• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Utmost Loyalty

Breezy

Eee.
Years
  • The Utmost Loyalty

Rated PG
    A short little one-shot (only 2 pages) which kinda rants, but I hope you enjoy anyways heh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't like to train. Not me anyways. What was I to you? Was I just another useless being to you? Did I have a purpose on your team? Why did you pick me to suffer while I watched the rest of my friends evolve and get stronger? I do not understand . . .

You like to use me for a lot of things. I was just another pawn in this ruthless game called life, huh? What did it matter if I died, or got hurt? You had plenty of other game pieces to use after all. I just protected the "king" Pok?mon; I just made sure that he didn't get hurt. Ha, that's rather ironic isn't it? Why send out a weaker Pok?mon to protect that of a stronger one?

I'm rather confused about that.

So you taught me new tricks. Like how to carry you and the "king" Pok?mon on my back while upon the terrible, stormy seas. Or how to scale up thirty foot high waterfalls and how to swim through whirlpools. You were proud of me, or so I thought, for you seemed delighted when I was able to carry you upon my small, fragile back. At first, I thought I was a helpful Pok?mon doing backflips to please you, but then the King told me what I was.

A HM slave.

I wasn't sure what he meant by that. Perhaps Goldeens can't comprehend these technical terms that humans used for us Pok?mon. HM slave? What exactly was that? Either way, I knew I was a slave; all of us are really, I just didn't know you could careless about what happened to me. I knew that if you could find an easier way to travel to and fro from city to city instead of surfing upon my back that you would take the chance like that.

So I did whatever I could to stay. I worked hard for you, trying to get better, trying to evolve into that of a mighty Seaking It was like you refused to use me though, except for that of sacrifices so that the King could heal himself. I was sent into many battles, but I never stayed awake to see the end. Perhaps I wouldn't be as weak as I am now if you realized that I'm not used as a sacrificial being, but as a Pok?mon. Sure, the King may be your favorite, but that means that I will never be made worthy of your presense?

That's unfair.

Either way, I was glad I was with you. I was glad to see the sights like the busy city of Saffron to the humble town of Lavender. I loved being in the presense of other Pok?mon despite the fact that you seemed to keep the other Pok?mon away from me. They sneeked their way around though and found a way to talk to me. They had a heart, and I'm glad about that.

Of course, I pondered if you do.

You battle brutally, almost inhumanely. You treat us, even the King Pok?mon, like an eccentric, almost vicious, five year-old with toys. Your vicious snarl, your piercing glare, your rough battle calls . . . We were all scared of you. You liked to beat me when you were mad, especially after you lose a battle, and it hurt like no other. The fact that you gave me slash marks and bruises wasn't the fact that I cried out, but the fact that I disappointed you, made you forlorn.

Forgive me for that Master.

I remember when Ponyta ran away since you scared her, and perhaps scarred her, for life. She was another useless being to you wasn't she? You only used her to get around huh the region with her quickness, huh? I talked to her about how were used and abused, and I suppose that thought embedded itself in her head, for the next day, she was gone. She wasn't very good, that Ponyta. Why would anyone run away from you Master?

The King says that he doesn't blame her for escaping; he too had thought such thoughts about leaving. Rather shocking since he is treated the best out of all of us, but I suppose that leaves pressure on him. He must have to live up to your high standards and be that of perfection. I always longed to be him, to be treated like a creature instead of dirt. But I knew that this wasn't possible.

So I did the only thing that you could appreciate, and that was to stay by your side no matter what. I would do absolutely anything for you, even if it meant surfing for miles, lost at sea, even if it mean scaling one-hundred foot waterfalls, and even if it meant tackling fifty foot wide whirlpools. I was extremely dedictated to you, but I suppose you were blind to that.

Then, all of a sudden, Pidgeotto evolved, and now you could fly and get around much easier than that of surfing. No more surfing for you!

Was I really that useless to you? How can you just . . . throw away a Pok?mon like that? Don't you have a heart? Surely, your heart has room for the King, but there wasn't enough room for me? How can you just . . . release a Pok?mon into that of a random lake in the middle of a forest? Couldn't you have sent me back to Professor Oak at least? Couldn't you have at least traded me for a worthier Pok?mon? No huh?

So many Pok?mon long for their freedom, including that of the King. I wanted to stay; I was always your most loyal.

I hope you regret what you've done though. The Ursarings look hungry . . .

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Ah, cool one shot. =D

There were some errors~~~ xD I can understand why you said they were rants. I don't think 'anyway' plural is a word, and 'scarred.' You needed a comma: I was just another pawn in this ruthless game called life (no d needed here), huh? More if you proofread. o.o

Now, I'm not entirely sure, but is this like a metaphor to a chess game (the pieces)? I remember doing something similar to this once, although I failed miserably. ;_;

I was a bit confused at the end, but it was a meaningul story. I really loved how you tied it in with the pawns, the ruthless game, and the 'king' of the Pokemon team. That was done wonderfully. Just wonderfully. ^__^

Good one shot, Breezeh. =D!!

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • I think I got all 'em stupid mistakes! =D Yay! This is what I get when I don't proofread. XP Take a lesson from that kiddies!

"Anyways" isn't a word? Is it really? =/ I know that "scarred" is a word though.

scarred

adj 1: deeply affected or marked by mental or physical pain or injury; "Could her scarred mind ever be free of fear?"; "a face scarred by anxiety"; "the fire left her arm badly scarred" 2: blemished by injury or rough wear; "the scarred piano bench"; "walls marred by graffiti" [syn: marred]

Ja. Thanks for reviewing Lileh! ^_^

Back