• 2 replies

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
14,808 posts
7.7 Years
Today the governor of Texas signed into law a bill banning abortions from 6 weeks on, while on Monday the US Supreme Court said it would hear a case regarding Mississippi's 2020 abortion law, which had been struck down by lower courts.

The Texas one is just one of several that have passed during the past year or so. They were all brought up and passed knowing that they would be challenged and could possibly make it to the conservative majority Supreme Court, where the concerning possibility of previous precedent(s) being overturned and abortion being practically banned at the federal level exists.

The Mississippi case is said to happen sometime this fall/autumn.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Sheep

she/her
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
33,087 posts
14.8 Years
Very few even know they're pregnant by 6 weeks. This just seems like a workaround to banning abortions altogether by making the timeframe so short that most women wouldn't even know about it, since they probably can't ban them entirely. /:
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Sandalphon

god hates us all

She/her
In bed
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
16,689 posts
8.1 Years
Can these people stop trying to control women's bodies? They're pro life until the baby is born, especially if that baby is non white or poor.

If Abbot is so obsessed with god he can answer to him about all the people he let die during the freeze.

you're a joker and i'm a courtside killer queen

and you will kiss the ring