Male
Seen April 2nd, 2019
Posted January 30th, 2019
177 posts
3.2 Years
Banette & Guilmon

- A Visual Novel -

Description:

A visual novel/movie about a Guilmon who’s been living in a modern version of the Pokemon World ever since he walked through a mysterious portal six years prior. Living at an apartment with a reclusive and distant Banette, Guilmon often feels unappreciated and unwanted.

Having a hard time making friends with many other Pokemon, he struggles to find a place in the world. However, a few days after they start to get filmed by a documentarian, the relationship between Banette and Guilmon begins to fall apart.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Download Link:

Right here, just for you!

Made Using:

Pokemon Essentials 16.2
RPG Maker XP

Team:
SmokedPaprika - Writing/Eventing/Mapping/Fan/Punching Bag
LlamaMinister - Guilmon/Portal Sprites/Moral Support/Playtester
LilypadLemur - Character Portraits

Notes:

There are three scenes in the game that are intended to be synced to music. If you click out of the screen during these scenes, the scene will be out of sync and pretty dang wonky. I don't think there's any way to deal with this, so I'll just tell you which scenes I'm talking about.

Spoiler:
The prologue.
The beginning of scene 6.
The credits sequence.

Resource Pack:

Here's the goods ;>)

Credits:

Spoiler:
Creator:
SmokedPaprika

Art Resources:

The Artistic Corner - Sergiofr_18
Character Portraits - LilypadLemur
Gen 1/2/4 Overworld Rips - Dragoon (Spriter’s Resource)
Gen 3 Overworld Rips - redblueyellow (Spriter’s Resource)
Gen 5 Overworlds - HamsterSkull
Gen 6 Overworlds - princess-phoenix
Gen Overworlds Other - Clara/LunarDusk6/princess-phoenix
Guilmon/Portal Sprites - LlamaMinister
Gumshoos Sprite - Noscium
Mimikyu Sprite - orig02

Software:

Pokemon Essentials - Maruno
RPG Maker XP - enterbrain

Music/Sound Effects:

Another Day of Sun (Instrumental) - Justin Herwitz
ASMR Binaural Breakfast: Cooking and Crinkling Bag Sounds - Xiusho Cavettes
Beautiful Ruin (Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Soundtrack) - Masafumi Takada
Cianwood City (Cover) - HappyDragonite
City of Stars (Instrumental) - Justin Herwitz
Clifford Brown - Strictly Romantic
Dark Tension Rising Music - Mattia Cupelli
death’s dynamic shroud.wmv - International Team
Fire Alarm Sound - Bruce Ingram
Magic Ensemble (Little Busters Soundtrack) - PMMK
Shower Sound Effects - TheMSsoundeffects
Spire - A Million Miles Away
Stand Up - Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Voice Cast
Vacuum Cleaner Running - The Orchard Enterprises
Waiting For Nothing - Jeff Liu
Waterfall - Scarlet Moon Records (Undertale Cover)
Welcome to EDEN (Digimon Cybersleuth Soundtrack) - Masafumi Takada
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Regina Spektor (Unknown Instrumental Cover)
Seen April 4th, 2019
Posted April 4th, 2019
20 posts
11.2 Years
Loveloveloved it. Such an unexpected little gem!! Amazing story with depth and well-written characters - it was simple but so much more engaging than many stories with too much thrown into them. I don't want to say too much here as to not spoil potential players, but my jaw did drop at the... reveal of where Guilmon really went xD And I adored the little things, like the Pokemonized names (Zoroark always dies first lol) and the Gengar moving through shelves. And the Mimikyu, omg. Anyway, Banette's struggle was really relatable for me and it was great to watch his journey. I'll admit I expected to make some choices, with consequences, but having it be basically just a movie was a great experience too.

Good stuff :D

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage

Age 23
Male
Seen April 2nd, 2019
177 posts
3.2 Years
Loveloveloved it. Such an unexpected little gem!! Amazing story with depth and well-written characters - it was simple but so much more engaging than many stories with too much thrown into them. I don't want to say too much here as to not spoil potential players, but my jaw did drop at the... reveal of where Guilmon really went xD And I adored the little things, like the Pokemonized names (Zoroark always dies first lol) and the Gengar moving through shelves. And the Mimikyu, omg. Anyway, Banette's struggle was really relatable for me and it was great to watch his journey. I'll admit I expected to make some choices, with consequences, but having it be basically just a movie was a great experience too.

Good stuff :D
Thanks a bunch! I'm more of a film guy than a game developer, for the most part, and this is the only way I feel like I'd ever be able to make a movie, so that's what I did! And that's what I hope to do again, somewhere down the line. I appreciate you giving my project a chance, and thank you for all the nice comments!

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 35 Minutes Ago
1,458 posts
2.8 Years
Interesting movie!

Avara

Author of Tales

Female
Izantine
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
1,029 posts
7.5 Years
Was interested in this when I read a little bit about what it was since I'm doing a similar thing myself, gave it a go and I'm glad I did! I liked the morals of the story and the little journey the characters went through. Well done. Hope you make more of these!

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage

Age 23
Male
Seen April 2nd, 2019
177 posts
3.2 Years
Was interested in this when I read a little bit about what it was since I'm doing a similar thing myself, gave it a go and I'm glad I did! I liked the morals of the story and the little journey the characters went through. Well done. Hope you make more of these!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had the idea to do a story like this! Feel free to send me a PM whenever you finish whatever project you've been working on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about this project?

Avara

Author of Tales

Female
Izantine
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
1,029 posts
7.5 Years
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had the idea to do a story like this! Feel free to send me a PM whenever you finish whatever project you've been working on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about this project?
Sure, I definitely will. I heard about it right here at PC, saw that it was a visual novel/story-driven game and was interested pretty immediately since I love short stories. Best of luck with whatever you're doing in the future!
Advertiser Content