Advertiser Content

ASM & Hex NPCs Following the Player in Fire Red?

Started by TheGoldenRiolu November 9th, 2016 3:04 PM
  • 5 replies

TheGoldenRiolu

A.K.A. Cuprite1024

Male
Adventuring in Alola
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted April 11th, 2018
103 posts
2.8 Years
Is it possible to have an NPC follow you throughout most of the game, similar to Pokemon following you in HG/SS? Can you make it so you just walk through the NPC so it doesn't break the game?
This NPC would be following you for a majority of the game.
Also, if you can do this, is there a way to have points in the game where they don't follow you?

That moment when you realize you have way too many ideas for your own good.

Zervais

Island Kahuna

Age 24
Male
Norfolk, England
Seen December 23rd, 2016
Posted November 15th, 2016
259 posts
2.9 Years
Is it possible to have an NPC follow you throughout most of the game, similar to Pokemon following you in HG/SS? Can you make it so you just walk through the NPC so it doesn't break the game?
This NPC would be following you for a majority of the game.
Also, if you can do this, is there a way to have points in the game where they don't follow you?
Currently it's not possible. A couple elite members on this site started research into the HGSS following routine, but it's never been finished. I believe something might be achieved where they can follow you on one map, but there's always a problem with warps/connections to other places. It's just not possible to have them do it throughout the whole game at the moment. I don't know if it ever will be, to be honest.

TheGoldenRiolu

A.K.A. Cuprite1024

Male
Adventuring in Alola
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted April 11th, 2018
103 posts
2.8 Years
Currently it's not possible. A couple elite members on this site started research into the HGSS following routine, but it's never been finished. I believe something might be achieved where they can follow you on one map, but there's always a problem with warps/connections to other places. It's just not possible to have them do it throughout the whole game at the moment. I don't know if it ever will be, to be honest.
Aww... That's a bit disappointing. Well, if I ever do get the time to make the ROM hack I want to, I guess I'll have to stick with the whole party member entering your body to join thing.
XD

(You do understand what I mean by that, right?)

That moment when you realize you have way too many ideas for your own good.

Zervais

Island Kahuna

Age 24
Male
Norfolk, England
Seen December 23rd, 2016
Posted November 15th, 2016
259 posts
2.9 Years
Aww... That's a bit disappointing. Well, if I ever do get the time to make the ROM hack I want to, I guess I'll have to stick with the whole party member entering your body to join thing.
XD

(You do understand what I mean by that, right?)
Kinky.

Sounds like a plan. Hope it works out for you.
Non-binary
Seen July 20th, 2018
Posted July 20th, 2018
152 posts
5.8 Years
Aww... That's a bit disappointing.
What, no, it's totally possible to have it follow you throughout the game, it's just a pain in the butt right now because you have to redo the script for every map, but if you're changing every map anyway that's not too awful. I've done this myself. It's just really tedious. You also have to despawn before you go to new areas with map connections unless you want to risk your spawn accidentally summoning two of the sprite, I think - although that might be because I was readding the sprite to every map, pretty sure there are better ways I just didn't learn them. So with just two scripts you call (and no scripts at all inside houses) you can have follow me throughout the game.

edit: *by redo, I mean add the script again, not type up a new script, my bad for being vague.

edited again: Here, I'll even give you a patch for followme, because I know compiling in python is a pain for newbies. Keep in mind this is 2 years old so I dunno if there have been any updates, I know it was buggy with ledges, but it does in fact do the ghosting so it works fine.
Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
Yellow Hack Tutorial
Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
Advertiser Content