bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
15,809 posts
12.4 Years
Prepare for trouble, and make it version exclusive.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
This is very interesting! Someone on Twitter also pointed out what appears to be the Team Rocket HQ.

Spoiler:

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™

Male
IDK...GPS isn't working..
Seen December 17th, 2018
Posted May 6th, 2018
686 posts
3.5 Years
:blust:
Yeah team rocket means we will have a Kanto related story
Prepare for trouble
We will make it double

Welcome to the rhythm of the night

Credits to Ben for these Beautiful Templates!

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 15 Hours Ago
14,235 posts
6.7 Years
I'm not really expecting much, just like a small (probably post-game) sidequest where you battle a few of them for whatever reason. If they put any significant focus on Team Rocket, that'd take away from the new Ultra Recon Squad, and I doubt that Game Freak would want to do that.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye

Age 22
Female
Seen June 19th, 2019
Posted March 5th, 2018
1,261 posts
10.9 Years
This is very interesting! Someone on Twitter also pointed out what appears to be the Team Rocket HQ.

Spoiler:
No waaay. :0

Think they're gonna be retired NPC, maybe having come over from mainland Kanto. Not sure what they're supposed to do in Alola, though.
Male
Seen August 19th, 2019
Posted November 21st, 2017
30 posts
4 Years
Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Ohmori and Iwao in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

That Rocket hideout is also Lusamine's mansion. Compare them closely. TR (Rainbow Rocket) taking over Aether & summoning the other teams was also hinted at in the leaks.

Someone freeze me for the next 3 weeks.
Male
England
Seen November 14th, 2017
Posted October 24th, 2017
2 posts
2.8 Years
Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Masuda in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

That Rocket hideout is also Lusamine's mansion. Compare them closely. TR (Rainbow Rocket) taking over Aether & summoning the other teams was also hinted at in the leaks.

I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but I saw one of the grunts holding a masterball. It's really hard to see because it's so small.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 28
Male
California
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
9,528 posts
7.7 Years
Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Ohmori and Iwao in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

I'll also leave this link using both the Chinese leak and the "Things I want for the third version" post.

Mewtwolover

Age 35
Finland
Seen 59 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
944 posts
13.1 Years
I'm not really expecting much, just like a small (probably post-game) sidequest where you battle a few of them for whatever reason. If they put any significant focus on Team Rocket, that'd take away from the new Ultra Recon Squad, and I doubt that Game Freak would want to do that.
I'm expecting that as well. It would be good if you can get Mewtwo before battling them because it's the best Pokémon for kicking some Team Rocket butt.

I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but I saw one of the grunts holding a masterball. It's really hard to see because it's so small.
It's just a normal pokéball.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted June 24th, 2020
Team Rocket being in the game is a nice touch as is the possibility of an improved Post Game Battle facility.

The Alolan Oddish is very interesting if true. Would all Alolan Gloom evolve into Alolan Vileplume or will they be the only Alolan form with two potential evolutions. The Oddish line were used by Team Rocket in Johto which means they could be used instead of Zubat line and the Leader could have Alolan Vileplume/Bellossom as their ace depending on version.
Currently playing - Omega Ruby Grass Monotype
Age 29
Male
Seen November 20th, 2019
Posted October 27th, 2019
2,334 posts
12.3 Years
Do you think it's possible that we might be able to travel to an area of Kanto and that's where we'll encounter Team Rocket? Maybe it'll be like a post game story like the delta episode.

There's a chance they might not be in Alola.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

littlebeeb

小さなもの

Age 26
Female
East Coast, USA
Seen January 24th, 2020
Posted November 29th, 2017
66 posts
2.8 Years
So excited!! Team Rocket is my favorite bad-guy squad. Seeing them in the most recent Pokemon game will be super exciting for me!
As others have mentioned, I'm wondering if their involvement will be for a post game side quest of if they will have some main story-line involvement. Considering that this will be the last Pokemon game on the DS, hopefully GameFreak will go out with a bang and really put their heart(gold) and soul(silver) in this last installment!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool

Male
Seen May 25th, 2020
Posted June 12th, 2019
992 posts
8.9 Years
Jeez, they really seem like they're pulling out all the stops for this game. With the addition of Team Rocket plus a hideout to explore which will probably tell a small Rocket sub-plot, plus a bunch of additional battles, and possibly might even include some rare pokemon to catch or rescue while in the process. USM really does seem like it's going to have a lot of things to do in it.
I just like that USM is really starting to appear like it is going to be completely packed with content this time around, and I'm also getting the feeling that the post game for USM is actually really going to be worth it.

The previews and reveals for USM this month have been getting me sort of excited for it. I might think about getting the game a few months after its release.
Masters of Hoenn

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
Male
NZ
Seen December 29th, 2017
Posted December 29th, 2017
1,393 posts
3.1 Years
Sorry but this is rubbish. Team Rocket is a joke and this is clearly more Kanto pandering. Now USUM can never be ten out ten for me because Team Rocket is a down side to these games. If they are the post game then the post game is actually worst than SM and other non-kanto games. So much for ending the generation off with a bang. Very disappointed in Game Freak.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor

Age 30
Male
New Zealand
Seen November 30th, 2017
Posted November 30th, 2017
461 posts
7.2 Years
Sorry but this is rubbish. Team Rocket is a joke and this is clearly more Kanto pandering. Now USUM can never be ten out ten for me because Team Rocket is a down side to these games. If they are the post game then the post game is actually worst than SM and other non-kanto games. So much for ending the generation off with a bang. Very disappointed in Game Freak.
Ouch!

I wouldn't mind seeing Giovanni at least. This makes me happy, because Team Rocket has always been my favorite. They inspired my whole "Reverse Rocket" cringy fanfic stuff....
Female
Michigan
Seen November 10th, 2019
Posted August 10th, 2019
109 posts
3 Years

If you think about it, Aether Paradise is the perfect place for Team Rocket to take over. All of those Pokemon are already there for them. They don't have to break a sweat! {XD} I wonder if this is before or after Lusamine goes completely off the rails, or if Lusamine is even an antagonist in these games.
Male
NZ
Seen December 29th, 2017
Posted December 29th, 2017
1,393 posts
3.1 Years
Team Rocket better go after a legendary pokemon this time. RB was kind of acceptable since they were the first games. However, it was not acceptable that Team Rocket did not aim for a legendary in Yellow, GSC, FRLG & HGSS. There was no excuse for them to not target a legendary.

If Team Rocket pulls another "evil plan with no legendaries involved" then i am done with them and Kanto.