• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Another) RPT Adoption Thread | Up For Auction: 6 | Quick Ideas: 5

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
ROLEPLAY IDEA ADOPTION THREAD

Ever had an idea for a roleplay that you don't have the time or heart to pursue?
This is a thread dedicated to archiving and hopefully distributing game concepts. It's all by-players, for-players here! If you have an idea that's been pestering you for a while, submit it here; details on how and relating curriculum are listed below this little blurb. Afterwards, a member may come across that little idea and decide they'd like to take a crack at it, and they'd post simply in the thread saying they'd want to adopt it. Of course, if that user never gets around to developing it or simply uses interest--it happens to everyone--they may return the idea where it will be listed alongside the other archived ideas once more.

It's a simple process but there are a few key things to take note of:

• Only one idea may be claimed by one person at a time, just in case.
  • I don't want good ideas to be lost forever due to inactivity or forgetfulness. If a member does not post a thread concerning their adopted idea (i.e. Interest Check, OOC, etc.) after a month of having adopted said idea, it will be returned and re-archived. (That's right, I'm always watching...)
  • It is the adopter's right to edit or have edited their claimed idea as much as they see fit. There is also the chance, with a thread like this, that an idea listed here could be "stolen"; you might suggest a Gijinka high school roleplay and, a week after, a Gijinka high school roleplay OOC thread could pop up by someone who never spoke a word here. I implore anyone who would or could be upset by such an instance to remember that this is, first and foremost, an inspiration thread. It is meant to further brainstorming and spark creativity, motivation. etc. Whether that comes from tinkering with an existing concept or simply browsing through user-provided ideas truly doesn't matter to me, as long as we're all thinking and making.

Notice: If you have an idea you are fully capable of bringing to life and simply do not feel you have the resources or extended help at that moment, please create an interest check thread or advertise elsewhere. This thread is solely for sharing loose, unclaimed ideas meant to inspire other people!

Sharing Your Idea

In most cases, it's hard to base an entire roleplay off a single sentence. Although arguably a workable starting point, I'll assume for the better that the majority of you would rather have a starting point offer some sort of direction than be "Hi!! I'd like a RP based off of Greek mythology. Thanks! :>" The log below is a way of ensuring future adopters have a more thorough place to begin developing from. There is no "required sentence length/word count"—I consider that cruel and unusual punishment—so there is still some brevity to it; just put what is needed and it'll be archived without complaint.
Title:
Pokemon, Fandom or Other:
Genre:
Traditional or Sandbox:
Plot Summary/Gist:
Main Objective:
Protagonists: (Who/what will the players/GM control?)
Antagonists or Complication: (Main threat the players will be fighting against to reach the objective.)
Main Mechanics:
An example, just in case:

Spoiler:

Ignoring the few requisites colored brown, you may regard anything else as optional and put "N/A", or something similar, beside it.

If you wish to propose a reboot of an original roleplay, please fill out the log as needed and provide a link to the original out-of-character thread, if possible.

Quickies

Sentence-long concepts and/or suggestions.
ex. "I'd like a roleplay that takes place underwater.";; "I'd like a Pokemon roleplay based off the Ranger games."
  • Only about 1-2 sentences in length, if even full sentences.
  • Any member may post as many as they like.
  • Specifics should be saved for the standard "application".
A roleplay where you're a spirit in limbo and you have to compete for a second chance at life.
A Digimon roleplay about teenagers all over the world, gathered together, somehow, after having a first hand experience with a Digimon.
You are a long descendant of a god or a mythological figure across the pantheons, having discovered your powers at a young age (same as your god/figure); you soon come across a threat to Earth and must eliminate it before the eminent destruction.
A ninja/Pokemon RP where you play as an acolyte of a ninja army fighting for your king in a big war between two lands. With your partner Pokemon, you must climb up the ranks and hopefully be able to take down the opposing kingdom.
A Divergent or Divergent-inspired RP.

