She/Her
Tohjo Falls
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
22,632 posts
16.1 Years
Virtual Pokémon Pet Feedback
We want to hear from our Trainers!

We have decided to keep this thread open permanently!!! If you have any suggestions for improving VPP, please drop them here, and the team will discuss, debate, and consider them! :)

Hello Trainers!!!

The VPP crew would like your feedback on Virtual Pokémon Pet!

If there's anything you have on your mind about VPP, now is your time to let us know!

Our goal is to keep VPP accessible, while making it as fun as possible, but there are bound to be things we miss along the way. That's where you come in! Perhaps you have a great idea for a challenge, or maybe the wording of something in the guides really confuses you. Let us know your thoughts on any aspect of VPP, so we can consider them at the next VPP discussion!

Some examples of the sort of things we would really appreciate feedback on:

● What do you like about VPP?

● Is there anything you think could be better?

● Which VPP events have you enjoyed the most? What would you like to see return? Perhaps you have some ideas for new ones?

● Are there any aspects of VPP you feel should be explained more clearly? Maybe there are parts of the guides you feel we should work on? Please let us know!

● Do you have any ideas for new ribbons / awards?

● How about tag-teams? What about trading? Is there anything we could improve with either of these?

● Would you be interested in taking part in a community VPP event? This would involve raising a Pokémon (an extra one, alongside your own) with multiple people. What type of Pokémon would make you excited to take part in such an event?

● Got a cool idea for a new challenge? Let us know!

● Is there anything else you would like to see in the mart? Perhaps more evolutionary items, or maybe even prizes! Let us know if there's something you've been itching to spend your points on!

● What would make raising first and middle evolutions, as well as other unloved Pokémon, more desirable for you? Perhaps challenges, a ribbon or maybe something else?

Please feel free to give us feedback on absolutely anything VPP related, even if it's not listed above!

Thank you everyone, the VPP team can't wait to see what you have to say!
Palkia
Type: Water / Dragon
Shiny: No
Received @ 22,496
Hatched @ 22,511
Lv.100 @ 22,736
Parasect
Type: Bug / Grass
Tag Partner: Pikaboo
Received @ 22,538
Hatched @ 22,553
Lv.100 @ 22,738
Paired with Roni | My Trainer Stats
Male
Netherlands
Online now
Posted 2 Minutes Ago
9,831 posts
1.4 Years
What do you like about VPP?
To me it's just something fun to keep me busy while posting around. Now, that is.
Initially.... it was what got me to explore more sections of the forum and post around more (and 'meet' new people).... pretty sure I wouldn't be nearly as active in several of the sections I post in regularly now if it wasn't for VPP.
Guess the situation kinda flipped somewhere along the way 🤔 xD

So anyway, imo it's a good incentive for people to get more active on the forums and explore area(s) of the forum they might otherwise not visit!

Do you have any ideas for new ribbons / awards?
Already coined it at some point, but I'll mention it again: a Trading ribbon or challenge to promote Trading a bit more.

How about tag-teams? What about trading? Is there anything we could improve with either of these?
Tag Teams are fine imo. As for trading, there's something I've been wondering, which I was gonna bring up soon-ish, so I guess I'll just do it here and now instead =p
-Traded mons need to be kept in your stats. Does that mean you can still use anything that you raise for trading for the 10 VPPs between Masters & Legendaries? Does the other person get to do this too?
-Points for traded mons: do you keep the points or do those get traded along with the mon?

Just some points I was wondering about ^.^

Which VPP events have you enjoyed the most? What would you like to see return? Perhaps you have some ideas for new ones?

Would you be interested in taking part in a community VPP event? This would involve raising a Pokémon (an extra one, alongside your own) with multiple people. What type of Pokémon would make you excited to take part in such an event?
Sure. A pokemon instantly comes to mind actually. Not because it excites me, but because it's concept fits with this sort of thing very well imo: School form Wishiwashi !
Not a very exciting mon to me, but! It is a mon that is stronger in a school, and since in that sort of event a lot of people would be working together, I just feel like it would fit as a theme!

As for more exciting mons... kinda hard to say tbh. People's preferences vary from person to person by quite a lot.
Mons like the recent Crystal Onix might be an idea here though. Maybe make more 'special' forms like that for some popular mons? Like, maybe a glowing Primarina? a Rainbow colored Milotic? Icy cold looking Nidoking or Nidoqueen? Or a Golden Serperior?
Basically just unusual forms like that. The difference between the Onix and these being these probably don't exist in the anime or somewhere else.

Another options that comes to mind: how about Shadow Pokemon? Like in Coliseums/XD. (google also shows results for Pokemon Go, but I'm not very familiar with go)
These are not pokemon normally raise-able I think.

I feel like unusual things like these, that are not raise-able by normal means, might draw good attention.

Got a cool idea for a new challenge? Let us know!
I still kinda want a Pokemon Band challenge like in the Sword/Shield credits, ngl xD

Pokemon Band/Musical Mons (or a similar name):
6 out of the following 8 Options: Rillaboom, Toxtricity (Either or Both Forms), Obstagooon, Loudred/Exploud, Chatot, Noivern, Primarina

Is there anything else you would like to see in the mart? Perhaps more evolutionary items, or maybe even prizes! Let us know if there's something you've been itching to spend your points on!

What would make raising first and middle evolutions, as well as other unloved Pokémon, more desirable for you? Perhaps challenges, a ribbon or maybe something else?
I'm actually already planning on raising some. Currently their 'main' use would be for a ribbon iirc.
I'm gonna finish up my Vivillon challenges, raise a legendary, and after that I was going to raise some NFE's for trading. They'd potentially be interesting for people working on the ribbon.

A baby challenge could provide some incentive too. There's around 18 pokemon considered 'baby' pokemon.
Iirc squirtlenator already coined this at some point?

Likewise, you could make a middle form challenge too.

Or just a general purpose NFE challenge (possibly repeatable like a raise 6 of x type challenge).

As for a different idea... maybe make a special reward.

As an idea: Z-crystals are currently not in the shop.
You could make it so these are either purchasable for point or claimable from the shop, but only if you complete some NFE related goal(s)!
Given that there is a Z-crystal for every type, how about making it so that if you raise say 6 NFE's of a certain type, you can then be eligible to buy/claim it's Z-crystal in the shop?

And then there would be a reward for collecting all of them. this could be as simple as a challenge for collecting all the Z-crystals (which you would claim by turning in the Z-crystals themselves).
Or perhaps instead a guaranteed shiny for all that effort!
Or perhaps a special mon you cannot obtain otherwise! (like mentioned earlier, the stuff about shadow mons etc.).

Dang look at the time... xD

EDIT:
Actually for the Z-crystals thing... another reward could be Totem pokemon at certain intervals as you accumulate them.

Anyway consider all this raw input I guess =p

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Spectrier @ Level 100 9.931

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.

Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
3,630 posts
1.7 Years
● What do you like about VPP?
I think I've said it in another thread, but VPP feel so "natural" and well-fitted to PokéCommunity. It's a forum about Pokémons, so you want to display the Pokémons you love. Rising them with posts feels so natural for a forum.
Now, for me, I don't feel VPP motivates me to post. It would be the opposite; I like to post in the Forum Games, and the VPP's are a kind of "achievement", like the forum is thanking me for posting ^^

● Is there anything you think could be better?
At first I felt that the required number of posts was too high. On reflection, it's a bit high for someone like me who almost only posts on one subforum, but I would say it's balanced.

● Which VPP events have you enjoyed the most? What would you like to see return? Perhaps you have some ideas for new ones?
Not sure what you are talking about ^^"
Threads like the Third Anniversary or the Virtual Pokémon Pride?
It was a nice surprise! I got Pokémons I wasn't expecting to get.
The Virtual Pokémon Pride was a nice idea. Minior fitted the cause due to its rainbow colors, and it was for a great cause overall ^^

● Are there any aspects of VPP you feel should be explained more clearly? Maybe there are parts of the guides you feel we should work on? Please let us know!
It took me some time to realise how to rise VPP's ^^"
I don't know, it wasn't really clear for me when reading the rules that a post would make it grow ^^"
That's why you saw me lurk for some time before I actually posted my first request ^^

