• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese DCC

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Sooooooo....we'll use this in place of the tourney discussion thread. This thread should serve the purpose and just talking about anime, manga, whatever suits you about the subject or just asking questions. Also, picture request and AMVs may be posted here as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kazuma said:
    I get to post first! Yay! XD So Jorge, can we talk about animes such as DBZ, Pokemon etc
    Yeah, more or less whatever you want that fits the area.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kazuma said:
    Ok. Jorge, did you ever like the Dragonball Anime?
    Just the original and the Cell saga.

And yeah, you can request torrents here as long as the show isn't airing on TV at the moment and as long as the episode hasn't aired yet. So you can ask for Naruto but it'd have to be an episode that hasn't aired in the US yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    And I guess I'll post whenever someone licenses a new anime.

Anywho, Funimation now has Solty Rei, Tsubasa and Black Cat and are looking into Bleach as an early buy next year.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • EDIT: Nevermind my last post XD I read too fats through Kazuhito's post.

Originally posted by Kazuma
    You are seriously confusing me Jorge. O.o;

He means what Funamation is going to dub into the US.

The thing is, I thought Black Cat was just recently new in Japan o__O don't they like, wait for some eps to air there or something? Like with Pokemon?

Either that or its not as new as I thought XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, episode ten is just airing this week. Depending on how long it'll run is how they make their choices sometimes. Black Cat is based off a 20 volume manga, but I think it's only going to run 26 episodes since it's from Gonzo...I think, and they only make anime that go up to 30 episodes.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I knew it. So i'm not crazy XD *brick'd*

Gonzo? Never heard of it. Meh, its probably like how Wolf's Rain was; 20 some eps and only 2 manga, only the other way around X3

And why would they make Anime that only goes up to 30 eps? That kinda sucks :/ But its their decision..

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, they make a lot of anime, but long anime series...I really don't think they've ever done anything that goes pass the basic 30 episodes. Sometimes they do seasons to show, like how Tsubasa has 26 episodes at the moment and next year season two will come along and it'll be a little over 50 episodes at the time.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Really? Well I thought you were talking about Anime they make in general..Cause if the show you mentioned has more then 50 episode coming then it certainly is past the 30 ep mark o__O;; But I really don't think seasons matter and thats probably why.

I didn't even think they had seasons in Japan, or is that just for Pocket Monsters?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Seasons are hard to define over there. Sometimes the shows have a set episode number, other times it'll go as long as it gets good ratings and sells well enough.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    This will be fun. Has anybody gotten into Bleach?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • How many people in here like Rurouni Kenshin, it's my all time favorite anime and no other anime will take that spot......ever.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Usually here's how the episodes work in Japan, duh it's by seasons

39 (Haven't seens this one as of yet)
    Numbers that are somewhat close to the season numbers
    Forever (as with stuff like Naruto, One Piece, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Inuyasha (which has ended)

Years
  • Wow, I'm so happy that we now have a DCC for Anime discussions! This is going to be awesome!

Er, well I have watched both Bleach and Naruto but I'm not really a fan of those animes. I'm more of a fan of Gundam Seed, R.O.D the TV, Please Twins and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Digi-kun, you seem to know your anime. Have you ever watched Please Twins? ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    digi-kun said:
    Usually here's how the episodes work in Japan, duh it's by seasons

39 (Haven't seens this one as of yet)
    Numbers that are somewhat close to the season numbers
    Forever (as with stuff like Naruto, One Piece, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Inuyasha (which has ended)
    Hmm, I'd say it's more like

50-52

Usually if a show runs for more than 52 episodes, it'll be one of those forever type shows like Naruto, Inuyasha and other shows like that. If a show runs for more than 26 episodes it'll usually go all the way to 50

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Caroline said:
    Wow, I'm so happy that we now have a DCC for Anime discussions! This is going to be awesome!

Er, well I have watched both Bleach and Naruto but I'm not really a fan of those animes. I'm more of a fan of Gundam Seed, R.O.D the TV, Please Twins and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Digi-kun, you seem to know your anime. Have you ever watched Please Twins? ^_^
    Onegai twins...ya actually i have XD got into it via AMV i watched

ah meh, guess it was ok...different, but ok

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Oh so thats why shows like Pocket Monsters and Naruto don't have seasons? XD I never knew that; I just asumed that all shows in Japan don't have seasons once I found out that Pocket Monsters didn't.

Back