• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey OOC (T)

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
black-and-white.jpg

RAINBOWS
A Kanto Roleplay. Rated T. 0 spots are open.

The region of Kanto is known by many to be one of colors. Every route and city seems to carry its own hue, as their names reflect as well. This story will take place in this colorful region, in which 9 trainers will set out to start a painting of their own. You will encounter many arduous challenges, and face many ferocious enemies, be they man or Pokémon... and your fate is in your hands.

Workings

This roleplay will be chapter-based, meaning every new area we reach will comprise a new chapter. Each new area will have Pokémon for you to catch, and a small number of missions for you to undertake. Please use this thread to coordinate who will take which, and how you will cooperate.

Pokemon from more regions than just Kanto will appear, so don't be worried. If you have a specific request for a Pokémon to appear or a way to receive it, please send me a message and I'll do my best to accomodate you. When you attempt to catch a Pokémon, please end your post in a cliffhanger at the moment of the ball shaking. I will then judge your post and see if your battle was sufficient to capture the monster. Similarly, I ask you to please confer with me before you evolve your Pokémon as well.

This RP will have no true levels, and there is a maximum of 6 moves learned by Pokémon. You may learn moves by leveling up as you see fit, but Tutor and TM moves will have to be learned through hard work and possibly an NPC tutor, similar to how Ash taught Iron Tail to his Pikachu in the anime.

The setting will be a number of years after the events of RBY. Team Rocket has disbanded, Giovanni has vanished from the Viridian Gym, causing a fresh face to have taken over its leadership... but that's not to say that all is well in the region right now. Trouble is brewing, and you will become involved in its clutches, whether you like it or not...

Rules

1. Follow all PC and RPT rules, and be kind and polite to your fellow players.
2. The GM's word is law.
3. The rating is T, so keep all storylines to mild themes.
4. There are no reservations, simply post a character sheet if you want to sign up.
5. Never take control of another person's character. It is allowed to take anything they did already and react to it in your own post, though!

Sign-Up

Name:
Age: (under 20, please. unless you can think of a reason for an older character to only now receive their first Pokémon and go on a journey.)
Hometown: (anywhere in the Pokémon world is allowed.)
Appearance: (a picture is allowed, but describe anything that isn't on the picture, like bags or shoes, or colors.)
Personality: (general, and some strengths and weaknesses please.)
Background: (explain your background, leading into why your character is going on this journey.)

Starter Pokémon: (species and nickname, can be any non-legendary, unevolved Pokémon)
Nature: (don't worry, this won't affect their 'stats' or anything)
Ability:
Moveset: (1 egg move is allowed, up to 6 moves total, but you might start with less.)

Players:

Sayoko as Game Master / Ritsu ''Ritz'' Ashborne

Supercell as Aspen Farwell
Utopian as Tanya Heartroot
Patoto as Rosemary du Fontaine
Digimon Kaiser as Eric Damon
LinearAxel as Tabitha ''Tabby'' Fray
dud190 as Quinn Darshoon
ImMrRoboto as Kade Storm
ShaymieTheShaymin as Elise "Ellie" Masen
That Lonely Girl On A Laptop as Oakley Brumble
Djobi Djoba as Robert Moss

0 spots left

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
You stole the latest post from me. My OOC and IC posts for Hoenn CHronicles should've been the first one up there for a while.

Hopefully I will sign up for this. I'm not going to now though because I just finished an RP post two days in a row, which i never do, so I'm kinda tired. But I think I will make an application later.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
Name: Rosemary Du Fontaine
Nickname: Rose
Hometown: Anistar City
Appearance:
pink-haired-anime-girls-yuki-onnas-profile-30992453-300-300.jpg

Her bag looks like a Jiggelypuff and is a backpack.
she wears black school shoes and a red skirt to match her uniform

Personality: kind, gentle, a bit clumsy at times, helpful and impatient

Background:
Ever since she was little, Rose loved to play around the pokecenter at Anistar city. she saw how pokemon and trainers came in tired and left happy, refreshed and taken care of. This inspired her at the age of 5 to become a Pokemon nurse herself. Pursueing her dreams, she went to school and tried to get good grades. She did well but, when she tried to get into the nurse school, they said to her it would be better to meet the pokemon in person by traveling the world. Taking the advice, she set out to Pallet Town, where a new pokemon would be waiting for her.

