• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Sup Guys

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Hey Guys!

Just dropping in to introduce myself , so here is a little bit about myself:

I am 18 years of age and currently live in the UK, I have just completed a Microsoft Qualification and am now looking into Uni Courses for next year. While i'm doing this I have been revisiting my love for Pokémon, since the last game I had played was the Heart Gold Remake, in which I loved.

I am really interested in picking up the Ruby Remake, because the newer gens don't really interest me that much, but I am not sure whether it is best to get this on the 2DS or the 3DS, any suggestions?

Anyways, enough of me hopefully see some of you guys around ~

Years
  • Hello there Britto! With a fancy B that is. I did see you posting in a few intro threads here so nice to see you finally made one yourself.

So, good luck with the uni stuff next year, but it's awesome that you're a Pokemon fan. I can understand if newer games (5th and 6th Gen in particular) aren't your cup of tea, because as we know, nostalgia is hard to get away from and it can be hard trying to get into the games that don't have that connection, but I think you should give them a shot because they are still great.

As for whether you want to play Omega Ruby on a 2DS or a 3DS, I personally would go with a 3DS since it folds up and can fit into your compartments, which the 2DS can't easily do. That said, hopefully you plan to take part in the discussions here and if you ever want to talk visit my profile anytime!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Hello there Britto! With a fancy B that is. I did see you posting in a few intro threads here so nice to see you finally made one yourself.

So, good luck with the uni stuff next year, but it's awesome that you're a Pokemon fan. I can understand if newer games (5th and 6th Gen in particular) aren't your cup of tea, because as we know, nostalgia is hard to get away from and it can be hard trying to get into the games that don't have that connection, but I think you should give them a shot because they are still great.

As for whether you want to play Omega Ruby on a 2DS or a 3DS, I personally would go with a 3DS since it folds up and can fit into your compartments, which the 2DS can't easily do. That said, hopefully you plan to take part in the discussions here and if you ever want to talk visit my profile anytime!

Thankyou for your kind welcome ^w^!

I will probably gander into the newer gens soon, but the thought of one of my favourite gens having a remake is something which I cannot wait to pick up! Looks so good!

I've also seen some videos of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and this looks mint aswell so I will probably pick this up as part of my Christmas funds.

Thanks you for the suggestion about the DS situation, I see bundles with OR with the 2DS that's all so I wondered if it was a better deal :D

AramRH

Well, im RomHacker
    Years
  • Hi Britto!

Im new here too so im trying to make some friends xD, im 16, and im from Spain huh.

Well as i say to all the new people, you should try to play some Hack Rom such as Light platinum, or Ash gray or some completed hack, they are very awesome because it's a completly new story huh.

Thank you for reading! i know my english is not good at all, but i try to do my best heh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    *Waves*

Welcome. Glad you could join us. I know the newer games were kinda hard to get into for me when they first came out. I had to play a friends Emerald because I didn't even have a DS when Gen 4 came out. Now I can't wait for Gen 1 to be released...again.

If you have any questions though don't hesitate to ask we'd be more than happy to help. :D

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Hi Britto!

Im new here too so im trying to make some friends xD, im 16, and im from Spain huh.

Well as i say to all the new people, you should try to play some Hack Rom such as Light platinum, or Ash gray or some completed hack, they are very awesome because it's a completly new story huh.

Thank you for reading! i know my english is not good at all, but i try to do my best heh.

Thanks for the welcome dude, I love Spain I have visited there and the Islands around it, I have never really been into ROM hacks but I will give it some time and look into it ^_^

P.S. Your English is great, don't knock yourself so much!

*Waves*

Welcome. Glad you could join us. I know the newer games were kinda hard to get into for me when they first came out. I had to play a friends Emerald because I didn't even have a DS when Gen 4 came out. Now I can't wait for Gen 1 to be released...again.

