• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Learning Style

Your dominant learning style!

• Auditory

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Visual

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Hands On

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
Years
We all learn and interpret information differently.

Some of us retain more by learning with our ears, a lecture or audio files etc. etc.
Some of us learn more efficiently by visual queues, to do manuals with pictures etc. etc.
Some of us excel in displaying our knowledge when we learn by going with the hands on approach.

So with you.. What's your learning style? Also, yes, it is very common to have a combination of 2 or all approaches. Some are all 3, but dominant in a certain aspect.

For me I am more of a hands on and visual learner. Always have been to be honest. The auditory aspect can be my friend at times but not as often as the first two...

(I've set the poll up that you can select more then one.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
So I'm learning how to do reports at work and for me I have to write everything down step by step in almost in an idiot proof way. Then I want to do it with them there to make sure I'm doing it right. I have to do it several times just to get a routine down. That way when they're not here I can just follow my notes if I need to.

Years
I learn pretty well in all respects honestly. Although the best method for learning tends to shift depending on what the task is.

Years
Visual and immersion for sure. That's why I didn't like school at all, since most of my learning was forced through textbooks/note cards/re-reading things constantly, and then ending up forgetting them when I needed the information. I can't retain things well that way. /:

Bay

Years
Like most folks here, visual and hands on for me. With auditory sometimes my mind might drift somewhere if I try to listen something not interesting to me.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Visual and hands on.
I find it difficult to do it the auditory way.

Visually is probably the best way for me, I find if I can watch someone do something, then test and fail at it the first time. I can watch and watch again until I understand it.
Same with being hands on.

Although, it does depend on what I'm doing or learning.

Years
visual + hands on

one of the reasons i really hate my router class is because my professor prefers to explain things in such a technical way that 85% of what she's talking about goes straight over my head. like, i get where she's trying to get at in explaining the theory and technicalities of routers, but show me and have me understand by doing, not by going on some 3 hour lecture full of technical jargon about it.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
A mixture of visual and auditory. My university course requires me to learn about various programmes in relation to game design, so I tend to watch tutorials on YouTube where you listen to the maker describe the functions within the programmes and watch as they show you how to use said functions.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I'm a complete tactile/kinetic learner. If I don't take notes, make flash cards, and regularly review them I often forget the material.

Years
Hands on, so you know I did terribly in school.
You can talk at me all you want, it won't work. It helps a bit if I take notes.

Back