Up For Auction

Spoiler:

Auctioned Off

Spoiler:

Feel free to offer suggestions on how to improve the thread, if you have any, here!​

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Thank you so much for this thread. This is my application. I really, really want a reboot of or something similar to Noble Magic, originally headed by Daydream, but fell by the wayside before it even started:

Title: --
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Other, original
Genre: Fantasy, Slice-of-life, some action elements
Traditional or Sandbox: Mostly sandbox. I have a feeling JPs would be a norm of interaction instead of traditional act-react posts between the whole cast.
Plot Summary/Gist: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359517 A link to the original thread. Basically, it was a magical royal competition for the throne of a duchy under the king, since the duke of that duchy went to war for the kingdom against a rival territory and was killed, and the king himself doesn't have another child to take up the duchy itself. So he called for young adults of nobles in the kingdom to come and compete for the spot, not just with a tournament, but also things like galas and outings, to show proper comportment. It was a lot of social affairs with the magic fighting tournament as the major conflict. So much more inversion can be done. The setting was kind of like a mix of an alternate Mideival and Renaissance period.
Main Objective: To win the tournament and the king's grace to become duke/duchess
Protagonists: Players are the children of noble families under the peerage system. The GM is basically the king and whatever other NPCs they see fit.
Antagonists or Complication: Each other. The families are competing for the elevation of status and wealth by controlling half of the kingdom.
Main Mechanics: Basic level system for the capacity to learn greater magic skills, probably.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Thank you so much for this thread. This is my application. I really, really want a reboot of or something similar to Noble Magic, originally headed by Daydream, but fell by the wayside before it even started

I miss Noble M too :'( RIP Tito
And you're very welcome, Jauntifer. Your suggestion has been added to the OP!

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Title: The Daycare
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Pokemon
Genre: Slice-of-life
Traditional or Sandbox: Greatly traditional, as there will be a lot of interaction if people care to.
Plot Summary/Gist: You're a little Pokemon young'un who was either hatched in or dropped off by your Trainer at the local Pokemon Daycare. You basically have little adventures all over the range or in the building, and occasionally the Daycare owners step in for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and nappy time. A very free role-play, you make your own childish adventures.
Main Objective: None overall. It's an aimless role-play that is what you make of it.
Protagonists: Players control their Pokemon in the Daycare, and if applicable, the Trainers that go in and pick up a Pokemon or adopt an abandoned one. The GM is the Daycare manager, whomever they may be.
Antagonists or Complication: Each other, if the player can't play nice with another Pokemon, but nothing major or threatening.
Main Mechanics: Basic "sign-up," possibly indefinite spots, players are free post whenever and resolve their own story lines should they wish, loosely structured and casual

Etherion

Title: Voices in your Head
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Fandom (Inside Out)
Genre: Slice-of-Life/Adventure
Traditional or Sandbox: A mix of both
Plot Summary/Gist: This will take place inside a brain of an individual, where a group of emotions are controlling his/her everyday life
Main Objective: The emotions must work together and respond to the situation given to them by the GM
Protagonists: The emotions, they will not be limited to the 5 introduced in the film
Antagonists or Complication: Life & the uncertainties that come with it
Main Mechanics:Each emotion has a defined purpose in the individual's life: some are to keep them safe, happy or sad, make their life fair, to show love and passion, but when life throws you lemons, it's up for the emotions to respond to it with their own quirky way.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll throw in one of my own ideas:

Title: ???
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Pokemon
Genre: Mainly Adventure, could include other elements based on the cast/direction taken.
Traditional or Sandbox: The whole missions thing might incite sandbox but I think it could be either depending on how it's handled.
Plot Summary/Gist: The PLA (Pokemon League Association) initiated the Rangers branch as a way of managing the influx of beginner Trainers and the trouble as a result. It isn't easy for everyone to cope in the wild, even if you have your own partners to help out. Rangers are trained past basic Trainer knowledge, trained mainly in survival skills and dealing with wild, unruly Pokemon. Of course, they are skilled at controlling their own Pokemon, though are mainly restricted to one or two key partners at a time. Rangers are either positioned out on routes to assist new Trainers, called for in emergency situations--say a kid runs into a territorial Beedrill hive--or may even act as security during League tournaments and other such events. But, essentially, Rangers would be called to do/take on assignments and carry them out.
Main Objective: Overall, to be the best Ranger you can be, but I'd expect there would be an overarching plot being built up to, in order to make things more intriguing.
Protagonists: The Pokemon Rangers, not like the side-series, but like the class introduced in the main series games. Red-orange uniforms, usually with pretty adept Pokemon.
Antagonists or Complication: Any threats to Trainers or people in-need of Ranger assistance that require action. Possibly a bigger threat bubbling beneath the surface?
Main Mechanics: Claimable, varying missions with some being more grandiose than others. There might also be a "rank" system, measuring the skill level of a Ranger that would increase based on mission completion.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
STICK IT

I have another idea~

Title: The Great Galactic...?
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Other
Genre: Science-Fiction, Action & Adventure
Traditional or Sandbox: Depends on how it's run, either more open or more contained.
Plot Summary/Gist: An uncountable number of years in the future, in a universe so similar but yet so different from our own, Earth as we know it has become a utopia, the perfect balance of natural green and industrial grey. With astonishing technological achievement, the dominant human species of Earth have reached stable communication with their fellow species' of the Milky Way galaxy many years before this faithful day in 5000-xxy. Together, the many great leaders, both human and various other alien species, have come together to organize a grand interstellar race/event connecting all eight/nine planets. Hosted by Earth, considered the most progressive of the planets and original source of most life, the event/race will act as a celebration of life and progress.
This roleplay would likely incorporate a lot of lore, even if species are up to player's control, as well as some understanding on basic space and technological knowledge.
Main Objective: To participate in this galaxy-encompassing race/event.
Protagonists: Earthlings, Martians and far more. Player characters can originate from and represent any of the Milky Way planets, or even the moons, depending on what the GM wants. Species would be up to players' determinations, though the vast majority would be human earthlings, human settlers or human subspecies that adapted to different planetary environments.
Antagonists or Complication: Whatever danger may lie in the depth of space. Since it will be a competition of sorts, players will also be pitted against themselves.
Main Mechanics: ???

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
I might as well take a whack at it. I have a few ideas that I've been brewing for a while.
Title: Lockdown
(Pokemon), Fandom, Other
Genre: Adventure
Traditional, Sandbox: Don't know, I'm kind of leaning toward sandbox
Plot: The RP will take place in between the events of B/W and B2/W2 in a maximum security prison island where the antagonists of all the main Pokemon games (Rocket, Magma, Aqua, etc.) are being held, including Ghetsis. The RP opens with one of the Shadow Triads being brought in. Just as he is entering, the other two come and break him out. They deactivate the security and release all of the inmates. Chaos spreads all over the island. Later it is revealed that this was a scheme devised by Colress to free Ghetsis from the prison. But after Ghetsis is on Team Plasma's airship, they stay, attempting to retrieve an experimental piece of technology that could make them unstoppable.
Main Objective: Return order to the island and stop Team Plasma from succeeding.
Protagonist: Prison guards that weren't captured when the inmates broke out.
Antagonist: All of the antagonist teams and their leaders, but mainly team Plasma.
Main Mechanics: N/A

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Years
Gonna deviate from the format here a bit, hope that's okay.

I made this RP premise for the RPOs; spent a bunch of time on it, too, but I never quite had the guts to publish it for fear of lack of GMing experience. If someone with a knack for GMing is interested in taking it up, I'd be willing to give it away for adoption, as it were. Pretty open to conceptual changes, too, as long as you're willing to discuss it with me first.

(...and maybe let me co-GM so I finally have some experience under my belt?)

A snippet of it under the cut.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Gonna deviate from the format here a bit, hope that's okay.

If I added this alongside the other up-for-adoption ideas, it would follow the same criteria. Once you put a concept out there, it's the adopter's right to change what is given to them as they see fit. They shouldn't have to "discuss" anything with you first; you're giving up the idea. Not to mention I wouldn't feel comfortable linking something that's already so fleshed-out as it leaves little room for customization on an adopter's behalf. Furthermore, I consider the format, or something similar to it, mandatory. You didn't deviate from it, more or less it just wasn't included.

I understand you want someone to "adopt" this from you, but based on the other details you specified, I think you'd be better off making an Interest Check thread and looking for potential takers that way.

Parivir

Years
If I added this alongside the other up-for-adoption ideas, it would follow the same criteria. Once you put a concept out there, it's the adopter's right to change what is given to them as they see fit. They shouldn't have to "discuss" anything with you first; you're giving up the idea. Not to mention I wouldn't feel comfortable linking something that's already so fleshed-out as it leaves little room for customization on an adopter's behalf. Furthermore, I consider the format, or something similar to it, mandatory. You didn't deviate from it, more or less it just wasn't included.

I understand you want someone to "adopt" this from you, but based on the other details you specified, I think you'd be better off making an Interest Check thread and looking for potential takers that way.

I guess that's fair. Sorry for the trouble.

Parivir

Years
Have you thought about posting on the advertisement thread?

(assuming you mean me)

I figured it would look less out of place here. I don't think there's enough chance of it being picked up to warrant two posts about it (let alone a whole interest check thread), so if that post stays up that'll be all I'm doing, haha.

done derailing this thread now

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I figured it would look less out of place here. I don't think there's enough chance of it being picked up to warrant two posts about it (let alone a whole interest check thread), so if that post stays up that'll be all I'm doing, haha.

Again, if you're looking for someone to actual bargain over an idea with, a "whole interest check thread" is probably the best way to go. That way you don't have to post a snippet of the OP but the entirety of it, and you can have actual conversations about your creation that you're taking credit for rather than the in-and-out I'm trying to accomplish with this thread.

It's impolite, to me, relying on an out-of-place post for your traffic. If I had the authority to remove posts, I would, but ultimately your responsibility is to put things where they belong.

BUT to anyone who this might concern, I'm introducing quickie ideas! As it might suggest, these ideas won't require any filling-out as they're quick little wishful phrases, similar to the "Greek mythology" example in the OP. Some other examples would be "I'd like to see a RP centered around antagonists" or "I'd like to see a Pokemon/Digimon crossover RP". Quickies won't delve into specifics--that's what the normal "app" is for--being that they're practically roleplay concepts. They should be around 1-2 sentences in length, if they're even full sentences at all. Of course, you may post as many as you'd like.

I think keeping track of a handful of smaller ideas would help attract more traffic and emphasize the purpose of this thread as an inspiration thread.

I'll keep track of all this information in a more organized form in the OP.

Last edited:

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
I was actually talking about this whole thread. You could try posting an advertisement there.

Alternatively, you could see if you could get it stickied.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Here's a Quickie:

I want a role-play where you're a spirit in limbo and you have to compete for a second chance at life.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I was actually talking about this whole thread. You could try posting an advertisement there.

Alternatively, you could see if you could get it stickied.

Isn't the advertising thread intended for roleplays?

I should eventually get to formally asking someone to sticky this. Then again, I'd like more of an audience.

Etherion

• a Digimon roleplay about teenagers all over the world, somehow, they are all gathered together after having a first hand experience on a Digimon
  • imagine this, you are a long descendant of a god or a mythological figure across the pantheons, having discovered your powers at a young age (same as your god/figure), you soon come across a treat to Earth and must eliminate it before the eminent destruction
  • a ninja/Pokemon RP where you play as an acolyte of a ninja army fighting for your king in a big war between two lands. With your partner Pokemon, you must climb up the ranks and hopefully be able to take down the opposing kingdom.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll put 'Divergent RP' in the Quickies box; I think it'd be interesting though I'm not a big follower of the series anymore myself.

Back