• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Next-Gen System(s) are you getting?

Which one are you going to get?

• The Nintendo Revolution

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • The Sony PlayStation 3

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • The Microsoft XBox 360

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Nah, I'm not going to get one

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    As the title says. Are you going to get one when they come out? Or are you just going to stick this this gen for some time?

Oh and before you guys post I want to lay down a few rules of the thread so it doesn't turn into one of them "Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft".

Vote in the poll and if you want to tell what you voted and maybe give a reason why you want that system(s)
    (I just know that "reason" is going to come back and bite me in the butt)

Don't reply to other member's posts. Don't quote them or bring up names or anything like that. Post like you were the first member to post in this thread.
    And I think that's it. So are you going to get the Nintendo Revolution, and/or the Sony PlayStation 3, and/or the Microsoft XBox 360?

Years
    i gonna get the revolution for sure great controller and teh backward compatibility is nice to and teh free online gaming:Pand i am gonna get the 360 probably to great online system and good games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'm going to get the Rev and the PS3. The Rev because I love Nintendo and I soooo want the SSB game on it. And the PS3 because I love Final Fantasy games and I'm sure there's going to be a "few" on there.

Kurosaki

I'm getting the Rev and the PS3, since they are the only systems that have good games and ideas.

Microsoft...pfft...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I'm getting the Rev and the PS3...once I have enough money of course, should work out by then...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The PS3, definitely. I know it's just a Technical Demo, but there's an unanswerable question: What if?

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    It's quite simple, Sony has always been the KING OF RPG's so yeah, the PS3. The Revolution...well Nintendo is just stalling but it would be nice if it comes out around the same time as Sony and Microsoft...you know...a better E3 for next year... :bandit:

Years
    As for me... I'm planning on getting all 3 systems. After I wait for a few years for the prices to come down first.

When I do, I'm getting my hands on the PS3 first, the Xbox 360 next and the Revolution last. And that's if I have the money to do so.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    I guess I'm going with the Rev. I'll only be able to get one next gen system probably, so I'll go for the Revolution.

Reasons

1. My friends enlightened me on the possiblitys of the controller
    2. New Super Smash Bros game
    3. Pokemon will eventually be on the Revolution
    4. Zelda will eventually be on the revolution
    5. Comaptibility with my beloved DS!

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    I'm not going to get any of them at first.

Reasons:
    Outragous prices

When the prices go down I will probally get the Revolution mostly because it will be much more affordable than the others. And because Nintendo makes my favorite games(Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Zelda, Metroid, and others).

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    I'm definatly going with PS3. I would go with Revolution, but Nintendo's pretty much failed in the fighting game genre, which upsets me. PS3 already has a few strong looking fighters lined up. I think that the only thing I'd miss about getting a PS3 would be Zelda...

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Amen to that, Ryan. Other than SSMB Melee, the only good fighting games on GC (Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO and TMNT: Mutant Melee) weren't exclusive. And the same went for N64. I long for the 16-bit days of killer fighting games on both Genesis and SNES.

Back