• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you guys be interested in a profile designing contest?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Would you guys be interested in a profile designing contest? Maybe we could have participation emblems and winner emblems if there is enough interest. Will go into this further if enough people are interested. :)

Years
    I know that during Get-Togethers there's the Prettiest Profile Contest (PPC), but it's not usually held outside of those. It'd be a neat idea for supporters though, although I tend to usually be terrible at those :(

When we were saturated with monthly PPCs, the number was lowered due to decreasing participation.

We could bump the frequency up if there's interest. I'll bring the other Trivia/Game section mods in, since the event has typically been split between Pokemon Trivia and Other Trivia/Forum Games/The Playground when it's not been part of a Get-Together, and see what they think.

I'm game for upping the frequency, myself.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Possibly? I've been meaning to update my own profile since a million years ago xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    When we were saturated with monthly PPCs, the number was lowered due to decreasing participation.

We could bump the frequency up if there's interest. I'll bring the other Trivia/Game section mods in, since the event has typically been split between Pokemon Trivia and Other Trivia/Forum Games/The Playground when it's not been part of a Get-Together, and see what they think.

I'm game for upping the frequency, myself.

This sounds pretty fun! If we aren't sure how much activity there will be, maybe we can start by making the first contest exclusive to The Playground.

I'm personally in favor of a single. catch-all contest (Pokémon-related or not), but if the activity is seriously explosive enough, then I'm also fine with splitting it between Pokémon Trivia and The Playground for subsequent contests. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm game! If you move forward with it I'll post a thread advertising it in A&D. Hopefully we can get some of the creative kids to come out and play. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, I say we do it bimonthly, that way instead of only doing it 2-3 times a year we do it 6-8 times a year (counting GTs).

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'd be down, though i never finish prettifying my profile.

Years
    This sounds pretty fun! If we aren't sure how much activity there will be, maybe we can start by making the first contest exclusive to The Playground.

I'm personally in favor of a single. catch-all contest (Pokémon-related or not), but if the activity is seriously explosive enough, then I'm also fine with splitting it between Pokémon Trivia and The Playground for subsequent contests. :)

I'm thinking the first one should be Pokemon 20th Anniversary themed to coincide with some of the 20th Anniversary stuff that The Pokemon Company is currently doing, and then have the next one be a normal one.

Tentative schedule I was thinking of:

February/March - 20th Anniversary theme
    May - Normal
    July - NA Summer theme?
    September/October - ???
    December - Holiday theme?

An idea I think may be worth considering is leaving the May and/or September themes up to a member vote potentially.

We've been talking about this for a few days now. I'm game for PPC. Problem is getting hosters and judges.

Well, that may not be all that difficult if we go for a forum-wide promotion of the event.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Im in although i cant say ill be great at it, but ive been meaning to update my profile anyways!

Back