Static Cat

No connection to Zeraora

Male
Canada
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
7 posts
11 Days
It's in the title. I'm on the hunt for a different kind of Antagonist! I haven't filtered through EVERYTHING yet so I have no idea if this is something that's kinda different, or if it's need beaten into the ground.

If it has been done a bunch already, how do you think I can get around it? Personalize it?

Any other ideas on a single party antagonist that you might have and you're cool with me possibly using?

Sometimes I'm not the best at coming up with ideas haha! :laugh-squinted:

LMAO it's like midnight and context might help, I don't know if I want it to be a part of a Pokemon Fangame or a stand alone idea for a short comic. What I'm asking is if it's been used in fangames before, or if it's a "troupe" I'm unaware of.

Haha please just help me with this LOL

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,939 posts
14.1 Years
Don't know about fangames and short comics, but I'm pretty sure prison escapes is a trope that has been done before in Pokemon fanfics. I did read one or two long ago that featured that. Even if the trope has been done a lot, it's all about the execution. I would at least think a bit how your characters will escape, what obstacles they'll face, and how they'll react to those obstacles. Otherwise, good luck!

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]

Static Cat

No connection to Zeraora

Male
Canada
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
7 posts
11 Days
Authors of fanfics have honestly thought of everything at this point lol.

Thankfully this is an antagonist, so I could get pretty creative with the morals, but you're definitely spot on with the execution advice, so thank you. I just want to avoid the comparisons later down the road "of so like _____" or "this is a lot like ____". It's something I always try to seek to avoid in all my writings lol.

Thank you for responding! :)