• 22 replies

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
What have you got? :) any mechanical keyboard?

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Online now
Posted 15 Minutes Ago
24,874 posts
9.2 Years
Mechanical all the way!!!

I have a Corsair K70 :> cannot go back to membrane keyboards at all once you go mechanical

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I think you mean membrane there ;)

Yes, I can't type on laptops well anymore hhaha.

I have currently in my possession...
- Varmilo VA88M (Cherry Mx Brown)
- Anne Pro 2 (Gateron Red) this is my dear baby for gaming
- HHKB Pro Jp (topre, BKE Light Domes) but this is just borrowed from a friend
- a custom DZ60rgb in a purple Tofu case; this is my favorite
- one more that is secret for now

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I have become ruined by the custom mech keeb community. Corsair is something they don't want to touch even with prongs since its quality is comparably bad haha. Still, I like the rgb of my bf's k65 or whatever its model is :3

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Online now
Posted 15 Minutes Ago
24,874 posts
9.2 Years
I think you mean membrane there ;)
sorry!!

that's what happens when you type too fast and your typing speeds past your thoughts 8D

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I mean I have enjoyed Corsair keyboards for over 4 years now and they served me greatly its quality to me is superb
I'm sure it is quite good actually, you get kind of what you pay for. But with custom keyboards and a little work yourself, you can achieve even better results. Granted, usually for more money haha.

Auticorn

PokeCommunity's Resident Unicorn

Age 30
Female
if i told you, it wouldn't be a secret
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,145 posts
14.9 Years
I have a sucky laptop keyboard. Some of the keys stick, so I end up making typos. I gets frustrating. My laptop is really old as well, so that's why the keyboard sucks so bad.

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I have a sucky laptop keyboard. Some of the keys stick, so I end up making typos. I gets frustrating. My laptop is really old as well, so that's why the keyboard sucks so bad.
Just get a keyboard to hook up to your laptop :3

Auticorn

PokeCommunity's Resident Unicorn

Age 30
Female
if i told you, it wouldn't be a secret
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,145 posts
14.9 Years
Just get a keyboard to hook up to your laptop :3
I only have two hook ups though. One for my EHD, and the other for my wireless mouse (which uses a little USB thing). There's not enough room for anything else.

Kitty

Meow, purr purr.

Space
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
673 posts
1.2 Years
Im still on the hunt for a keyboard! Debating going for the corsair route vs the custom one. What I am sure though is that i want either silver or brown switches fhdksm

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
Im still on the hunt for a keyboard! Debating going for the corsair route vs the custom one. What I am sure though is that i want either silver or brown switches fhdksm
I would recommend red or "hako violet" switches instead of uber light silvers or grainy browns :3 both red and violet are still quite light. The red (gateron red is better than mx red) is linear, while brown/violets have a tactile bump.

If you have some monies to spare (especially if you were planning on going for a >100 USD Corsair anyways) and think that it is ok to have a 60% keyboard, I can help you find parts that are easy to put together and gives you a fantastic little beautiful thing 💗💗

Spoiler:

If you're mostly after cute rgb in a sensation that is nicer to type on than a Corsair (and looks better hehe) but don't want to spend dat money, I still recommend ordering an Anne Pro 2 from amazon or banggood :)

Spoiler:

Here is my white AP2 that I changed keycaps on and spray painted the case a bit on:
Spoiler:

Kitty

Meow, purr purr.

Space
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
673 posts
1.2 Years
I would recommend red or "hako violet" switches instead of uber light silvers or grainy browns :3 both red and violet are still quite light. The red (gateron red is better than mx red) is linear, while brown/violets have a tactile bump.

If you have some monies to spare (especially if you were planning on going for a >100 USD Corsair anyways) and think that it is ok to have a 60% keyboard, I can help you find parts that are easy to put together and gives you a fantastic little beautiful thing 💗💗

If you're mostly after cute rgb in a sensation that is nicer to type on than a Corsair (and looks better hehe) but don't want to spend dat money, I still recommend ordering an Anne Pro 2 from amazon or banggood :)

Here is my white AP2 that I changed keycaps on and spray painted the case a bit on:
Spoiler:
I've actually been reading up, and was thinking of Kaihl box whites (on a Black Anne Pro 2 bc whites for me seem to get dirty really easily) but the hako violet is also REALLY interesting gfsdkjhal
But the AP2 with that configuration above would cost me roughly $153 so what do you have in mind for the custom one :eyes:

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 31 Minutes Ago
19,656 posts
7.1 Years
I just do not understand why people go so mad over different keyboards. :')

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I've actually been reading up, and was thinking of Kaihl box whites (on a Black Anne Pro 2 bc whites for me seem to get dirty really easily) but the hako violet is also REALLY interesting gfsdkjhal
But the AP2 with that configuration above would cost me roughly $153 so what do you have in mind for the custom one :eyes:
I have Hako violets now! They are TACTILE af

I really like that they are things that you can mix and match and create yourself, that they look good, feel good and sound good :3

mgriffin

Online now
Posted 12 Hours Ago
412 posts
5.1 Years
I can't comment on the physical 'board (dirty laptop user here), but I couldn't imagine switching back from my current layout (further customized with swapping Ctrl with Alt and putting Backspace on Caps Lock and Ctrl+h) even if it does make me look like a 70 year old man when I try to type on someone else's.

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I can't comment on the physical 'board (dirty laptop user here), but I couldn't imagine switching back from my current layout (further customized with swapping Ctrl with Alt and putting Backspace on Caps Lock and Ctrl+h) even if it does make me look like a 70 year old man when I try to type on someone else's.
The keyboards I handle are fully programmable c: your weird layout tastes can all be accomodated with software~

There are even some odd hardware layouts that have become popular in the enthusiast community.

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Online now
Posted 15 Minutes Ago
24,874 posts
9.2 Years
ngl i thought nobody used dvorak in this day and age

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
1,494 posts
2.8 Years
99% of my screen time is done on my laptop which is an ASUS.... I think has a membrane because of the short keys. It does get frustrating that 1/2 hits on the keys are not usually registered but I guess that's the price of using a sleek laptop.

My desktop, however, has a mechanical keyboard set up. It isn't designed for gaming, but I also didn't have over $100 to shell out for it, especially considering how infrequently I use it.

Sammi

Age 29
Female
The States
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
13,833 posts
14.3 Years
I'm too lazy (both in build and in shopping) for custom builds, so I just swapped out my old Coolermaster tenkeyless board for a Vortex Cypher. I was too afraid to go full 60% because I like arrow keys, and the Cypher has home/end/pg up/pg down buttons, which I use often enough to want without using a function layer. Apparently a lot of people don't dig the plastic case but I don't care.
Here's what it looks like with my enjoyPBT Valentine keycaps. If you're sharp eyed you'll notice the pg up/pg down/end keys aren't the right profile. Thankfully the set came with the the smaller right Shift.

Ironically I was swapping boards to go from blue to brown switches for noise reasons... was supposed to get a new roommate, but now my boyfriend is moving in, and he never minded the noise from my board. Whoops. Browns are fine to type on and it really is quieter, but I kinda miss the obnoxious clickiness of the blues.

They're interesting to look at, you can get boards as big and as small as you want, you can get keycaps to customize the look further, and the different switch types you can get (which there are a ton if you really dive into the hobby) all feel different to type on.

If you don't spend a lot of time typing it might feel like a waste, though.
If you're looking for me,
I'm hiding on Reddit or Twitter.

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
32,267 posts
11.5 Years
I'm too lazy (both in build and in shopping) for custom builds, so I just swapped out my old Coolermaster tenkeyless board for a Vortex Cypher. I was too afraid to go full 60% because I like arrow keys, and the Cypher has home/end/pg up/pg down buttons, which I use often enough to want without using a function layer. Apparently a lot of people don't dig the plastic case but I don't care.
Here's what it looks like with my enjoyPBT Valentine keycaps. If you're sharp eyed you'll notice the pg up/pg down/end keys aren't the right profile. Thankfully the set came with the the smaller right Shift.

Ironically I was swapping boards to go from blue to brown switches for noise reasons... was supposed to get a new roommate, but now my boyfriend is moving in, and he never minded the noise from my board. Whoops. Browns are fine to type on and it really is quieter, but I kinda miss the obnoxious clickiness of the blues.

They're interesting to look at, you can get boards as big and as small as you want, you can get keycaps to customize the look further, and the different switch types you can get (which there are a ton if you really dive into the hobby) all feel different to type on.

If you don't spend a lot of time typing it might feel like a waste, though.
We should be friends 8D

Great looking keyboard! ePBT I've heard is nice, I just don't have any of their keycaps myself. I prefer to run the uniform DSA profile (so I can mix and match colors wherever since they are not sculpted) and often even blanks ahha; it's really hard to find keycap sets with Nordic Swedish layout that aren't outrageously expensive, so I'd be running the wrong legends anyways and have mostly learned to just touch-type with blank caps.

The Vortex Cypher looks like a nice board in general! I've ordered a new board with white box switches that will arrive in uh september-october some time ahah. It will be interesting, as they will be my first clicky. I have a few clicky test switches I've put into my DZ60 for fun (Jade, Navy, Pale Blue and one Box White) and the pale blue actually makes the nicest sound, but it's too heavy for my smol fingers.
Advertiser Content