• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Molly Hale/Mii (had a hard time with this)

Guest123_x1

I was thinking about having a try at doing some Molly Hale (Spell Of The Unown) fanart. I was considering posting this (see attachment) in my club, but I don't think it looks good enough for it. (Even the original pencil sketch, which I scanned and traced with MSPaint, then did colors, and resized in GIMP, looks better than this)
    I might have to redo it from scratch
    eyes.gif

-ottermi619-
    The thumbnail may look ugly, but it'll be nicer once you click to view full-size

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • OMG,that looks wonderful!!I absolutely love the shading =D It looks so similar to the anime Molly =3

10/10

What programs did you use? =D

Guest123_x1

..:whitewolf:.. said:
    i like it but her eyes look weird and her head looks odd
    I was expecting someone else to say that the head looked a bit *puffs cheeks*. The pencil sketch didn't look like that when I scanned it in, but even there's problems with it too that I had to correct when I did the tracing/outlining.

Shampoo: I used MSPaint to do the outlines and color, then resized and did background in The GIMP

-ottermi619-
    I also had to resize the image horizontially because if I had resized it spherically, the head would've been too wide.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Wow,now that is hot. But not at the same lvl of hotness as the Blue RO Kapras. XD Anyway,not bad for an MS paint work. Could use some working on,like the eyes for example and neck for example. Not bad at all. =)

Guest123_x1

What should I do with the eyes and head? (I know what's wrong with the neck, since I'm currently doing a new pencil sketch)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Looks pretty good. However, the eyes seem to be too far away from eachother. The mouth is too wide, makes her look frog-ish. I suggest you make the eyes a little bigger too. You did a great job on this one, though ^_^ 8/10

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Wow, that's Paint? The lines are so smooth and it looks very clean, like something from the movie.

But I do agree that there is a slight problem with her eyes.
    Remember this rule: The space between a person's eyes should be about as wide as one of their eye. This applies to both real life and anime. Young girls and boys can have a wider space because that makes them look cute. But Molly here is not a young girl and the space between her eyes is over two eyes wide!
    Therefore, you should make her eyes larger and a bit closer together.

That bright hot-pink background is also pretty distracting and those grainy dots are unnecessary. Make it a pale purple or something.

?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Guest123_x1

Wow, that's Paint? The lines are so smooth and it looks very clean, like something from the movie.
    That's why I used the GIMP to downsize the final image to what you see. I did the outlining in rather large resolution (around 1500 horizontial pixels) If I posted the original size image, the lines wouldn't be smoothed.

The space between a person's eyes should be about as wide as one of their eye
    Then why do I see actual screenshots with two eye widths spacing? (my art I originally posted looks more like 3 or 4 eye widths apart.)
    Am I suppose to make the eyes look like MewMew Power or something?

UPDATE: I finished the revised version, attached below

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Ah yes! Now thats the sort of goodness i wanted to see! A very big difference between the orginal and the next one. Good job!

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
  • ..:whitewolf:.. said:
    i like it but her eyes look weird and her head looks odd

Word. The only thing I can see is the eye-size and possibly the head-shape. It might be a bit too wide. An honest mistake. I do this alot. Sometimes I end up rubbing through the paper because I cant' draw light lines for some reason. Thank goodness for computors is all i can say. <3 ctrl+z

About the revised version:

The eyes are a little bit too big, this time. Also, I suggest changing the nose a little bit. It should only be to the side if her head is pointed to the side. If shes looking right at u, it should be like this:
    sample.jpg

or a straight line with some shading to one side. Whichever you prefer.
    also, I would make the neck a bit shorter.

Keep trying, you will get the hang of it. go for it.

Remember, we are tools to make your life easier. We shall help you fine tune it.

Last edited:

butterFlyFree

Fields of green
    Years
  • Her face Doesn't look so good
    Is it the shape or her eyes
    And the face is always the hardest thing.

Still it's great 9.99999999999/10 :5:
    You got good talent

Guest123_x1

It took me a few days to get this latest version concoted. See below.

The head does look a bit out of proportion though in regard to size...

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I'm thinking maybe the head's too small (or perhaps the you know whats are a bit too big?)

Back