXEPS.png

w6d5zHX.png

RlP4H9w.png
For example like, Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.*

While these are not necessary, they can help boost your Points for a bit!
- Image capturing equipment (camera, screen caps)
You are only limited to upload three image-proofs. - 10 Points/Per
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Blurry images are not accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

- Video recording equipment (video camera, )
Only one video per hunt. - 40 Point/Per
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Cannot be laggy; must be perfect clear[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Friendly Tips

Pokémon that are able to inflict any status problems are helpful.

Moves like False Swipe and Super Fangs are handy!

Prepare all kinds of Pokeballs.

Pay attention to Abilities.

[a id]sh_emblems[/a id]Emblems

21Asl6i.png

Winner's Emblem

t1htZVe.png

1st Runner-up Emblem

cskeNg6.png

2nd Runner-up Emblem

vKLszmv.png

Participation Emblem

[a id]sh_club[/a id]Pokémon Clubs Promotions (PGen)
If you are a member of at least one of these following clubs. Participating this event will reward you with 7,000 Chips (Contact Sun through PM after the event).

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club
The Fighting-type VIP Dojo!
☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Additionally, winning this event multiplies the mentioned reward Chips by four, 1st runner up will have his/her Chips tripled and finally the 2nd runner up receives a double instead.

If you join the aforementioned clubs during or after this event, you will still receive the promotions, just remember to contact Sun.

*Note: Chips do not stack up in any ways.

Created by Sun.
Additional credits to Sheep, Sopheria, Le Pug and Twilight Blade

Last edited:
Years
Username: Spoonacross
Games you own:
Alpha Sapphire, Y, White 2, Black, HeartGold, Platinum, Ruby (plus some of their counterparts but these are ones I primarily use)
Ranger 1, 2 & 3
Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity & Explorers of Time (but not that far into them)
Plus other spin-offs and earlier generation games, let me know if you need to know

Looking forward to this!

Reactions: Sun

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 15, 2019
Username: Sukyandaru
Games you own:
Alpha Sapphire, XY, BW, either B2 or W2 (idr which), HGSS, DPPt, Ranger Shadows of Almia, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Also RSE and FRLG but currently can't get access of them, maybe later in the event I'll have access x:.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Before I sign up, may I ask a question?

So is the goal of this to hunt Shinys for a set amount of time and whoever gets the them first wins?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Before I sign up, may I ask a question?

So is the goal of this to hunt Shinys for a set amount of time and whoever gets the them first wins?

Not necessarily shiny, for example:
- I will ask to DexNav a Pokemon with certain moves and/or Ability;
- it can be also fish for Male Corsola in HGSS and you are only allowed to use Lure Balls;
- even hatch some Pokemon with certain move sets;
- even recruit a Kecleon in PMD: Sky.

*Note that those are examples, not actual tasks.*

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, it involves catching; more games you own, the faster you complete your task, the more points you'll be able to get![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The person who has the highest score in the final day is automatically the winner of this event, of course.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Not necessarily shiny, for example:
- I will ask to DexNav a Pokemon with certain moves and/or Ability;
- it can be also fish for Male Corsola in HGSS and you are only allowed to use Lure Balls;
- even hatch some Pokemon with certain move sets;
- even recruit a Kecleon in PMD: Sky.

*Note that those are examples, not actual tasks.*

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, it involves catching; more games you own, the faster you complete your task, the more points you'll be able to get![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The person who has the highest score in the final day is automatically the winner of this event, of course.

Ah I see. I only own Y, X, OR, AS. Would I still be able to join?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ah I see. I only own Y, X, OR, AS. Would I still be able to join?

Of course you can! (:

Additionally you can borrow a friend/family's games that you do not own, restarting their save file is not required. (:

Welcome aboard! Despite the limitation, I'm still hoping you'll love and have fun with this event! (:

EDIT: Please don't forget to fill in the sign up form for an official sign up! ;)

Reactions: Z25

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
I'll go ahead and sign up.

Username: - Pancham Cutie
Games you own: - FireRed, Emerald, SoulSilver, Platinum, White 2, X, and Omega Ruby

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Of course you can! (:

Additionally you can borrow a friend/family's games that you do not own, restarting their save file is not required. (:

Welcome aboard! Despite the limitation, I'm still hoping you'll love and have fun with this event! (:

EDIT: Please don't forget to fill in the sign up form for an official sign up! ;)

Ah cool! I look forward to it:

Username:Zoroarkrules25
Games you own:
Alpha Sapphire, Omega ruby, X, Y, and emerald(which I just saw is allowed.)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
You know, why not? I might miss a couple (read: most) of these games, but I'll see which ones I can find. This should be fun!

