Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content
View Poll Results: Who should stay?
Bring Misty back! 16 38.10%
No, May should stay. 6 14.29%
Neither of them! 2 4.76%
Both of them! 18 42.86%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 21st, 2004 (2:13 PM).

Well, I've heard a lot of different opinions on this one, so I figured I'd make a poll. ^_^; Do you think Misty should come back for good, or should May stay?

(Sorry, I can't remember if a thread like this has been made recently. All of the old ones don't seem to be active. o.o)
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 21st, 2004 (6:32 PM).
    ♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥

I think May should stay and Misty to also stay when she comes back. I'd just like to see what would happen, lol. ^_~ It'd be good for May, because she'd actually have a girl with her on their journey and not feel like such an outcast with the three boys. I know I would...>_< Hopefully with May's fashion sense and non-stop shopping, she can find Misty some decent clothing to wear, lol. Sorry, I mean Misty would always shop, but you'd never see the clothes she bought or her wearing of them...something that bothered me...O_o

|| be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it ||

| c h r y s t i e | partners in crime | k a y l e i g h |
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old February 21st, 2004 (6:38 PM).
      Reigning Dork Champion of PC

Location: *booming voice* What authority dost though have to ask this of me?
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sayuri no Hoshi
        I think May should stay and Misty to also stay when she comes back. I'd just like to see what would happen, lol. ^_~ It'd be good for May, because she'd actually have a girl with her on their journey and not feel like such an outcast with the three boys. I know I would...>_< Hopefully with May's fashion sense and non-stop shopping, she can find Misty some decent clothing to wear, lol. Sorry, I mean Misty would always shop, but you'd never see the clothes she bought or her wearing of them...something that bothered me...O_o
        I agree! I can't imagine myself traveling around with 3 girls and no boys. That would feel a tad bit awkward hehe.....
        2 are better then 1 anyway! I'd like to see them both back in the group!
        ...And I still can!

Signature under construction. Or I might just be saying this because I have no idea how to make one. Let your imagination guide you!... Please? *smiles* ;p
          #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old February 21st, 2004 (6:41 PM).
        Haruka ga daisuki desu

Misty was awesome yes but i love May as well. Misty should come back and the five of them should travel together. It's hard to pick between the two girls cause they're both cool and both are cute too^^
            #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old February 21st, 2004 (6:46 PM).
          T-o-X-i-C

Nature: Timid
          I hate Misty!

*dodges arrows shot by pokshippers*

I've never liked her mean, b*tchy attitude towards Ash...at least May treats Ash much better than Misty did...
            #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old February 21st, 2004 (6:57 PM).
          Haruka ga daisuki desu

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tmbjr
            I hate Misty!

I've never liked her mean, b*tchy attitude towards Ash...at least May treats Ash much better than Misty did...

True Misty was mean to Ash sometimes but (at least in my opinion) it's cause she liked him. May may treat Ash nicer but still, Misty had her high points as well.
              #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old February 21st, 2004 (7:33 PM).
            Reigning Dork Champion of PC

Location: *booming voice* What authority dost though have to ask this of me?
              Quote:
              I hate Misty!

*gasps*
              .....TMBJR!! I expected better from you!! Especially since your a mod now!
              For shame!!
              Hehe....
              ...And I still can!

Signature under construction. Or I might just be saying this because I have no idea how to make one. Let your imagination guide you!... Please? *smiles* ;p
                #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old February 21st, 2004 (9:52 PM).

Quote:
                I hate Misty!

*Shakes his head*
                What Mattokun said. The only reason Misty treats Ash mean is because she likes him. Have you heard of the saying "PAIN IS LOVE". Well, thats what think it means.
                  #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old February 21st, 2004 (10:32 PM).
                11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
                  I want both Misty and May to stay. It would be cool to see how they treat each other. I could see them hating eaching other, but being good friends too. Who knows...
                    #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old February 22nd, 2004 (11:35 AM).

Quote:
                    I hate Misty!

Fully censor out curse words, if you're going to say them. You should know that, being a moderator. o.o *poke*

Anyways, I want them both to stay. They're so different, it would make it interesting. With Misty's short temper and May's ditzyness, there would probably be a lot of funny parts during their travels. Plus having an extra girl wouldn't hurt. ^_^;
                      #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old February 22nd, 2004 (12:32 PM).
                    Miss Understood. o.X

Yes, I agree with Kayleigh.

Both girls should stay.Uh huh, there definitly would be funny parts with the two of them.:P

And having another girl around would be nice for May.:)

And well, the reason why Misty was a little...touchy with Ash was probally, most likely 'cause she likes him.;)

-Signature seriously under contruction.-

#12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old February 22nd, 2004 (12:36 PM).
                      Haruka ga daisuki desu

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ScArLetSkye
                        Yes, I agree with Kayleigh.

Both girls should stay.Uh huh, there definitly would be funny parts with the two of them.:P

And having another girl around would be nice for May.:)

And well, the reason why Misty was a little...touchy with Ash was probally, most likely 'cause she likes him.;)

Yep, my thoughts exactly
                          #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old February 22nd, 2004 (12:40 PM).
                        Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned

Bringing back Misty is ok imo. Under one condition: if she stops the earpulling-thing.
                          The group would have 5 travelers, which some ppl find a little too large. I believe this was one of the reason why the writers made Misty leave. But I think that 5 ppl in a group is just fine.
                            #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old February 22nd, 2004 (1:54 PM).

I guess it just doesn't seem like Pokemon without Misty... She was my first favorite character on there, she was always on the merchandise with Ash and Brock, and they were just the three main characters. =\ I've gotten so used to her being on the show that it's strange not seeing her on. May is also a great character, but I do wish that they would bring Misty back for good.
                              #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old February 22nd, 2004 (3:04 PM).
                            Has gone~

Quote:
                              I guess it just doesn't seem like Pokemon without Misty... She was my first favorite character on there, she was always on the merchandise with Ash and Brock, and they were just the three main characters. =\ I've gotten so used to her being on the show that it's strange not seeing her on. May is also a great character, but I do wish that they would bring Misty back for good.
                              *Nods* Exactly the same here Kayleigh.... ;_; When i see a pic of Ash , Brock , Max & May it just looks so...well wrong and not Pokemon... Ash , Misty & Brocko are the people that spring to mind when i hear the words "Pokemon Anime" I am a huge Misty fan & to me without her its just not Pokemon :/ *...Cries...* *Ahem* Misty has been there every day with Ash & Brock for so long its imbedded in my memory for Pokemon. It is all of that , that makes me loath the writers of Pokemon & May & Max.

Well i think Misty should come back for good and Max & May
                              should stay in Hoen. I am a huge Misty fan & a huge Pokeshipper and when i heard Misty was officially leaving i almost cried , honest ^^;;;

I don't partically like Max & May , Max is cute , but too young for the group i think. I have hated May ever since i first saw her and i won't say why because then it will be Character bashing
                              ^^;;; I don't know really... i guess when i saw May i flared up because i could'nt help think she's like a replacement for Misty. I mean just like that ?!
                              Misty never to be seen again and the writers thought the viewers would'nt care ? I just can't belive that really....

I got some wise words from someone who was a Misty fan and new alot about the Anime who noted that May , who is the female character
                              in Ruby & Sapphire turned up in the anime to boost marketing ect. They brang her into the anime because the place was Hoen , R/S had just been released , and May was the female main character in it. That i belive is what makes me think that once Ash is finished in Hoen , May & Max will leave.

So yes i hope that May & Max leave at the end of AG , Misty comes back for good & Pokeshipping will become a reality ! ^o^

--- Why i left PC ---

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga's sig
                              << left PC and PROUD OF IT >>

I've come to my senses--PC makes me absolutely sick, I hate it. No, this isn't an attention-grab like some morons say it is, it's my stand against the degredation of this once-great place. It's clear to me that PC has been absolutely ruined, and I'll never be back. I'd like to thank the few of you who stand with me, especially people like Silent Tattsu and Frostweaver, as they have given me the strength to rise above this place. I need to get on with my life, especially after some of you have perverted and absolutely obliterated the old PC spirit. I'm not welcome here, and if I may say so, I don't care to be here. Just you wait, and PC will be dead. Not the forums themselves, as, at length, was stated in another topic, but the spirit of PC, more important than any individual member or group of members. It's fading fast, and I won't be around when it disappears, leaving an empty shell of a forum filled with members who delight in this new, ruinous order. So I have chosen to be brave and leave, even if it is unpopular or considered un-PC-ish. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm about as anti-PC as anyone can get right about now.
                              Nuff said. I don't need to explain, Kaga says it all. Please don't PM me, since i won't be here to check them. And while your at it stop giving Kaga bad rep points for his sig. One word i-m-m-a-t-u-r-e.
                                #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old February 22nd, 2004 (3:24 PM).
                              ♥ Matt

Location: Stalking you on the Who's Online page >D
                                Nature: Quiet
                                i would much rather have misty back than may. i don't like may. she's really annoying and kinda reminds me of the way my sister acts. she's always whining about something. i liked misty. like kayleigh said they were a group of 3 main characters and now it's just weird without her.
                                  #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old February 22nd, 2004 (7:58 PM).
                                Has catching up to do...

Quote:
                                  I hate Misty!

Blunt!

I say... bring back good ol' Kasumi. Haruka's a Pokeshipping distraction. =P TeeHee. But! She is cute. She has a winey, yet cheerful dispostion. n.n()

-Berrylicous Signature-
                                  My sitey is movin' to this place! ;.;

Let's boogie!
                                    #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old February 23rd, 2004 (3:24 AM).
                                  Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!

I will admit I prefer May to Misty but it would be nice to have both of them :)
                                      #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old February 24th, 2004 (7:52 PM).
                                    Insane Newbie

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by orange*berry
                                      Blunt!

I say... bring back good ol' Kasumi. Haruka's a Pokeshipping distraction. =P TeeHee. But! She is cute. She has a winey, yet cheerful dispostion. n.n()
                                      Agreed. Misty should come back, so that AAML should come back, and we can finally see Pokmon the way it should be!
                                      Also, I agree with ~*Silent Tattsu*~, in the fact that Max and May should leave, to make room. Four people's a lot already, and five would be too much.
                                      A nightmare for AAML would be for Max and May to stay on for the next five (or is it four? Never stopped to check :P) seasons...
                                        #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old February 29th, 2004 (1:18 AM).
                                      heh.

Well, it is stupid to take Pokemon only to contests. BUT! It is also crazy to
                                        take a bad mood all the time.....BUT!! Misty is sometimes nice while May's cute. So I take both..
                                          #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old March 5th, 2004 (4:00 AM).

Welllllllll ... quite a tough little thing isn't this poll? Well I voted brink back Misty cos she's always been my favourite character, she gave the show so much more... OMG i cant think of the word... ummmmm... character!!! lol OMG i said that 7 words before and I couldn't think of it... how sad ^^... Don't get me wrong, May's cool, well she was in the two eps that Misty came back in anyway and in Japanese... but I don't know what she's like in English yet (once again... I live in Australia...).

I think it would be cool to have MIsty and May they might have this rivalry but to me it looked like they could become good friends. It would be really cool to have the group as Ash, Misty, May and Max! :) but then they wouldn't do that would they? ok, well take out Max and Brock, bring back Misty and have a new guy. I don't know what you guys thing but Brock has always really annoyed me.

And we can't take away the ear pulling, thats part of what makes Misty Misty!!!
                                            #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old March 5th, 2004 (7:04 AM). Edited March 5th, 2004 by dqle.

Location: Millennium Town (more like a city now)
                                            Max pulls Brock's ear too!!!

Anyway, I think that the producers of Pokmon are intentionally only letting three characters in Ash's group, including Ash. (More on May and Max below) They're trying to set an environment similar to a typical RPG world. For instance, in the popular Final Fantasy series, you can only battle with a certain amout of characters (usually 3) They're trying to set the show based heavily on the game itself and quite frankly, it's getting annoying.

Because of endless hours in @*$! (school), I believe that the only reason there's four people in Ash's group is because May's and Max's character supplement each other. Without Max, May couldn't know where to begin and she has absolutely no knowledge about Pokmon. Without May, Max couldn't have gone with Ash in the first place and he really can't do anything on his own. (curse english!)

I'd love the producers to change their mind on the 'RPG setting' and get with reality. I'd also like Misty to stay with the group again, but at the same time, I don't! First, I'd like to see how things turn out without Misty. Second, if Misty got back with the group, there'd be a significant chance that she would actually reveal her feelings to Ash! If that were to happen... Pokmon would end as we know it!!!!!! The fact is, if Ash knew, he'd be sidetracked and probably not become a Pokmon Master(Champion), thus ending the series entirely!!!! That musn't happen! Life would stop making sense! (although, it still doen't make any sense to me)

Please don't hate me for this reply!

P.S. Why's Plusle sorta cut in half?!?!
                                            Oh yeah, please send me some pics of Misty in her new outfit, Misty-Chan! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for them!!! I am planning to draw comics when I have the time.
                                            Throw your hat high - up to the sun.

Now you face your greatest test. Use the lessons that you've learned.
                                            Your goal is to be the best, And claim the prize that you've earned.
                                            Ever since you were a young man, You've kept your eye on the master plan.
                                            To reach for the top - and touch the sky.

It's your destiny,
                                            To spread your wings and fly.

Pokémon: 2.B.A. Master - You Can Do It (If You Really Try)
                                              #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old March 6th, 2004 (6:55 PM).
                                            Is gone......

Location: Dimmsdale with Timmy and Wanda
                                              I perfer both of them. Both Haruka and Kasumi are cool.
                                                #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old March 7th, 2004 (7:46 PM).
                                              ash_misty4ever ash_misty4ever is offline
                                              We should be lovers....

Hehehe you know me! Whenever there's pokeshipping I'll be there! I think Max and May should be out because of the purpose of them staying with Ash. May lied to Ash in the beginning of the series and she just tags along, acting like she knows how to battle, and how to win contests. I would really like to see Ash and Misty alone in a series.

I voted Misty only!!
                                                I'm really sorry I haven't been on much. All I can say is that my reality life has caught up with me. I'm not the Pokemon Fan I used to be. I really hate to give all of this up after so long, but I can't quite help it. If I'm not online as much as I used to so very long ago, just remember it's my real life holding me back. BUT, when I become famous, I'll totally be sure to mention everyone of you in my acceptance speeches! Just remember the name EMILY MAYNARD!
                                                  #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old March 7th, 2004 (7:52 PM).
                                                Flaming Torchic Flaming Torchic is offline
                                                HalOWNED!

Location: No longer at the top of the Forum Leaders page. ;_;
                                                  Yeah, I don't really see Mays purpose in the show, the only reason I actually care if May is in it is so I can see Torchic =3 I vote both, because I would miss seeing Torchic and it would be cool to see Misty back. :)

Experience a Gaming Revolution!
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply