Started by Trainer 781 January 16th, 2017 8:11 AM
  • 144 replies

Hillsy13

Male
Seen September 26th, 2022
Posted December 7th, 2021
157 posts
6.3 Years
Having an issue compiling, it keeps telling me this in the command prompt 'FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified' my rom is in the Various-EM-features-master folder like it is supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of what is going wrong -> https://imgur.com/a/yzaDndY
Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.0]

Hillsy13

Male
Seen September 26th, 2022
Posted December 7th, 2021
157 posts
6.3 Years
Just have one more question, this time regarding the shiny charm. I saw someone else asking about this and was wondering the same thing. I set the 0x0 next to the shiny charm to an open item ID, in hex, yet when the changes are compiling, there is no visible mention of the shiny charm being created. In addition, when I open up the rom in complete item editor, the shiny charm is not there. Is there a solution to this that I'm missing?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 27
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
626 posts
13.5 Years
Game freezes when the text Pokémon caught on the hook shows up. After it disappears the game locks up with the music still playing.
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.

Male
Farmington AR
Seen August 21st, 2022
Posted January 10th, 2022
79 posts
9.8 Years
Does anyone know why this error is occuring? I can't seem to find anything wrong with the value so I have no idea. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pokemon Platinum friend code 4th generation= 0948-1529-1887 (Discontinued due to Nintendo Wi-Fi being disabled)

If you want to port over the new routes introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver that lead to the Safari Zone, then head over here and watch the thread for updates. So far, Cliffs Edge Gate, and Route 47 are done. Next up is the Cliffs Cave.

Working on a POKeMON Emerald hack. This will feature POKeMON from Shinnoh, but just the ones that evolve from POKeMON already in the Pokedex (Gallade, Dusknoir, Probopas, Frosslass, Magnezone, Rhyperior). The one exception may be EEVEE if I can get more evolutions added in so you can evolve to LEAFEON and GLACEON.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 27
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
626 posts
13.5 Years
I think the one thing that I like about this engine is the fact that they conveniently forgot the evolution method where it has to learn a certain type of move. It's not like there's a certain Pokmon that needs that...*cough* EEVEE *cough* FAIRY-MOVE *cough* SYLVEON *cough*

EDIT: I said screw it and edited the "Eevee Table" with the engine. I decided to edit the "Sylveon" evolution and added 1. Doing some research and apparently Eevee can only learn 2 Fairy-type moves. Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. So I used the Know Moves evolution methods and used that for both Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. It worked, along with the other Eevee Evolutions, so that's good in my book ??
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240

dearman4

Age 30
He/Him
Michigan
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
584 posts
5.1 Years
i may be to dumb but how can i use it? i dont see any .exe or so to open the rom i want to change so how exactly can i use it?
I actually made a tutorial on how to use it, it's in my signature at the bottom half of this reply

dearman4

Age 30
He/Him
Michigan
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
584 posts
5.1 Years
Can someone please explain how to use the new special commands? I'm trying to write a script using special 0x228 to change natures and genders

dearman4

Age 30
He/Him
Michigan
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
584 posts
5.1 Years
Does anyone have an example script of the multichoice commands? I can figure out how to use all the other new special commands but these I'm not understanding, would really appreciate it!

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the world is just a theater, a reflection of something we don't know?"

Male
Brasil
Seen October 6th, 2022
Posted September 2nd, 2022
201 posts
2 Years
Does anyone have an example script of the multichoice commands? I can figure out how to use all the other new special commands but these I'm not understanding, would really appreciate it!
Folder Various-EM-features-master->scripts->new special scripts.txt
You'll find some examples. I don't know if that's what you want.

dearman4

Age 30
He/Him
Michigan
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
584 posts
5.1 Years
Folder Various-EM-features-master->scripts->new special scripts.txt
You'll find some examples. I don't know if that's what you want.
I've looked at those and I'm pretty sure those are also included in the original post here. I know to put the arguments in the 0x8004 variables and up, the PointerArgs is where I'm confused. Do those go into the subsequent variables? And also the usage of the prepare multichoice special command, does that have to be at its own address? Because I've had issues trying to launch multiple new specials at the same address, was fixed by using a goto a new offset to run them so I'm not sure if that would be necessary here
Age 33
Male
Philippines
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 23rd, 2022
26 posts
2 Years
Installation:
Download devkitpro from here.
Follow the instructions.
(Note: you can only install devkitARM)

- Download the latest version of python(3.5).
After downloading and before proceeding to install make sure that the 'add to path' checkbox is ticked, otherwise you'll have to add the python path in the environment variables manually.

- Download the master folder from the github page here.
(click 'Clone or Download', then 'Download Zip')

- Place your rom it the main(master) folder.

- Go into scripts folder and open 'build.py' with a text editor and modify it accordingly to your will.
Graphical representation of what you're to do.
You can apply any features you want, they're all compatible with each other and work on their own.

- Run the cmd.exe in the main folder.
You can do this by typing 'cmd' and hitting enter in the url address or selecting 'run command prompt from here' from right clciking on empty space while holding the shift key.

- In command prompt window, type 'python scripts//build.py' and press enter.
A new gba file will appear named as test.gba along with 'offsets.ini' that provides addresses of everything that was built.
[/SPOILER]

I'm open to any ideas, so if there's something you'd like to see in EM, tell.[/QUOTE]

Hi SIR!!!...im trying to do and follow your instructions though im kinda confused though in my understanding the Pokemon Emerald rom should be placed inside the "VARIOUS-EM-FEATURES" does it need to be renamed or just Pokemon - Emerald Version,,,and then i already selected the B/W Repel System in build.py,,,now this is the part im confused...Run the cmd.exe in the main folder....where is this cmd.exe?there is no cmd.exe inside the folder... or is this the windows commandprompt?....and also can you add some SCREENSHOTS sir,,,,...im trying to apply the repel system for Emerald.....thanks in advance!!!!
Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
200 posts
5.7 Years
Hi SIR!!!...im trying to do and follow your instructions though im kinda confused though in my understanding the Pokemon Emerald rom should be placed inside the "VARIOUS-EM-FEATURES" does it need to be renamed or just Pokemon - Emerald Version,,,and then i already selected the B/W Repel System in build.py,,,now this is the part im confused...Run the cmd.exe in the main folder....where is this cmd.exe?there is no cmd.exe inside the folder... or is this the windows commandprompt?....and also can you add some SCREENSHOTS sir,,,,...im trying to apply the repel system for Emerald.....thanks in advance!!!!
You can find cmd.exe in C » Windows » System32/System64 folder and find cmd.exe inside that folder