● How about tag-teams? What about trading? Is there anything we could improve with either of these?
Haven't tried yet, sorry ^^"

● Would you be interested in taking part in a community VPP event? This would involve raising a Pokémon (an extra one, alongside your own) with multiple people. What type of Pokémon would make you excited to take part in such an event?
Maybe you could adapt the idea of Max Raids, where you gather with some people to fight a Dynamax/Gigantamax form. Here we would not gather to fight, but gather to raise VPPs :)

● Got a cool idea for a new challenge? Let us know!
I was thinking of a "fake dragon" challenge: raise Gyarados, Charizard, Tropius, Aerodactyl, (there should be others that "should" be dragon-type but are not).
Butterfly: raise 6 different moths/butterflies (Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Venomoth, Mothim, Vivillon, Frosmoth, Volcarona)
This can be declined to other "families" of animals (dogs, cats, snakes, mice...)

● What would make raising first and middle evolutions, as well as other unloved Pokémon, more desirable for you? Perhaps challenges, a ribbon or maybe something else?
Maybe fewer posts to raise a first/middle evolution?
But anyway, I only raise the Pokémons I like. If I prefer the middle evolution to the third evolution, I will take it (see my Roselia :) )

Please feel free to give us feedback on absolutely anything VPP related, even if it's not listed above!

Thank you everyone, the VPP team can't wait to see what you have to say![/div]
It's a great idea overall :)

Applin @ 3,490
Hatch @ 3,505
Appletun @ Level 100: 3,650
Applin @ 3,329
Hatch @ 3,344
Flapple @ Level 100: 3,489
Ponyta @ 3,152
Hatch @ 3,167
Rapidash @ Level 100: 3,327
Munna @ 2,968
Hatch @ 2,983
Musharna @ Level 100: 3,143
Tyrunt @ 2,900
Hatch: @ 2,915
Tyrantrum @ Lv 100: 3,100
Tag-Team with ReKoil
Eevee @ 2,788
Hatch @ 2,803
Glaceon @ Level 100: 2,963
Shiny: Yes

My work for Pokémon Essentials: ►Gen 8 move animations

Pikaboo

halloween never ends ~

he, they
Spirit Halloween
Online now
Posted 2 Minutes Ago

That's a tough question: it's a nifty, fairly low stakes way to encourage posting. Like an idle game but not so idle since you need to post.
I guess it's cute and appeals to the primal part of my lizard brain that likes seeing numbers go up?

Is there anything you think could be better?

Well, there are two main points here that are more or less unrelated. The first isn't really that actionable but the second is a bit more.

- The presentation (the not very actionable one)
Because the game doesn't have any stakes, it works as a chill backdrop kind of game, but at the same time that can backfire sometimes. If we had a unified / more or less standard way to present the VPPs you have (something like the Global Pokedex Plus party screen say, or one of those streamer terrariums or stuff like that) I think it could make the game even more enjoyable.

VPP is fundamentally playing dolls and being able to showcase your efforts and just visualize your collection in general would help driving interest, in my opinion. Of course, I do realize the logistical problems involved with actually making something like this, that's why I said it's not very actionable.

I do have a project to make something like this but it's nowhere near ready and I'm in midterms rush so only god knows when I'll have time to work on it. Still, if I do get something more prototype-y done I'll let y'all know.

- The Alolan / Galarian formes (the actionable one)
I've mentioned that before in the Chat thread and I was more or less brushed off, but in the interest of being thorough:

I don't quite get why Alolan and Galarian forms are being treated in the same fashion as Megas / Dynamax. It doesn't really make much sense in Pokémon logic, specially since some of those forms are actually quite mundane in the games.

Needing a stone implies it's a special form when regional forms aren't really all that special? Especially since Galar has set the precedent that different forms can evolve into completely new Pokémon, making they behave even less like Megas / Dynamax in my opinion.

