• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well, I haven't posted in a long time. D8

Mister Psilo

I'd hit it.
Years
  • Y HALO THAR. I doubt anyone remembers me. But I have art with me, so that doesn't matter! 8D

FYI: This may look bad on darker monitors.

+ lineart +
    + close up 1 + close up 2 +close up 3 +​

I'd say more, but I'm out of it right now. So, like, try to enjoy or something. :C

Last edited:

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    <33333333

Dude, you already know how much I love your art. D: This is probably one of the best pieces of work I've seen in forever, and that's saying something. The coloring is so wtfffhot and ugh, I love the Milotic like... omgggg. Your coloring skills knocks the socks off a gay man. </wtf> 8D

Postmorepls <3

Years
  • It's nicely coloured, and you clearly have talent, I just don't like it. The Milotic's alright, but Lucy's face is kinda ugly(More of a "take one step closer and you're dead" face than a "Look at me! I'm so good" sort of face that she usually has.), and the Seviper is quite bad...

I don't like it, but you are talented, and with a little more work I have no doubt you'll be popping out some excellent stuff!

Mister Psilo

I'd hit it.
    Years
  • Emperor ServingSpoon said:
    It's nicely coloured, and you clearly have talent, I just don't like it. The Milotic's alright, but Lucy's face is kinda ugly(More of a "take one step closer and you're dead" face than a "Look at me! I'm so good" sort of face that she usually has.), and the Seviper is quite bad...

I don't like it, but you are talented, and with a little more work I have no doubt you'll be popping out some excellent stuff!

If it's so bad, why don't you tell me some ways I can improve? 'Cause, that sort of helps.

Shawaazu

Wasting technology since 1989
    Years
  • Psiloooooo~

I missed your artwork (Snagger Outlaw from SPPf by the way) It does look a little dark, but I love the milotic's eye. It looks like it's saying "lay a hand on her I'll hurt you" xD

Mister Psilo

I'd hit it.
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments~

I edited the first post with a lighter version so hopefully it looks better. It looks bad this way to me, but meh. :C

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • This Azami! She's incredible and this pic of her is incredible! I just wish Nintendo made her wear something more covering like a pretty kimono because to me Azami isn't that kind of sexy.
    btw, your avatar is extremely hot! I've never seen a Datsura that hot before
    I'd like to know your technique, do you do it all on the computer, what program do you use, how long it takes etc. I'm interested in different types of PokeArt.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Emperor ServingSpoon said:
    It's nicely coloured, and you clearly have talent, I just don't like it. The Milotic's alright, but Lucy's face is kinda ugly(More of a "take one step closer and you're dead" face than a "Look at me! I'm so good" sort of face that she usually has.), and the Seviper is quite bad...

God, I hate people like you that are soo good at pointing out what you don't like, but NEVER ever freakin giving suggestions. :/ So uuhh yeah. go away.

Anyway, I really admire how Azami came out. She was very beautifully drawn, and its very attractive. The Milotic came out stunning, and the colors are intriguing. I like this, even though my fascination for pokemon has died like ages ago lol. Excellent job

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    This is an intense and highly awesome pic. whjat I love the most is that pokemon...not seviper.......can't recall its' name at the moment....XD But I like it a lot.

You mean the Milotic? lol

Years
  • It's not that bad... It's a good picture, it's just not entirely accurate, or it's drawn in a style that doesn't please my eyes...

I don't know specifically how to improve it as I haven't drawn her or Milotic much... And when I draw Seviper it usually turns out in such a way that I don't like it as well.

I find her face unappealing, which is partially because of the style you used, but also because it's so scrunched up near the top. Her mouth is kind of smirking, but her teeth are showing more like it was just an ordinary smile. Also the red on her cheeks/under her eyes or whatever doesn't help at all. There's either too much of it, or it's just placed badly. Though if you really want to, you could just say she's bad at putting on make up... Her armpit on Seviper's side is also a bit odd. I wouldn't have drawn that line there.(Actually, I might've, but I would have also regretted it) Not as long, at least...

Seviper's bottom jaw is too small. There's plenty of it. It's big and golden. The golden bit's on it's forehead don't look pointy enough to me, also, but I don't think that's necessarily what is making it look odd to me. But I'm not sure that I can specifically describe how to improve it. I would personally just look at an official picture or three again to get more of an idea how to improve. Of course, I don't much like the way Seviper looks when it's extended out even in the show, but I think what's really getting me here is just the bottom jaw.

And while I'm at it, the bits that drop down from Milotic's head are supposed to be longer. Not that big of an issue, though I think they are maybe a bit under double the length they are in your pic...

And in my defense, I was probably in a rush and didn't know exactly how to improve the picture so that I would like it. I wanted to comment and say that he was a good drawer(or at least colourer), but that I didn't like the picture itself. The number of people that comment on here rediculously positively is... a large number. I knew that he wouldn't have any trouble receiving positive comments and thought that rather than telling him "Perfect! 10/10!(message too short!!!!)" that I would tell him that I didn't like how it turned out. I hope I have explained myself better now, though I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't just get a few more grumpy responses...

You can colour nicely, undoubtedly, and you can probably draw well too(it's certainly not scribble), you could just use a bit more accuracy.(I find the same thing about some of the best pictures around here, though to a lesser extent) Keep up the good work. :)

Mister Psilo

I'd hit it.
    Years
  • Emperor ServingSpoon said:
    It's not that bad... It's a good picture, it's just not entirely accurate, or it's drawn in a style that doesn't please my eyes...

I don't know specifically how to improve it as I haven't drawn her or Milotic much... And when I draw Seviper it usually turns out in such a way that I don't like it as well.

I find her face unappealing, which is partially because of the style you used, but also because it's so scrunched up near the top. Her mouth is kind of smirking, but her teeth are showing more like it was just an ordinary smile. Also the red on her cheeks/under her eyes or whatever doesn't help at all. There's either too much of it, or it's just placed badly. Though if you really want to, you could just say she's bad at putting on make up... Her armpit on Seviper's side is also a bit odd. I wouldn't have drawn that line there.(Actually, I might've, but I would have also regretted it) Not as long, at least...

Seviper's bottom jaw is too small. There's plenty of it. It's big and golden. The golden bit's on it's forehead don't look pointy enough to me, also, but I don't think that's necessarily what is making it look odd to me. But I'm not sure that I can specifically describe how to improve it. I would personally just look at an official picture or three again to get more of an idea how to improve. Of course, I don't much like the way Seviper looks when it's extended out even in the show, but I think what's really getting me here is just the bottom jaw.

And while I'm at it, the bits that drop down from Milotic's head are supposed to be longer. Not that big of an issue, though I think they are maybe a bit under double the length they are in your pic...

And in my defense, I was probably in a rush and didn't know exactly how to improve the picture so that I would like it. I wanted to comment and say that he was a good drawer(or at least colourer), but that I didn't like the picture itself. The number of people that comment on here rediculously positively is... a large number. I knew that he wouldn't have any trouble receiving positive comments and thought that rather than telling him "Perfect! 10/10!(message too short!!!!)" that I would tell him that I didn't like how it turned out. I hope I have explained myself better now, though I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't just get a few more grumpy responses...

You can colour nicely, undoubtedly, and you can probably draw well too(it's certainly not scribble), you could just use a bit more accuracy.(I find the same thing about some of the best pictures around here, though to a lesser extent) Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I try drawing Seviper (I love the thing, I just can't draw it well. D8). I need all the help I can get with that.
    But yeah, I think I have a bizarre way with drawing faces. I have this weird tendency to, like, distort them (for either better or worse +giggle+). I guess it's just a style quirk or something (which may seem like a lame excuse, but I'm not aiming for it to be).
    Hmm... You're not the only one who's said something about my habit of putting red blush on my art. It seems a lot of a people dislike it when I do that. Which rather surprises me because I've seen quite a few artists go about that way, and I find it highly appealing. Eh, I guess it's an "either love it or loathe it" situation.

Sorry if I seemed defensive, I just get annoyed if someone says they dislike something, and they don't state how I could improve. But you definately made up for that with what you just posted. I love comments like that, and I rather appreciate them. 8D
    But yes, I apologize again. I have no hard feelings.

Crystal Clair said:
    This Azami! She's incredible and this pic of her is incredible! I just wish Nintendo made her wear something more covering like a pretty kimono because to me Azami isn't that kind of sexy.
    btw, your avatar is extremely hot! I've never seen a Datsura that hot before
    I'd like to know your technique, do you do it all on the computer, what program do you use, how long it takes etc. I'm interested in different types of PokeArt.

Thanks~!
    Azami has an interesting design. I'm not too fond of her top, but I love her pants and belt (even if it is gaudy X3).
    I usually do my art completely in PhotoShop 7.0 (I traditionally inked the Azami picture though). It takes a various amount of time. Definately over a couple hours for each picture, like, on average about close to seven hours or something. Most of the time is usually spent on inking, and it's tedious with a mouse. I dislike my tablet though, so yeah. X3

+babbles on too much+ ... 8D;

Back