• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - February 2016

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360725]Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition[/URL]

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329029]Pokémon Heart Red[/URL]

Votes: 23 22.5%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=354161]Pokémon Heiwa[/URL]

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years

Hack of the Month Voting - February 2016

Hack of the Month is a monthly ROM hack contest that aims to shine the spotlight on the best of the best that PokéCommunity's hacking sections have to offer! Each month, three of the best hacks are nominated and pitted against each other, to be voted on by members of the community to decide the winner. The winner's hack thread is then stickied for the duration of the following month, until the next winner is announced. To cast a vote, simply check out and play (where possible) the hacks that have been nominated and then cast your vote using the poll at the top of this page. If you feel a hack deserves to be nominated for Hack of the Month, feel free to suggest a candidate for next month's competition by posting in this thread and it might just get nominated next month!

Eligible hacks

• Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition by colonelsalt
    QB3SH9F.png
    NkOt241.png
    kjlVCB8.png
  • Pokémon Heart Red by TriggerHappy187
    7ZczxlP.png
    DkqrfbK.png
    FnVD16v.png
  • Pokémon Heiwa by Lostelle
    iYxQePm.png
    5X7ZE1s.png
    5p8G2eh.png

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Voted for the Rocket Edition one because it had a lot of potential and had a very good twist. HeartRed is really great too though considering we need more DS hacks and this one is a very good step.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Great competition this month. I voted for Heiwa because it looks so good, and might be the most unique feeling rom hack I've played. I love Team Rocket hacks, and Firered: Rocket Edition might be one of the best ones yet. Also like to see 4th gen rom hacks and appreciate the work that it takes to hack them :D

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I vote for Heart Red, since that game look amazing out.
Self the graphic look amazing out.

Yes, the graphics alone make a hack. :|

Heiwa has the creativity backing it up with originality, new tiles, and updated mechanics. Remakes are too popular nowadays, what with ORAS and then so many others like Light Platinum or Liquid Crystal or Platinum Red ... it's just overdone and oversaturated. Congrats on the graphics update but seriously, Idk about everyone else but I've played that same story way too many times.

Rocket Edition got my vote and simply because of the originality. Playing as a Team Rocket member isn't necessarily original but the story behind it is, so far. Plus you get to steal Pokemon from the trainers you just defeated so there's that! This is the only beta I've completely finished (besides certain ones for beta testing) and one of three hacks that has ever peaked my interest (the others being Twisted Mind and Glazed). I see a great deal of potential in RE and hope to see more in the future.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I think Heart Red is being underestimated by many. It is a DS hack with some considerable amount of progress made on it which is practically a unicorn around here.

That said, I voted for Rocket Edition. The concept is very interesting.

Years
I've only played Heiwa and Rocket Edition since I'm not that interested in DS hacks :\
Anyway, I played Rocket Edition once and then when I'm at Mt. Moon I got lazy and just stopped playing. Good game though!
The mechanic where you get to steal Pokemon was excellent! Good job colonel!

And, Heiwa! I know I played the whole beta, but oddly I can't remember what the story was. But good game, still! That's why I voted for it.
Anyway, good luck everyone!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
I voted for the Rocket Edition, obviously It is an amazing idea, maybe It lack graphical improvements but still playing as an evil is such a great feat! I really hope It'll be finished!
Banzaaaiii Team Rocket!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
Loved Heiwa so much because of new feels and story behind it. It was a hard one but still I would have voted rocket edition either way because of you're not playing as Red (Hero) but as the villain and this is very unique :) anyway good luck for all of these three nominees

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I like the look of Heiwa, but I went with TRE for trying (and succeeding) in doing something a little different. :)

Back