So, I'd personally suggest removing the stone aspect for regional forms or maybe just shuffling it for a pair / set kind of deal. So if you have an Alolan stone you can get a Kanto-Cubone + Alola-Cubone set for example.

- The one that only dorks like me would care about
A way to reset your progress because growing your collection in a certain way for the [i]a e s t h e t i c s[/b] is cute. It's fundamentally not a big deal, but having the option would be nice <3

The point tags on the shop seem a bit steep considering that raising a VPP can take quite a while - especially if the user doesn't just hop around the Trivia sections - but again, it's not a particularly big deal.

Which VPP events have you enjoyed the most? What would you like to see return? Perhaps you have some ideas for new ones?

All the events I've been part of so far were "Get free stuff by posting here", which are nice - you won't see me turning down free stuff anytime soon - but as far as events go, none really strike out to me.

Some event ideas that I think could be fun:
- Design a VPP form
Have a small community contest to design / illustrate / whatever a regional VPP form for a certain Pokémon and introduce it as a special Pokémon / gate it behind an item for future reasons. I understand there are some logistic issues to consider but I think it can be a fun way to engage with the broader community.

- Easter Hatchery
Allow a person to get a free egg from one of their Pokémon and maybe have it level up faster or something? Would incentivize trading - which as a mechanic doesn't seem to be used that often in VPP, I think - or just help with split evolutions.

So say, if you have an Espeon and get an Eevee egg you can evolve it into another Eeveelution or you could just trade it.

- March Madness
Have a roulette to get prizes (after a reasonable points fee), could be anything ranging from items to full blown Pokemon.

Are there any aspects of VPP you feel should be explained more clearly? Maybe there are parts of the guides you feel we should work on? Please let us know!

In the guide you say "Alolan / Galarian Pokemon" when it seems like you mean "Alolan / Galarian forms". This was a bit confusing to me when starting out.

I'd also suggest merging the "Getting Started" and "Advanced" threads. I don't quite get why we have 2 threads? I'm always confusing where something I want to look up is. Ideally I'd suggest having more of a Wiki style thing but logistics are a pain.

I'll agree with Rekoil and double the Trading Ribbon / Award suggestion.

How about tag-teams? What about trading? Is there anything we could improve with either of these?

Tag Teams are okay-ish ... the main problem with tag teams is when one person doesn't finish their part in a "timely"-ish manner. There's nothing really VPP as an institution can do that they haven't already done, except maybe drop the waiting period for inactivity from 3 months without posting to I don't know, 1 month ~ 1.5 months or something.

As for trading, it seems like it's overly harsh. It requires a 1500 point tag (which is what you get for around ~9 ~22 normal Pokémon), and the Pokémon have a number of restrictions (can't be used for any challenges / legendaries the original trainer used it for).

It says on the thread that the price is to keep trainers from being lazy, but if I need to raise 9 22 Pokémon before trading one, I may as well just ... raise that Pokémon myself and use those points to buy something else. Maybe a Mega Stone or a Shiny Stone, idk. Especially since the only Pokémon that I can't just raise myself willy nilly (Legends / UBs / Event Pokemon a la Crystal Onix) can't be traded.
(EDIT: Did the math wrong, was using posts instead of points).

So I think we should either lower the price of a Link Cable (or even get rid of it altogether), relax the requirements of what can and can't be traded or relax the penalties for traded Pokémon.

Personally I'd do a mix of those or even all three. Since VPP doesn't really have big stakes, why do we even care if people are lazy? The only people they'd be affecting are themselves.

Would you be interested in taking part in a community VPP event? This would involve raising a Pokémon (an extra one, alongside your own) with multiple people. What type of Pokémon would make you excited to take part in such an event?

Sure, I'd be fine with whatever except a Pokémon I already have. So maybe, Community events should have a little bit more leeway on what they give?

Especially since the older players which already have a bigger collection (and are the ones that are more likely to participate in an event due to being regulars) will, by definition start to have less and less non-duplicates to get.

Is there anything else you would like to see in the mart? Perhaps more evolutionary items, or maybe even prizes! Let us know if there's something you've been itching to spend your points on!