If you have any questions though don't hesitate to ask we'd be more than happy to help. :D

Thankyou for the welcome Caite! Yeah I personally love the older gens much more but hey maybe that is because that is all I played when I was a kid and I love to revisit them, they never get old!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I hope to see you around too; but meanwhile, lemme say, welcome to the forums! I'm glad that you're revisiting your love of pokemon, and I wish you luck on your Uni courses! I really loved HG too. The remake and everything.. ahh it was glorious. <33

As for the suggestion, I guess a 2DS is viable in case you want the cheaper option, though I'd prefer the 3Ds cause of.. awesome stuff, but yeah! Anywho, have a good night! See you. c:

Years
  • Hi there ßritto, welcome to PC!

I prefer the 3DS solely because it folds, much safer for the screen in the long run. The extra bulkiness on the 2DS isn't a good tradeoff for the screen protection so it was never something I was interested in. =( Though the game runs pretty much the same on either system in the end anyway since Pokémon's 3D aspect is hardly anything worth mentioning. It's disabled for half of the game's features.

Definitely recommend OR/AS - they're some of my favorite Pokémon games. The remakes have been amazing lately but X/Y are also pretty fantastic if you ever consider getting those.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hello there. Nice to meet you and welcome to PC. I hope you have a good time here. If you're ever looking someone to talk to feel free to leave me a message on my profile. I usually respond back as soon as I see a notification. Have a good day/afternoon/evening! (⌒▽⌒)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I hope to see you around too; but meanwhile, lemme say, welcome to the forums! I'm glad that you're revisiting your love of pokemon, and I wish you luck on your Uni courses! I really loved HG too. The remake and everything.. ahh it was glorious. <33

As for the suggestion, I guess a 2DS is viable in case you want the cheaper option, though I'd prefer the 3Ds cause of.. awesome stuff, but yeah! Anywho, have a good night! See you. c:
    Thankyou for the warm welcomes Dragon! It is very kind of you, and yeah it was such a good remake I could replay it over and over again and never get bored! >.<"
    Hi there ßritto, welcome to PC!

I prefer the 3DS solely because it folds, much safer for the screen in the long run. The extra bulkiness on the 2DS isn't a good tradeoff for the screen protection so it was never something I was interested in. =( Though the game runs pretty much the same on either system in the end anyway since Pokémon's 3D aspect is hardly anything worth mentioning. It's disabled for half of the game's features.

Definitely recommend OR/AS - they're some of my favorite Pokémon games. The remakes have been amazing lately but X/Y are also pretty fantastic if you ever consider getting those.
    Thankyou Sheep for the welcomes, loving the theme! & yeah I am thinking of picking up a 3DS XL for Christmas with Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon X or Y (Haven't decided yet..) & Omega Ruby. Cannot wait to play these games and start my own trading shop ^_^
    Hello there. Nice to meet you and welcome to PC. I hope you have a good time here. If you're ever looking someone to talk to feel free to leave me a message on my profile. I usually respond back as soon as I see a notification. Have a good day/afternoon/evening! (⌒▽⌒)
    Thankyou for the welcomes Fiori c: I have always wanted to visit Japan seems so cool and it is the home town of Pokémon, when I see pictures of the Pokémon Center over there it makes me so jealous! ._."

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Thankyou for the welcomes Fiori c: I have always wanted to visit Japan seems so cool and it is the home town of Pokémon, when I see pictures of the Pokémon Center over there it makes me so jealous! ._."

Whenever there's an event here in Tokyo it is crazy lol. A whole bunch of people attend the events. Well hopefully one day you'll be able to come down here. There's so many amazing places to go and check out. ^ ^

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello. Welcome to PC and it's a pleasure to meet you. Hope you enjoy your time here. If you ever want to leave me a message via my profile you can do so. I'll try to reply back to you as soon as I can. Have a good day and see you around on the forum.

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
    Years
  • I often used to say "WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM!" (Sometimes with a video of that guy from Altered Beast saying it) but I'm not sure if that'd fit here.

So... welcome to the Pokécommunity instead!

Enjoy your stay! Hope to see you again if you go inactive.

Back