• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you buying the new Pokemon 3DS?

Will you be buying the Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS?

• Yes and I do not own a 3DS/2DS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • I want to take this poll to discuss the results on my podcast later this week. We were disucssing it when it was announced and we both ended up pretty torn on whether or not we were going to get it. How about you?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    If I get enough money from selling then yes. I already own a 2DS, but I'm definitely here for a Pokemon themed 3DS!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Oh yes, definitely! Then I'm going to import a bunch of cover plates, and change them frequently. It's going to be great. This device would be 3DS #3 for me, adding to my Pikachu and Yoshi 3DS devices.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I already have my 2ds in good shape so I don't need a new one. But if I didn't have it I'll definitely consider a Pokemon one!!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Absolutely, and I already own two 3DS XLs. I will probably pre-order it from Best Buy considering it has limited quantities, but they don't have it available for pre-order yet. I'll probably sell one of my 3DS XLs just to help cover the cost, and because I don't need three 3DS systems, lol.

Years
  • I already have a 3DS XL, and since my region (EU/AU) is getting the 2DS bundles, I don't see a point in getting it since the 2DS looks unappealing.

Years
  • I'm really torn on this! I have a regular 3DS that I love, and the Pokemon one is really cool, but I'm not sure if I want or need two!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I am totally getting the Red/Blue 3DS with the cover plates. They look really awesome and it'll be my little piece from the special anniversary celebration.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't have infinite money, and just bought my 3DS a few months ago. I'm not really interested in getting a new one anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    No, I don't plan on getting it. Although I generally like collecting stuff, I'm just not that into collectible systems, and I already have two 3DS systems (a 3DS and a 3DS XL). It's hard to justify a third system at this point when I already have two that work fine (I have a nick on my 3DS XL screen that bugs me a bit, but not enough to replace the system). I do plan on participating in the anniversary celebration by getting several of the VC release titles (leaning towards RBY for each of my systems so I can trade with myself, do challenges, etc., so possibly six games), and if they eventually release GSC on VC, I'll bite with a set of those for each system as well. If they do any other commemorative bundles here that don't involve getting a new system, I'll consider getting them, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not getting it, either, as I already have a 3DS system. It does look wonderful, though!

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I don't see the point in it. I have no reason to want a N3DS. Going from regular 3DS to an XL was well worth it but I just can't justify the N3DS.
    That and I don't have money I can afford to spend on that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    There isnt just new plates? I want to buy it for my actual N3DS but if its and exclusive N3DS I wont buy it :/ I can spend more money in a new N3DS

pkmin3033

I won't be getting the 2DS that are being released in this country, no. There are three very compelling reasons for this:

1. There are already four 3DS in this house (one of each model, excluding the 2DS) so a fifth is most definitely not required.
    2. The 2DS is an unappealing brick.
    3. Insufficient funds.

I'll be getting the retro sprite faceplates for my N3DS, though. Those things are glorious, and they'll look rather spiffing on my white model. Much nicer than the tacky Super Mystery Dungeon ones. I'll settle for just buying the games off the eShop onto my existing consoles and save myself a nice amount of money in the meantime.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As tempting as they are, I have no real purpose to buy one. I have a perfectly working 3DS that I've yet to have any issues with.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Assuming I get my new job soon I plan to buy it

I won't be getting the 2DS that are being released in this country, no. There are three very compelling reasons for this:

1. There are already four 3DS in this house (one of each model, excluding the 2DS) so a fifth is most definitely not required.
    2. The 2DS is an unappealing brick.
    3. Insufficient funds.

I'll be getting the retro sprite faceplates for my N3DS, though. Those things are glorious, and they'll look rather spiffing on my white model. Much nicer than the tacky Super Mystery Dungeon ones. I'll settle for just buying the games off the eShop onto my existing consoles and save myself a nice amount of money in the meantime.

I like it but I was a big fan of the GBA look so that could be why. I just like the faceplate idea for NEW 3DS

Last edited by a moderator:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Thing I like about the 2DS is, that you have no chances at all for the hinge to break at some point. Also likely much easier to open up without accidentally breaking things if you need to do repairs on it.

But, I wish its design was better. I was told the L/R buttons are the most comfortable thing in the world, but it looks so awkward.

Years
  • Think the 2DS bundle here but I wont buy any N3DS until they start making games that only work for that or my 3DS breaks. I dont like the look of the 2DS so I would never get that anyway.

Back