Username: Lycanthropy
Games you own: FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Emerald (I think Sapphire also) and Black 2.
Additionally, I can perhaps borrow my brother's Platinum, HearthGold and White 2.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wiicked
Games you own: Trading Card Game FireRed, Emerald, HeartGold, Platinum, Black 2, X, Omega Ruby

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Sign ups are not gonna be close, but those who joined late cannot pick an expired mission.

Spoiler: Notifications

WANTED

98P2cuQ.png

On this mission:
- You can only use 100 Standard Pokéballs OR Premiere Balls1, 2.
- These following games can participate (Let me know which game you are participating with; you can only participate with one and CANNOT change midway):

MHl9azW.png
X7CJUqk.png

qBq4bdJ.png
IdKlRbu.png
9cMM2T3.png
f3RXEPS.png
- Pokémon with the following Ability cannot participate:
Color Change, Cute Charm, Effect Spore, Filter, Flame Body, Fur Coat, Gooey, Grass Pelt, Hyper Cutter, Ice Body, Intimidate, Keen Eye, Magic Bounce, Moody, Multiscale, Multitype, Poison Heal, Poison Point, Poison Touch, Prankster, Pressure, Protean, Rough Skin.

The following moves are banned:
False Swipe, Hold Back and all status moves except: Confuse Ray, Grass Whistle, Heal Pulse, Leech Seed, Perish Song, Sing, Supersonic, Teeter Dance, Transform.

Created by Sun. Text credit to Sopheria

Background image source: web image

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Catch as many Aipom as you can with those 100 Pokéballs/Premiere Balls!1

You aren't allow to buy more Pokéballs/Premiere Balls after you've began the hunt (make sure you are counting properly; in your case you need 99 Pokeballs, no more or less).2
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The Bonus Hunt will be posted as soon as three hunters have completed the mission. But I need to be online, haha.

Last edited:
Years
I'm using pokemon X and have caught a level 30 Aipom in the Friend Safari with the moves Fury Swipe, Swift, Screech and Agility and it's a bashful nature

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm using pokemon X and have caught a level 30 Aipom in the Friend Safari with the moves Fury Swipe, Swift, Screech and Agility and it's a bashful nature

OMG, I'm so sorry for missing the important info: I knew something was off, I was wondering why did someone reply that fast.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Catch as many Aipom as you can with those 100 Pokéballs/Premiere Balls!

You aren't allow to buy more Pokéballs/Premiere Balls after you've began the hunt (make sure you are counting properly; in your case you need 99 Pokeballs, no more or less).
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. @_@ Oh and you will need to make a separate post after you're done with the mission.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm gonna use Alpha Sapphire. Will you be wanting photos of all caught Pokemon as proof?

I would be happy to see them and they provide extra points.~
But please take note of this:

Original Post said:
While these are not necessary, they can help boost your Points for a bit!
- Image capturing equipment (camera, screen caps)
You are only limited to upload three image-proofs. - 10 Points/Per
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Blurry images are not accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The image quality you have shown from Shuffle Showdown: Winter Edition is perfect.

All ya gotta do is take pics of:
- A Box of Aipom and
- At least 2 screenshots of 2 different Aipom.
For example like
WORLD08Lucario-DP-TrainerMemo.png

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Username: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
Games you own: Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, White, White2 (why wasn't this included in the list, or did I miss it? Ps: Emerald and Platinum are mentioned as if they're a pair xD), Y, and Omega Ruby. I also own Shuffle (3DS), Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon World Rumble, and Pokemon Picross.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
Games you own: Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, White, White2 (why wasn't this included in the list, or did I miss it? Ps: Emerald and Platinum are mentioned as if they're a pair xD), Y, and Omega Ruby. I also own Shuffle (3DS), Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon World Rumble, and Pokemon Picross.

Wow, you saw through me. I mentioned Em and Pt like that on purpose. XD

I missed it on purpose, I forgot to include the 'etc, etc...' or 'and so on', hahaha. But that reminds me, I should update that part along your participation.

Years
Hunt complete! (At least I think it is, hope I did it all correct!)

Spoiler:

I was going to play some Pokemon whilst listening to podcasts before bed so just happened to be perfect timing for me!

Caught exactly a box full! Thought it would've been nearer the 50 mark at least but there were a few who were really stubborn! Used a Heracross and Cut btw.

Back