• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Pokémon should wear clothes?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Do you think Pok?mon should wear clothes?

Why? Why not? If they did, who would wear what? What kind of fashion statements would they make? Would they feel uncomfortable seeing a naked member of their species?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    No, because it would but like when us humans have to dress our pets and it just looks really stupid.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
    I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, I adore the times where Pikachu was wearing Ash's hat. I mean... Just look up Pikachu wearing Ash's hat on Google images or something like that. It's so cute~ <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    but humans in the pokemon world are descended from pokemon and the humans wear clothes. why don't pokemon?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    sylveon and its flesh ribbons tho

do you think pokemon would choose their clothes? they tend to be more intelligent than most pets. at least more intelligent than my cats. my cats are REALLY. DUMB.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    not even the ones that are intelligent enough to see themselves and their fellows and know that they are naked? like alakazam?

Years
    I think wearing actual clothes is going a bit far, but having simple accessories such as Ash's Krookodile, Squirtle Squad and Serena's Pancham having sunglasses in the anime, and Dawn's Buneary's vest are simple enough.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    yeah but i think it would have learned over time that partners don't respond well to being put down. i bet if it used the outsmarting tactic its date would leave it in a huff. so alakazam better go at it a different way now ya?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Honestly, I don't even want a pikachu with a hat, I'm just getting one for the sake of having one of everything.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I"m gonna go ahead and say that they don't wear clothes, and that it's part of their body, because they hatch like that. I don't think anyone is magically teleporting clothes inside the eggs.

Years
    People mostly wear clothes for weather protection/hygienic reasons, right? I mean, aside from the cultural reasons. So like if you have a Pokemon that doesn't like the cold maybe it could wear a coat or something, but lots of them have natural fur/scales/metal plates/whatever.

Sirfetch’d

Yall Ribombee wears a scarf! Pokemon already wear clothes :D

Back