HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
899 posts
3.3 Years

This building was leaked in a private trailer from the official Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel, and it appears to take the place of the empty construction lot that was present in Hau'oli City in the original games. What do you think this could be?

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik | Sword: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
It seems to look legit, considering it is from the official Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel. There's also the fact it now takes up an empty space that was there in S/M, so maybe we are going down a B2/W2-esque route after all.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

HeroLinik

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
899 posts
3.3 Years
I am calling fake. I don't believe in this for a second. Anyone could of made that.

The official Japanese Pokemon channel's latest video seems to be about this new building, but the fact that it wasn't set to private means that it was able to be leaked everywhere. It's apparent that it'll be publicly released tonight, given that both Worlds starts, and they'll reveal info about it like they usually do (like with Crabrawler last year), and Game Informer did mention that a new feature for US/UM will be mentioned today. Perhaps the two events are connected somehow.

IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik | Sword: HeroLinik

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years

The official Japanese Pokemon channel's latest video seems to be about this new building, but the fact that it wasn't set to private means that it was able to be leaked everywhere. It's apparent that it'll be publicly released tonight, given that both Worlds starts, and they'll reveal info about it like they usually do (like with Crabrawler last year), and Game Informer did mention that a new feature for US/UM will be mentioned today. Perhaps the two events are connected somehow.
I think you're definitely right, considering it is World Championships weekend and it's usually been typical of a new trailer to drop around that time. I have a feeling this new facility may be what will be covered.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
Oh wow, this is interesting! I presume this is in the location that was previously empty in SM, and considering it doesn't look anything like a Gym I'm guessing it could be some sort of Festival/Studio type of thing.

Edit: It looks like it could be a photography building for the Poké Finder

HeroLinik

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
899 posts
3.3 Years

The trailer featuring the mystery building has been released. No details have been provided about the building, but there are some certain new things to watch out for, like that mysterious rift above Poni Island and Lycanroc-Dusk (as a Rockruff) being able to walk alongside us. Thoughts?

Lunar

Age 21
Male
England
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,917 posts
6.3 Years
It'll be really interesting to see what this building ends up being, and if the rest of those empty spaces around Alola get the same thing.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
Apparently it's been revealed that the new building is for a new feature called the Alola Photo Club. It seems to function like PR Videos in X/Y, but here you take a photo of your trainer and one of your Pokemon and you can also decorate it, similar to the PR Videos.

Age 29
Male
Seen November 20th, 2019
Posted October 27th, 2019
2,334 posts
12.3 Years
It's not just that city though, those other blank spaces appear to have been filled in according to the new map. (like in Konikoni and Malie city, but not Seafolk village for some reason)

It seems like it would be really lame if they were just dedicated to a photo feature though...
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
I really don't see the need to fill every space with the same building, then again it wouldn't surprise me if they did this.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.2 Years

Preeetttyy sure that's Chinese, by the way. No Hiragana or Katakana that I see, and there aren't too many Japanese sentences without it. Also the top left has 中国 which means "China" (at least in Japanese it does? It's a bit confusing). Aaand the Lycanroc video screenshot doesn't match how it's spelled in Japanese: ルガルガン (たそがれのすがた), but it matches Chinese: 鬃岩狼人 (黃昏的樣子). So technically not from the OG source.

I wonder what the building will offer that the feature doesn't. But hmmm now that I think about it. Ryuki calls himself a star. Maybe he's famous in the Photo Club? Maybe the Vermillion Gym thing we saw was a set, and the building has sets you can take photos on? Sort of doubt it... but I betcha Ryuki is maybe the character used to promote this feature.

ORAS/XYBW

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
In all fairness, many people complained that the photo feature in SM was too limited.
Poke Finder was a very underutilized feature so I can see why people gave it backlash. But I wouldn't think of that as a reason to suddenly be not liking this new Photo Club.

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 20
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,494 posts
5.2 Years
Poke Finder was a very underutilized feature so I can see why people gave it backlash. But I wouldn't think of that as a reason to suddenly be not liking this new Photo Club.
I think people dont like the new photo club because they were expecting something cooler. I think the photo club's purpose is to make up for what the poke finder lacked.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
I think people dont like the new photo club because they were expecting something cooler. I think the photo club's purpose is to make up for what the poke finder lacked.
I think the bad reactions may be just a case of being too overhyped.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy

Male
the town on no map
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
3,319 posts
11.5 Years
Yeah, after a year of speculating all the cool things the empty plots of land would be, I can share in the disappointment. Cool for the people that like it, but I never bothered with contests, musicals, or pr videos so I doubt I'll invest any time in this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
10.3 Years
I actually like that they added more photo related stuff. I remember enjoying it early on in the game, but eventually forgot about it.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun