• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's it going, guys? Alpha Tango Foxtrot here!

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
  • What's good, PokéCommunity? I'm Alpha Tango Foxtrot! Feel free to call me Alpha, or Michael if that's better for you I suppose.

Anyways, I guess I should say a bit about myself. For the basics, I'm 19 and I'm a sophomore in college. I'm really into Pokémon, which I assume is probably obvious, given the fact that I'm posting here. I'm here because I really do want to find a community that shares that interest I suppose. I love the games. M favorite generation is definitely Gen II. I admire people who have a knack for competitive battling. I'm terrible at it, personally. Also, people who make fan games are pretty awesome. I also really love the Adventures manga series. I kind of have a semi-secretive loathing for the anime.

More about me -- In my spare time, I write fiction (will get into that later) and make YouTube videos -- so far only a couple of Pokémon Let's Plays and some Showdown battles here and there. I eventually hope to be a little bit more diverse I suppose.

Some personality type stuff that I guess might be kinda important so you don't get the wrong ideas about me -- I'm super freakin' socially anxious, and in turn I can be ridiculously awkward, though that tends to be more of an in-person issue. That being said, I feel like I'm much more comfortable in an online setting so I may not come off as an anxious wreck. I can be very ramble-y and wordy when I start talking about things I'm passionate about. Also, this happens when I get nervous and my anxiety acts up. It can cause confusion sometimes.

Anyways, I mentioned I'm in college. I'm an aspiring author, even though I'm pursuing a business degree. Realistically, I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing with my life. I figure that, if I end up hating business and actually wanting to pursue my dreams for a career, at least I'll learn how to market myself. So for now, I'm just pursuing my greatest passions, which happen to be writing, making videos, and Pokémon and going through the motions of secondary education.

Man, that got kinda dark fast. That's pretty much all I've got. Hope to get to know some people around the community!

Years
  • I'm someone who's more talkative online compared to real life as well, so I understand you there. And yeah I'm good, so nice to see you too Michael!

So, Johto fan? What was so special about that region's games to you? Nostalgic connections I presume? And speaking of your interest in competitive battling you might be interested in the Battling & Team Building section around here which has so much catering to the competitive scene, and also discussing the metagame itself. There's also a Pokemon manga discussion thread over in Pokemon General if you're considering that area.

Fanfiction & Writing is also there for your interests in literature since you do write as a hobby, and I bet the regulars over there would love to see your work. That should be everything covered, but if you ever want to talk don't hesitate to leave me a visitor message!

Years
  • Ooh, a fellow writer!

What sort of stuff do you write? I dabble in fantasy but never feel quite happy with what I produce...

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • So, Johto fan? What was so special about that region's games to you? Nostalgic connections I presume?

Most definitely. GSC got me hooked on the series as a child and the remakes were beautiful. I think a lot of the appeal has to do with the grand scale of everything in the games. 2 regions, 16 gyms, the epic clash with Red atop Mt. Silver, etc. It was groundbreaking at the time and is still unmatched today in the series.

Ooh, a fellow writer!

What sort of stuff do you write? I dabble in fantasy but never feel quite happy with what I produce...

I do a lot of fantasy writing myself. My writing kind of ranges, though. It can be anywhere from realistic fiction to full-blown magic and elves.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Hello there! Nice to meet you~! My name is killer150 but you call me chan or killer :D

I also feel anxious when I meet someone that I scared ( My DAD especially ) but normally in other social interactions like friend gatherings or online chatting, I always stay clam and keep the emotion flowing depending the situation. ( Ex : Party time or discussion time )

Besides, I hope that I can look your fantastic writings in the forums :) so I can learn more to write better. I love to draw especially drawing dragons.

Lastly, business is quite good if you like it and it has a wide range of available occupations. So try your best in the business course and do not forget to keep up with your lovely hobbies!!! ^^

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello there. Nice to meet you and welcome to PC. Hope you have a good time here.

Years
  • Alpha it is. n~n Welcome, Alpha!

I sometimes get bouts of random anxiousness but it usually goes away and doesn't last long, never fun. ;( People can be so complex and so many things can happen to us it's almost mind-blowing, aha.

The Pokémon games are amazing though! ♥ For sure. The second gen is great so it's nice to see you have amazing taste and I'm especially looking forward to what the series will bring next. Main series or remake all sound good at this point, especially with how awesome OR/AS were.

Be sure to message me through my profile if you'd like to chat anytime! See you.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Glorious night to you friend! I'm Dragon, and nice to meet you! I hope that you're enjoying your time here on the forums so far; and sure, let's go with Michael! If you've come looking for a community, you've definitely came to the right place. I competitive battle a lot myself, and we even have a pokemon showdown server, in case you'd like to learn and develop competitive battling styles there! I really love the pokemon adventures sage too; always love re-reading them~!

Aw, well, random anxiousness is common for me too sometimes, but, I get by! Don't worry, the members here are pretty friendly, and you don't have to be shy on getting to know a few of them! Of course we have many pokemon boards to choose from, so, you're more than welcome to participate!

Thanks for the intro! It was fun getting to know you! I hope you enjoy your time here, and hopefully we'll be great friends, cause' you seem pretty cool and friendly! Have a wonderful night too. <33

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hi there! You can call me Fiori. It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you have a good time here at PC. If you ever want to leave a message on my profile you're more than welcome to. Have a good day and see you around! o(^▽^)o

Back