Can't think of anything right now. Maybe a "VPP Stone" (and the associated VPP Form challenge) for something like the Event I mentioned before (or even to just get a Crystal Onix, since we've introduced it to VPP Canon with the Anniversary event).

What would make raising first and middle evolutions, as well as other unloved Pokémon, more desirable for you? Perhaps challenges, a ribbon or maybe something else?

Making challenges accept the whole line instead of just the final form would help.

Eg.: Right now "Ash - Kanto" takes Lapras, Primeape, Charizard, Muk, Tauros & Snorlax. Which means that raising Munchlax or Grimer wouldn't help to get the challenge, even though fundamentally there's not really a big difference on getting a max level Grimer and a max level Muk mechanically.

I guess some challenges / ribbons would help too. For example:

- Daycare Teacher: have 6 Baby Pokémon (e.g.: Magby, Togepi, Elekid)
- Old School FE: have 6 Pokémon that were FE in the past but aren't anymore (e.g.: Magmar, Porygon, Scyther)
- Incense Fiend: have 6 Pokémon that require incense to breed (e.g.: Azurill, Wynaut, Bonsly, Chingling)

Devalue

Any pronoun
Online now
Posted 12 Hours Ago
938 posts
293 Days
Provides a small motivation bump to posting. May wander in different threads or sections, particularly if a season is drawing to a close.

Is there anything you think could be better?
Event visibility. Rarely checks the subforum. Notices events when it was the most recent thread posted in. Missed the Pride event completely, for example.

Offers no good solution here, unfortunately, other than "a regular reason to poke in".

Joined relatively recently. Only noticed "post here for stuff" events. Did not find them engaging.

Perhaps a Hurt and Heal style event? Ask for Pokemon submissions. Randomly pick four or so. May hurt and heal a Pokemon based on your number of posts during the event. Receives the winning Pokemon at the end of the event.

Sees possible pitfalls. Must prevent people from holding onto their points until the last moment. Suggests a round-based format. Contributes a maximum of twenty posts each round.

Are there any aspects of VPP you feel should be explained more clearly? Maybe there are parts of the guides you feel we should work on? Please let us know!
Seems clear.

Could include a basic template for stats threads. Would not call it a pressing need, however. Lifts the formatting from another's thread easily enough.

No.

Probably not. Shies away from tag-teams due to the inevitable awkward waiting period for one person to finish. Declines to trade, even without the Trade Cable cost. Would not trade your cat for some other pet in real life. Applies the same reasoning here.

Sure. Seeks mainly favorites at present. Is not motivated more by legendary or unique Pokemon.

Maybe the Pokemon from winning VGC teams? League Champions? One Pokemon from each generation? Version exclusives (by generation)?

Shrugs. Spent zero points thus far due to needing nothing. Values permanent upgrades, like the Rainbow Stone, despite being largely indifferent towards shiny Pokemon. Could see others being interested in consumable raising speed upgrades (EXP Candy) or a situational permanent increase (Destiny Knot for Tag-Teams).

Hm. Alternative Destiny Knot idea: Allows you to contribute [X] posts to your partner's total if you have finished your end. Does that make the bookkeeping too difficult?

Unknown (not the Pokemon). Always raised Pokemon to their final stage in the games. Feels weird to call a Pokemon "complete" in an unevolved state. (...Except for Torracat.)
Current Virtual Pokemon Pet: Corviknight
Level 100 at 1081 posts

Game Journal Thread
Most Recent Entry: Pokemon Moon, Voice of Cards Demo, and Earthbound

Male
Netherlands
Online now
Posted 2 Minutes Ago
9,831 posts
1.4 Years
Well my brain refused to quiet down for a good while when I tried to go sleep last night... so... amongst other things it at one point decided to think through some more things about VPP so, now I'm here quoting myself.... (kinda feels weird af, ngl)

Already coined it at some point, but I'll mention it again: a Trading ribbon or challenge to promote Trading a bit more.

-----

I still kinda want a Pokemon Band challenge like in the Sword/Shield credits, ngl xD

Pokemon Band/Musical Mons (or a similar name):
6 out of the following 8 Options: Rillaboom, Toxtricity (Either or Both Forms), Obstagooon, Loudred/Exploud, Chatot, Noivern, Primarina
This was about ribbons/challenges. Something in addition popped into my head.

Currently Seasonal VPP's main use is a post discount. So I was thinking, why not make a once a season challenge for every season? (meaning you can do each once per year)
Basically, every season you can just raise any 6 VPP's that are in season and use them for the seasonal challenge.
If you do this for 4 consecutive seasons, you could claim a 'Season Ribbon'. (one-time ribbon)

Sure. A pokemon instantly comes to mind actually. Not because it excites me, but because it's concept fits with this sort of thing very well imo: School form Wishiwashi !
Not a very exciting mon to me, but! It is a mon that is stronger in a school, and since in that sort of event a lot of people would be working together, I just feel like it would fit as a theme!

As for more exciting mons... kinda hard to say tbh. People's preferences vary from person to person by quite a lot.
Mons like the recent Crystal Onix might be an idea here though. Maybe make more 'special' forms like that for some popular mons? Like, maybe a glowing Primarina? a Rainbow colored Milotic? Icy cold looking Nidoking or Nidoqueen? Or a Golden Serperior?
Basically just unusual forms like that. The difference between the Onix and these being these probably don't exist in the anime or somewhere else.

Another options that comes to mind: how about Shadow Pokemon? Like in Coliseums/XD. (google also shows results for Pokemon Go, but I'm not very familiar with go)
These are not pokemon normally raise-able I think.

I feel like unusual things like these, that are not raise-able by normal means, might draw good attention.
This was on VPP events. I actually had some more ideas for events:

-Idea 1:
why not an event where you raise VPP's to defeat a hostile mon? Like as if we're raising an army to defeat something that wants to attack us?
For an example setting, the UB's would fit: (there are definitely other options too for settings)

"A wormhole opens. A very angry Buzzwole pops out. It's spotted some flabbergasted local pokemon, a poor Sandygast and a Skitty! To defeat it we need your help raising a Fire & a Flying type Pokemon! But, you don't have forever! If you take too long, poor Sandygast & Skitty won't survive!"

This would basically be like a mission type event. When in the example the people participating raise 1 fire & 1 flying type pokemon during the event, the Buzzwole gets defeated (this could either be per person or as a team depending on the required numbers!). The Sandygast and Skitty would have an HP bar which would drain a bit every day! If it's fully empty, the event ends and is failed. I'd possibly recommend maybe participation points just in case it does.
If it's completed successfully however, participants would either be able to keep the mons they raised during the event, or the mons that got saved (or possibly all of them, really depends on event length and how much the mons had to be raised for imo.... Idea might need some additional tweaking =p).

-Idea 2:
Contests! This could be a monthly type of event =3
There are bunch of different options that came to mind for me here, but basically: each month a contest for a certain type would be held: Cool, Tough, Beauty, Smart and Cute.

In the games moves were classified as these types, which is kinda useless here. To make it fit VPP better you could either:
-arbitrarily make each Pokemon type correspond with a contest type. For Example: Psychic/Dark/Bug = Smart. Fairy/Water/Grass = Beauty, etc. etc.
-let people decide for themself what to enter for what. Entering a Litten for a Cute contest. Sure, probably stands a chance. Raising a Mr. Mime for that same cute contest... you could, but don't count on winning I guess =p
So basically the choice here being whether or not to leave it up to people what they feel like entering, or just assign Pokemon types to Contest Types.

Any mon you raised that month, that fits with the above choice, would be enter-able for the contest.

I spy an opportunity for an additional use for NFE's here though, so: for each contest you need a gem to enter (Bug Gem/Flying Gem/Normal Gem etc. etc.; these typings would/could be made to fit like above too). In order to get a gem, you need to raise a NFE. Gems could potentially be handed out automatically whenever you request an NFE, and would be the Gem that matches the typing of the NFE. For Litten/Torracat it would be a Fire Gem for example. For dual type NFE's (for example Azurill is Normal/Fairy) the person requesting could indicate a preference. if not you just flip a coin when handing out the NFE.
So basically, you'd need to raise an NFE every now and then to keep being able to enter contests (Gems are single use) =)

You could even add the ranks Contests had in the game, but that might be a bit much. A basic idea for this:
If you enter a contest you'd get participation points. At a certain point threshold you'd qualify yourself for the next rank. Winning a contest gets you additional points to ranking up.
Everyone starts at Normal rank. Contests for the next rank would only be held if there's say at least 3 people (or a higher number) who made it to that rank. This would apply to any subsequent ranks too (Super, Hyper, Master).

You could hand prizes such as points, ribbons or possibly some reward only VPP's out to those who win a contest (or for moving up the Contest Ranks if incorporating that too).

Idea 3:
A yearly event where people coin an idea for a unique VPP in the form of regional form! There's Alolan forms. There's Galarian forms. Soon there will be Hisuin Forms. So I had the idea:
Why not make some PokeCommunity Forms for VPP (Pokemunitian Forms? I mean... name pending I guess xD).

For a start, every person on the VPP mod team would coin 1 or 2 PC regional forms (you better make a Rapunzel Mon Ash... if this actually gets used as an idea =p xD)
For additional PC regional forms, there would be a once a year contest in VPP where people who do VPP coin a new form. Art optional, but not required. Required info would be what it's a regional form of and what it's new typing would be (and possible any new evolutions). Optionally a PokeDex description for a better mental image.

These mons would not be raisable by normal means. Instead you'd require new items from the shop. I mean you could just make new regional stone too and make it raisable like other regional forms, but... I spy an opportunity here for a tie in with trading!

You could possibly hand out Trade Tokens (or a similar concept) when a trade is approved. People accumulate these and possibly buy some stuff from the store that can't be obtained by any other way. PC regional forms would be perfect for this imo. Collecting them all could be a challenge or ribbon too!

Alternatively there's other potential exclusive VPP's (shadow pokemon or Totem Pokemon or maybe Ultra Necrozma cuz why the heck not xD) or items (how about a consumable item that would make the counter slow down during a team up to beat a hostile mon event (from event idea 1).

I'm actually already planning on raising some. Currently their 'main' use would be for a ribbon iirc.
I'm gonna finish up my Vivillon challenges, raise a legendary, and after that I was going to raise some NFE's for trading. They'd potentially be interesting for people working on the ribbon.

A baby challenge could provide some incentive too. There's around 18 pokemon considered 'baby' pokemon.
Iirc squirtlenator already coined this at some point?

Likewise, you could make a middle form challenge too.

Or just a general purpose NFE challenge (possibly repeatable like a raise 6 of x type challenge).

As for a different idea... maybe make a special reward.

As an idea: Z-crystals are currently not in the shop.
You could make it so these are either purchasable for point or claimable from the shop, but only if you complete some NFE related goal(s)!
Given that there is a Z-crystal for every type, how about making it so that if you raise say 6 NFE's of a certain type, you can then be eligible to buy/claim it's Z-crystal in the shop?

And then there would be a reward for collecting all of them. this could be as simple as a challenge for collecting all the Z-crystals (which you would claim by turning in the Z-crystals themselves).
Or perhaps instead a guaranteed shiny for all that effort!
Or perhaps a special mon you cannot obtain otherwise! (like mentioned earlier, the stuff about shadow mons etc.).

Dang look at the time... xD

EDIT:
Actually for the Z-crystals thing... another reward could be Totem pokemon at certain intervals as you accumulate them.

Anyway consider all this raw input I guess =p
Actually since I like both the idea of having Gems and the idea of having Z-crystals....
I already mentioned Gems for a possible use in contest type events above. If not used for something like that an alternative use could be handing these out along with NFE's as already coined above, but instead you'd stockpile these and you could buy a Z-crystal with them from the store for a certain amount of them. The Z-crystals you'd then stockpile for claiming Totem Pokemon (or perhaps just a Ribbon?). Could also add a ribbon for collecting gems too I guess.

