Question Side stairs?

Started by evangraham 2 Weeks Ago 1:47 PM
  • 2 replies
Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2 posts
1.3 Years
Hello, I've been looking around after seeing other RPGMaker fan games (such as Solar Light Lunar Dark) use side stairs in their games and am wondering where I could find the event code for them. I have tried utilizing the information available on the Essentials wiki but that event code is only good for side stairs that span over a single tile. That code also does not let the player stop in the middle of the stairs, they are forced to the top/bottom due to the nature of the event. I know having an event for side stairs without forcing the player to the top/bottom is possible (ie Solar Light Lunar Dark).

I have tiles that are the same as Black and White's longer side stairs (3-4 tiles) and would love to make use of them if anyone knows where I can find the event scripts. Thank you!

Edit: Problem solved after trying Marty152's stairs without events tutorial thanks to Vendily suggesting it. Thank you

Vendily

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
942 posts
4.1 Years
Searching for site:pokecommunity.com sideways stairs gives me https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398998 as the first result.

The site: modifier is nice because it lets you narrow down what you are looking for. (Though google probably learned that I only really search for game dev/rom hacking stuff so you might have to add a few more keywords.)

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2 posts
1.3 Years
Had a problem with this script from Marty152's the first time I tried it but I went back and tried it again only to realize it does work for my version of essentials. Thank you!
Advertiser Content