• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summoner's Legacy

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
NEWS: 05/08/2006
Updated screen shots section. Check out my snazzy icons and particles
Next Update: full particle animations

SUMMONER'S LEGACY
{STORY}
Strange rifts have begun forming in the world of Jade, creatures horrific and wonderous have come forth, some causing complete destruction, others simply trying to survive in their new found home. Your adventure begins as either Leo or Crystal under the tutelage of Jinn, one of the few who knows the secrets of the rifts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{FEATURES}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Battle System]
-During battle multiple skills may be selected each round with each skill affecting the next, building combos to overpower your opponent will be key to victory.
-One on one action with the ability to switch between 5 summons.
[Summons]
-Currently 100 Summons planned, more to come.
-Summons possess between 3 and 5 'growth' stages, some branch off into completely different creatures
-On leveling up stat points are distributed by the player to increase summon's statistics
-Skill Points are used to gain new skills and upgrade old ones. No skill is useless.
-Multiple equipment slots for each summon, resulting in more depth.
-Nutrition system, feeding your summons over time will yield slight statistic gains.
[Story Arcs]
-Multiple endings based on choices made throughout the game.
-'Story-battles' can be won, forcing the story to play out differently.
-Ally with various guilds searching for the rifts' secrets.
[Locations]
-Travel between worlds and planes of existance in your adventure.
-Varying time periods ranging from the high tech future to the stone age and even before time!
-Maps designed for speedy travel, no insanely long levels with repetive battles.
{ART}
Please note that all art posted here was hand pixeled by me so it takes time for me to get more content ._.
[SCREENSHOTS][NEW]
menu_main_050806.png

-look at teh shinies!
menu_item_050806.png

-do you want the potion? c'mon you know you do...
menu_skills_050806.png

-hey look new actions!
particle_test_050406.png

-an oldie...but can you see something special brewing?

main_menu_050306.png

-menu works!?
animation_test_050306.png

-crappy animation test
[MOCKUPS]
New layouts to be implement into the game soon.
mockup_battle_01.png

-revamped battle screen (still missing proper icons and a background)
mockup_town_01.png

-town style test
mockup_wild_01.png

-wilds/nature style test
[SUMMONS]
-bio-data comming soon
lizard.png

snake.png

bird.png

fishy.png

rock.png

spider.png

worm.png

wolf.png

{LEGAL}
all artwork, screenshots, coding copyrighted 2005-2006 by Jason Karr
directx is a trademark of microsoft

For those who are posting I would appreciate your thoughts on the look and feel of my project thusfar. Also I would like to hear what things annoyed you in the pokemon game series. I will be trying to incorporate and balance Summoner's Legacy so that it is fun, interactive, and non-repetitive. I know the project is lacking in actual in-game screens, but it was hard to get any since I had to hand program the entire game engine ^^U. Anyways enjoy!

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Dude. This is looking good. I was disapointed at not seeing a battle background. Glad I now know that you haven't implemented one. I Can now understand why the spider took so long! Keep up the good work!

BTW: Any actual in game screenshots involving the maps or OWs?

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Oh those battle screens are not final at all, I just posted them to show the code behind my battle system works XD. The interface will get a facelift and there will be backgrounds to fight on ^^U.

There are no in-game maps yet, I won't get to that until A)I finish the battle system B)I get more map tiles finished. I'm hoping the battle system will be done by today or tomrorrow. I mostly just have to rearange the layout and add some new skills and animations in.

Rubypoke

Addictive...
Years
Looks interesting... Battling looks interesting. I'd like to see more of this though, the pokemon are good but not Pokemon-Like if that makes sense. Just put some screenies up then i can rate better.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Wow, I finally get to see the spider. Which by the way looks awsome. I can't wait to see an in-game screen of your new mockup for the battle system.
Also, RubyPoke, i believe since the game is called Summoner's Legacy.....it isn't actually a pokemon game, I believe he is using the kind of monster's but overall it will be a Summoner game( like Summoner and Summoner 2)
Also, dude, i want to see some of the in-game, or mock ups of some of your towns.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
@Allen: Glad you likie =3.

@Christos: Thanks, I spent alot of time making them

@Rubypoke: ^^U like hyperion said this isn't exactly a pokemon game, glad you like the art though.

@Hyperion: Lol everybody gets to see the spider now XD. The new battle interface is looking mega cool right now, added in icons and such. More screenies will be up once I fix my broken particle system. I love direct3d >_<!

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
wow nice game i like your sprites what program are you making it in

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
It's great to see another new project around here! Especially seeing another person use C++. XD

Great start, man. Good luck.

MistTribe

Member of the Mist Tribe.
Years
Okay ummm..... O.O no better way to say this, but "Woah..." What maker are you using? Please tell me!! Im so inerested in it! o.o Can't wait to see more updates.

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Awesome game!It takes skill to program stuff like this!Awesome custim graphics as well.I love games with custom style graphics.Glad another person decided to stand up and make a non-pokemon game as well.Oh, MistTribe,he already said that he's programing it himself,not with a maker.

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
Years
Looks good to me already. I'll definately be playing this one :)

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Update time ^_^.

menu_main_050806.png

menu_item_050806.png

menu_skills_050806.png

particle_test_050406.png

The attack icon is being revamped again (It's supposed to be fangs, but w/o a mouth it looks like...um not a mouth XD)

Right now I'm building a particle animation engine, trying to animate particles w/o point and click is waaaaaaay too hard lol.

@Daegon: Thanks man, C++ is so fun *gnashes teeth*.
@MistTribe: Lol...no maker, just coding it in C++
@sketch: Glad you liked it, enjoy the new custom art ^_^.
@Krusty: Thats just want I want to hear.
@DutchGuy: Thankies, there's more graphics on the way.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
that look tight dude. One question though, are there goingto be back pics? all i have seen if fronts of all the summons,are you doing that becasue you don't have the time right now to sprite them,.....or are you just not going to have them. Looks good though

kumamon

Korikakumon!
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2006
very good a maze me again and again time after time LOL good job

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
@Hyperion:There will definately be back pics, I just haven't had time to do them. In that update above, I forgot to mentioned I had to recode over half the game engine because a function (*pointer) bug, some variables weren't storing the damage data correctly u_u.

@Kumamon: Thanks again and again and time after time XD...

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
This game looks great. Good luck with it cause I really wanna play this. What maker is it for btw?

Back