I feel like there were more ideas.... but remembering stuff that pops into my beehive of a mind right before sleeping is... not ideal to say the least xD

Anyway, these are just ideas! ^.^

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Spectrier @ Level 100 9.931

Pikaboo

halloween never ends ~

he, they
Spirit Halloween
Online now
Posted 2 Minutes Ago
After thinking a little bit about it, I think there's ... a meta commentary to be had here.

Right now, the feedback questions themselves are more or less biased in the direction of adding stuff: they ask whether we have ideas for new stuff, whether we'd like to like some old things return, how to make $MECHANIC be more used, and so on.

So perhaps it's not surprising that most of the suggestions given (mine included) skew towards this same mindset, but after some thinking I'd like to say that this isn't necessarily the best way forward: feature creep is real.

The more features and events and things you add, the more complex the game and documentation become. This might turn off new members and might introduce balancing issues since two features introduced separately might not interact very well together.

I don't necessarily think that we should stop adding things altogether - and in fact, it seems like ReKoil has even indepedently reached the same idea I had about VPP forms, so that's probably a sign the idea has some kind of merit - but I do think that we should also consider whether trying to push new mechanics like NFEs, Trading, new items, etc. is necessarily a good thing.

It could be a lack of incentives (as I outlined in my previous posts) but it could also just be ... lack of interest. Outside of like half a dozen NFEs, most people just like the fully evolved forms better, so it makes sense they'd be more popular. We have an infinite supply of Pokémon and the only barrier to getting one (that you can trade right now, at least) is time and posting - this means trading will naturally be less common.

We could artificially change that with incentives and changing the prices of things and stuff, but the vibe I got (I could be wrong, of course) is that we're trying to make these things more common just to have them be more common and not because these mechanics misbehaving is throwing the workings out of whack or has been shown to be making the overall VPP experience worse.

Caite-chan

Lt. Commander!

Age 34
Female
Vermillion City
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
10,437 posts
18.1 Years
You guys have been super awesome with the feedback. We are keeping lots of notes of everything you guys have posted about. I myself have been keeping a sharp eye on this thread and love everything you guys are telling us. I know some of us are going to be gone for the weekend but we will be talking about all of this soon. :D
VPP: Dialga @ 10,630 / Delphox @ 10,600 w/ Fairy | Futro Region
“I have found Holmes’ methodology of deductive reasoning to be quite
useful. One of his adages is that once you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
- Lt. Cmdr. Data

Moderator of: VPP & Pokemon Mobile

Starlight

She/Her
Tohjo Falls
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
22,632 posts
16.1 Years
We have decided to keep this thread open permanently!!! If you have any suggestions for improving VPP, please drop them here, and the team will discuss, debate, and consider them! :)
Palkia
Type: Water / Dragon
Received @ 22,496
Hatched @ 22,511
Lv.100 @ 22,736
Parasect
Type: Bug / Grass
Tag Partner: Pikaboo
Received @ 22,538
Hatched @ 22,553
Lv.100 @ 22,738
Paired with Roni | My Trainer Stats

Fairy

she / they
in the flowers
Online now
Posted 14 Minutes Ago
12,941 posts
10.5 Years
What about adding some kind of reward for PC achievements? Like anniversaries and such?

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Pikaboo

halloween never ends ~

he, they
Spirit Halloween
Online now
Posted 2 Minutes Ago
I've noticed the Ash challenges stop at Kalos.

So here are a few suggestions:

Ash Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Melmetal, Solgaleo, Naganadel
(I do realize that legends aren't ideal but the Alola series decided to stack Ash's deck for some reason)

Ash Galar: Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Mega Lucario, Sirfetch'd & Dracovish
(Rotom to symbolize Rotom-Phone if we don't want to go with Pikachu for both Kalos and Galar)

Also, Rotom-Phone as a VPP form would be pretty cool.

Roni

shen't
PH
Online now
Posted 10 Minutes Ago
15,490 posts
8.7 Years
I also wanna suggest some new ribbon ideas too perhaps?

Socialite Ribbon - Tag Team with at least 5 other people
Golden Ribbon - Obtain all Gold Medals for all Pokemon types
Alphabet Ribbon - Raise all Unown forms
Paired with Starlight
VPP
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy