HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 24
Male
UK, happy now?
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
915 posts
4.4 Years
Yup, it's been confirmed now...after 2 years. Thoughts?

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik | Sword: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Hiroshi Sotomura

Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,353 posts
18.8 Years
There’s a lot to take in from how it works. While I can understand why they might have Stardust restrictions on trades (alt accounts, spoofers, etc.), I’m not entirely enthusiastic about them.

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
YEEESS

FINALLY

AFTER SO LONG

I'm super excited to add some friends to my list that I work with... we can trade at work and such now, too. hohoho

Not thrilled about the stardust thing, I don't play enough to have a lotta that, but I'm trying to be more active, so hopefully it won't get in the way much. ><

I can't leave this spot that's empty without you
It's an area that no one else can fill
The night's never gonna be the same.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,589 posts
12.6 Years
I'm thinking it's time to get a new phone so I can play Pokemon Go. I've been wanting trading as an excuse to get a new phone tbh
Theme: Tsubomi Kido
Pair: Taemin

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 34
Female
Vermillion City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
9,971 posts
17.9 Years
I can't wait to try this trading thing out. Though I think it will just be like the normal games. Spoofers will be just like hackers...ruin it for everyone.
VPP: Dragapult @ 10,070 | Futro Region
“I have found Holmes’ methodology of deductive reasoning to be quite
useful. One of his adages is that once you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
- Lt. Cmdr. Data

Moderator of: VPP & Pokemon Mobile

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
I already have a friend who's planning to hit up all his overseas friends for Mr. Mimes. That's his one motivation for trading.

I will admit, I want an Arcanine. LIKE A LOT. I wanted to raise my own, but I've encountered less than 20 Growlithes so far...

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Hiroshi Sotomura

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,353 posts
18.8 Years
So the updates have hit the App Store and Google Play but they havent activated the features server-side yet. :(

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
So the updates have hit the App Store and Google Play but they havent activated the features server-side yet. :(
I was excited, because I updated it, went to work, and me and some coworkers whipped our games out to add each other and were quickly like "aaw nvm".

I hope they roll out soon.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Hiroshi Sotomura

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,353 posts
18.8 Years
It’s out, guys!

Hiroshi Sotomura

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,353 posts
18.8 Years
The trainer level is set at level 30 for me? They cant be serious... it has taken me since launch to get to level 28!
It’s a rollout, so it’s quite possible it’ll be enabled for Level 25+ in a couple days, then Level 20+, then probably 10+ and then 5+?

So spin some stops, smash some raids and use those Lucky Eggs, or wait, I guess.

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
The trainer level is set at level 30 for me? They cant be serious... it has taken me since launch to get to level 28!
It’s a rollout, so it’s quite possible it’ll be enabled for Level 25+ in a couple days, then Level 20+, then probably 10+ and then 5+?

So spin some stops, smash some raids and use those Lucky Eggs, or wait, I guess.
Yeahhh, I'm fairly certain they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by disabling lower levels from using it. I'm sure they know not everyone has the ability to level often!
I bet they just don't wanna overload the server all at once. I hear you, though because all my friends have it, but I can't use it yet.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Hiroshi Sotomura

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,353 posts
18.8 Years
Looks like we can only trade when we are near the trainer? So no WiFi trading or I am looking at this incorrectly
I imagine it uses the GPS to determine how close you are to your partner. You need to be no more than 100 metres (0.06 miles / 109 yards) from the person you want to trade with.

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
That's actually awesome, because to be honest if the goal of this game is to get people out to catch em all, it would enable too much sitting at home if you just trade for all your mons...

Though, I feel bad for my friend, because he was so excited to get Pokémon from the other side of the world that don't show up here much.

In that way it's a bummer, but I mean we have to find them here sometime, you'd think..

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best

Male
Kanto
Seen December 12th, 2019
Posted December 12th, 2019
179 posts
11.6 Years
True.
I did my first trade last night with a friend but something that was a bit of a let down is not being able to trade a Pokemon you haven’t encountered before... why would I want to trade for something I already have?

Name: Frosty
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
Wait, you can't receive Pokmon you haven't seen before....? bruh.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5,162 posts
11.4 Years
The restrictions in which Ninatic has places on trading, mainly the distance, is dumb. If they had done it right, it may have stopped some spoofers from spoofing since they could now trade with their friends.

If they continue to do this, then they need to rotate the regionals so normal people can actually "Catch'em All" Otherwise, you have to be rich as heck and have a lot of free time, unless you cheat by spoofing.

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
I was disappointed to say the least. I just cant understand why they would add this in.... it makes zero sense.
I was okay with no global trading, like I guess that makes sense, or I was hoping they'd hold trading events, but blocking trading of undiscovered mons defeats the purpose of trading in some cases? I want things I don't have yet. If you get something out of a trade it could just register into the Dex at that point. Boo..

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,189 posts
16.2 Years
Okay, so double posting, lock me up for it if you must, but I found out that you can trade for unregistered Pokmon, just only once per day. o:

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best

Male
Kanto
Seen December 12th, 2019
Posted December 12th, 2019
179 posts
11.6 Years
Okay, so double posting, lock me up for it if you must, but I found out that you can trade for unregistered Pokmon, just only once per day. o:
Do you need a certain friendship level? It was our first ever trade and we couldnt do it... maybe because the trading was still locked for some levels it wasnt fully activated?

Name: Frosty
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]