ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2006 (7:22 AM).
Kanto Legend

I have the following script for a pikachu cry and I was wondering how I can do it so that the pikachu says "PIKAAAA" before you hear the cry.

#org 0x71d520
    cry 0xA1 25
    #raw 01
    end

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code : 2535 3381 4158

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 2nd, 2006 (8:06 AM).
    Flushing Meadows
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Bold

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ssj
    I have the following script for a pikachu cry and I was wondering how I can do it so that the pikachu says "PIKAAAA" before you hear the cry.

#org 0x71d520
    cry 0xA1 25
    #raw 01
    end

To add a text to your script, just add a "msgbox" and "callstd" command to it, together with the text you want to display.
    The whole script with an added message box would look like this:
    Code:
    #org 0x71d520
    msgbox 0x71d550
    callstd 0x6
    cry 0xA1 25
    #raw 01
    end

#org 0x71d550 = PIKAAAA

This signature has been disabled.
    Height well exceeds 350px.
    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (8:50 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2006 by ssj.
    Kanto Legend

If the original offset used at first is 0x71d520 how did you come up with 0x71d550 ?
      Also when I go and talk to the Pikachu all he says is PIKAAA without a cry.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (12:19 PM).
      Flushing Meadows
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ssj
      If the original offset used at first is 0x71d520 how did you come up with 0x71d550 ?
      Also when I go and talk to the Pikachu all he says is PIKAAA without a cry.
      After the offset 71D520, you will find a lot of free space, so, since I wanted to play it safe, and avoid overwriting of your other Script, I increased the offset a bit. And because scripts like that won't take up 30 bytes, it was safe to choose it.

I just tested the script, and it is working fine.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (12:48 PM).
      Imagine

Nature: Naughty

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Scizz
        Your Script above is as broken as it can be. You should use this one instead:
        Code:
        #autobank on
        #org 0x800100
        checkflag 0x1FF
        if 0 0x800150
        end

#org 0x800150 cry 0xA1 0x8F #raw 01 msgbox 0x800200 callstd 0x4 wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0 #raw 53 #raw 0[Event's Index number] #raw 00 setflag 0x1FF end

#org 0x800200 = It's a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!

Replace [Event's Index number] with the Event-Number Advance-Map tells you for that specific Event.

To "get the Script offset to plop into Advance-Map", just copy the offset of where you inserted the Script (800100 in this case, and type it in the Event's "Script offset" box, keeping the leading $-symbol. ($800100))

There is no way of changing Pokémon crys in G/S without a Hex-Editor, yet.

Thanks, ok, I used SSC to creat that bit..
        Now for another Q, Afther the event, how could I make the sprte (in this case snoralax)
        go away?

Plus more, how do I pacage my scripts into my hacked rom?

Old August 2nd, 2006 (12:56 PM).
        Flushing Meadows
        • Silver Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by simadons
        Thanks, ok, I used SSC to creat that bit..
        Now for another Q, Afther the event, how could I make the sprte (in this case snoralax)
        go away?

Plus more, how do I pacage my scripts into my hacked rom?

The sprite hiding part is already included in the Script.
        Code:
        #raw 53
        #raw 0[Event's Index number]
        #raw 00

Your second question has been asked many times before.
        Simply insert your Script in ScriptED's textbox, and click the "compile" button.
        Make sure that the ROM you want to compile it to is in the same folder as ScriptED, and that it's filename is free of spaces.
        Please use the search function in the future.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (3:18 PM).
        Kanto Legend

Would the following script work to give a bulbasaur in pokemon fire red?
          checkflag 0x71c44d
          if 0 0x71c44e
          setflag 0x0x71c44d
          givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00
          end

Old August 2nd, 2006 (3:18 PM).
          NightKev

1) Which is better, EliteMap or AdvanceMap? (Or is this the "program1 has features A D F while program2 has features B C E" situation?)

2) Would I be able to hack Emerald or am I stuck with Ruby/Sapphire?

Old August 2nd, 2006 (3:23 PM). Edited August 2nd, 2006 by Pazuzu.
            Flushing Meadows
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ssj
            Would the following script work to give a bulbasaur in pokemon fire red?
            checkflag 0x71c44d
            if 0 0x71c44e
            setflag 0x0x71c44d
            end
            No, that Script would not work, because you can not use offsets as Flag values.
            Any values from 0 up to FFFF can be used for Flags. (Example: checkflag 0x1EF ; setflag 0x5D2 ; clearflag 0x3)
            Also, the #org command at the top is missing.

I reccomend you to have a look at the "commands.html", that comes with EliteMap to see how to use the commands.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (3:51 PM). Edited August 2nd, 2006 by Pazuzu.
            Imagine

I would but I kept on geting: DATABASE ERROR... It seems that the whole site is ploped onto one server. Also, I meant to appolgize for not posting in this thread.

And I have tried sending this via quick reply 10 times useing high speed cable internet.

Ok, is there a way to make the script only work if you a have a blue flute in your invo, to make it like the older games.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (5:54 PM).
              Flushing Meadows
              • Silver Tier

Quote:
              I would but I kept on geting: DATABASE ERROR... It seems that the whole site is ploped onto one server. Also, I meant to appolgize for not posting in this thread.

And I have tried sending this via quick reply 10 times useing high speed cable internet.

Ok, is there a way to make the script only work if you a have a blue flute in your invo, to make it like the older games.

Here is a sample script, that checks if you have the BLUE FLUTE in your bag, and depending on it, will display a different text.
              If you want it to do something different, just change it to your likings.
              Code:
              #autobank on

#org 0x800000 msgbox 0x800200 callstd 0x4 #raw 47 #raw 27 'item \ blue #raw 0 'item / flute #raw 1 'quantity \ #raw 0 'quantity / one compare LASTRESULT 0x0 if 0x1 jump 0x800150 msgbox 0x800300 callstd 0x6 end

#org 0x800150 msgbox 0x800400 callstd 0x6 release end

#org 0x800200 = Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300 = Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400 = Nope, you don't have the Item.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NightKev
              1) Which is better, EliteMap or AdvanceMap? (Or is this the "program1 has features A D F while program2 has features B C E" situation?)

2) Would I be able to hack Emerald or am I stuck with Ruby/Sapphire?

1) Advance-Map and Elite-Map have basicly the same features. (EliteMap might use a different program for some of them, though.)
              However, there are some differences, like Advance-Map allowing you to add new Maps, and allowing you to create new wild Pokémon data, while EliteMap allows you to edit the size and position of the Map on the World-Map.
              Just use the program you feel most comfortable with. (Or switch editors if you want to use a certain feature, however, that might cause a corruption of the ROM.)

2) Both Map Editors support Pokémon Emerald, however, you will have to add the Emerald settings to EliteMap's "Pokeroms.ini" file in order for it to work.
              Those offsets have been posted in the Documents forum.

Old August 2nd, 2006 (6:09 PM).
              Imagine

Quote:
                Here is a sample script, that checks if you have the BLUE FLUTE in your bag, and depending on it, will display a different text.
                If you want it to do something different, just change it to your likings.
                Code:
                #autobank on

#org 0x800000 msgbox 0x800200 callstd 0x4 #raw 47 #raw 27 'item \ blue #raw 0 'item / flute #raw 1 'quantity \ #raw 0 'quantity / one compare LASTRESULT 0x0 if 0x1 jump 0x800150 msgbox 0x800300 callstd 0x6 end

#org 0x800150 msgbox 0x800400 callstd 0x6 release end

#org 0x800200 = Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300 = Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400 = Nope, you don't have the Item.

1) Advance-Map and Elite-Map have basicly the same features. (EliteMap might use a different program for some of them, though.)
                However, there are some differences, like Advance-Map allowing you to add new Maps, and allowing you to create new wild Pokémon data, while EliteMap allows you to edit the size and position of the Map on the World-Map.
                Just use the program you feel most comfortable with. (Or switch editors if you want to use a certain feature, however, that might cause a corruption of the ROM.)

2) Both Map Editors support Pokémon Emerald, however, you will have to add the Emerald settings to EliteMap's "Pokeroms.ini" file in order for it to work.
                Those offsets have been posted in the Documents forum.

Sorry for so many questions, but how would I ocmbine both scripts, oh, and thank you a whole bunch.

Member since July 29th, 2006
                I stay on the Down Low

Old August 3rd, 2006 (3:40 AM).

how can i start to hack can some one help me

Old August 3rd, 2006 (3:41 AM).
                  Flushing Meadows
                  • Silver Tier

Quote:
                  Sorry for so many questions, but how would I ocmbine both scripts, oh, and thank you a whole bunch.
                  To combine both Scripts, just take the parts you need from one, and insert them in the appropriate place of the other one.
                  For example, the Battle/Hiding part of the first one, would be included after the Item-check of the current one.
                  Code:
                  #autobank on

#org 0x800000 #raw 47 #raw 27 'item \ blue #raw 0 'item / flute #raw 1 'quantity \ #raw 0 'quantity / one compare LASTRESULT 0x1 if 0x1 jump 0x800150 msgbox 0x800100 callstd 0x6 end

#org 0x800150 msgbox 0x800200 callstd 0x4 wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0 #raw 53 #raw 0[Event's Index number] #raw 00 end

#org 0x800200 = It's a sleeping Pokemon, err, not anymore! end

#org 0x800100 = It's a sleeping Pokemon.

All you have to do is to replace "[Event's Index number]" with the number of your Snorlax Event on the Map.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dakelland
                  how can i start to hack can some one help me
                  Read the stickied FAQ thread in this forum, thank you.

Old August 3rd, 2006 (6:00 AM).
                  Kanto Legend

Im having a probelm I made this script to give a bulbasaur and compiled it but when ever I load up the rom in vba all I get is a white screen.
                    #org 0x71c44d
                    checkflag 0x1EF
                    if 0 0x3
                    setflag 0x5D2
                    end

Old August 3rd, 2006 (6:06 AM). Edited August 3rd, 2006 by Pazuzu.
                    Flushing Meadows
                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ssj
                    Im having a probelm I made this script to give a bulbasaur and compiled it but when ever I load up the rom in vba all I get is a white screen.
                    #org 0x71c44d
                    checkflag 0x1EF
                    if 0 0x3
                    setflag 0x5D2
                    end
                    Your problem is the wrong usage of the IF-command.
                    When using an IF-command, you have to specify an offset to go to, if the value you are comparing is either true or false.
                    Also, you have to agree on one flag to use. Since you used 1EF in the first place, we'll continue using that one.
                    Code:
                    #org 0x71c44d
                    checkflag 0x1EF
                    if 0 0x71c45d
                    end

#org 0x71c45d setflag 0x1EF givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 end

Old August 3rd, 2006 (6:59 AM).

hi all,

i'm making a pokehack and now i need to edit the world map:\

now i'm asking does some1 have a program to create easy a map?

if there is no prog to make a map then can u give some tips to create a map.

Old August 3rd, 2006 (11:16 AM).
                      Flushing Meadows
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by borgoth
                      hi all,

i'm making a pokehack and now i need to edit the world map:\

now i'm asking does some1 have a program to create easy a map?

if there is no prog to make a map then can u give some tips to create a map.

You can edit the World-Map of Pokémon Advance games, using a tool made by Mewthree9000, named Cyclone.

Tutorials how to use it can be found here:
                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257

Though they are made for Titlescreen editing, World-Map editing works the same way.
                      Also using the search function will help.

Alternatively, you can use a Hex-Editor and unLZ-GBA to edit it.

Old August 3rd, 2006 (12:10 PM).
                      Kanto Legend

Quote:
                        Your problem is the wrong usage of the IF-command.
                        When using an IF-command, you have to specify an offset to go to, if the value you are comparing is either true or false.
                        Also, you have to agree on one flag to use. Since you used 1EF in the first place, we'll continue using that one.
                        Code:
                        #org 0x71c44d
                        checkflag 0x1EF
                        if 0 0x71c45d
                        end

#org 0x71c45d setflag 0x1EF givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 end

I tired this code but when I talk to a person nothing happens do I have to add a message into this script something like Heres a bulbasaur.

Old August 3rd, 2006 (1:17 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2006 by Pazuzu.
                        Flushing Meadows
                        • Silver Tier

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ssj
                        I tired this code but when I talk to a person nothing happens do I have to add a message into this script something like Heres a bulbasaur.
                        I just compiled the Script, and it's working fine.
                        Try re-compiling it. In some cases, you might have to use different offsets or Flags.
                        Message boxes are not required, but if you want, you can add them.

Old August 3rd, 2006 (4:21 PM).
                        Kanto Legend

Would this script work so that the text appears before you recive the bulbasaur?
                          #org 0x71c5cc
                          message 0x71c5ce
                          boxset 0x2
                          end
                          #org 0x71c5ce
                          =Hey I found this bulbasaur its quiet
                          young you should train it

#org 0x71d526
                          checkflag 0x1EF
                          if 0 0x71c45d
                          end

#org 0x71c45d
                          setflag 0x1EF
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          #raw 00
                          end

Old August 3rd, 2006 (4:37 PM).
                          Flushing Meadows
                          • Silver Tier

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ssj
                          Would this script work so that the text appears before you recive the bulbasaur?
                          No, it wouldn't, because you have no reference to the text script in the Pokémon giving part of the script.
                          Simply add the message box part before you receive the Pokémon, the givepokemon command.
                          Code:
                          #org 0x71d526
                          checkflag 0x1EF
                          if 0 0x71c45d
                          end

#org 0x71c45d setflag 0x1EF msgbox 0x71c5ce boxset 0x6 givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 end

#org 0x71c5ce =Hey I found this bulbasaur\nits quiet young you\nshould train it

Old August 4th, 2006 (12:45 AM).

im having trouble with changing the starters in ruby, i have imported munchlax into my game over the green question mark after celebi. what i need to no is the code to replace treeko into munchlax, thanks

Old August 4th, 2006 (3:09 AM).
                            Flushing Meadows
                            • Silver Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by raddx
                            im having trouble with changing the starters in ruby, i have imported munchlax into my game over the green question mark after celebi. what i need to no is the code to replace treeko into munchlax, thanks
                            The Hex value for the Pokémon Slot after Celebi is FC00.
                            Simply replace the Pokémon Value of one of the old starters with this, and you will have your new Pokémon selectable when you open the Bag.

Old August 4th, 2006 (6:24 AM).
                            Kanto Legend

Quote:
                              No, it wouldn't, because you have no reference to the text script in the Pokémon giving part of the script.
                              Simply add the message box part before you receive the Pokémon, the givepokemon command.
                              Code:
                              #org 0x71d526
                              checkflag 0x1EF
                              if 0 0x71c45d
                              end

#org 0x71c45d setflag 0x1EF msgbox 0x71c5ce boxset 0x6 givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 #raw 00 end

#org 0x71c5ce =Hey I found this bulbasaur\nits quiet young you\nshould train it

I tried this script and when I talk to the guy all that comes up is a text box with nothing in it.

Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

Sponsored Links