Strength:
- As a nurse, she needs to keep a cool head at stressful situations. Rose is training for this and doesn't often panic, even in the most stressful settings.
- She is an easygoing character who is kind to everyone she meets, until proven that they are not worth it. This might make her more likeable to strangers.
- Rose has developed a bit of an eye for people and pokemon who need help. She often stops what she is doing to help that person/pokemon as soon as possible.

Weaknesses
- As rose is kind to others, she is also a bit gullible, making it easy to trick her. She will never intentionally give away her pokemon to danger though.
- Rose her impatience she inherited from her father. He was always excited and ready to get out on adventure. Due to this impatience, she can get annoyed by people who need their time. She is working on this.
- Rose is a bit clumsy ever since she was embarrassed at school and bullied by one of her senior students. This made her shy and even more clumsy. She is working on regaining her full confidence.

Starter Pokemon:
Budew lv. 10
Nature: bashfull
Ability: Natural Cure
Nickname: Flora
Moveset:
Absorb
Growth
water sport
stun spore
sleep powder

[edited in some more details for my starter and clothing information]

Last edited:

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
I'd like to start by saying english isn't my native language so sorry in advance for possible spelling/grammar errors. c:

[FONT=&quot]Pokemon RPG

Name: Tanya Heartroot
[FONT=&quot]Gender: Female[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Hometown: Saffron City.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Appearance:[FONT=&quot]
Spoiler:

(I also wear a white hat with a ribbon on it, and I carry a white bag)[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Personality: Kindhearted, Cares a lot about family, Quiet, Snob (Changes later on)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Strengths
- a true Go-getter, always wants to achieve her goals and will not be stopped easily.
- She values the power of friendship and therefor is very loyal towards her friends, whenever theyre in need of something she will help out
- Tanya is very honest and not afraid to speak what's on her mind. Some people don't always approve of this, but she thinks lying won't get you anywhere.

Weaknesses.
- As she is new to the whole first pokemon and going on a journey dream Tanya tends to be inexperienced and insecure, this will affect her in battles
- Tanya has always been a little vengeful and the whole drama with her Father didn't help. Sometimes she's blinded by vengeance and will lose sight of things that are more important.
- Her snobby personality will reflect upon pokemon at first. She thinks looks are more important then skill. (This will change as well)

Background: Tanya was born in Saffron City and the latest addition of the prestigious Heartroot family.
The Heartroots have always been well known in Kanto for having close ties to Silph Co.
Tanya's father, Charles Heartroot was a hard worker and one of Silph Co's most respected employee's.
From the beginning to her teen years Tanya had everything she could wish for, this luxury lasted until she became 16.
Her family lost everything after Charles was framed for something he didn't do.
Unemployed, on the brink of poverty and in a deep depression, Tanya would not stand by and see her father suffer like this.
She swore to take revenge on the person that has caused all of this chaos.
But that wasn't enough, vengeance would not restore her family's name or get all of their precious belongings back, and thus she had to think of some way to help them out.
Tanya remembered there was a lab in Pallet town where trainers could get their first pokemon and decided that was her first course of action.
On her way to pallet town she developed a plan, in order to help her family she would use her pokemon to defeat trainers and gym leaders so that she could save up enough money. Determined, hopeful and with a fresh new start she made her first steps towards Pallet town [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Starter Pokemon:
[/FONT]
meowth.gif

[FONT=&quot] (Glimmer)
Ability: Pickup
[FONT=&quot]N[FONT=&quot]ature: Docile[/FONT][/FONT]
Moves:
- Growl
- Scratch
[FONT=&quot]- Iron Tail[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
tumblr_nmjkhuJpRL1rsghfro2_500.gif

Name: Tabitha (Tabby) Fray

Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova

Personality:
Tabby rotates between two battling styles: The first being to frustrate her opponents. Examples include using the thunderwave/airslash combination, volt switching between two electric types so they take twice as long to defeat, or locking a Pokemon into an ineffective move with encore (IE Earthquake on a flying type). The second is to be completely, utterly reckless. For example: using self-destruct/explosion when the chips are down. These strategies might not be the best, but according to Tabby, they are the most fun, and that's the point. What's the point in winning if it's all you ever think about? Life's too short to have only one goal, and it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

Speaking of the journey, there is no place Tabby won't go, and she'll love every second of it. From the deepest cave to the tallest shopping mall, if you need a friend for the journey, Tabby will gladly be that friend…even if she's never met you. People make the Pokemon journey all the more exciting, she believes, thus she loves meeting and interacting with as many as possible.

Whether you find it charming or obnoxious, Tabby is incredibly hyperactive. She does not do well staying in one place for too long, and if she has the chance, she will choose the most difficult of the paths available to her. Fly back to the city? No way! Let's cross the desert! Who knows what we'll find out there!
This could make her a bit difficult to handle for the traveling partners she is determined to find.

Strengths:

Confident -- Tabby believes she can accomplish anything, with enough persistence and energy.

Friendly -- Everyone is a friend until proven otherwise.

Brave/risk taker-- A dangerous situation will not stop Tabitha, in fact, she'll seek them out.

Weaknesses:

Reckless -- Tabby spends the majority of her life rushing into situations without giving any thought to the danger said situation might present.

Hyperactive -- Like the Energizer Bunny, she just keeps going, and going, and going... Often choosing to skip meals or sleep in order to continue on her journey.

Naive: Tabitha's friendly attitude makes her all too easy to take advantage of.

Appearance: At 5'6, she is a decent height for a female. Since she has such trouble standing still, and occasionally forgets to slow down and eat, she is slightly thinner than average. Tabby doesn't have one set fashion style; she can wear a casual jeans/jacket/t-shirt outfit one day and a flashy skirt/top outfit the next, it all depends on how she feels that day. Similarly she travels with a decent amount of hair chalk, and colors a strand or two of her hair in a different color each day.

History: Tabitha's mother relocated herself and her daughter to Nimbasa city following a messy divorce from her husband. She believed the excitement of such a bustling city would help Tabitha (then age eight) cope with all the necessary changes implemented into her young life. Tabitha quickly took to the Carnival city, its multitude of theme parks and attractions being the perfect place for a child so hyperactive and thrill-seeking.

As she grew older, Tabitha came to deeply admire the city's gym leader, Elesa, not so much due to her prowess as a model, but because of the absolute frustration she often saw on challengers faces after they left the gym: Her tag-teaming Emolga-volt switch strategy left a great deal of her opponents baffled and Tabitha star-struck.

Eventually the (now teen) Tabitha asked if she could join the gym in order to be trained by her idol. While Elesa admired the young girl's spirit, she also recognized that Tabitha had a lot of growing up to do before she could undergo any serious training. She suggested Tabitha first go on a journey of her own, discover things about herself that one can only discover when pushed to their limits.

The idea struck true with Tabby, who quickly became beyond excited at the idea of going on a perilous quest of self discovery. She decided this journey would take her away from Unova, to another region far, far away, where everything would be unfamiliar, and thus that much more exciting. It was the story of Red, a young trainer who almost single-handedly took down a giant criminal organization, that brought her to choose the colorful region of Kanto.

Once she made her decision, she returned to Elesa to tell her the news. Said gym leader, thrilled her advise was so well received, presented the new trainer with an Emolga egg to take on her journey.

Starter Pokemon:
emolga.gif

Emolga: Ziggy (Stardust)

Moveset: 1. Thundershock 2. Nuzzle 3. Air slash (egg move) 4. Quick attack

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
ENwAPZf.png

Name:
Aspen Farwell

Hometown:
Icirrus City

Physical Appearance:
With his 5'9'' feet Aspen is usually seen wearing a waistcoat, or a vest of some kind. With his ash black hair and light brown to almost crimson eyes he stands out, even though he doesn't want to.

Personality:
Kind, even when he doesn't want to be. Speaks his mind, but knows when to keep quiet.
Usually keeps personal things to himself, even when he is hurt.

Strengths:
- Logical —— Doesn't get puzzled much by looking logically at the problem at hand.
- Adventurous —— Aspen never backs down from an adventure, he isn't afraid to jump right into a hole without knowing what could be lurking in there.
- Strong —— Aspen has always helped out with the bakery. Having to keep up with his 300 pound of a strongman dad has made him surprisingly resilient, and very strong for his size.
- Good at cooking —— Can cook.

Weaknesses:
- Lack of confidence —— This causes him not to try his hand at many things, he is afraid of letting other people down or not being smart enough.
- Has a short attention spawn —— Aspen's mind usually drifts off when he is alone, and he seems to only be able to concentrate when someone is with him. Making him easily prone to danger.
- Loner —— Aspen's has a hard time making new friends, he doesn't dislike anyone per se but he doesn't bond with many people, he likes to travel alone unless he meets the right people.

Background:
Despite being of age Aspen still struggles with his future plans. His dad, a simple baker, would love nothing more than to see his son take over the business. But Aspen has always dreamt of becoming a trainer and he hates the thought of being a baker. Back when Aspen was ten years old, the golden age to become a trainer, he was too scared to set out and follow his older brother. Now his dad pushes Aspen every day to work beside him in the bakery. Someone will have to take over someday. But it's not going to be Aspen.

Aspen wants to follow his brother, defeat the one who has always been better. Who has even beaten their dad and started his journey.

Family:
Aspen has always been standing in his older brother's shadow. Aspen's brother Leo has always had the edge on him, but Leo has always been humble about it. Mostly because Leo is 5 years older, and it's normal for the older sibling to be better at everything.

Leo, Aspen's brother, has been out to become the next great pokemon master and has been gone from home for 13 years. Sometimes Leo sends a letter back home, but their dad usually burns the letter before Aspen even gets to know about these letters.

Aspen's dad is a baker, and actually hates the thought of his second son becoming a trainer. He tries everyday to teach Aspen about the beauty behind baking. Aspen usually gets scolded and thrown a bread towards him when his dad catches him playing with pokemon.

Aspen's mom's whereabouts are currently unknown. She kept the fact that she is a trainer a secret until the birth of Aspen, afterwards she left home and nothing has been heard from her since.

Starter Pokémon:
7.gif

Nickname: Olivia

Starters Gender:
Female

Starters Moveset:
Tackle
Watergun

Starter Ability:
Raindish

Starter Ability:
Timid

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Just gonna poke my head in and express interest for now. I have an already made character I wanna use, but I'm not sure if the RP I made him for is gonna survive the wave of inactivity it's been hit with.
If it doesn't survive, I'll sign up with Drew Tucker
If it does survive, I'll make a new character :)
(I'd be happy to make a new one anyway, I've just grown attached to Drew and want to see him live on)

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
(mind if I join? This character will be used in a fanfic I am working on, and need to give him a test drive of sorts.)

Name: Eric Damon
Hometown: Technically lived in the wild prior to his tenth year of age, but his first civilized home in Nacrene City, Unova.
Appearance: Eric is a very fair-skinned individual, with spiky red hair and piercing blue eyes. He is an even six feet in height, and weighs about 156 pounds.

He wears a dark brown cowboy hat, with a black pair of goggles around the brim. His shirt is a lime green T-shirt with some kind of faded Pokeball logo on it, possibly Silph or Devon related. He also wears khaki shorts that are quite baggy, white socks, and grey sneakers with a Master Ball symbol on each outward facing side.
And around his neck is a heart-shaped locket, which is very important to him. To see what's inside, you need to earn his trust completely.

Personality: Brave, Kind, Knowledgeable, Pure of Heart, Hopeful, Sincere, these are words to describe Eric on a good day.

However, he is also rather impatient,quick to anger/upset, and a bit arrogant at times.

Background: Eric's biological parents both died of a sudden illness while he was barely old enough to walk without assistance. He was raised by a pride of Litleo and Pyroar until he was found by a scientific expedition funded by former Nacrene Gym Leader Lenora.

Eric was taken in by a couple who couldn't have a child of their own, and fell in love with Lenora's niece, Peggy Owen.
She taught Eric many things, like how to behave in a civilized world, and about Arceus, of whom Eric is now a devout follower.

The next several years were very romantic, but unfortunately, mere days after Eric turned sixteen years old, Peggy was killed by the group known as Team Rocket, in a failed attempt to save the Cubone's mother. Eric then swore he would avenge her death, even if it meant dying in the process. If there are remnants of Team Rocket around Kanto, Eric will dedicate his life's work to bring them to justice.

Starter Pokémon: Skorupi
Nature: Admant
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset: Bite, Poison Sting, Leer, Knock Off, Pin Missile, Acupressure

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

36c1c4aa-9b7b-42bf-9002-e25ad28f1ad6_zpsacdd2bcd.png~original

Hikari Kazuya

16 // ♀ // Laverre City

Appearance

Hikari stands at a height of 5'4" with a somewhat slender body build. She sports a fair skin complexion with sapphire-blue eyes. While in reality Hikari's chocolate-brown hair is quite long, it comes off as much shorter due to the style of which she wears it. She keeps a majority of her hair pulled up into a tightly-braided ponytail of sorts, causing the bulk of her hair to reach just to her shoulders. Coming from a family of tailors, Hikari tends to be very fashion conscious about her dress. A pair of sturdy, black, leather boots adorn her feet and a black leather jacket is always worn over her attire. One could say she tends to dress in a more rebellious manner. A short skirt is usually worn around her waist, held in place by a black, leather belt. Purple fingerless gloves can often be seen worn over hands, with various tank tops and graphic tee-shirts worn over her chest. More often than not, Hikari wears these a bit shorter, showing off her lean tummy. Regardless of what style she chooses to dress in, Hikari is never seen wtihout a necklace handed down to her by her grandmother. When traveling, she can be seen sporting a black backpack off her left shoulder.

Personality

Hikari is a dreamer through and through. She yearns to experience new challenges and meet new people, often all for the sake of simply being able to say she's accomplished something new. The teenager is prone to daydreams, often fantasizing about incredible adventures and faraway places that could possibly only exist in fairytales. A good-natured soul, Hikari will often go out of her way to help those around her, especially ones that she considers to be friends. That said, she is a bit gullible for her own good and because of this it is quite easy for her to be taken advantage of. Even when this happens however, Hikari simply moves on with a smile and tries to find the silver lining of the situation. When Hikari meets someone new, she tends to try and pick a nickname out for them that reflects something about their personality or appearance. While these names could come off as a bit mean, Hikari truly does not mean any harm. It should be noted that she is deathly afraid of Ghost-types and water, the latter mainly because she does not know how to swim.

Background

Hikari was born and raised in the Kalos region. She lived in Laverre City with her mother and grandmother, both of whom made their living working as tailors in the tree-based city. While their work is not world renown, it is quite famous within the region of Kalos. Many people would travel to Laverre City simply to sample their fine, silken products and accessories. When she was just a young child, Hikari often had no qualms about this sort of life. She enjoyed spending time with her mother and grandmother, helping them out in their shop with sewing and gathering of materials with the aid of her mother's Pokémon. However, all things would not remain sweet and innocent forever.

As Hikari grew into a teenager, she began to fall out of love with the family business. She began to see the work as tedious and boring, and began to dream of leaving the town to embark upon her own adventure. She was fascinated with the concept of forming a strong and impressive Pokémon team and battling against other trainers. She dreamed of climbing up Sinnoh's Mt. Corronet, visiting Johto's impressive Safari Zone, and seeing the amazing sights of Nimbasa City in Unova. Her mother however, had other plans. She dreamed of Hikari carrying on the family business, and would often get into rather heated arguments with her daughter over the issue. Her mother saw the girl's dreams as impractical, merely more of wild and impulsive daydreams. As time went on, relationship between two continued to deteriorate, much to Hikari's grandmother's dismay.

While her grandmother could see the validity in both Hikari and her mother's reasoning, the older woman knew that Hikari needed to get out and experience a life of her own before making a choice about what exactly she wanted to do with her life. On her sixteenth birthday, Hikari's grandmother gifted her with an egg-hatched Eevee and a necklace that she had worn for most of her entire life. Confused at first, Hikari did not know what to truly think of this moment. However, her grandmother quickly explained that she gifted Hikari a Pokémon so she could go on the adventure she always dreamed of, and the necklace to remind the girl that no matter what choice she made in her life, that there would always be a place for her to come home to. With the opportunity finally presented, Hikari set off her to make her dreams come true. She vowed to prove to her mother that her dreams were not just silly fantasies, and what better way than becoming a Pokémon Champion. With her Eevee in tow, Hikari set off for that adventure in the region of Kanto.

Starter Pokémon

250px-133Eevee.png

Kenya // ♀ // Adaptability // Brave

Moveset

Tackle // Quick Attack // Tail Whip // Bite // Charm

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
Whoa! I have to say I'm amazed we got so much interest and sign-ups already, even from much more experienced players it seems... Thank you very much! I'll be going through each of you to mention what I'd like to be changed (if anything), and likely accept you!

Hello! Thanks for your interest in this roleplay! I wasn't sure, but is your SU done as it is now? You're lacking a Background section, and while I love Tabby's personality, I find it hard to distinguish her strength and weaknesses like this... Also, we're all supposed to be playing beginning trainers, so your moveset for Emolga is a bit overpowered, since it doesn't learn Discharge and Volt Switch until level 40+ I believe :/
So, I'm sorry if I seem critical since it's supposed to be a relatively low-key roleplay, but for now I'll have to put you on pending. But I'd love for you to join!

Hello! I really like your character, it sounds like he'll be an interesting addition to the group, being raised by Pyroar and such. He's sure been through a lot at his age. I only have one concern; in this iteration of Kanto, Team Rocket has disbanded. There will be shenanigans with former Rockets, but I'm not sure how he'll 'exact his revenge' on them so much... I'll leave it up to you, but keep in mind this is rated T, so no bloody murder please. You're accepted though!

Err. Hello! I'm surprised to find such a detailed character sheet amongst the sign-ups! You seem very experienced, and there's nothing I could tell you to improve it either, so... accepted! I just hope you won't mind playing with this group of beginners :P

So, thank you all for your interest and I'll look forward to any other sign-ups! I'll also get to putting the IC thread up in the next few days, so get ready to begin (:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Hello! Thanks for your interest in this roleplay! I wasn't sure, but is your SU done as it is now? You're lacking a Background section, and while I love Tabby's personality, I find it hard to distinguish her strength and weaknesses like this... Also, we're all supposed to be playing beginning trainers, so your moveset for Emolga is a bit overpowered, since it doesn't learn Discharge and Volt Switch until level 40+ I believe :/
So, I'm sorry if I seem critical since it's supposed to be a relatively low-key roleplay, but for now I'll have to put you on pending. But I'd love for you to join!

Hello! I have to apologize. I typed this up shortly after getting back from my grandmother's funeral, and I was a bit...scatterbrained. I'll make the necessary changes right now! ^.^

Update: Changes are made!

Last edited:
Years
Late night writing is not good for me. I'll probably look back at this and hate most of it, but for now I think I'm good. :3

OPzxss2.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Hometown: Floraroma Town

Appearance: Ellie is a tiny girl, standing at barely four feet tall. Her skin is pale and refuses to tan no matter how long she spends in the sunlight, though her cheeks always have a small hint of pink in them. Her features are small, and her sisters often compare her to a fairy. Her hair is blonde and curly, and falls down to the middle of her back. She often wears dresses and goes barefoot, but if she has to wear shoes, she'll wear a pair of pink flats with white polka dots.

Personality: Ellie spends most of her time daydreaming, and can often be seen staring off into space. She has very little experience dealing with people outside of her family, but tries to become friends with others. She's easily distracted, and will distract herself in the middle of a sentence if something else catches her interest. She's selfless, and puts others before her, which often lands her in trouble.

Strengths:

Good with directions- Ellie spent most of her free time before her journey researching the Kanto region, and knows her way around with a map, though she's positive that she'd be able to find her way around without it.

Brave- Ellie's prepared to take any challenge head-on, and has very little fears (not that she'd admit it).

Weaknesses:

Naive- Due to spending most of her life in a small town, Ellie's extremely naive about the outside world and doesn't know much outside of flowers.

Easily distracted- Ellie has a very short attention span, partly due to her age and partly because everything is new to her, and tends to get distracted by anything and everything.

Background: The middle daughter of a family who owned a local flower shop, Ellie spent most of her time outside among the flowers. As a result, she never really interacted with other people. She received a Togepi egg on her tenth birthday, which hatched a few weeks later. After seeing how much fun her older sister had on her journey, Ellie decided to leave on her own shortly after her twelfth birthday.

Starter Pokémon:
irenurk.png
(Hope)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Serene Grace

Moveset: Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Future Sight

Last edited:

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
Hello! I have to apologize. I typed this up shortly after getting back from my grandmother's funeral, and I was a bit...scatterbrained. I'll make the necessary changes right now! ^.^

Update: Changes are made!

Thank you very much! With this I think I can accept Tabitha easily. Welcome to the crew, and I look forward to playing with you (: Accepted!

Hi! Thanks for your interest, and I really like your character! She seems adorable. I just had one request - could you add a few strengths and weaknesses to her personality section? For now I'll put her on pending, but apart from that, I think she's good to go!

TO FUTURE APPLICANTS: Currently this RP has a cast of 5 girls and 2 guys, so if possible I'd really like the final two slots to be filled by male characters! Or at least one... Please keep this in mind if you're considering signing up :B

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Name: Kade Storm

Hometown: Anistar City, Lavender Town

Appearance: A picture of him is attached. Other than this, he wears a black bag.

Personality: Kade is an introvert, and seldom speaks to anyone. In all of his classes in school he sat in the back row, usually in the corner. I anyone ever tries to engage conversation with him, he would simply give blunt responses and find excuses to leave. But if he's convinced that the person he's talking to isn't worth his time, he'll simply ignore them and continue whatever he was doing.
Strengths
Imagination: Kade is very imaginative. He enjoys finding creative solutions to his problems.

Intelligent: Spending a lot of time to himself has allowed Kade to better develop his intelligence. He had near flawless performance in school, and was often bullied for this reason.
Weaknesses:
Antisocial: Having poor social expierience of his own has caused Kade to talk to almost no one. He'll talk to his very few friends, but not much. He far more prefers to keep to his books.

Restless: Kade cannot stay still. He gets restless and starts fidgeting with the stuff around him.

Background: Kade Storm was born in Anistar City to Thomas and Ellen Storm. Thomas was a ferryman and Ellie was a professional Pokemon trainer. He was raised around his mother's Pokemon, including a female Snorlax which produced an egg when Kade was little over two weeks old. The newborn immediately took an odd liking to the egg. Many times, his parents would find him asleep, clutching the egg. Then, when Kade was 6, his egg hatched into a Munchlax. The two bonded almost immediately.

Unfortunately, they had to move for a reason Kade would never quite understand. All he ever knew was that one day his family packed up and left to Lavender Town in Kanto. It was here that Kade met his best friend, a girl named Cassandra Ribbon. The two became great friends. Unfortunately, it was not to last. One day, she simply disappeared. Very few know what happened to her, including Kade and her parents.

This caused Kade to become an extreme introvert. He hardly spoke to anybody and always say by himself, reading. After graduating from school with honors, Kade went to work at the Kanto Power Plant. He was an efficient worker, but his attitude hadn't changed. However, his mother feared that he would stay like this and offered him to go and do work for her old friend, Professor Oak. After a lot of convincing, Kade agreed to go.

Starter Pokemon: Munchlax
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Thick Fat
Moveset:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Metronome
Zen Headbutt (Egg)

(I don't plan to do much with the Cassandra storyline)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Years
It's been so long since I've joined a roleplay...I probably shouldn't because of time constraints, but I will, because to hell with it! I need to roleplay! If I could reserve a spot? :)

Name: Kaizer "Kai" Utaka
Hometown: Pallet Town, Kanto

Appearance:
(a picture is allowed, but describe anything that isn't on the picture, like bags or shoes.)

Personality:
(general, and some strengths and weaknesses please.)

Background:
(explain your background, leading into why your character is going on this journey.)

Starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Root
Nature: Brave
Ability: Overrow
Moveset: Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Tackle, Endure (Egg Move)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Quinn Darshoon
12 years old, Male, Originated from Pastoria City, Sinnoh

Appearance:

Personality:
Strengths
Energetic
Quinn, as he has not advanced in age for enough yet, has insane amounts of energy. He tends to run around alot and because of this, he finds out about a lot more information than other people would, and has better luck at finding random items on the ground than other people. Thanks to his energetic nature, he tends to spread his energy to other people.
Intelligent Pokemon Battler
Thanks to all his time spent with and observing Crasher Wake as a littler kid, Quinn has learned how to battle from watching him, and when Crasher Wake has spent time with him, he learned even more tactics. He is very good at applying those tactics wherever he battles.
Hopeful
It doesn't matter what the situation is. Quinn will never lose hope in any situation. He won't lose hope in a friend, in a pokemon, or in a battle. And those are just a couple of things he doesn't lose hope with. He just doesn't.
Weaknesses
Rash
There comes a side-effect with being very energetic and adventurous, and that is making rash decisions. Whenever something comes up, he likes to make a decision right then and there, so he can get on with it, and doesn't bother to think of what may result because of it.
Awkward
Quinn is generally viewed as weird and awkward by most people he meets. When he meets someone, he wants to try tto be friends with that person, but he generally is too hyper and energetic to make friends with people. Because of this, most people like to stay away from Quinn if tey can unless he isn't acting hyper at that time.
Ignorant
Back when Quinn was with Crasher Wake, he gave Quinn lots of advice on pokemon and pokemon battles. In a sense he was kind of like a second father to him. So Quinn doesn't like other people telling him what to do, as he believes that Crasher Wake has the best advice and that his advice should only come from Crasher Wake, even though the advice given by someone else may have been genuinely good advice.
Background: Quinn's family lived in Pastoria City when Quinn was born. His parents were generally carefree with Quinn, and when he was 6, didn't really mind what Quinn did as long as he came back. At first, Quinn wasn't sure what to do with his free time. Eventually, he wandered near the Pastoria City Gym and the gym leader happened to be out of his gym at the time. Quinn explained why a little child like him was doing out in the open, and Crasher Wake decided to help occupy his time by having Quinn shadow him. So for the next 3 years, almost every day he would go to the Pastoria City Gym and watch Crasher Wake. There was one day where they went to the Great Marsh together and caught a Croagunk together, which Wake kept but developed a close relationship with Quinn and had a great time when Quinn came to the Pastoria City Gym.
When Quinn was nine, Quinn's family suddenly moved out of Pastoria City. Quinn wasn't going to get to be able to say bye to Wake, but by a stroke of luck, Wake came out of his gym for a breath of fresh air. Quinn said he was leaving for a while, and Wake ran up to him really quick and gave him the pokemon that they caught together. Quinn then went out of sight.
When Quinn's family settled down in Vermillion City, his parents suddenly became alot stricter on where Quinn goes. He only is allowed to go outside under the sight of his parents. Other than that, he started staying inside most of the time. Finally, when Quinn was 12, he told his parents that he would go on a journey with pokemon and that he will be back. But the true reason why Quinn left was because he wanted to see Crasher Wake again.

Starter Pokemon: Croagunk

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Poison Touch

Moveset: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch(Egg Move)

Last edited:

Sayoko

small evening child
Years

Hello! Thanks for signing up! I like your character, but I'd just like you to add a little more to his Personality section! Maybe some general comments about his demeanor would be nice (: And are you planning to do anything with the Cassandra-storyline at all, or is it just the reason for his introversion? Not that it needs to change, I was just curious. Pending for now before any personality changes.

Hi! Thanks for your interest in this roleplay! I'm sad to inform you that this RP will not have any reservations, so if someone else signs up with a complete character sheet before you do, they will have precedence! That being said, I'd be happy to have another male character in, and one with one of the original starters to boot. I hope you'll be able to find the time for this RP too; I'm not sure how fast-paced this will be yet, since we're just starting out and finding our pace, but posting on a regular basis would be appreciated at least :B

EDIT: oh, and just as I post this another person signs up... meaning that now we are technically filled up. I'd invite you to finish your SU anyway, because if I particularly like it I may make an exception and let you in anyway... provided you finish it within the next ~36 hours, and you're sure you can keep up posting regularly.

Hello! Thanks for your interest in this roleplay. Could you maybe add one more weakness to his personality, since currently it's a 3-2 ratio, and being ''too friendly'' isn't exactly a weakness anyway, I think... Also, Croagunk has too many powerful moves at this point; as a rule of thumb, because we're all supposed to be beginning trainers, I'm allowing moves up to around level 10. So could you amend those? Otherwise you're just fine! Pending, as well!

EDIT2: dud190 is Accepted!

EDIT3: ImMrRoboto is Accepted!

Last edited:
Back